The skin on the hands is cracking for many reasons – external and internal. Treatment should be comprehensive. It is necessary to eliminate not only the consequences (cracks themselves), but also the etiology. It is possible to do this with both medicinal and folk remedies.
- What diseases cause cracks
- Vitamin deficiency
- External factors
- Why does the skin crack near nails
- Proper nutrition
- When will folk remedies help
- How to treat if the skin is cracked to blood
- What oils to use
- Propolis Ointment
- Curd Ointment
- Nutria based ointment
- Goose Fat Ointment
- Flaxseed hand bath
- Ylang-ylang oil bath
- Bath with starch
- Tray with glycerin and ammonia
- Bath with vitamins
- Mask of lilac oil
- Mask of honey and sea buckthorn oil
- Egg Yolk Honey Mask
- Coffee grounds mask
- Apple mask
- Oatmeal mask
- Mask of banana, sea buckthorn oil and honey
- Mask of raw potatoes and milk
- Bread mask
- Calendula decoction compress
- Boiled potato compress
- Herbal Natural Cream
- Treatment of chapped skin in a child
What diseases cause cracks
According to doctors, most often excessive dryness and cracks in the skin occur due to such ailments.
It is provoked by chlamydia, one of the manifestations is hyperkeratosis of the palms. There is a withering of the affected areas and their subsequent cracking.
In some cases, in the chronic course of the disease, the flaky areas of the skin on the hands crack, causing a painful feeling of itching and burning.
More childhood than adult disease. It occurs due to ingestion of an allergen. With systematic combing, the affected area does not heal, gets wet and forms a deep crack.
Inherited disease. It is characterized by increased keratinization of the skin. As a result, the skin begins to crack.
One of the symptoms of diabetes is severe dry skin and cracking due to malnutrition of the skin.
Failures in the functioning of the thyroid gland.
With insufficient production of hormones or a complete cessation of their synthesis, the metabolic mechanisms in the epidermal cells cease. It is dehydrated, which leads to cracks.
It is characterized by a decrease in fluid production by various glands, including sweat glands. The skin does not moisturize naturally, and this leads to dry cracks in the finger area.
On the affected areas between the fingers, on the palms or hands, crusts form, which crack, many small shallow cracks appear.
Cracks in the hands can be triggered by fungal bacteria. They destroy the epidermis, making it more vulnerable. Constant itching and scratching lead to cracking.
If the skin on the hands is cracked, the causes and treatment are in the volumes of vitamins entering the body.
For the normal functioning of the epidermis, the following trace elements are necessary:
- Retinol . Vitamin “youth” supports the skin in good shape.
- Tocopherol . It takes a direct part in the processes of cell regeneration and nutrition.
- Vitamin C. Saturates the skin with oxygen, so it gallon “shines” with health.
- Biotin . Helps the proper functioning of skin cells due to the presence of sulfur in the composition.
- Nicotinamide . Participates in metabolic processes, regulates the production of sebum.
- Riboflavin , nicotinic acid, pyridoxine. Controls the process of skin renewal at the cellular level. Promotes elasticity of the epidermis.
- Pantothenic acid . Strengthens the barrier function of the skin, is involved in the recovery processes at the cellular level.
- Selenium . Helps the skin to be less susceptible to ultraviolet radiation.
- Copper . Gives the dermis the necessary elasticity.
- Zinc . It is a regulator of sebum production.
If the skin on the hands crack, the causes and treatment are closely dependent on each other. There are several external reasons for the appearance of cracks in the hands:
- insufficient or improper skin care;
- skin injury with household chemicals;
- significant temperature fluctuations, especially the cold affects the skin of the hands;
- mechanical impact.
Why does the skin crack near nails
In addition to external factors, there are also internal ones.
- Avitaminosis. A lack of essential vitamins leads to a general deterioration of the skin. It dries and cracks.
- Skin diseases of both an infectious and non-infectious nature.
- Pathologies of internal organs or organ systems. For example, digestive, hormonal or neurological malfunctions.
Many processes in the body depend on the foods consumed. A balanced, healthy diet can significantly reduce the likelihood of cracking of the skin of the hands.
To improve the condition of the skin in the diet must be present:
- Chicken eggs – as a source of vitamins A, E, C, group B and minerals selenium, zinc, necessary for the body.
- Cereals – buckwheat, corn, oat, wheat. They are rich in iron, zinc, selenium, vitamins B 1 , B 5 , B 6 , E, C.
- Vegetables, greens. They are useful not only because of the content of necessary trace elements in them, but also because of their beneficial effect on the digestive tract.
- Dairy and fermented milk products – contain vitamins A, E, C, group B, so necessary for the skin.
- Fruits – Bananas (B 6 ); apples, pears, citruses (B 1 , C); raspberries, blueberries (zinc) and others.
- Nuts are considered to be a multivitamin food product.
- Fish and seafood are rich in selenium, pyridoxine, riboflavin.
- Meat, liver and other animal products contain the necessary skin cobalamin, nicotinic acid, pyridoxine, tocopherol, thiamine and others.
Nutritionists recall that after the thermal processing of products, a significant amount of the useful trace elements found in them are destroyed.
Therefore, fresh foods must be present in the diet.
The key to soft and smooth skin is also proper care.
It consists in the following recommendations:
- When washing hands, the water should be
at room temperature or slightly warmer. Too hot or cold water negatively affects the epidermis, which causes redness, dryness. After washing, wipe hands dry – this minimizes the risk of burrs.
- A cleanser should be used with a neutral pH. If possible, it should contain glycerin, vitamin E or other caring ingredients.
- Any homework should be done with rubber gloves. This is necessary so that the chemically active substances of detergents can not affect the skin cells, slowly destroying them. Also, do not contact the water for a long time. It rinses off a thin natural protective layer of sebum, which additionally dries the skin.
- Daily use of moisturizing and nourishing creams will help her look good and be healthy.
Dermatologists recommend the use of masks, baths, compresses as preventive measures. Due to this, the skin will recover faster and be less injured. Massages or hand exercises are also recommended.
When will folk remedies help
It is possible to treat cracks in the hands with the help of folk remedies and methods. They are very effective. It is important what are the causes of cracking.
If the skin cracked due to damage by a fungus, with a hormonal disorder or other pathology of the internal organs, then a doctor should be consulted. Such cracks must be treated with medication.
If cracks formed due to external factors, then contacting a specialist is optional. Their independent treatment with folk compositions will give an excellent result.
How to treat if the skin is cracked to blood
Treat skin on the hands, which is cracked to blood, should be careful not to harm even more. The wound should close. For this reason, it is advisable to first seal the cracks with a special adhesive.
It is sold in a pharmacy and is called Clay BF-6. It is absolutely safe.
After the wounds have healed, you can start supporting procedures.
Special formulations, which are applied as masks to hands or nourishing creams, remove the remaining traces of healed cracks, and also eliminate excessive dryness of the skin.
The most effective is the veterinary cream “Dawn”. Dermatologists recommend it to patients with psoriasis, eczema.
A cream with a similar composition is also available in a regular pharmacy. It is called “The Power of the Forest”, there is no aviation kerosene in the composition (it is in the “Zorka”) and it costs 8 times more.
What oils to use
The cause of excessive dryness of the skin on the hands may be a genetic predisposition. It is necessary to treat such cracks not only by using vitamins and oils inside, but also by applying them directly to the skin. The most effective are:
- Olive oil. It has a good moisturizing effect, can be added to cosmetics.
- Coconut oil. Suitable for thin dry skin. It can be used both in pure form and added to creams and lotions. Suitable for the role of “transport” oil.
- Shea butter is effective in severely coarsening the epidermis. It has a tonic, leveling, anti-aging effect. Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Argan oil is famous for its versatility. Suitable for all skin types, increases its elasticity, firmness. Ideal as a massage tool.
- Sandalwood oil has a healing effect. It has strong antiseptic and regenerative properties. Due to this, the healing of cracks will be carried out with maximum comfort, without itching and inflammation.
Propolis has a restorative, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and disinfecting effect. Just what cracked skin needs.
The simplest recipe is to heat in a water bath 20 g of purified propolis and 100 g of vegetable oil. The mixture is stirred for 30-40 minutes, until the ingredients are completely dissolved and mixed. The resulting ointment is filtered, cooled, and it is ready for use.
It must be stored in the refrigerator, in a dark container. Use daily in the presence of skin problems or several times a week, as a preventive measure for excessive dryness.
Curd ointment promotes accelerated renewal of the upper layer of the epidermis, while enriching the skin with vitamins. It is prepared as follows:
- A few spoons of cottage cheese are ground into a paste.
- Add 1 teaspoons. olive, sea buckthorn oils. Mix thoroughly.
- A few capsules of vitamins A and E are introduced into the mixture.
The ointment is applied daily, rubbed into the skin with massage movements. Cotton gloves are put on over for several hours. Residues are washed off with warm water.
Nutria based ointment
Interior lard has long been used as an effective tool in the treatment of skin diseases. Due to its rich vitamin and mineral composition, it has regenerative, anti-inflammatory, moisturizing properties.
The nutria fat is twisted in a meat grinder and melted over a small fire until completely transparent. Then it is filtered and cooled. Keep it in the refrigerator. Use the product as needed.
Goose Fat Ointment
Goose fat effectively heals small wounds, including cracks. It softens the skin, preventing further cracking. The ointment is prepared as follows:
- In goose fat, melted in a water bath, the ground root of the soapwort grass is added in a ratio of 3: 1.
- Stew on low heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Then cool, and the ointment is ready for use.
- It should be stored in the refrigerator.
- Used daily after therapeutic compresses or baths.
Flaxseed hand bath
150 g of flax seeds are brought to a boil in 25,36 fluid ounce of water. Hands hold this broth for at least 20 minutes, but no more than 35. Additionally, a rich infusion of chamomile is added to the linen bath to enhance the effect.
Baths must be done regularly, every second day.
And on your free day you need to make a mask or compress. After the mask, you must use a moisturizer or therapeutic ointment.
Ylang-ylang oil bath
Ylang-ylang essential oil is active in composition, therefore it should be used in a diluted form with another oil. To prepare the bath, you need to mix 1 tablespoon. any cosmetic oil (preferably apricot or sea buckthorn), 4 drops of ylang-ylang oil and 1 tablespoon. sea salt.
20,29 fluid ounce of almost hot water are added to the composition, mix thoroughly until completely dissolved and lower your hands there for 8-12 minutes. Then they are wrapped in a warm towel, and hold the compress for another 15-20 minutes. Wipe your hands dry and apply a moisturizer. Make a bath no more than 3 times a week.
Bath with starch
It is necessary to pour 5 g of starch into 10,14 fluid ounce of hot water, mix thoroughly, pour the mixture into warm water ( 13,53 fluid ounce) and lower your hands there for a quarter of an hour. Then you need to rinse your skin and moisturize it with cream. A bath is made several times a week in a course of 6-10 sessions.
Tray with glycerin and ammonia
With severe keratinization and many cracks in the epidermis, it is recommended to dilute 0,41 fluid ounce of glycerol and 0,24 fluid ounce of ammonia in 0,3 gallon of very warm water. Hands are dipped in the solution and hold on until the water cools completely.
The frequency of the event is several times a week until there is improvement.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Cracks in the fingers – causes and treatment of the skin with folk remedies, ointments, masks and preparations. Photo.
Bath with vitamins
Vitamin baths have a good regenerative effect. A few capsules of Tocopherol or Retinol are added to warm water. They can be purchased at the pharmacy. The procedure is performed for about 12 minutes, after which the hands are smeared with ointment or cream. Baths are done over several weeks after 2 days on the third.
Mask of lilac oil
Lilac oil is able to restore the epidermis with minor injuries. That is why it is recommended as a mask against cracking on the fingers. It can be done independently by insisting lilac flowers in olive oil for a month. It can also be purchased at the store.
Terry essential oil of lilac from Pellesana is especially popular.
It is necessary to generously smear hands with oil and wrap them with a towel, sit quietly for half an hour, then remove the remaining oil with a napkin. The mask must be carried out once every 4 days.
Mask of honey and sea buckthorn oil
Effective mask for severely chapped skin. 3 tablespoon fresh honey mixed with 5 teaspoons sea buckthorn oil, after which the composition is applied to the cracks. Gloves are worn on top. The mask must be kept for at least half an hour. The procedure is repeated after 3 days.
Egg Yolk Honey Mask
Egg yolk is added to a small amount of fresh honey (2-3 tablespoons). The mixture is applied to the hands, and plastic gloves or bags are put on top. Mask holding time – 15 minutes.
At its end, the hands are rinsed with warm water and smeared with a greasy cream. It is recommended to make a mask up to 3 times a week until the proper effect is obtained.
Coffee grounds mask
The coffee grounds mask has a light scrubbing effect, especially if you use finely ground coffee. It not only stimulates regeneration processes, but also eliminates dead cells from the epidermis.
Coffee grounds are applied to clean, moist hands with light circular motions and left for 7-8 minutes. Then the skin is washed with cool water and generously smeared with cream. The mask can be used once a week.
Apple-based masks are renowned for their versatility. By choosing a sour apple variety, you can heal problematic skin on your hands. For dry and sensitive skin, preference should be given to sweet varieties. The composition of the mask is as follows:
- Grated apple – 150 g
- Chicken egg yolk – 1 pc.
- Olive oil – 0,2 – 0,2 fluid ounce.
- Honey – 0,27 fluid ounce (optional).
The mixture is applied to the hands, wrapped in polyethylene for 20 minutes. You can wrap it up. Masks do with an interval of 2-3 days.
Brewed oatmeal has a moisturizing, soothing effect. For dry and chapped skin, the following mask is suitable:
- Oatmeal – 5-8 g
- Fresh honey – 0,1 – 0,2 fluid ounce.
- Vitamin A – 2-3 capsules.
- Fish oil – 1-2 capsules.
Oatmeal is poured with boiling water and left for 10 minutes until complete swelling. Then the remaining ingredients are added to it, mixed. Apply on hands for 25-30 minutes.
After the composition is washed off with warm water, and the skin is moisturized. Such masks need to be done several times a week for a month.
Mask of banana, sea buckthorn oil and honey
Such a mask softens and simultaneously strengthens the skin, restoring it at the cellular level. To prepare the composition you need: 1 ripe banana, 0,2 – 0,3 fluid ounce of fresh, liquid honey, 2 teaspoons. sea buckthorn oil.
Everything is thoroughly mixed and applied to
the hands. Cotton gloves are put on over and the mask lasts about an hour. It is allowed to conduct it no more than 3 times a week.
Mask of raw potatoes and milk
The main effect of raw potatoes is to reduce the inflammatory process. In tandem with milk, a significant softening of the skin occurs, which is especially true with excessive dryness and keratinization.
Several potatoes are peeled and grated. Add a glass of warm milk. Dip your hands in the mixture and hold for at least 15 minutes or lay the mixture on your hands and put on plastic gloves. At the end of the procedure, the hands are rinsed with water and moisturized with cream.
Pour the bread crumb with hot milk and grind until smooth. The mixture is applied to clean hands under gloves for 40 minutes. The mask is quite nutritious and rejuvenating.
Calendula decoction compress
It is necessary to prepare a decoction of calendula flowers in a ratio of 1: 2 and let it brew for 2 hours. Then they heat it, moisten a towel and wrap their hands in it for a quarter of an hour. After the compress, the skin is additionally moisturized. It is recommended to perform the procedure 2 times a week.
Calendula has a strong bactericidal effect, it can also be used for infectious skin diseases.
Boiled potato compress
Boiled potatoes soften the skin and cracks, facilitating the healing period, and also relieves inflammation. Mashed potatoes are made from several boiled potatoes by adding olive oil to it. A thick layer is applied to the hands, put on plastic gloves and additionally wrap.
The compress must be kept until it cools completely. After the hands are rinsed with water and oiled. The frequency of the procedure is several times a week.
Herbal Natural Cream
Treatment of cracks in the hands with herbal creams is superior to other means due to the lack of chemical constituents. The skin is not only restored, but also heals.
Hand cream from Green Mama with vitamins and herbal extracts is as natural as possible.
It copes well with cracks of any etiology (except infectious), eliminates itching and inflammation.
Hand cream “Aravia” with coconut and mango oil contains extracts and extracts of various plants. Promotes regeneration, skin hydration. Enhances barrier function. Recognized by professionals in the field of cosmetology.
Cream “Levrana” with sea buckthorn for the hands is completely natural. Contains a whole list of components from beneficial skin plants. The cream promotes the healing of cracks, and the wax in the composition prevents their reappearance.
Treatment of chapped skin in a child
Cracks in the hands of a child – a reason to worry. The reason can be any and only after its identification carry out the necessary skin treatment. It can only be prescribed by a qualified doctor, self-medication is not worth it.
To maintain skin hydration, you can lubricate your hands with Bepanten ointment and bathe your baby in herbal baths every other day. They contribute to the rapid renewal of the skin and increase the degree of regeneration.
Folk remedies effectively eliminate cracks in the hands of children and adults. You only need to choose the appropriate tool and use it regularly.
Video about methods of treating cracks in the hands of folk remedies:
Video about effective methods of treating cracks in the hands near the nails: