To create an impressive look with an expressive look, quite often stylists recommend tinting eyebrows. This can be done with shadows and pencil, or with more radical methods: henna or paint.
- How to choose the perfect eyebrow color
- How to color blondes with light eyebrows
- How to choose the shape of eyebrows
- Eyebrow dyeing technology
- Preparation of eyebrows for painting
- How to color eyebrows yourself. Step-by-step instruction
- We color eyebrows with henna
- Color eyebrows with a pencil or marker
- Shade eyebrows
- We color eyebrows with special paint
- How to choose an eyebrow pencil
- How to choose eyebrow dye
- The technique of using pencil and shadow at the same time
- Are there any contraindications
- Care for colored eyebrows
- Expert Advice
- Video: how to color eyebrows with eyebrow shadows
How to choose the perfect eyebrow color
Eyebrows cannot be a separate element of the image. When choosing a shade, the color type of appearance should be taken into account: eyes, hair, skin color. Too light eyebrows make the face expressionless. Saturated darks have to be supplemented with bright lipstick and make-up.
There is a rule: eyebrows dye hair lighter by 2 tones. If the color of the hair changes, the eyebrow dye changes accordingly.
Eyebrow and eye makeup should be in the same color saturation.
How to color blondes with light eyebrows
Blondes are distinguished by a warm or cold tone of hair.
This tone sets the color of the eyebrows. The main shades in the palette:
- gray – universally suitable for all blondes. It is necessary to strive so that it does not have a faded shade.
- brown – from light to medium saturated tones.
If the blonde’s hair roots are darker, then an ideal option would be the color of the eyebrows a tone lighter than the roots. Complexion plays an important role. In summer, with tanned skin, a brown tint may be more saturated.
Dark-eyed blondes do not fit light eyebrows, the image is lost and the face becomes expressionless. Blondes with light eyes should avoid saturated dark shades.
How to choose the shape of eyebrows
The shape of the eyebrows depends on the type of face:
- The round face lacks clear lines. To such a face eyebrows fit “house”. The emphasis when staining is placed on the corner (the highest point of the eyebrow).
- The oval face is considered the standard of the correct form and all eyebrow options are suitable for it.
- There is a sufficient presence of angles in the square face, so the eyebrows are selected without an acute fracture of the eyebrows.
- Smooth arches of eyebrows perfectly suit a triangular face, they visually smooth corners.
- With an elongated face, it is important not to raise eyebrows. Horizontal eyebrow lines are ideal.
Eyebrow dyeing technology
Preparation of eyebrows for painting
Eyebrows and skin around them are cleansed with micellar water. For oily skin, a good option would be to additionally treat the eyebrows with a facial scrub. At the end of the treatment, alcohol-based antiseptics are disinfected.
Experts advise lubricating the skin around the eyebrows with oily cream to more easily remove excess paint. All tools are treated with a disinfector.
How to color eyebrows yourself. Step-by-step instruction
- After cleaning the eyebrow line, the desired contour is applied.
- The contour is applied at 3 points (with a white pencil, corrector, alcohol-based marker or powder pencil). The marker is easily washed off with micellar water, the dye freely passes through the powder pencil.
- The paint is bred immediately before painting according to the technology declared by the manufacturer.
- Begin to color from the second, highest point of the eyebrow. This is the darkest point. Gradually stretch to the end and the beginning.
- The composition is applied densely so that no hair can be seen behind the paint.
- The line should not be thin, it is necessary to paint over all the cannon hairs.
- Remove paint start from the first point.
- On two sides, symmetrically remove half a inch of paint a minute before washing off the entire eyebrow. This technique, as a result of staining, removes the sharply distinguished beginning of the eyebrows, giving them greater naturalness.
We color eyebrows with henna
To achieve the desired color, when painting eyebrows often have to mix henna in different shades.
Henna is a natural dye. It is diluted with boiling water, and with a special activator, sold in a set for eyebrows to the consistency of a liquid sauce.
When diluted, it has a green color, which darkens over time . To achieve the desired color, henna is applied in several layers. This is especially true if the eyebrows are thick and there is a lot of fluffy hair. Each subsequent layer is applied after the previous one has completely dried.
- The skin is cleansed with micellar water.
- Eyebrows are combed
- A thin, flat brush is applied to the first layer. When applying it, it is important to stain the skin evenly along the contour of the eyebrow.
- All errors in the henna application line are immediately removed with a cotton swab.
- The second layer serves to more fully stain the hairs. It is applied by point movements, enveloping each of them.
The effect of henna is manifested only in wet form. If staining is performed in one layer, after 7-10 minutes it is additionally moistened.
After complete drying, henna can be removed in two ways:
- Comb out with a stiff brush;
- Wet, wrung wipes are washed in the direction of hair growth;
As you know, natural henna stimulates hair growth well.
Color eyebrows with a pencil or marker
When applying a pencil or marker on the eyebrow line, the option of difficult to correct errors is eliminated. They are easily washed off. A pencil is an ideal option when choosing the right color and shape of the eyebrows.
A well-honed pencil can simulate missing hairs and visually fill the eyebrow. The assortment of companies and a palette of shades allow you to choose the perfect option for any face color type.
- With a sharpened pencil, the main points of the bend line and the contour of the eyebrows are placed.
- The top contour is drawn.
- From the beginning to the point of the highest bend and further to the end point (the line should be smooth, without geometric angles).
- The next step also draws the lower contour, while setting the width of the eyebrows, the lower bend and the neat design of the << tip >>.
- From the end to the beginning with light strokes, without pressing, and trying to get between the hairs, the entire formed eyebrow is filled.
- To give a natural eyebrow should be shaded. To do this, use synthetic brushes with a beveled end and stiff bristles.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is performed, results, photos before and after the procedure.
The technique of painting eyebrows with shadows is not difficult to learn. The main evaluation criterion is their quality. They should not crumble during the day, be dull and match the tone of the eyebrows. Dyeing eyebrows with amber, with the shadows of several shades, and making the tail darker, visually creates the graphic eyebrows . Shadows lie softly paint over the space between the hairs and look natural.
Shadows are ideal for oily skin . During the day, they are slightly absorbed into the pores, fixed and by evening the makeup remains perfect. The brush should be solid and with a beveled edge for a clear drawing of the bends.
- Eyebrows are combed.
- A lighter shade of shadows draws the upper contour.
- Dark shade is the bottom contour.
- Returning to a light tone, the inner part of the eyebrow is filled.
- A dark shade draws the outer contour.
- With a brush, the shadows are shaded, combining different shades.
With this technique, eyebrows look naturally fluffy and make-up easy.
We color eyebrows with special paint
At home, eyebrows can be painted conveniently and quickly. Before dyeing eyebrows with eyebrow paint, color is selected using pencils or eye shadow. Experts warn: painting is carried out with an interval of 4-5 weeks. The structure of the hair on the eyebrows is very fragile, frequent staining leads to brittle hair.
- Mandatory verification of the expiration date.
- Paint and oxidizing agent must be the same manufacturer.
- Follow the instructions completely.
- Different firms may have a difference in time and proportions.
Start from the place where you most need to add colors. Filling with paint is carried out with a wide brush, and the outline is thinner. Errors are removed with a cotton swab. Fluffy hairs add more shape and color when stained, so they dye eyebrows first, then pluck out.
How to choose an eyebrow pencil
Eyebrows are the main characteristic line on the face. Pencil is the fastest and most budget option for applying this line.
Eyebrow pencils are available in conventional and mechanical.
Among the most popular professional products, cosmetologists distinguish the following products :
- Max Factor ( 190 time.) – has a solid structure. Sharpened sharply, does not stain the skin. Naturally forms eyebrows, medium softness. Gives a translucent coating that can be layered, achieving a saturated color.
- Yves Rocher Couleurs Nature ( 300 time.). Pencil + eyebrow brush. Suitable for more experienced makeup masters. Soft in composition, gives a rich line of eyebrows. A good option for those who like bright graphic eyebrows.
- Brow wow ( 140 time.) – an automatic pencil of powder structure. Paints the lack of hair well. Holds on oily skin.
Catrice ( 170 time.) – a waxy composition, well pigmented, stains the skin. It is applied gently and holds firmly. Large color palette.
- LaCordi ( 200 time.) – the pencil has a good density. Soft wood is easy to sharpen, while the stylus does not break. Feather well. It has a rich effect.
Magical Halo ( $ 5,03.) Automatic pencil with a brush. Waterproof base, easy to apply, non-caking. Well established for long-term make-up. Magical Halo ( $ 5,03.) Automatic pencil with a brush. Waterproof base, easy to apply, non-caking. Well established for long-term make-up.
- BREMAN I ( 650 time.) – a powder pencil for eyebrows with a brush for blending. High quality wood. Hypoallergenic (confirmed by dermatologists), applied gently, a powdery effect gives the eyebrows a natural look.
Dior Powder Eyebrow
Pencil ( 1800 time.) – refers to luxury cosmetics. Lie down gently, shade easily. The base is powder-talc, but the lead is very resistant. Keeps the effect of freshly applied makeup throughout the day. Top quality wood. Comes complete with a brush and sharpener.
