Fashion daily dictates new trends, forcing women to experiment with appearance. Hair more often than others undergo a change. Smooth strands emphasize elegance, curls add lightness to the image. In addition to curlers and tapers, there is also a way to quickly curl. The article provides practical recommendations on how to properly wind the hair with an iron for straightening.
- What kind of iron is suitable for curling hair
- Hair preparation for styling
- Ironing methods for strands
- How to wind curls with a regular straightener: technique and process features
- Curls with an iron with a corrugation nozzle
- How to wind your hair with a foil iron
- How to make light waves
- Small curls from the roots with an iron
- Structured curls
- How to wind the ends of the strands
- Features of styling short, medium and long hair
- Beautiful styling curls with an iron
- How often can I use a hair straightener
- Expert advice: how to prevent hair damage
- Video on how to wind your hair with an iron
What kind of iron is suitable for curling hair
The principle of ironing is to remove excess moisture from the hair through thermal exposure. If it is necessary to curl a strand, then the device “seals” it in the desired position. To create curls, you must choose a device with a narrow heating surface. In order for the strands to be structured, it is necessary to focus on the heating element with rounded edges.
Each hair styling device has its own warm-up time. Professional irons differ in almost instant heating – 2-5 seconds., Household – 10-60 seconds. To quickly wind up strands at home, it is better to focus on devices with a heating speed of 10-30 seconds. Another point that you need to pay attention to is the material of the plate.
There are irons with the following surfaces:
- with titanium;
- silver plated.
The surface should be evenly heated, not damage the hair structure, have an affordable cost.
The list of materials presented in ascending order of price:
- The metal plate heats up unevenly, damages the hair, but has the lowest cost.
- Ceramics are much more expensive, but devoid of the disadvantages of the previous material. A curl treated with styling sticks to it, so that this does not happen, the coating must immediately be removed.
- The titanium coating is applied to the ceramic, which ensures perfect sliding of the strands, as well as protecting them from overheating.
- Teflon does not belong to budget materials, but handles hair as carefully as possible, it glides perfectly, does not get confused. In combination with such an apparatus, you can safely use styling products.
- If marble is the basis of the plate, then the approach to creating such devices is different. Each of the surfaces consists of 2 parts: marble and ceramic. The first part heats and fixes the curl, the second cools and prevents it from overheating and damage.
- Tourmaline is one of the most modern developments in the field of apparatus for straightening and curling. It is able to simulate strands while retaining moisture, relieves static stress, glides well.
- Silver spraying has all the advantages of modern materials, but due to the high cost of metal it is rarely used.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Hair preparation for styling
In order to prepare curls for a curl and avoid damage, certain recommendations must be observed:
- Wash your hair before laying.
- Apply balm or rinse aid, rinse in accordance with the instructions.
- Dry the curls in a natural way.
- Treat the strands with a heat treatment agent.
Hair should reach a state when it is not yet completely dry, but not wet. This will take about 60 minutes. The protective line is represented mainly by sprays, the product is applied immediately before using the ironing or curling iron. To separate the curls, you can use mousse or foam for styling.
Ironing methods for strands
To process hair with an iron, several methods are used. They are based on obtaining a curl using the apparatus itself or fixing the pre-formed curl.
Before using the ironing plates, the curl is twisted by hand or wound on a finger.
How to wind curls with a regular straightener: technique and process features
There are several ways to form curls. The first method involves dividing all the hair into several zones. Each is fixed by clips, hairpins. Sites are processed alternately, the working area is disassembled into strands. Their size depends on the desired effect.
The thicker and longer the hair, the thinner the strand should be . The end of the curl is captured between the plates of the forceps in the middle, then 1 turn is twisted by hand. Next, the iron is carried out in the direction of the floor, at the very tip of the strand is twisted. When curling, the iron should be vertical.
To keep the strands longer, it is necessary to fix the hair with a medium fixation varnish. How to wind your hair with a straightener using the second method, the task is also simple. A strand is captured at the very root, curls are formed by turning the device. The iron sequentially moves down, processing a curl along the entire length.
Thanks to this method, volume is added to rare and thin hair. The larger the plate, the larger the curl will be. The third way to work with the iron will allow you to get elastic harnesses. To do this, each strand is wrapped several times to make a cord. Then it passes between the elements of the apparatus, so the result is fixed.
How to wind your hair with an iron for straightening, there is another way. To do this, wrap a thin curl on the finger, attach it at the root of the hair. The next step is to squeeze it between the tongs, and then stretch the resulting curl.
The latter method is suitable for creating a short hairstyle. Curls are formed by twisting the strands with an iron with twisting the ends for 10 seconds each.
Curls with an iron with a corrugation nozzle
Curls with the nozzle will be more accurate if you use a small fracture size. The way to work with curls is no different.
The result is curls with a small corrugated pattern.
How to wind your hair with a foil iron
To get a curl with the use of foil, the hair is wound on a finger, then the curl is packed in food foil. Ready element for 15 s. clamped between the plates of the device. The metal heats up quickly, transfers heat to the curl and fixes it in the position that the woman gave it.
How to make light waves
How to wind your hair with an iron for straightening by creating light waves is already described above. To obtain a light effect, it is necessary to wrap curls around the iron with your hands and hold it with a turn over the entire length. This is method 1 and 2 in the technology described above.
To obtain a light wave, you can reduce the time of exposure to the hair and increase the diameter of the curl.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Small curls from the roots with an iron
The diameter of the curl depends on how the master works and what size the plate of the device has. The smaller the width and length of the master’s turn, the smaller the finished curl will be. To get small curls, you can use the auxiliary element, twist the hair onto a pencil, and then pass it along the entire length with an iron.
Elastic crisp curls are called structured, when each element in the hairstyle can be seen separately.
To create such a curl, you need to form a curl, wrapping it around your finger, and pinching it between the parts of the iron for 10-15 seconds.
How to wind the ends of the strands
How to wind your hair with an iron to straighten only at the tips, tips will tell later in the article. It is necessary to clamp the strand between the working surfaces of the device at the level where the curl will start from, tuck the hair around the device. It should be horizontal, parallel to the floor. It is more convenient to work if the plate is wide, then the rounding will turn out smooth.
Features of styling short, medium and long hair
How to wind short, medium and long hair with an iron for straightening, approaches differ. It is easier to work with long hair; any method of curling hair can be used on them: both ends, and from the middle, and over the entire surface.
For short hairstyles, ironing with a small plate area is more suitable. If the hair is thin, then using the device you can create a basal volume by tucking the plates slightly at the root of the strands.
The wider the heating surface, the larger the curls will be in diameter.
For a short length of hair to lay this look does not work. At an average level of hair, it is preferable to curl curls from the middle of the strand and tips, forming structured elements or the effect of a light wave. To do this, such haircut models as bean, classic and on the leg are suitable.
Beautiful styling curls with an iron
There are many options for hairstyles based on curls, despite the apparent similarity. Depending on the size and combination of curls, you can create a chic evening look or a casual mischievous look.
Here are some examples of such hairstyles:
- If the hair is shoulder-length , then you can leave the area at the roots untouched, and curl the curls in different directions from the middle of the hair, giving them a clear rounding at the ends. Then you need to correct the direction of the curls with your hands, so that the appearance is harmonious, and fix with a small amount of varnish.
- For long hair, it is recommended to experiment with the size of the working surface and the degree of curl of the curl. But it is better to choose a large and medium plate. More than 2 sizes in one hairstyle is better not to combine, otherwise it will turn out not a sloppy, but a sloppy appearance. In random order, the upper layer of hair in different directions is twisted by large and medium surfaces. The second layer is also processed so that the image is harmonious. If there is still a part of the hair, then from them the master forms curls only at the ends, so as not to create an excess volume for the upper part of the hair.
- To get a Hollywood hairstyle, you need to treat the hair from roots to ends with elastic curls, not forgetting to form a rounding. This creates a puppet effect, so it is suitable for celebrations and evening out.
- An effective and memorable appearance is obtained by twisting the hair in different directions with light waves, and using the mousse and varnish to adjust the final result.
It is not difficult to learn how to wind hair using different methods with an iron, but you need to experiment and master each of them in order to create new images each time and get the expected result.
How often can I use a hair straightener
Experts do not recommend the frequent use of thermal styling products. No matter how modern they are, but with frequent use, curls acquire a lifeless appearance, curls are dry, devoid of moisture, split off at the tips.
To restore their structure will require a lot of money, effort and time. Therefore, you must follow the recommendations of experts and does not curl the hair more than 1 time per week.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Expert advice: how to prevent hair damage
The efforts of specialists in the field of trichology and hairdressing are aimed at protecting hair as much as possible during the heat treatment (using a hairdryer, braid, styler, and ironing).
To do this, the following requirements must be observed:
- When washing hair, apply a mask, conditioner or balm.
- Before processing under high temperature, it is necessary to treat curls with a special tool designed to protect against exposure.
- If the curl did not work out, then you can walk a second time, but do not process it many times.
- Do not exceed the recommended frequency of use of the device.
The use of curls in one form or another is always popular. Stylists come up with new ways to help women quickly change the appearance of their hairstyles without resorting to special efforts. To learn how to wind your hair with an iron for straightening, just enter the appropriate query in the search bar and be patient
if everything works out the first time.
Video on how to wind your hair with an iron
10 ways to wind the hair on the iron:
An easy way to wind curls with an iron: