Exercises with a gymnastic stick allow you to put your spine and joints in order, make them flexible, elastic. Exercise complexes with this subject are being developed for children and adults.
- Rules for doing exercises with a gymnastic stick
- How to hold a stick
- How to do exercises – basic rules
- When and how to train
- Exercise Technique
- Body turns
- Side tilts
- Body tilts forward
- Lunges and Squats
- Abdominal exercises
- Back exercises
- Flexibility and stretching exercises
- What is the load to complete the workout
- Gymnastics with a stick for children
- Classes with a gymnastic stick for certain diseases
- Exercises for osteochondrosis
- Occupations with flat feet
- Gymnastics Exercise Bands
- Complex exercise therapy
- ORU complex with gymnastic stick
- Video about exercises with a gymnastic stick: fitness, a complex for osteochondrosis
Rules for doing exercises with a gymnastic stick
When performing a set of exercises with a gymnastic stick, it is important to follow a certain list of rules:
- If the gymnastics stick is held in front of you and all movements are directed in this direction, it is recommended to bend your arms in the elbows. The stick should be located opposite the clavicle, hold it with a wide grip.
- If you need to straighten your arms completely, then gymnastic equipment is important to be placed in line with the floor surface, and legs at shoulder width level.
- When raising a stick, keep your arms extended opposite each other.
- If the inventory is held in bent hands, it is recommended to lower the item below the line of the shoulder blades.
- If you need to hold the gymnastic object with your arms wide apart, then when you complete an exercise of such a plan, your hands must be bent.
How to hold a stick
Gymnastic stick, regardless of the selected set of exercises with this equipment, it is important to keep it right.
There are several main starting points:
- in front;
- above yourself in straight arms extended upwards;
- in front of the chest is slightly lower relative to the level of the clavicle, while the hands should be spread out at the elbows and hold the object;
- behind the head, leaning on the shoulders below shoulder level;
- behind the back at the bends of the arms at the elbows;
- behind the back parallel to the waistline;
- behind your back above the waistline;
- at the level of the hips in lowered hands.
How to do exercises – basic rules
A set of exercises with a gymnastic stick is important to start with a warm-up. The duration of the warm-up should be at least 10 minutes. It is recommended to perform a warm-up with a small amplitude and little effort. Tasks with gymnastic equipment are performed on the score from 4 to 8.
The number of approaches, as well as the amplitude of actions, is recommended to be increased evenly and gradually. Movement must be performed on the exhale.
Warm up exercises:
- jumping rope;
- jumping on the spot without the use of sports equipment;
- running on the spot;
- Easy stretching and warming up of all muscles with the help of bends, turns, squats.
When and how to train
The number of exercises included in the set of exercises with a gymnastic stick should be regularly increased. It is also recommended to increase the duration of classes due to the number of approaches. In this way, the effectiveness of training is maintained, since the muscles are able to adapt to the proposed load in a short time.
With a sufficient load, significant pain should not occur, however, the first lesson can provoke the appearance of painful sensations in muscle tissue – this is the norm. After subsequent classes, the occurrence of unpleasant sensations in the muscles indicates an excessive load, in which case it is necessary to correct the set of exercises by choosing the most comfortable load.
It is not recommended to train before bedtime, since such physical exertion provokes problems with sleep. There should be no later than an hour before class. If physical activity with a gymnastic stick is performed with the aim of losing weight, then the interval between physical activity and eating should be increased.
The best time for classes is the morning hours.
When making body turns, it is necessary to fix the pelvis, hips and feet in a certain position, without movement.
The following muscles are involved in the exercise:
- joints of the shoulders.
Turning the body:
- The gymnastic object lies on the shoulders.
- Arms bent.
- Smooth turns of the body in each direction are carried out alternately.
With good training and endurance, the number of turns in each approach should be increased.
Lean to the side should be using one of two ways.
One way is as follows:
- Gym equipment is placed on the shoulders.
- Hands should be bent.
- The body leans to the left, then to the right.
It is forbidden to strain the muscles of the neck, since tension in this area interferes with the work of other muscle groups.
Tilts of the body with a different capture of the gymnastic object
- Gymnastics stick grabbed with two hands, using a wide grip.
- The action takes place with the subject, one hand is lowered down, the other is raised up.
- The body leans down, it is important that the stick is located vertically.
- The exercise is repeated in the same way by tilting in the opposite direction.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Body tilts forward
When performing, the body position is used, in which the gymnastic stick is on the shoulders.
- The initial position of the housing is accepted.
- The body leans forward as much as possible.
- The chin looks exclusively straight, and the muscles of the body must be tensed.
< li>Next, the body is tilted back, the back should be without deflection.
Lunges and Squats
Exercises with lunges and squats are performed with a rear grip, the subject is held in front of itself.
Performing lunges and squats:
- Any leg of your choice is fixed in place, the other leg is set forward as far as possible.
- The stick is held in one of the proposed ways.
- In this position of the body, a slow squat is performed.
- Next, the forward leg is pulled back in a similar manner – again, a slow squat.
- Exercise is performed with the other leg in a similar way.
Exercises from a lying position on the stomach are part of a set of exercises with a gymnastic stick.
- Pull the stick forward.
- Hands rise as high as possible upward.
- The head rises.
- A gymnastic object is assigned to the shoulders.
- The chest rises, this position of the body is held for as long as possible.
There is an exercise performed in the same position, called a boat. When performing this exercise, the projectile is held by the hands at the edges of the feet. It is necessary to simultaneously stretch upward, making the maximum deflection of the body.
“Birch” is the most popular exercise from a supine position.
The “birch” is executed as follows:
- Hands straight, stick held wide grip.
- The legs must be pulled to the chest, bending them at the knees, and hold the projectile under the buttocks.
- Hands with a shell fall to the floor, legs straighten, it is important to pull the socks up.
- Feet slowly lower.
- Next, you need to repeat the exercise in the reverse order.
Flexibility and stretching exercises
A set of exercises for flexibility and stretching includes training with a gymnastic stick.
This training includes a list of tasks using various positions:
- Sitting. To complete the exercise, arms with the projectile should be straightened. Legs are straight, rest against the feet.
- Slopes standing. Put your legs wide, the stick should be grabbed from the back and parallel to the shoulder blades. It is necessary to perform inclinations in each direction, while shaking the body with medium amplitude.
- Twists and turns . In a standing position, the gymnastic apparatus is exposed in front of the body, hands should be straight. It is necessary to turn the stick so that the arms are crossed alternately in different directions.
- Putting your hands back . When standing, the projectile must be held from below. Hands should be raised and put back behind the head. Then take the initial position of the housing.
What is the load to complete the workout
Training should be completed with exercises aimed at stretching. The proposed load will favorably affect the body, since properly heated muscles develop without the risk of injury.
Gymnastics with a stick for children
Gymnastics with this sports equipment is useful and effective for children. It has a beneficial effect on the spine. In order to prevent problems with the spine, you should regularly do morning exercises using a stick.
Recommended exercise list for children with a gymnastic stick:
- The stick is fixed in an upright position. The child grabs the object with his hands and climbs up, then slowly drops down.
- The stick is held in the hands behind the back. Leaning forward by the hull, it is important to reach for the feet.
- Walking with a gymnastic stick behind your back on your shoulders. Hands can be on the subject or straightened.
Classes with a gymnastic stick for certain diseases
Exercises for osteochondrosis
There is a set of tasks with a projectile for osteochondrosis. Choosing a complex of such exercises, it is important to consider age and physical fitness. Exercises for the purpose of therapeutic therapy should not be performed with an overstrain, otherwise the therapeutic effect is reduced. It is important to control your condition and feelings during training.
Standard set of exercises for osteochondrosis:
- The object rises above itself , then moves to a position in front of itself and falls down.
- The stick in the hands winds behind the head , hands should be lowered as low as possible to the lower back. The projectile should be raised behind the back most high, taking your hands further from the body. Further forward inclinations are carried out, while the abdominal muscles are pulled in.
- Crossing hands with a shell in the hands. There should be a tension between the blades. Slowly straightens his right hand to the side. The exercise is repeated with the left hand.
Recommendations for the implementation of the complex for osteochondrosis:
- It is recommended to practice daily.
- Any execution time, the only requirement is to complete no later than a few hours before bedtime.
- During classes, it is important to monitor breathing.
- In favorable health condition
s, the load is gradually recommended to be increased.
- With discomfort and pain when performing a specific task, it should be excluded from the complex or replaced with another similar one.
- During classes, it is recommended to regularly measure the pulse, preventing its excessive increase.
Occupations with flat feet
Exercises using a gymnastic stick help in the treatment of flat feet.
A set of exercises in the treatment of flat feet:
- Skating an object with the help of legs. The exercise is performed standing or sitting, the stick rolls on the surface. Next, the exercise is repeated simultaneously with both legs. The duration of the task is 10 minutes.
- Walking across. The subject is located across the foot, in its middle. Thus, the steps are performed. This exercise is most effective in the treatment of transverse flatfoot.
- Walking along the stick. The stick is parallel to the feet, along. Steps are carried forward with socks, then starting from the heels. This exercise is most effective in the treatment of longitudinal flatfoot.
Gymnastics Exercise Bands
Complex exercise therapy
Physiotherapy exercises should be performed in the complete absence of pain, the effect of exercise is achieved with absolute rest and relaxation of the spine. The complex of exercise therapy effectively increases the level of emotional state, helping to recover faster.
Gymnastics stick during exercise therapy helps to distribute the load on the body, such exercises can be practiced not only in special rooms, but also at home or on.
The complex of exercise therapy with a gymnastic object includes 4 main exercises, which are further supplemented by other tasks:
- Easy warm-up to warm all muscle groups.
- Standing, legs wide apart, arms with an object stretch forward in front of the body. Holding the stick in front of them, they make rotational movements in different directions, 12 rotations are necessary in each direction.
- Standing, legs spread wide, a stick is held in hands, it is important to grasp the ends of the subject. Alternately, the projectile is brought from a horizontal position to a vertical position. Repeat 12 times.
- Using the same starting position, outstretched arms are lifted with a shell on a deep breath, lowered on exhalation. This exercise is repeated 4-6 times.
- Standing, hands with an object raised up. On inspiration, the body bends in the lower back, with a stick it is necessary to touch the floor. On exhalation, the initial position of the body is taken. The task is repeated 6 times.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
ORU complex with gymnastic stick
A set of general developmental exercises with a gymnastic stick is necessary to maintain health, well-being, and strengthen muscles. The outdoor switchgear complex consists of body movements, with the recommended amplitude and speed of execution.
The use of a gymnastic stick in the outdoor switchgear system allows you to develop coordination, maintain the body in good shape. These exercises are suitable for people of any age and different levels of physical fitness. Adults can perform complexes of any complexity, taking into account the health status of a particular person.
Exercises with a gymnastic stick for a standard group:
- Holding the item below, it is necessary to put it in front of you, turning so that one hand is below. The stick should lie horizontally. Then again make a turn so that the right hand is below.
- The legs are shoulder-width apart, the stick is held near the chest. Then carry the subject forward and do a squat. Then they get up, returning to their initial position.
- The legs are placed, the item is held in the hands near the chest. Raise the stick, tilt left, then right.
- The item is lowered using the grip on top. Take a step to the side and raise the stick up. Then you need to sit down and place the item under the knees. Repeat the exercise, taking a step in the other direction.
- A gymnastic stick is placed on the chest, hands are bent at the elbows. Perform a squat, while pushing the stick forward. Return to the starting position.
- The object is brought back and the leg is taken behind the back, while the stick is lifted up, the back is bent, stand up and bent to the right. The exercise is similarly repeated, deflecting the left leg and leaning to the left.
- The stick is held at the bottom back. Lean deep forward and put the object in front of him on the floor surface. They stand up to their full height, then bend over again and pick up the object from the floor.
Applying the ORU complex with a gymnastic stick for classes, the age category of the group should be taken into account. It is necessary to pay attention to the personal characteristics of each, choosing specific exercises. This complex is performed both by a group and individually.
Using all of the above exercises with such a gymnastic apparatus as a stick, it is possible to create your own individual training program. Exercises are selected according to the interests and level of physical fitness. It is important that the training takes place without overstrain and pain and bring exclusively positive emotions.
Video about exercises with a gymnastic stick: fitness, a complex for osteochondrosis
Fitness training: exercises with a gymnastic stick:
A set of exercises for osteochondrosis: