Regardless of color, facial hair negatively affects the appearance of women, creating an appearance that is not well-groomed. It is impossible to get rid of them forever, but to slow down the growth of hairs is quite real.
This can be done using cosmetic procedures, as well as improvised items and special preparations. Knowing the rules for carrying out the above manipulations, a woman can transform her face, getting rid of excess hair, even at home.
Is it possible to get rid of facial hair forever
It is forever impossible to get rid of facial hair from the point of view of physiology. Unwanted vegetation appears on the skin of men and women, where there are hair follicles, which is extremely difficult to completely stop the functioning.
Despite this, marketers argue that some of the most expensive cosmetic procedures, in particular photoepilation or laser hair removal, can once and for all solve this problem.
In fact, after completing the course of such procedures, the work of hair follicles only slows down significantly, the hairs become thinner and “burn out”, which in total creates a feeling in a person that the vegetation no longer appears in unwanted areas of his body.
The main disadvantages of photo and laser hair removal are:
- high cost for a course consisting of 10 procedures;
- a large number of contraindications.
If a person cannot afford to pay more than $ 68 – $ 95. for temporary disposal of unwanted vegetation or overly cares about his state of health, he is advised to make a choice in favor of home methods for removing facial hairs.
Sessions to create beauty at home are often necessary, but they practically do not require costs (financial and physical).
Facial Hair Masks
On the shelves of stores engaged in the sale of modern cosmetics, you can find a large number of masks of famous brands to remove facial hair. Their price range varies from $ 3 – $ 54.
In order not to waste money, professional cosmetologists recommend that women, before buying an advertised product, try on themselves home remedies, the composition of which is as natural and simple as possible:
|Facial Hair Removal Mask||The technique of its preparation|
|Honey Lemon Mask||1. 4 large tablespoons of honey put in a shallow plate and mix with 2 large tablespoons of lemon juice.
2. Stir well and let it brew for 20 minutes.
3. Moisten a cotton pad in the resulting product and usd heavily on areas of skin with unwanted vegetation.
4. Soak for 10 minutes, and then rinse your face with running water at room temperature.
Perform the above manipulations should be 2-3 times a week, preparing a fresh solution for each procedure.
|Egg-corn mask||1. Put in a deep bowl tablespoon of cornmeal, 10 g of sugar and 1 egg.
2. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients and let the product “infuse” until it acquires an adhesive viscous consistency.
3. Apply the mask to the face (completely) and wait for it to dry completely.
4. Remove the film from the face with running water at room temperature.
To achieve maximum effect, it is recommended to apply the product on the face at least 3 times a week.
|Oat and lemon remedy||1. Put in a plate tablespoon of oatmeal and 8 drops of lemon juice.
2. Stir until a porridge-like consistency is formed.
3. Apply the product to areas with a high amount of unwanted vegetation and leave for 20 minutes.
4. Rinse off the mask with cool water, avoiding subsequent wiping your face with a towel.
This home remedy is not suitable for frequent use. Optimal is the application of oat-lemon mask 1-2 times a week.
Plucking unwanted facial hair has been practiced for many decades. Despite the widespread use of such a procedure, modern cosmetologists recommend abandoning the traditional manipulations performed with tweezers.
The main disadvantages of this procedure are:
- high level of pain in the procedure;
- invasiveness (with improper grip of the hair with tweezers, a wound appears on the skin);
- the likelihood of contracting an infectious disease (for example, when using a non-sterile instrument or in the absence of timely measures to disinfect the skin after the formation of a wound);
- an increase in the thickness of the hairs appearing after the procedure, as well as a change in their color to darker.
Along with a number of disadvantages, supporters of the conservative method of removing hair from the face note the advantages of the process under consideration.
The positive aspects include:
- the speed of getting rid of vegetation;
- simplicity of the procedure;
- low cost;
- lack of direct contraindications for plucking hair.
A modern, safer analogue of the traditional plucking of hairs with tweezers is the removal of vegetation by thread.
The algorithm of the procedure involves the implementation of the main steps:
- Cleanse the skin with a lotion or tonic, the composition of which does not include oil components.
- Steam the area of the skin to be removed from the unwanted hair.
- Blot the skin with a paper towel, thus ridding it of excess moisture.
- Tie the ends of 2 threads together and take them in your hands so that a figure forms between the fingers holding the “tool”.
- At the same time, spread your fingers on one hand and squeeze on the other.
- Repeat step 5 as many times as necessary until the unwanted hairs completely disappear.
- Apply a soothing gel to the skin in a thin layer.
To get rid of facial hair (permanently reduce the rapidity of their growth) can help high-quality depilation cream. Such a cosmetic product should have a mild effect and hypoallergenic components in the composition. Otherwise, frequent use of the cream can lead to the formation of small acne in the area of hair removal, as well as excessive dryness of the skin.
The principle of using funds for depilation is as simple as possible:
- Using a special spatula, apply a creamy substance to the area of the face with unwanted vegetation and evenly distribute it on the skin.
- Maintain the composition on the face for 10-20 minutes, depending on the brand of a particular product (the duration of the cream on the face is determined by the manufacturer’s recommendations).
- Using a spatula, remove the cream from the skin against the direction of hair growth.
- Wash off the rest of the product when washing with running water at room temperature.
- Apply a soothing gel to the treated skin area with anti-inflammatory extracts in the composition, for example, chamomile (usually comes with the product and involves the use after each depilation procedure at home).
Depilation cream, provided that there are no contraindications, can be used without restrictions as needed. It is important to keep in mind that the longer the unwanted hairs, the faster and better they will remove the product.
To remove facial hair with an epilator, you must use a special nozzle or device designed exclusively for the delicate removal of unwanted hairs. Most of these devices can be used in 2 modes: dry (use under normal conditions on dry skin) and wet (use in the shower).
So that a woman has the opportunity to get rid of unwanted vegetation, the manufacturer offers her to use different nozzles, depending on the skin area being treated (for example, a nozzle for removing hair above the upper lip or a nozzle for cutting whiskers).
The main advantages of this type of skin smoothing procedure are:
- the possibility of widespread removal of unwanted vegetation (including in the nose);
- the ability to remove hair, regardless of their actual amount;
- minimal chance of skin irritation;
- long-term preservation of the result after the procedure (up to 3 weeks).
The only disadvantages of using an epilator are:
- a high degree of pain in the procedure;
- maintaining small swelling of the soft tissues after hair removal for 3-4 hours
To get rid of facial hair (forever impossible) at home is possible with the help of a mechanical spring-epilator. This is the simplest design widely used among Asian women.
Such a device has come to Europe relatively recently and so far causes a great amount of skepticism on the part of modern women. The principle of its operation is based on the removal of hairs due to their falling between the metal rods of the spring.
To completely get rid of unwanted hair with a manual epilator, you must:
- Bend the spring so that it forms a “U” shape.
- Having positioned the epilator so that the spring is directed towards the woman’s face, hold it against the hair growth against the skin.
- For best results, it is recommended to repeat step 2 from 7-10 times for one area of the skin.
Among the objective advantages of using a spring to create a smooth skin can be noted:
- high efficiency (up to 100% removal of unwanted vegetation on any part of the face);
- ease of use;
- the ability to carry out the procedure at home without outside help;
- compact design;
- low cost.
Wax, resin and shugaring
Natural hair removal is actively used by modern women who monitor their appearance.
Wax, resin and sugar paste, due to their sticky consistency, are able to capture the maximum number of unwanted hairs, removing them from the hair follicle with the root. This principle of creating smooth skin ensures the preservation of the effect for 3-4 weeks.
Regardless of the type of “paste” used, the procedure for removing unwanted vegetation involves the following basic steps:
- To cleanse the skin of the face, removing not only cosmetics, but also dirt.
- Degrease the skin (hypoallergenic talcum powder is usually used for this).
- Using a cosmetic spatula, apply an adhesive substance to a small area of the skin in the direction of hair growth (improper application of the product to remove vegetation can lead to the formation of ingrown hairs).
- Having previously put on gloves (so that the sticky mass does not stick to the fingers), remove the dried portion of the composition by pulling it with a sharp movement against the hair growth.
- At the end of the procedure, apply a soothing agent to the skin with a thin layer (usually with hypoallergenic components in the composition) and let it soak on its own.
After hair removal with wax, resin or sugar paste, it is undesirable to use decorative cosmetics for 12 hours. Otherwise, irritation may form on the skin, which manifests itself in the form of a large number of small colorless acne that tightens the skin.
You can get rid of hair in certain areas of the face with the help of pharmacy preparations. Forever change the condition of the skin can help funds, the composition of which includes antiseptic components that have a drying and disinfecting effect.
Their excessive use can lead to a burn of the skin, which is the basis for the method of suppressing the activity of hair follicles.
Among the preparations with aggressive chemical properties, cosmetologists distinguish:
- potassium permanganate;
- hydrogen peroxide;
- Rivanol solution and so on.
The most common “recipes” for hair growth are:
|Means||Way to create it|
|Iodine alcohol||1. Mix 1.5 g of iodine, 1 small tablespoon of ammonia, 35 g of ethyl alcohol and 1 small spoon of castor oil (smoothes chemical aggressiveness).
2. Apply the mixture to the area of increased amount of hair with a cotton pad.
3. Leave for 10 minutes, after which the remnants of the product should be washed off with running water at room temperature.
|Potassium permanganate||Apply a highly concentrated solution of potassium permanganate to the necessary area of the face, leave for 5 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with cool water. Exceeding the specified exposure time of the product on the skin leads to a change in its color to pink or purple.|
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
Folk remedies can help get rid of facial hair by permanently changing their structure. The components of such compositions are usually natural herbs and plant components that gently affect the hair follicle. For this reason, alternative methods to achieve smooth skin should be used regularly.
The most effective folk remedies are:
|Folk remedy for facial hair||Way to cook it|
|Walnut Shell Broth||1. Burn the shell of 50 g walnuts.
2. Grind the resulting ash to a minimum size and mix with 100 g of warm water.
3. Allow the product to infuse for 2-3 hours.
4. Dip a cotton pad into the composition and treat it abundantly with a large number of unwanted hairs.
5. Leave the folk remedy to dry for half an hour, then rinse it off with cool water.
|Cone broth||1. Put 20 medium-sized cones in a deep pan and pour 0,8 gallon of water.
2. Bring to a boil and boil the product on fire for 4-5 hours.
3. Separate the brown sediment from the main components and apply it on the face area, on which it is necessary to minimize the vegetation 4 times a week.
4. Leave the broth on the skin for 20-30 minutes, then rinse with cool water.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
Considering that the most effective hair removal procedures involve the presence of painful sensations, cosmetologists recommend pre-applying additional funds with anesthetic properties to the skin. In the vast majority of cases, painkillers are creams and gels for external use.
It is necessary to use them according to the generally accepted algorithm:
- Steam the skin with which to remove unwanted vegetation.
- Use paper towels to get rid of excess moisture.
- Apply a painkiller with massage movements in a dense layer.
- Cover the product with a piece of cling film (necessary to minimize the risk of water entering the treated area).
- Allow the drug to penetrate into the pores of the skin, leaving it on the surface for 40 – 90 minutes, depending on the brand of a particular product.
- Remove the bandage, remove the remnants of the anesthetic and treat the skin with a disinfectant without alcohol in the composition.
Cosmetic methods for facial hair removal
The most effective cosmetic methods for removing facial hair are:
- laser hair removal (targeted exposure to the hair pigment with a narrow beam of light);
- photoepilation (done through the use of lamps with a wide spectrum of action);
- electrolysis (destruction of part of the hair follicle using an electrode).
Despite the fact that the fact of a significant slowdown in hair growth and changes in their structure is proven in practice, professional procedures to achieve smoothness of the skin have a number of contraindications:
- lactation period;
- age up to 18 years (contraindication is associated with hormonal instability at this age);
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- hypertension 2 and 3 degrees;
- high blood sugar;
- infectious skin diseases;
To get rid of facial hair, regular cosmetic procedures should be carried out at home.
Despite the fact that it is impossible to permanently smooth the skin, it is possible to slow down the growth rate of unwanted hairs, as well as change their structure and color in different ways, the most suitable among which is necessary only after assessing the condition of the woman’s skin by a professional dermatologist.
Facial Hair Removal Video
How to remove the mustache on the face: