The use of sparkles in eye makeup has become popular both in everyday life and for special occasions. Glitter can be applied to the eyes, lips, cheekbones, body, nails and hair.
- What are the sparkles for the eyes
- Eye Glitter Feature
- How to apply glitter on the upper eyelid
- How to apply sparkles under the eyes
- How to apply glitter on eyelashes
- How to fix glitter on eyes
- How to apply large sparkles on the eyes
- How to apply fine sparkles on the eyes
- Actual colors and application techniques
- How to use glitter for eyes in New Year’s makeup
- How to use glitter for eyes in wedding makeup
- How to use eye glitter in daily makeup
- Green Eye Glitter Makeup
- Makeup with glitter for blue eyes
- Makeup with glitter for brown-eyed girls
- Glitter makeup for gray eyes
- Top 3 best manufacturers: Nyx, Inglot, MAC
- Beauticians tips on using glitter to create unique eye makeup
- Video on how to apply glitter on the eyes
What are the sparkles for the eyes
You can add shimmer and shine to eye makeup using several means:
- Shimmer – particles of shimmering powder, have a soft and unobtrusive shine. The shimmer differs from other brilliant products in that it has the consistency of wet powder. Natural body shades are more common. Used by makeup artists to accentuate the face, smooth wrinkles and give radiance to the skin.
- Glitter is a friable spangle of various sizes and shapes. A distinctive feature of glitter in loose form and various-sized sparkles. In makeup, glitter can be used to create haze around the eyes, eyeliner, accent cheekbones and doll eyelashes.
- Difficult to use eye makeup – glitter liquid texture. It differs from others in its consistency and the need for drying. Use in makeup when resistance is needed.
- Helium sequins are like eyeliner. Differ from them in a more fluid texture. Spangles are small and resemble multi-colored glue. Suitable for women who have experience in drawing arrows and clear lines.
Eye Glitter Feature
Glitter – dry spangles, which are a crushed metallized polyethylene terephthalate multi-colored film. The shapes of the sequins are hexagon ( 0/32 – 1/32 inch), rhombus and strips (up to 5/32 inch).
The advantage of glitter is its resistance to water, chemical solvents and ultraviolet rays.
Glitter is contraindicated for women who use lenses, since if the sparkles get under the lens, the mucous membrane of the eye is severely injured.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
How to apply glitter on the upper eyelid
The rule of applying glitter to the eyes is to use a base, the role of which is performed by both shadows and a special bonding agent.
The technique of applying glitter on the upper eyelid involves the following:
- Degrease the surface of the eyelids.
- Apply base under makeup on the upper and lower eyelids. Allow 10 seconds to soak.
- Apply a dense base shadow with a flat brush.
- Glue patches on the lower eyelid. Gather a little glitter with a flat brush or applicator, shake off excess and apply to the upper eyelid in the direction from the inner corner of the eye to the outer.
- Fix with a spray.
It is recommended to use small and medium glitter in order to avoid discomfort and irritation.
How to apply sparkles under the eyes
To keep glitter better and not sprinkle, it is recommended to use a special base for glitter or oily lip gloss.
Technique for applying glitter on the lower eyelid:
- Degrease the surface of the eyelids. Apply glitter base to lower eyelid and makeup base to upper eyelid.
- Neutral beige or pale pink color on both ages with a flat brush.
- Soak the brush in sparkles and apply lightly patting along the eyelash growth line on the lower eyelid. Enlarge the area closer to the outer corner of the eye.
- Fix with a special spray.
How to apply glitter on eyelashes
To apply sparkles to the eyelashes, you must follow certain recommendations:
- Prepare your face for makeup. Cleanse skin, even out tone. Apply foundation and blush.
- Glue false eyelashes and make-up with special mascara used by theater actors.
- To ensure the safety of the brushes, grease them with petroleum jelly and dip in small spangles.
- Apply glitter with gentle patting movements to the entire surface of the eyelashes.
It is recommended to use special professional mascara to avoid sticking of eyelashes and shedding of sparkles.
How to fix glitter on eyes
How to apply glitter on the eyes – a lot of attention is paid to this issue with makeup with sparkles. However, it is also important to know how to fix them.
To prevent sprinkling of sparkles, you must use one of 4 methods:
- Use a foundation for makeup , it is advisable to choose a rich and bold texture. Suitable base from Yves Saint Laurent Beaute. She firmly glues glitter to the base layer.
- Use a special base for glitter . It is designed for all kinds of sparkles and provides iron resistance. Preference should be given to the brand NYX.
- Use cream shadows that can hold a layer of sparkles. If the spangles are large and heavy, then for reliable fixation, it is necessary to mix glitter with shadows in advance and distribute the finished shiny texture on the skin.
- Use spray retainer. After applying the shadows, the glitter can be sprayed several times with the Infaillible Fixing Mist spray from L’Oreal Paris and wait for it to dry completely.
How to apply large sparkles on the eyes
Large glitter is often used for photo shoots and evening events. It creates the uniqueness of the image. Large glitter must be attached to the skin using a special transparent glue for eyelashes. In order not to feel discomfort, so that the sparkles do not pour in, you should avoid getting them on the moving parts of the eyelid and use high-quality glue.
How to apply
fine sparkles on the eyes
The peculiarity of small sparkles in the eyes in the integrity of the image. The emphasis in this case is on the whole century, and not on certain details. If glitter with small particles must be applied for a couple of hours, then the eyelid must be greased with a greasy transparent lip balm. Top with a flat brush to apply glitter.
Professional make-up artists spray a fixing spray onto clean eyelids, brush glitter with light movements and fix with a spray again.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Actual colors and application techniques
Makeup trends in 2021 suggest using the entire palette of colors.
However, there are prevailing colors:
- emerald green;
- the black.
How to apply glitter on the eyes – there are several ways:
- With your fingers. Put patches under your eyes to protect your face from sparkles. Dip your finger in the sparkles, shake off the excess, then use glancing movements to apply glitter on the eyelids.
- Flat brush. Dampen the brush in makeup-fixing agent. Gather glitter with the tip, gently shake and apply glitter on the eyelids.
- Foam applicator. Dip the applicator into the sparkles, shake off the excess and lightly touch the eyelids.
How to use glitter for eyes in New Year’s makeup
To celebrate the new year, glitter colors for the eyes are suitable:
One of the makeup options for New Year’s Eve:
- Apply makeup base. Apply blue shadows to the entire upper eyelid.
- Black pencil draw a line along the growth of eyelashes.
- Apply a transparent glitter to the entire moving eyelid with a flat brush.
Glitter can also be applied to the outer corner of the eye. For this option, only large spangles are suitable, which are applied with tweezers on the eyelid and part on the cheekbones. You can focus on the lower eyelid, for which the shadow is applied not on the upper eyelid, but on the lower eyelid and with a thin brush draw a thin line of colorless glitter along the eyelash growth contour.
How to use glitter for eyes in wedding makeup
The image of a romantic and bohemian bride can be made using glitter. Wedding makeup with sparkles on the eyes or cheekbones is easy to repeat on your own.
The main point is to fix the sparkles so that they stay on all wedding day. This requires the use of a special base for glitter. This is presented by NYX Professional Makeup. On top of the sequins, for greater reliability, it is necessary to fix with a fixing spray.
The image of a gentle bride can be obtained using glitter:
- translucent white;
- pale blue.
If the wedding involves bright makeup, dress and details, then you can use bronze, copper and brown shades.
How to use eye glitter in daily makeup
Popular in 2021, everyday makeup involves arrows. They are suitable for women of any age with any face shape. It is simply important to choose the right angle and line thickness.
For this option, you will need:
- Apply base under makeup. Align the tone of the face. Apply blush, emphasize cheekbones.
- On the upper eyelid, apply a base under the glitter or sticky lip balm.
- Use a thin brush to draw the usual black or brown arrows.
- Take silver or gold glitter, mostly small. Type sparkles with a thin flat brush and add arrows with a thin line on top.
Everyday makeup also involves emphasis on:
Cheekbones can be distinguished using transparent or gold glitter. To do this, leave the dots on the highest point of the cheekbones with a flat brush and blend with your fingers towards the ears. This makeup involves the natural color of the eyes and lips.
Green Eye Glitter Makeup
The beauty of green eyes is emphasized by green, purple and gold tones. Warm shades will increase the depth of view. Black color, on the contrary, makes the eyes dull and empty. Sparkles must be chosen based on the rule: the dark color of the eyes requires a rich gamut of brilliant shadows.
Therefore, makeup with glitter for green eyes should meet the characteristics of each color:
- Dark green eyes suggest dark brown and graphite spangles. This option will be a great solution for evening makeup.
- The daily image involves honey, olive shades of glitter. When using only eyeliner, deep gold and swamp colors will give saturation to the eyes.
- Any shade is suitable for light green eyes. The color of the eyeliner should be lighter than the iris.
- Light green eyes emphasize light, delicate shades: pink, lilac, beige. Makeup should be natural.
Makeup with glitter for blue eyes
You can spoil the natural beauty of blue eyes with blue shadows and eyeliners, because in the end you get one blue spot. Brightness and expressiveness provide contrasting shades: red, orange or yellow. The problem is the inappropriateness of such flowers in everyday life.
Natural transparency and heavenly blue underline shades of pink, gray, gold, copper, brown. To achieve the desired effect, glitter is applied to the mov
ing eyelid without leaving the outer corner of the eye, or a thin line along the eyelash growth line.
Makeup with glitter for brown-eyed girls
Half the success of brilliant makeup for brown eyes lies in the proper design of eyebrows. The line should be clear, and the color of the eyebrows in harmony with the color of the hair and eyes.
How to apply glitter for brown eyes (shades):
- dark green;
Terracotta, orange sparkles can ruin the image. Light blue and green shades are recommended only for light brown eyes. The surefire way to emphasize brown eyes is to use a glitter eyeliner. For the everyday option, black glitter is suitable. The look is velvet.
For evening makeup, the image of oriental women is borrowed. It is necessary to apply gold glitter to the moving eyelid, to draw a long black arrow from the inner corner of the eye to the outer.
Glitter makeup for gray eyes
Gray eyes will become brighter if you apply glitter on them with cold colors, such as gray, blue.
Glitter color suitable for gray-eyed women:
Colors do not fit:
Their use gives the eyes a tearful, swollen look. It is also not recommended to use black eyeliner, it is better to give preference to bright blue, purple or graphite.
Gray eyes are universal in that they can acquire various shades:
- To give blueness to the upper eyelid, peach base matte shadows are applied, over which blue glitter with large sparkles is distributed with a flat brush.
- To give a green tint, it is enough to bring a small glitter along the eyelash growth line: pink, burgundy or plum color.
Top 3 best manufacturers: Nyx, Inglot, MAC
Nyx Glitter is a large, dry spangle. The tool requires a special base for glitter. Otherwise, the color of the sparkle will not hold, and the color will be dull.
- dark grey.
Inglot pigment is presented as a fine powder. The palette offers glitter with small and large sparkles. The lack of funds is flowability. It is recommended to apply with a foam applicator.
- light blue;
- bright red;
Glitter MAC is a sticky shine with mixed shimmers. The main color is saturated and dense. The manufacturer has the largest color palette in which there are 22 colors.
- dirty blue and white-blue;
- rich gold;
- 3D pink;
- red, dark red, warm red;
- flickering white;
- pink and white;
- turquoise, white and turquoise;
- 3D silver.
Beauticians tips on using glitter to create unique eye makeup
However, there are general rules developed by cosmetologists on the use of glitter in eye makeup:
- In order not to look vulgar and vulgar, you need to use sparkles only 1 time. In this case, in makeup. Iridescent outfit and accessories will make the look heavier.
- Glitter tint should match the shades of the main makeup.
- Use a binder for glitter and skin.
So the makeup will look fresh and neat. It is possible to apply glitter on eyes both for solemn, and for everyday occasions.
Video on how to apply glitter on the eyes
Create evening makeup with sparkles:
How to apply sparkles on the eyes: