Running refers to the most effective methods that increase life expectancy and preserve the health of the body.
It is necessary to study in more detail what benefits regular jogging brings, who is contraindicated in this type of exercise, how to increase the useful effect of running and protect yourself from injuries.
- How running affects the body, its help in losing weight
- How much do you need to run to lose weight
- The basic rules of running for weight loss
- How to tune in to running in the morning
- Weight Loss Jogger
- How to choose the type of run to lose weight
- Weekly Running Program: Table
- How to maintain motivation for useful runs
- How to strengthen the action of running for weight loss
- When running will only bring harm: contraindications
- Useful videos on how and how much you need to run for weight loss
How running affects the body, its help in losing weight
Running is very useful for losing weight – it has an invigorating effect on the body as a whole, improves the state of blood vessels, the work of the heart, respiratory system, and strengthens the immune system.
It is important to determine how much you need to run so that the exercises do not have a negative effect on the body.
To begin with, it is recommended to create a training table and try to follow it as much as possible.
According to experts, daily running activates the production of endorphins – hormones that help improve mood.
Regular jogging has the following positive effects:
- increase human stamina;
- Improve recovery functions, thereby increasing efficiency;
- cleanse the body of excessive accumulations of toxins and harmful substances;
- normalize the functioning of the nervous system and prevent the development of stress;
- have a positive effect on the mental abilities of the individual.
Due to its effectiveness, running is a popular way to get rid of extra pounds , it affects all muscles and accelerates the breakdown of sugars accumulated in the body.
An ideal activity involves alternating jogging with sprinting. In this case, excess fat continues to be burned for several hours after the end of the workout.
Note! Experts do not recommend jogging to people who have problems with their heart or blood vessels. In case of deterioration of the general condition or exacerbation of chronic diseases, you must immediately stop this exercise and undergo a medical examination.
How much do you need to run to lose weight
To get the maximum effect from running for weight loss, you need to determine how much you need to run and make a table in which progress in achieving the goal will be noted. This will help to develop discipline and monitor the progress of training.
The number of pounds lost directly depends on the athlete’s physical fitness.
The minimum amount of excess weight goes to the stage of initial physical preparation. The first time of training should not exceed 30 minutes , in the future they increase to a time comfortable for each individual person, depending on the individual characteristics of the body.
At first, it is recommended to give preference to jogging – this sport helps to strengthen muscles and effectively fights excess fat.
Having prepared the body, you should proceed to interval running , since the alternation of walking, sprinting and jogging have the maximum effect in the fight against excess weight.
Consider how many hours should be spent to lose a certain number of pounds, in the form of a table.
Running for weight loss, how much you need to run
|Running time||Weight lost|
|The average training time can range from 15 to 19 hours. The duration of each workout is at least 30 minutes||2 pounds and more|
|Total running time from 93 to 96 hours. It is recommended to practice at least 3 times a week, each workout lasting from half an hour to an hour||11 pounds and more|
|Duration of runs from 180 to 190 hours, on average, the duration of the course from 4 months or more. At this stage, it is recommended to increase the training duration to one and a half hours||From 22 pounds|
|The total duration of the main exercise is increased to 350 hours, the ideal training time is one and a half hours. In the absence of contraindications, you should switch to 5-day classes||44 pounds and more|
Each workout should begin with a mandatory warm-up, to warm up the muscles, and end with calm walking, which will bring breathing to normal.
Accelerate the achievement of the desired result will help proper nutrition and good rest. In addition to jogging, additional physical activities are recommended, such as swimming, aerobics, cycling, jumping rope.
It is important to remember: excessive stress can adversely affect the general well-being and lead to injuries. An individual load plan should be drawn up, in case of sensation of overvoltage and deterioration of well-being, it is necessary to adjust the number and volume of training.
In the absence of contraindications, the maximum training duration should not exceed 3 hours . Also, do not engage in more than 5 days a week – this can lead to depletion of the body.
Do not miss
the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
The basic rules of running for weight loss
The main principles, adhering to which the result will be noticeable in the shortest possible time – regularity of classes, an acceptable duration of training, diet or proper nutrition.
For maximum effect, it is important to observe the following rules:
- Morale. Running for weight loss is important to exercise in high spirits. It is necessary to determine in advance how much you need to run in each training session and make a table of classes for a week or a month.
- Heart rate control. For initial training, it is recommended to use a heart rate monitor. The normal heart rate can range from 100 to 120 beats per minute.
- The choice of place and time. Preference should be given to parks located as far as possible from the roads. They retain pure oxygen – this increases the benefits of running. A favorable time for running, everyone chooses for himself. Classes in the morning bring the body into tone and energize for the whole day, and daytime jogging helps to strengthen all muscle groups more quickly. In turn, evening workouts will help to cope with an excess of calories accumulated during the day.
- The beginning of the lesson. Before you go for a run, you need to carry out a general warm-up, including bends, turns, squats and lunges. This will help to warm up the muscles, protect the joints from damage, prevent sprains and adjust breathing to an acceptable rhythm for running.
- Equipment. The back should be straight, and the gaze fixed in front of you. Do not raise your legs too high, take long steps and swing your torso. In order to avoid excessive load on the spine, when jogging, it is important to lower the leg evenly completely to the entire foot. The body needs to be tilted forward a little, without bending the back, arms should be bent at the elbow joint.
- Proper breathing. During a run, inhalation is carried out by the nose, and exhalation is carried out by the mouth. If breathing starts to go astray, slow down.
- Duration and regularity. A beginner should begin classes with half an hour, gradually increasing the duration and pace of runs. To achieve a positive effect, it is important to adhere to the regularity of training – you should run every day or every other day, depending on physical capabilities and the desired result.
- Sports uniforms. Things should not tighten the body and constrain movements, and shoes should be chosen loose and soft soled – sneakers can best suit.
- Nutrition. Eating is carried out 2 hours before the start of the workout and not earlier than an hour after its end. To achieve this goal, it is necessary to exclude from the diet fried and fatty foods, semi-finished products, flour and confectionery. Nutrition must be complete and balanced, the diet must include lean meat, fish and dairy products, as well as vegetables and fruits. Drink at least 0,5 gallon of pure still water without additives daily.
Note! What kind of run to choose to lose weight, how much to run, a table with what volumes of work is effective, is selected individually for each person. If such questions are difficult, you should seek help from a practicing trainer.
How to tune in to running in the morning
To tune in for a morning run, you should adhere to the following principles:
- Motivated and correct awakening. Before starting training, it is necessary to identify clear goals and the time for which they must be achieved. It is important to develop the habit of drinking a glass of warm water daily on an empty stomach and half an hour after that you can go for a run. If fasting exercises cause inconvenience, you should divide the usual breakfast into two parts: eat a banana or a portion of cottage cheese before a workout, and eat more dense food after running.
- Occupation. Before starting the main exercise, it is important to do a small workout for all muscle groups. Jogging is carried out in comfortable clothes, to raise the mood it is recommended to engage in stimulating music. At the end of the run, you can not stop immediately – you need to switch to normal walking in order to normalize breathing.
- The end of the workout. For the final awakening and increase skin tone, it is recommended to take a contrast shower after each workout.
It is important to pre-plan the run for weight loss, how much you need to run, the lesson table should be stable and progressive increase in loads.
Weight Loss Jogger
An important choice of sportswear and suitable shoes to perform this exercise. First of all, you should take a responsible approach to choosing sneakers – uncomfortable shoes will shorten the duration of your workout and can lead to back problems .
Note! Pain in the foot after training indicates the need to change shoes.
In turn, the main feature by which to choose clothes is convenience and lack of stiffness of movements. It is recommended to use things made of lightweight, moisture-permeable material.
How to choose the type of run to lose weight
Running for weight loss is divided into several types , how much you need to run in each of them to achieve a result – you can determine by compiling a performance table.
|Type of run||Recommendations|
|Jogging||The most ineffective in the fight against excess weight – subcutaneous fat begins to burn after an hour of such an exercise. Good for beginner athletes and for cardio workouts.|
|Interval Run||The maximum effect can be achieved by alternating every 492’1 foot of fast and slow running with normal walking. It has an effective result in the issue of losing weight|
|Speed running alternating with wa
|This alternation helps to normalize breathing, so that the body becomes more resilient and increases the duration of the run. Effectively combats excess body fat|
Bad weather is not a reason for refusing sports. If it is not possible to exercise in the fresh air, you should give preference to training on a treadmill.
Not being able to exercise on the simulator, it is recommended to practice running on the spot.
Such a run is divided into the following two types:
- With jumps. The floor should be touched only by the arch of the foot, after which jumping is done and the leg changes.
- No hops. The leg moves from heel to toe while running. It is advisable to raise the knees to the maximum parallel with the floor.
Running on the spot also involves warming up. During the lesson, it is necessary to alternate walking with the selected type of exercise, the duration of the exercise should be at least half an hour.
Weekly Running Program: Table
For beginners, in addition to understanding how running for weight loss affects the body, how much you need to run, a table that includes a jogging program for the first week is simply necessary . She will help to become disciplined and develop a habit.
|Day||The essence of the lesson|
|Saturday||Warm up for at least 5 minutes. Half of the training is carried out by jogging, the second half is a quiet walk. Duration no more than half an hour|
|Sunday||Short workout. 492’1 foot jogging alternate with 164 foot sprint. It is important to observe the correct breathing. The duration of the lesson is half an hour, after every 10 minutes it is necessary to switch to walking for several minutes|
|Monday||Output. It should be done at home to warm up all muscle groups|
|Tuesday||Mandatory workout. Interval run lasting 40 minutes – 656’2 foot jogging, 328’1 foot sprint. 2 minutes walk|
|Wednesday||Warm up. The main training – for 45 minutes you need to alternate jogging and brisk walking.|
|Thursday||Recreation. Half-hour stretching exercises at home|
|Friday||Warm up. 45 minutes of interval running – 656’2 foot jogging, 492’1 foot sprint.|
A weekly training will prepare the body for further studies, develop a habit and show the first results.
It is important to remember: jogging time can be increased or decreased, depending on how you feel during your workout.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
How to maintain motivation for useful runs
The main motivation is the visible result , the desire to increase and consolidate it. An individually created training schedule will perfectly help with this, in which you should enter the weekly results achieved through the exercise for weight loss. How much you need to run – the table helps to determine this indicator.
It is worth introducing a system of rewards – for achieving the desired result on time, you can purchase the necessary thing or make an indulgence in the daily diet. The main thing is not to overdo it, so as not to regain the lost weight.
We should not forget about making changes in the number of workouts, their time and loads in cases of poor health.
How to strengthen the action of running for weight loss
If training does not lead to the expected effect, you should:
- choose a more comfortable sports uniform and shoes;
- increase the duration of runs;
- review the daily diet, eliminate harmful foods, reduce servings;
- monitor the correct implementation of exercises and running techniques.
Auxiliary products for women, which can enhance the effect and help in the fight against the orange peel – wraps, professional creams and gels. There are several effective wraps that, together with regular running, will help get rid of cellulite.
These include the following:
- Procedure using blue clay. The purchased product must be diluted following the attached instructions, after which the resulting mixture must be applied to problem areas and wrapped with a film. Next, thermal underwear is put on and a run is carried out. Upon returning home, it is important to thoroughly wash away the remains in the shower.
- Coffee wraps. A recycled coffee product is used. On pre-steamed problem areas of the skin, apply coffee grounds, wrap in a film and put on tight clothing. In the described form, you need to perform a scheduled run, take a shower upon returning home.
When running will only bring harm: contraindications
After deciding to make running for weight loss in your daily life, having decided how much you need to run and having compiled the optimal table of the training course, you should not forget about the possible negative consequences and existing contraindications.
Do not forget that running is an intense sport , during which there is a strong load on the heart, joints and muscles, as well as on the body as a whole.
If there is at least one of the contraindications, you should refuse to engage in this sport or start training only with the consent of the doctor.
The main contraindications include the following:
- improper blood circulation;
- lung diseases
- serious spinal problems;
- chronic diseases, with a tendency to sharp exacerbation;
- heart disease;
- varicose veins;
- endocrine dysfunction;
- pathological disorders of the musculoskeletal system;
- angina pectoris and tachycardia;
- a stroke or myocardial infarction.
You should not exercise during a cold, with poor health and a feeling of general weakness in the body.
If you have the described diseases or if you feel unwell during jogging, you should consult a doctor regarding examination and consultation, otherwise running can aggravate existing diseases and cause the body more harm than good.
Regular jogging is a great way to lose weight, improve your mood and gain confidence.
Authorship: Tatyana Markina
Useful videos on how and how much you need to run for weight loss
How to run properly to lose weight – recommendations for beginners:
Running for weight loss. How much to run, table, recommendations of a professional trainer: