Modern methods of depilation and hair removal help permanently and safely get rid of unnecessary vegetation. A qualified beautician can tell you how to properly remove the hair on your hands, while not harming your health.
However, you can do depilation on your own without leaving your home. This will save a large amount of money. It is enough to know the basics and have the necessary tools in the arsenal.
- Why do hair grow on hands
- Hand Hair Removal Methods
- Chemical depilators
- Mechanical hair removal
- Medical removal
- Laser hair removal
- ELOS hair removal
- Folk methods
- Contraindications for hand hair removal
- Possible complications after hair removal on the hands
- Video on how to get rid of hand hair
Why do hair grow on hands
For human hair growth, the male hormone testosterone is responsible. That is why the stronger sex has more active vegetation throughout the body. In the female body, this hormone is also present, but not in such quantities as in men. This explains the weaker hair growth on the body. Most often, a large amount of hair on the hands of women depends on heredity.
In addition, there are a number of reasons that can affect the abundant growth of vegetation:
- Failures in the ovaries.
- Hormonal disorders associated with age (menopause, for example).
- Adrenal dysfunction.
- Thyroid disease.
A common cause of hair growth in the arms of women is pregnancy. If so, then abundant hair growth is a temporary phenomenon that will pass after childbirth within 2-3 months.
The period when a woman carries a child is characterized by a hormonal imbalance, which can affect many processes in a woman’s body. During puberty, most girls report increased hair growth.
Sometimes it can be accompanied with:
- Excessive sweating.
- The appearance of acne.
If the growth of hair on the arm began to increase, and the symptoms of hormonal failure appeared for no apparent reason, this may indicate obvious violations in the body.
These signals cannot be ignored, because they can be caused by:
- Diabetes mellitus.
In any case, if the growth of hair on the hands causes a lot of trouble, there are symptoms such as:
- Emotional swings.
- Menstrual cycle failure.
- A sharp jump in weight for no reason.
- Lack of sexual desire.
- Skin problems.
Then you need to visit the local doctor to pass the necessary tests. Any disease is easier to prevent than to treat it later. Increased growth on the hands can be caused by a serious malfunction in the body.
Hand Hair Removal Methods
How to get rid of hair on your hands, because they cause discomfort if their growth is not associated with any pathology – for this, methods of chemical, medical, folk and mechanical hair removal are suitable.
Chemical depilators are cosmetics. They help to remove hair almost painlessly. However, they do not remove the hair bulb, but only remove the vegetation on the surface of the skin. Because of this, the course of procedures with chemical depilators must be done permanently.
Hair after removal grows quickly, their follicles remain intact. But after this method of depilation, the vegetation does not coarsen, but becomes softer.
Chemical depilators are a painless way to remove hand hair. They are sold in any beauty salon.
There are a large number of their varieties:
- with and without additives to soothe the skin;
- for different skin types.
In the package, in addition to depilatory cream, there are usually:
- plastic spatula for removing cream after the procedure;
- sachet bag with cream for application after the procedure.
The procedure is done according to the following algorithm:
- They cleanse (without the help of products containing alkali) and disinfect the skin.
- Apply depilation cream to the skin.
- Withstand the time specified in the instructions.
- Using a spatula, which was attached to the package, remove the cream with hair.
- Wash off the remaining cream from the skin with a swab dipped in a decoction of herbs or just in water.
The method of hair removal using a cream is budgetary and will not require special skill. Packaging with the product costs $ 3-4 on average.
Hair Removal Using Regular Dyeing
This method is quite specific because of its mode of implementation. For the procedure, you need any brightening paint with a high content of hydrogen peroxide: the more the better. Due to its concentration, the hair just burns. Vegetation on the hands is much more tender than on the head, for which ordinary paint is intended.
Depilation with hair dye is done according to the following plan:
- The skin on the hands is disinfected.
- Make the paint in accordance with the instructions attached to it.
- Apply with a brush to the depilated area of the skin.
- For a greater effect, the hand is wrapped with cling film, and on top with something warm.
- They withstand the amount of time indicated on the package with the paint, plus 10 minutes additionally, so that the hair burns out under the influence of chemicals.
- Wash off the paint and burnt hair with plenty of warm water.
This procedure is quite controversial. Some women note its effectiveness, assuring that hair ceases to grow at all. In others, the vegetation continues to appear 8-9 days after the procedure, because of which it has to be repeated again and again. The cost of this method is quite low. Packaging hair dye on average costs $ 3-4.
Mechanical hair removal
How to get rid of hair on your hands using mechanical methods of removal (these are quite simple, albeit painful procedures), it is possible using 3 methods that allow you to get rid of unwanted vegetation on your hands.
Removal with tweezers
Using tweezers is quite simple. It is enough to pluck out unwanted hairs to achieve the desired result. This method relates to home methods of removing vegetation, so almost any woman can independently perform the depilation procedure.
The disadvantages of this method are its low efficiency and increased pain. In addition, the removal will take a large amount of time.
Epilator Hair Removal
Epilator is a small battery-powered device that allows you to remove unwanted hair with a bulb.
Using this tool is quite simple:
- The skin of the hands is cleansed.
- With the appliance turned on, the hair is removed against and growth.
- Apply a calming lotion.
The mechanism of the epilator does not differ in anything intricate. Inside his head is a drum with villi. In the on mode, it starts spinning, grabbing and pulling out hairs. The method of thi
s type of hair removal is convenient and quite effective.
However, it does not allow you to permanently get rid of unwanted hair on your hands. The procedure should be carried out regularly with an interval of 2-3 weeks. You can buy an epilator in an electronic store. The average cost starts at $ 20.
Using a razor
The easiest depilation method, which does not require large expenditures and efforts, is hair removal using a razor. This method is the most common among other types of depilation. A sharp blade in a razor cuts the hair under the very root, while leaving its bulb. The procedure must be performed regularly – 1 time in 4-5 days.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Cracks in the fingers – causes and treatment of the skin with folk remedies, ointments, masks and preparations. Photo.
How to get rid of hair on hands for a long time and without health consequences, without using a razor – this is to use medical methods of hair removal. Hair removal in such ways is carried out only by qualified workers who have the appropriate education.
Laser hair removal
Laser hair removal works according to the following principle:
- The laser is directed to the skin area.
- The beam hits the hair follicles.
- The hair follicle is destroyed, unable to withstand overheating from the laser.
The process of hair removal is as follows:
- The patient and the employee who will carry out the procedure are wearing safety glasses. They allow you to protect the retina from laser beams and avoid burns to the cornea.
- Laser start hair removal. Short flashes, like a flash from the camera, achieve the desired result.
This hair removal procedure is safe. However, for 1 session it will not work to get rid of the hairline. The course of laser hair removal can be up to 10 sessions. In people with fair skin and whitish hair, it can be 7-8 times. The cost of laser hair removal services starts at $ 20.
The benefits will be:
- No damage to the skin in the form of infection, the appearance of scars.
- Virtually no pain.
- Hair each time becomes softer, weaker, and then completely degenerates.
The main disadvantage of this type of hair removal is the high cost of the sessions. In total, you need to pay an average of more than $ 200 for a full course of hair removal.
Electrolysis allows you to remove hair by exposure to a small power discharge of electric current. For this procedure, an electroepilator is used, which can operate in several modes to adjust the power. A current discharge passes through a small needle, and through it to the hair follicle, which is destroyed.
The procedure allows you to remove any hair: thick, thin, light or black. The disadvantage of electrolysis is the time spent on the procedure. Hair is removed individually, and therefore it is not always possible to clean at least 1 hand in 1 session. The full course is 4 sessions.
Advantages of electrolysis:
- Hair will forever lose its ability to regenerate.
- This type of hair removal is suitable for any type of skin.
- With the help of electric current, hair of various structure is removed.
The procedure is carried out only by qualified workers. The price for electrolysis depends on the number of minutes per 1 session. The average cost of 1 minute is $ 0,48.
ELOS hair removal
This method of hair removal allows you to get rid of them forever. Hair removal technology involves the use of 2 energies: light and electricity. Thanks to this, hair of any structure will be removed.
During the procedure, the patient does not experience pain. There is only a slight heat in the hair removal area. The full course includes 10 sessions with a break between each of 2 months.
The procedure is carried out according to the following principle:
- 2 days before hair removal, they are shaved to 3/32 inch.
- Before the session, the skin is treated and disinfected.
- Patient and beautician wear safety glasses.
- At a certain distance from the skin, a hair removal device is placed.
- After graduation, a calming lotion is applied to the skin.
The cost of one session starts from $ 109.
Photoepilation is a medical type of hair removal. The procedure requires appropriate education and qualifications of the employee. There are 2 ways to photoepilation.
Which are used most often:
The first option is a budget alternative to the laser. For photoepilation, broadband lamps are used that can give strong pulsed light. The range of emitted waves includes UV rays that are not too safe for human health. To protect the skin as much as possible, the equipment is equipped with protective filters made of special glass.
Algorithm 1 photoepilation session:
- Patient and worker wear safety glasses.
- The skin area for hair removal is treated with a cooling gel to avoid burns and to prevent pain.
- If the skin is sensitive, then the anesthetic is applied one and a half hours before the procedure.
- The device is adjusted to the individual needs of the patient.
- Slowly hold the device over the skin. With a certain frequency, flashes of light appear from it, which destroy the hair along with its bulb.
- After hair removal, a special soothing aerosol or cream is applied to the skin.
It should be borne in mind that hair even after the procedure can remain on your hands. But they will already be inanimate. Within 2-3 weeks, they themselves will fall out, and will not grow more for 1 month. A full course of photoepilation consists of an average of 7 sessions. The cost of 1 visit can reach $ 122.
How to get rid of hand hair effectively without spending a lot of money – bioepilation can be used for this.
This method of hair removal is carried out using sugar paste. This method of hair removal originated in ancient Egypt. At that time, excess vegetation was removed using thick honey. Currently, this method has been adapted to modern realities, and therefore the cosmetic product with which the procedure is done has silently changed its composition.
Sugar paste for shugaring consists of:
- citric acid;
- various additives.
You can buy it in a cosmetic store, cook it yourself or go for a shu
garing in a beauty salon.
The removal procedure is carried out according to the following principle:
- Degrease and disinfect the skin area where hair removal will be performed.
- Powder or talcum powder is applied. It can be used both conventional and with calming additives.
- A small piece of sugar paste is applied to the hair against their growth. This action can be repeated several times, as if rolling hair into a paste.
- With a spatula or 4 fingers, with a sharp movement, the paste along with the hair is pulled out according to the hair growth.
- The remaining sugar paste is removed with a special lotion and a sedative is applied.
Shugaring needs to be done constantly. Over time, the hair fuliculi degenerate, and the growing hair becomes weak, thin and lighter. The average interval between hair removal sessions is 3-4 weeks.
Prices for shugaring in beauty salons vary. The average price is $ 3-4. If you do hair removal at home, it will be much cheaper. In addition, sugar paste can be made independently. The only thing that can cause difficulty is the lack of skill when removing hair. Movements must be precise and sharp. Few can endure pain and epilate on their own.
How to get rid of hair on hands – in addition to sugar paste, waxing will help.
The procedure for removing vegetation with wax has the same algorithm of action as shugarnig, except for a few points:
- Degreasing and disinfection of the skin area where hair removal will be performed.
- Powder or talcum powder.
- Application of wax for hair growth.
- A strip for depilation is applied to the wax.
- With the help of a hand movement, the strip needs to be firmly glued to the wax.
- With a sharp movement, the strip is torn off against hair growth.
- Residues of wax are removed using lotion or regular olive oil.
Wax is a natural product that practically does not cause allergies and irritations. The procedure can be performed in a beauty salon or on your own. If you do it at home, you need to consider the following.
Wax can be purchased in 2 versions:
- Ready strips for depilation with wax applied to them. It is enough to usd them between the palms, apply to the skin and remove hair. Such packaging is inexpensive. Prices start at $ 1.5 and depend on its contents. Inside may be a sachet with cream to soothe the skin or lotion.
- Buy wax wax, strips for depilation (ordinary cotton pieces of hard tissue), cartridge with wax. These items belong to the professional type of hair removal, which is used in beauty salons. Despite this, the hair removal process is quite simple. A wax cartridge is inserted into the wax. In this appliance, the wax is heated to a certain temperature. Then it is enough to apply it on the hair, apply a strip on top and remove the vegetation. A complete set for hair removal will cost $ 20.
Waxing is an effective tool that will help remove unwanted hair. The procedure must be done regularly. The interval between sessions is 3-4 weeks.
Folk methods of hair removal are quite simple. However, they are not as effective as the methods described above.
Below are the most popular recipes for the preparation of cosmetic products for hair removal:
- The onion mixture of 1 head and 15 basil leaves is ground until gruel is formed. The resulting mass is applied to the skin and left for 30 minutes. After that, it is washed off with warm water. The number of sessions is 15. Completely the hair disappears after 6 months.
- Datura tincture (an ordinary bottle of 12 g weights is sold in pharmacies) is mixed with 6,76 fluid ounce of water. The resulting liquid is applied to the skin with a cotton swab. The procedure should be done regularly, whenever possible.
- A solution of potassium permanganate in a small amount is diluted in warm water in a large container (so that the hands fit in it). Hands should be lowered into the liquid and held in this position for 30 minutes. Procedures are done daily for 1 month.
You can permanently remove hair using the following product, which consists of the same ingredients as:
- Ammonium: 15 drops.
- 8 drops of iodine.
- 1 teaspoons castor oil.
- 2 tablespoon ethyl alcohol.
All ingredients must be mixed until a homogeneous consistency is obtained. In this state, you need to give time to infuse. It is necessary to withstand until the liquid turns pale. Then it is applied to a flap of gauze, which is then applied to a patch of skin. Repeat this procedure 2 times a day for 1 week.
Contraindications for hand hair removal
Any form of depilation has a number of contraindications. Therefore, before choosing one of them, you need to carefully study them in order to avoid complications after the procedure.
There are a number of general contraindications characteristic of all types of hand hair removal:
- Infectious skin diseases.
- Neoplasms in the field of depilation.
- Damage or open wounds on the skin where the hair removal procedure will be performed.
- Pregnancy in the first trimester.
- The active phase of the manifestation of allergies.
- Reception of vitamins of group A.
Contraindications to hair removal for each of the methods:
|Hair removal method||Contraindications|
|Chemical depilation||Kidney disease, pregnancy and lactation.|
|Photoepilation||Chronic skin diseases, as well as their course in the acute stage. ARVI, diabetes mellitus, photodermatosis, the period of taking antidepressants, diuretics and anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as tranquilizers. Heart disease, a predisposition to the appearance of keloid scars.|
|Mechanical tools (razor, tweezers)||Pregnancy, increased skin irritability, allergies in the acute stage, the presence of wounds on the skin, convex moles and papillomas.|
|Epilator removal||Thrombosis and varicose veins. Pregnancy. Diseases of the skin and its damage.|
|Laser hair removal||Taking the following drugs: antibiotics, cardiovascular, antiviral, antidepressants, hormones. Porphyria, photodermatosis, light polymorphic rash. Tanned skin in the area of the procedure|
|Electrolysis||Electronic cardiac and brain stimulants. The presence of metal implants in the joints. Pregnancy. Neoplasms of any kind. Tattoo on the hands. Vitiligo or melanosis.|
|Bioepilation||The presence of diseases of the cardiovascular system, which involve taking drugs that thin the blood.
Pregnancy in the 3rd trimester.
Poor blood coagulation.
|ELOS hair removal||Tattoo in the area of hair removal,
Lactation and pregnancy, light allergy, cancer.
|Folk ways||Allergy and intolerance to any of the components included in the folk remedy for depilation. Open wounds, burns and skin diseases.|
In the presence of any chronic disease, it is worth visiting a local therapist to make sure there are no contraindications to such types of depilation as: photoepilation, electroepilation and laser hair removal.
Possible complications after hair removal on the hands
The process of hair removal is quite stressful for the skin. If this procedure is done incorrectly and with violations, this can have rather unpleasant consequences.
Photoepilation and laser hair removal can have the following complications:
- Skin pigmentation.
- The appearance of edema.
- Peeling and redness of the skin.
- Allergic skin irritation.
- Expansion of blood vessels and capillaries.
In addition to the above complications, laser removal can have consequences such as:
- The formation of acne and black spots in places of hair removal.
Chemical and folk remedies can lead to:
- The occurrence of allergies.
- Skin burns.
- The occurrence of irritation and itching.
If the bioepilation methods are used incorrectly, the consequences will be as follows:
- Ingrown hair.
- Burn from improper material temperature.
Improper electrolysis will lead to complications such as:
- The appearance of crusts on the skin, which then pass, but scars remain (this is possible during the procedure for people with very fair and delicate skin).
- Infectious diseases due to non-sterility of the instrument.
The epilator and the razor can cause an inflammatory process due to damage to the upper layer of the epidermis and a rash on the skin. Hand hair removal requires extra care. How to get rid of them correctly and without consequences will be prompted by a qualified cosmetologist with a medical education. It can also help in the selection of an individual method of hair removal.
Video on how to get rid of hand hair
We remove the hair on the hands, the fight: