The skin of the eyelids is thin and very sensitive to external irritants. The low collagen content in this area provokes the early appearance of wrinkles and sagging. Modern aesthetic medicine allows you to solve the problem using non-surgical blepharoplasty, the result of which is the complete elimination of wrinkles and sagging eyelids.
- The essence of non-surgical blepharoplasty
- Comparison with similar techniques
- Preparations for blepharoplasty
- Stages of the procedure
- Possible complications
- Efficiency: how long the result lasts after correction of the upper, lower eyelids
- Price in New York, Los Angeles, of different types of blepharoplasty
- Performance Reviews
- Video on the topic: non-surgical blepharoplasty
The essence of non-surgical blepharoplasty
In the absence of elasticity, it is possible to correct the condition on the lower and upper eyelids without the use of plastic surgery methods.
Blepharoplasty may be needed in the following cases:
- The formation of excess skin due to aging or under the influence of a hereditary factor.
- The appearance of bags under the eyes due to the weakening of the supporting ligaments.
- Wrinkle formation.
- Sagging upper eyelids and their flabbiness.
- Fat hernia.
The essence of the non-surgical procedure is to tighten the skin and eliminate deficiencies using modern devices or by administering drugs. Removing excess skin and adipose tissue allows you to create the effect of a powerful lifting and rejuvenation.
The effectiveness of the non-surgical procedure is as high as that resulting from the operation.
When choosing a particular aesthetic course, special attention is paid to the degree of obtaining the desired result and the individual characteristics of the skin.
Depending on the initial condition of the skin, a certain type of blepharoplasty can be prescribed:
- Laser – is a deep impact on skin tissue using a laser.
- Circular – eliminates defects in the periorbital zone using the technique of simultaneous plastic surgery of the lower and upper eyelids.
- Hardware – the effect of tightening is achieved due to exposure to the skin of radio waves, infrared rays, RF radiation or low-frequency electric current. The procedure is carried out using cosmetology devices.
- Injection – increasing the elasticity of the skin occurs due to the powerful effects of drugs that are injected under the skin.
Each technique has its own contraindications, so an experienced cosmetologist should choose a specific type of blepharoplasty.
Non-surgical blepharoplasty using a laser is an effective method of eyelid skin tightening, which is a good alternative to radical methods of plastic surgery.
The popularity of this method is due to a number of advantages:
- Minimal tissue injury.
- Low probability of hematomas.
- Lack of scars.
- Maximum anti-aging effect.
For the procedure, the effect of one of the light emitters – erbium or carbon dioxide can be applied. In the process of laser blepharoplasty, the protein fraction of the skin coagulates and the copy layer is ground. After this, the skin is quickly restored and regeneration processes are activated.
The final result can be evaluated 8 weeks after the procedure. Using laser blepharoplasty, you can get rid of wrinkles, solve the problem of asymmetry of the eyes, and increase the muscle activity of the eyes.
If necessary, correction of sagging skin on the lower and upper eyelids perform circular blepharoplasty. The elimination of aesthetic shortcomings can be carried out simultaneously in several directions and with the help of one procedure to solve various problems.
- Sagging skin on the upper and lower eyelids.
- Asymmetry of the palpebral fissures.
- Fat deposits on the upper eyelids and the formation of bags under the eyes.
- Congenital or acquired pathology.
Non-surgical circular correction takes place without incisions on the skin. To remove excess fat content, punctures are performed, and the lower eyelid covers are tightened by fixing loose skin in special anchor areas. Blepharoplasty performed in this way allows you to achieve the maximum effect of rejuvenation and lifting through a complex procedure.
The use of hardware cosmetology is very popular because it allows you to evaluate the results immediately after the procedure and provides a painless effect on a specific area. In this case, the risk of facial deformation and tissue displacement is completely eliminated.
Among a wide variety of types of eyelid skin tightening using hardware cosmetology, the most effective ones can be distinguished:
- RF lifting. This procedure allows you to completely get rid of edema under the eyes using ultrasound. The device allows you to eliminate defects in the form of wrinkles, increase skin turgor, remove hernias. The effect is achieved by reducing the muscle frame in the eyelids.
- DROT therapy. The complex effect of optical thermolysis of the laser at a point level and the processing of RF radiation allows not to injure sensitive skin on the eyelids. Double-acting therapy can significantly increase the elasticity of the skin due to the active production of collagen, tighten the eyelids and eyebrows, smooth out the wrinkles.
- Thermolifting. When the areas are heated by radio wave or infrared radiation, regeneration of skin tissues occurs, due to which the surface is smoothed, swelling and swelling are eliminated.
Thermage. As a result of radio wave e
xposure, a powerful stimulation of the process of collagen and elastin production occurs, on the content of which the elasticity of the skin depends.
- Electroblepharoplasty . The device operates on the basis of electric current, forming low-frequency radiation. Thanks to heating, the processes of collagen and elastin production are activated.
All hardware methods are based on warming the deep tissues of the skin of the eyelids. Such manipulations have powerful lifting results and are safe.
To rejuvenate the skin and smooth wrinkles, it is necessary to ensure a normal level of fluid content in the skin tissues. With the help of injections, you can nourish the weakened areas with useful components, enrich the skin with hyaluronic acid, phytoestrogens and amino acids.
As a result of many skin punctures, natural regeneration is triggered, and drugs additionally saturate the tissues. After the procedure, you can notice good results: local metabolism is stimulated, wrinkles are completely smoothed, the skin is tightened.
Non-surgical blepharoplasty is able to transform the look even with an advanced degree of sagging skin of the eyelids. This skin correction technology is performed without surgery, however, the result is completely comparable with the procedure of plastic surgery.
Non-surgical tightening helps to achieve the following results:
- eliminate wrinkles of various degrees and depths;
- change the shape of the eyes;
- get rid of excess skin in the overhanging eyelids;
- adjust the degree of omission of the upper eyelid;
- increase muscle activity;
- remove bags under the eyes and hernia;
- eliminate age-related or congenital pathologies;
- provide nutrition to dry skin;
- restore the symmetry of the lines.
Using this procedure, you can stop the aging process and give the appearance a young and fresh look. Collagen fibers gain their lost elasticity, due to which the lifting effect covers even the deepest layers of the skin.
The method of rejuvenation without surgery does not pose a threat to health and can be carried out only at the initiative of the patient who wants to eliminate the appearance of defects.
Skin tightening is performed according to the following indications:
- the presence of bags under the eyes;
- overhanging of the upper eyelid;
- thin dry skin around the eyes;
- clear deep wrinkles;
- fatty hernias;
- asymmetry of the eyes;
With the growth of fatty tissue, ocular furrows can form that stand out on the face and spoil the aesthetic appearance. With an integrated approach, you can simultaneously remove excess skin on the upper and lower eyelids, completely transforming the appearance.
Non-surgical blepharoplasty is required if it is necessary to remove ocular fat, the appearance of which may be due to hereditary or age-related factors.
The procedure is harmless and safe, however, it has some contraindications:
- Pregnancy, lactation.
- The presence of malignant tumors.
- Violation of the blood coagulation process.
- Infectious or acute viral diseases.
- Individual intolerance to the drugs used.
- The presence of tumors of the upper and lower eyelids.
- Barley and herpes in the active stage.
- Autoimmune pathologies.
To identify the presence of contraindications, which indicate a lack of the ability to perform blepharoplasty, the doctor should schedule an examination before the procedure.
Comparison with similar techniques
Surgical methods for correcting the flabby skin of the eyelids are gradually being replaced by non-surgical techniques.
This has several advantages:
- Quick healing.
- No threat to the patient’s health.
- Gentle effect on the skin, making the procedure painless.
- Injury to surrounding tissue is minimal. There is no risk of bleeding.
- In most cases, swelling and bruising do not appear.
- No need to go through a long rehabilitation period in the hospital.
- Saving a long lasting effect.
At the same time, the risk of tissue displacement is minimal, therefore, distortion of facial features is impossible. A non-surgical technique involves a point effect on the eyelid, so the study of deformed areas is done more thoroughly and deeply.
Among the shortcomings, a weak visible result can be noted in the presence of complex foci that require significant correction.
The effectiveness of non-surgical blepharoplasty:
To choose a safe method of getting rid of sagging skin of the eyelids, a specialist should study the results of a preliminary examination of the patient.
To do this, you need to pass such analyzes:
- Blood for determination of biochemical and general indicators.
- Blood for detecting sugar levels and clotting indices.
The preparatory stage is of great importance, since before carrying out the manipulations, the necessary degree of intervention should be selected, the number of required procedures and the type of exposure should be determined.
On examination, the doctor should:
- assess the tone of cartilage and the level of change in the eyelid;
- determine the presence and depth of wrinkles;
- estimate the amount of excess skin.
The final stage of preparation is computer simulation of the final result.
Preparations for blepharoplasty
All methods of performing a tightening of deformed skin without surgery are performed using special cosmetology devices, except for injection equipment. For her, the key is not the p
unctures themselves, but the therapeutic drugs that have a beneficial effect on skin tone.
Among all injected drugs, particular effectiveness is shown by:
- Sensavi containing 4 peptides that simultaneously affect muscle structure, skin and adipose tissue.