How to choose eyebrow dye
The durability of eyebrow paints depends not only on the manufacturer’s company, but also on the individual characteristics of the skin. On dark skin, the paint is taken less intensively than on light skin. According to the price range, everyone can choose a suitable option.
It should be noted that the tube lasts for a long time, but, as a rule, burning brunettes are painted with one color. To create an individual shade, you may need to purchase several paint colors.
Examples of popular eyebrow paints:
- Estel Enigma – sold in a kit with 6% oxidizing agent, capacity, spatula for mixing. Budget price. In the tube there is a colorless dye, when applied to the eyebrows it is difficult to control the shape. The average level of resistance and hair dyeing.
- Refecto Cil – production of Austria. Mid-price category. Multivariate color system. By varying the exposure time, a wide range of shades can be achieved. Dyes only hair and does not remain on the skin.
- Shwarzkopf Igor – Available in a complete mix kit. The price category is above average. When mixed, a gel-like, saturated, comfortable structure is formed during application. Paints over the skin. With errors in staining, they must be eliminated immediately. Keeps the effect of saturated coloring.
- THUYA – paint of Spanish manufacturers. The only paint that contains keratin and organ oil. The high price category, luxury, the components are made up of components that care for the hair. It keeps well on the skin, paints not only bald spots in the eyebrows, gray hair, but also scars.
The technique of using pencil and shadow at the same time
As a combined option – dye eyebrows with eyebrow shadows and a pencil. Suitable for quick makeup.
- Eyebrows comb well.
- A pencil of darker tone is applied on the bottom line of the eyebrows. In the area where the eyebrow ends, its outline is drawn.
- The entire eyebrow fills with shadows a tone lighter.
- The border between the shadows and the pencil is shaded with a brush.
- It is fixed with wax or gel.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
Are there any contraindications
Henna is a biological dye with natural pigment, so it can cause an allergic reaction. Reacts to hormones. Makeup artists do not recommend the use of henna when painting eyebrows for pregnant and lactating women. After a prolonged (more than 8 min) exposure of the dye, an allergic reaction can be observed on the eyebrows.
After visiting the sauna or bath, they do not produce color. The effect will be minimal.
Care for colored eyebrows
- Do not apply cleansing tonics, scrubs or whitening creams to the eyebrow line. With frequent dyeing of eyebrows, dryness of the skin can increase.
- Makeup artists recommend lubricating eyebrows with specially cleansed oils for cosmetic procedures with light massage movements.
- To achieve maximum effect on colored eyebrows do not apply makeup, and any other cosmetics during the day. When washing, water should also be avoided.
- All procedures with steam baths for the face, trips to the pool and baths should be postponed for several days.
- After mixing all the components, the eyebrow paint looks lighter, on the eyebrows it will become darker.
- Eyebrows are painted one at a time with both shadows and paint. Time for staining for each eyebrow is detected separately.
- If you apply the base for the eyelids on the eyebrows, makeup for them will require the most minimal. The base contributes to its brighter manifestation.
- Eyebrows can be given a double volume if you apply eyebrow gel against hair growth, then gently comb and lay with a brush with gel applied to it.
- The tip of the eyebrow, down, gives a sad expression to the face.
- The beginning of the 1/32 – 4/32 inch eyebrow must necessarily be translucent. This removes the effect of rapprochement of the eyes and the expression of a frown.
- If the eyebrow turned out brightly made up, you can muffle its color with the help of powder. She is drawn onto a brush and stained with an eyebrow against hair growth. After that, gently comb.
- Combing the hairs up can increase the width of the eyebrow.
- With a brush, eyebrows should not only be shaded, but also combed regularly. This helps to remove the stratum corneum and stimulate the bulbs for successful hair growth.
- Masks of castor oil or oil of leaves of usma are of great benefit for stimulating hair growth. The oil is heated in a water bath, applied to the sponge, applied to the eyebrows and covered with a film. The film enhances the thermo effect. Duration 10-15 minutes 2 times a week. The procedure should be completed with a massage along the line of eyebrow growth.
- Do not be shy to control the disinfection of all items used by the maste
r. A good master will surely demonstrate this himself, take an interest in the presence of allergic reactions in the client,
- At the first visit to the master of the brovist, he will get acquainted with a photo of his works. This will help create an idea of his professionalism.
- Gray hairs are removed with 6% oxidizing agent.
- Hair plucked by hair growth.
- If the procedure for plucking eyebrows is very painful, you can prepare ice cubes on a chamomile broth. Before plucking with a cube, cool the skin in the eyebrow for 5-10 minutes. Ice reduces sensitivity, chamomile disinfects.
Video: how to color eyebrows with eyebrow shadows
How to color eyebrows with eyebrow shadows – video tutorial:
Eyebrow Shadows. How to use: