Vertical traction performed using a simulator in a specially equipped room is one of the most effective exercises aimed at working out the upper body.
- What is a block simulator
- Hammer Exercise Rod
- What muscles work on the vertical block
- What is remarkable about vertical thrust for women
- Contraindications and limitations for training
- How to start classes
- The technique of performing exercises on a vertical simulator
- Grip width
- The difference between traction and pull-ups
- How many repetitions should women do
- Unit weight for women
- Technical errors
- A set of exercises for training in the gym
- Sitting draft
- Back pull
- Head and chest pulls
- Reverse Grip
- Traction grips of different widths
- One-handed pull
- Pull in front of you
- How can you increase the quality of muscle contractions
- Basic rules for completing a workout
- Simulator Vertical Link Video
What is a block simulator
Vertical traction in the simulator involves the use of a block design. It is a metal base with tensioned cables. Weighting agents (blocks) are attached to the ends of the cables in the quantity necessary for a particular person.
The main advantage of block simulators is maximum safety for the athlete’s spine and joints, unlike similarly directed loads with free weights.
By practicing exercises in which blocks are used as weighting agents, a person will be able to feel the muscle group being worked out as much as possible, and then correctly distribute the load in a specific area of the body.
When choosing a block structure, it is important to keep in mind that the time required to achieve a visible result with their help will require much more than when working with free weights.
Hammer Exercise Rod
The deadlift in the Hammer simulator is recommended for people just starting to practice strength training. To minimize the risk of injury to an athlete, you must strictly follow the generally accepted algorithm for performing the exercise.
He is such a:
- Set the operating weight in the block compartment of the simulator. Adjust seat and handle height to fit your height. Sit on a bench that is part of the structure. Arms on handrails. Tense the muscles of the abdomen and back as much as possible.
- Bend your arms as you exhale and pull the handles toward you. Elbows at this moment should “look” back. The position of the housing remains unchanged.
- Lock position for 3 sec.
- Extend your arms at the same time as you inhale.
Vertical thrust in the simulator is included by fitness trainers in the vast majority of their training programs because of a number of advantages of this type of load over their counterparts.
- the ability to make the back wider, visually giving the figure of a person greater harmony;
- improved posture;
- the ability to rapidly increase the load without harm to the health of the athlete;
- Strengthening the muscles of the hands, which further accelerates the acquisition of the skill to perform other exercises, for example, pull-ups or push-ups;
- the ability to change the emphasis on the developed zone by introducing into the occupation scheme a number of traction variations in the block structure;
- simplicity of the generally accepted algorithm for performing the exercise.
What muscles work on the vertical block
If the exercises are performed correctly using the vertical block, you can increase endurance and make the muscles of the back and chest more prominent.
- the latissimus muscle (or, as it is also called, “wings.” It is located in the upper back on the side and in the lower half);
- large round muscle (localized by the armpits, on the side of the body);
- trapezius muscle (upper and middle parts of the back, located near the thoracic spine.);
- rhomboid muscle (localized in the middle of the back surface of the body);
pectoralis major muscle (located on top of the chest);
- pectoralis minor muscle (located in the upper chest under the pectoralis major muscle).
What is remarkable about vertical thrust for women
Classes in the block simulator are suitable for both men and women.
For girls, regular vertical traction helps:
- gaining sufficient strength to perform more complex exercises (for example, pull-ups or push-ups);
- the achievement of the set result in the shortest possible time, regardless of the specifics of the goal itself (vertical traction is effective both in increasing the body relief, and in improving strength indicators, as well as endurance of the muscles of the shoulder girdle);
- visual transformation of the decollete area (due to the strengthening of the pectoral muscles during exercises in the block structure, pulling up and a slight change in the shape of the chest for the better).
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
Contraindications and limitations for training
Vertical thrust in the simulator, like other types of physical activity, has a number of contraindications to implementation.
Such a load is not recommended for people who have:
- injuries to the shoulder girdle, hands, or elbows;
- hernia or protrusion in the thoracic spine;
- diseases, the consequence of which is the inability to perform the exercise with due amplitude of movement of the upper limbs;
- pathology (including inflammatory processes) in the joints and bones.
Vertical traction is considered one of the safest types of exercises and is practiced even in rehabilitation centers to recover people from injuries and complex operations, the consequences of which do not allow a person to be fully mobile.
How to start classes
Preparing for the exercise involves observing the main steps:
- Define “working weight” – the number of blocks used during the lesson. To establish the initial burden, as well as determine the rate of increase in physical activity, should be a qualified fitness trainer, having an idea of the state of health and physiological characteristics of a particular athlete.
- Perform a complex consisting of basic exercises for warming up the body, designed to prepare the joints and cardiovascular system of a person. The duration of the warm-up should be at least 7 minutes.
The technique of performing exercises on a vertical simulator
Strict adherence to the technique of exercises in the vertical simulator will help minimize the likelihood of an athlete getting injured.
The generally accepted algorithm consists of successive steps:
- Set the required number of blocks to be used during the exercise. Take the starting position, sitting on the supporting part of the structure and clutching the handrails of the simulator with your hands. Feet need to be fixed in special rollers.
- As you exhale, pull the handle down until it aligns with the area, just below the back of the head. The elbows during the exercise move i
n a perpendicular plane. The back remains invariably straight.
- Lock position for 5 sec.
- Slowly relax the muscles and return to the original position.
The focus of muscle development depends on the grip at the time of vertical traction.
The most commonly used exercises are:
|Kind of grip||Short description|
|Direct grip||The backs of the palms are turned forward. It is recommended to use for the best pumping of the latissimus dorsi.|
|Reverse grip||The backs of the palms are directed back. To work out the biceps, you need to pull the block to the chin.|
|Neutral grip||Used when working with heavy weights.|
|Wide grip||Most effective for strengthening the muscles of the shoulder girdle. The brushes are located slightly wider than the shoulders.|
|Narrow grip||The brushes must be placed on the handle of the block structure at a distance less than the distance between the shoulders. During the exercise with a narrow grip, the elbows are slightly bent to the sides.|
The difference between traction and pull-ups
The main difference between traction and pull-ups is the exercise technique. If in the first case the athlete is required to pull the block structure handrail down (the working weight is determined by the fitness instructor), then when pulling up, the person works with his own weight.
Vertical thrust is included in the training program if the athlete has contraindications for pull-ups or he does not have sufficient strength.
How many repetitions should women do
In order to avoid injuries during the vertical draft, athletes must strictly follow the recommendations of the fitness trainer related to the number of sets and reps. For women who are just starting to practice strength training, 3 approaches of 10 repetitions will be optimal. Moreover, the “working weight” should not exceed 33 pounds.
As the muscle corset adapts to a given level of load, the number of approaches can be increased to 4, and repetitions – up to 12. If a girl has previously been involved in sports, and is now recovering after a long break, the initial load for her will be 4 approaches of 15 repetitions.
Unit weight for women
The initial working weight for women when performing exercises in the block simulator should not exceed 33 pounds. After 3-4 weeks of active sports, the total weight of the blocks used is recommended to be increased to 20.
Further weight gain should occur as the muscle corset adapts to a given level of load (but not more than 11 pounds in 2-3 weeks).
The most common mistakes that prevent the achievement of the maximum result from the regular execution of vertical thrust are.
- stooped shoulders during exercise;
- a curved spine due to an incorrect position;
- lifting the buttocks from the supporting surface during muscle relaxation;
- load displacement (from the back to the arms, in particular, biceps);
- incorrect selection of the “working weight”, which impedes compliance with the exercise technique.
The above errors are made not only by beginners who have not previously dealt with power loads, but already experienced athletes who do not pay due attention to the technique of performing the exercise in question.
A set of exercises for training in the gym
The thrust in the block simulator, performed along the vertical axis, can be performed in several ways. Depending on the area that needs to be more thoroughly studied, the athlete needs to take a specific starting position, as well as position his hands in accordance with the required grip.
To achieve maximum results, the thrust of the vertical block from a sitting position must be performed in strict accordance with the algorithm below.
- Choose the “working weight” by setting the limiter over the required number of blocks. Sit facing the movable handle. Straighten your back, pull your stomach in, place your hands on the handrail.
- On the exhale, pull the cable down until it reaches the desired position (the end point depends on which zone the particular exercise is aimed at).
- Lock position for 3 sec.
- Gently return the limbs to their original position.