- Caregen – to eliminate edema, hyperpigmentation and hernia. It starts the production of elastin and hyaluronic acid, which helps to seal the anterior wall of the eyelid.
- Eyebag Essence – a drug that promotes the absorption of fiber. It allows to eliminate hernial formations, lowering the corners of the eyes and achieve a powerful lifting effect.
A sterile solution, saturated with useful components, is introduced into the problem area at strictly marked points. To achieve a positive result, the doctor must have good practical skills and knowledge in the field of anatomy.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
Stages of the procedure
Non-surgical blepharoplasty can be performed according to various algorithms, the sequence of which will correspond to the selected method of exposure to the skin.
We can distinguish the main stages of non-surgical tightening:
- Cleansing the skin and applying anesthetic gel.
- Eyeball protection with special lenses.
- Setting up the blepharoplasty machine and skin exposure.
- Applying an antiseptic and applying a cold compress.
An injection technique for skin tightening will require preliminary marking in the area of impact. The introduction of the drug with useful components is carried out by puncture selected points. For faster healing after manipulations, a special cream is applied that will help relieve swelling.
The recovery period after blepharoplasty compared to plastic surgery methods is insignificant.
Some factors may affect the future recovery, so at first it is advisable to adhere to the recommendations:
- Carefully carry out hygiene in the eye area.
- Do not usd places that have been corrected.
- Refrain from tanning.
- Do not go to baths and saunas.
- Use a special eye cream or soothing gels based on plant extracts.
- Until the edema disappears completely, do not apply makeup.
The entire recovery period is approximately 3-5 days, after which you can perform daily routine procedures.
Non-surgical blepharoplasty has a number of advantages, among which the most important is safety for the body and the absence of a difficult recovery period. Complications that may arise are most often temporary and do not require serious specialist intervention.
Among the side effects may be observed:
- Slight swelling.
- Tearing or dry eyes.
- Small hematomas.
- Light pain.
- Allergic reactions to medications.
- Increased light response.
- Burn after laser exposure.
In order to avoid complications, the recommendations of a cosmetologist during the rehabilitation period should be followed exactly. When choosing a clinic and a doctor for blepharoplasty, the real experience of a specialist and patient reviews should be taken into account.
Efficiency: how long the result lasts after correction of the upper, lower eyelids
It is impossible to stop the natural aging process even with the help of non-surgical blepharoplasty.
The duration of the effect that is achieved using it will depend on the selected method of correction of deficiencies:
- from 1.5 to 2.5 years from injection therapy;
- up to 4 years from thermal lifting;
- up to 5 years from electroblepharoplasty, DROT therapy and thermage;
- 3-5 years from RF therapy;
- from 4 to 8 years from laser correction.
The final results can be evaluated 14-30 days after exposure to the skin of the eyelids. During this period, all possible side effects will pass, and physiological changes will become clearly noticeable.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
Price in New York, Los Angeles, of different types of blepharoplasty
Prices for this type of service can vary significantly depending on the location of the clinic and the qualifications of the cosmetologist.
Comparison of approximate prices is given in the table:
|Service||Price in New York||Price in Los Angeles||Price in the|
|Injection technique||from $ 204||from $ 122||from $ 95|
|Laser correction||from $ 816||from $ 748||from $ 680|
|Thermal lifting||from $ 163||from $ 163||fr
om $ 136
|Thermage||from $ 2040||from $ 1768||from $ 1700|
|DROT Therapy||from $ 272||from $ 245||from $ 231|
|RF lifting||from $ 136||from $ 136||from $ 109|
|Electroblepharoplasty||from $ 245||from $ 231||from $ 204|
The fame of the doctor and the number of positive reviews will also affect the cost of the procedure.
Non-surgical cosmetic procedure for lifting the eyelids has supporters and opponents of this technique. In most cases, opponents of non-surgical procedures are plastic surgeons who are accustomed to repair defects with a scalpel.
Radical correction methods can be avoided in the presence of minor defects; deeper problems in most cases cannot be solved without surgery.
Among patients, the majority is inclined to positive impressions after blepharoplasty: wrinkles disappeared, skin turgor increased significantly, upper eyelids ceased to overhang, and unaesthetic edema disappeared in the lower.
Patients over the age of 50 years and more who had more complex appearance defects did not manage to achieve the desired result in all cases.
According to the final result, non-surgical blepharoplasty can be fully compared with the effect of a full plastic surgery. To rejuvenate the face and eliminate defects in the eye area, you should adhere to the recommendations regarding the recovery period and responsibly approach the choice of the doctor.
Video on the topic: non-surgical blepharoplasty
How is the procedure of non-surgical blepharoplasty using the Plaxpot apparatus: