Often in a women’s cosmetic bag there are medications that can significantly help in caring for the appearance. Among them was heparin ointment, used in the treatment of vascular pathology and relief of inflammatory processes on the skin. For cosmetic purposes, the drug can be used to eliminate signs of facial skin aging.
- Description of the drug
- Release form and price
- Composition and active substance
- pharmachologic effect
- Indications for use
- Instructions for use
- Heparin face ointment
- Wrinkles on the face
- From crow’s feet, wrinkles around the eyes
- Against bruises and bags under the eyes
- From swelling on the skin of the face
- For problem skin, for acne
- With rosacea and bruising
- From age spots
- Duration of use of heparin ointment
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Precautionary measures
- Side effects
- Shelf life and storage conditions
- Pharmacy Vacation Terms
- Reviews of patients using heparin ointment for the face
- Expert opinion on the use of the drug in cosmetology
- Video about the use of heparin ointment in cosmetology
Description of the drug
Heparin ointment is a drug that has a pronounced antithrombotic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. Due to the pharmacological effect, the product can be successfully applied to the face for cosmetic purposes.
Release form and price
The drug is made in the form of a thick white ointment of a uniform consistency. The substance is odorless. It is packaged in tubes of aluminum, with a volume of 10 or 25 g, and placed in individual cardboard packaging.
The average cost of 1 package is about $ 1,36.
Composition and active substance
Heparin ointment has a combined composition with several active ingredients.
Active substances and their concentration in 1 g of the drug:
- heparin – 0.1 g;
- benzyl nicotinate – 0.8 mg;
- benzocaine – 0.04 g.
- petroleum jelly;
- distilled water;
- stearic acid;
- Peach oil.
The effect of the drug is due to its main components:
- Heparin has a blood thinning effect. It reduces the concentration of fibrin, a component of the blood that serves as the basis for blood clots. With a decrease in its level, the ability of platelets to “connect” with each other and clog vessels decreases. In addition to the antithrombotic effect, heparin suppresses inflammation, reduces swelling.
- Benzyl nicotinate increases vascular patency, contributing to the rapid penetration of heparin into the blood.
- Benzocaine is an effective local painkiller. Penetrating into the blood, eliminates pain and a feeling of heaviness in the affected area.
The release of heparin takes a lot of time. Benzyl nicotinate significantly accelerates this process.
Indications for use
List of diseases that heparin ointment helps to get rid of:
- phlebitis (a condition caused by improper insertion of a needle or catheter into a vein);
- varicose veins;
- post-traumatic edema or hyperemia;
- trophic ulcer;
- swelling caused by improper administration of the drug into the gluteal muscle.
The drug can be used by women during pregnancy and lactation in the described conditions.
Therapy of this category of patients with heparin ointment is also indicated for:
- mastitis during lactation;
- swelling of the upper and lower extremities.
Heparin ointment is prescribed for children in the following conditions:
- post-injection seals and bruising;
- bruises and swelling of the soft tissues;
- post-traumatic bruises.
Instructions for use
- Therapy of phlebitis and thrombophlebitis of the upper veins: the inflamed areas are covered with a thin layer of ointment, which must be rubbed until completely absorbed. For the affected area with a diameter of 1’2 – 2 inch should be used -1 g of funds. Processing is carried out up to 3 times a day. The duration of therapy is 3-7 days. The duration of use of the drug is up to 10 days.
- Therapy for varicose veins gives the best results in the initial stage of the disease. Affected areas should be treated 3 times a day. To do this, apply the ointment with a thin layer and leave until self-absorbing. It is not recommended to usd the medicine for varicose veins. The duration of the therapeutic course is about 14 days.
- Treatment of hematomas and bruises: a thin layer of heparin ointment is applied to the place of the bruise or hematoma. It is necessary to usd it with light movements into the skin. Duration of treatment: up to 14 days. In practice, hematomas disappear after 2-4 days of using the ointment.
Heparin face ointment
Heparin ointment for face in cosmetology is used to eliminate some aesthetic skin defects:
- bags under the eyes;
- acne and blackheads.
Positive results from the use of the drug for cosmetic purposes are explained by the content of heparin in it, the therapeutic properties of which are able to rejuvenate the upper layers of the skin.
The combined composition of the drug has several effects on the skin of the face:
- eliminates inflammation;
- normalizes blood circulation;
- starts the process of renewal of skin cells;
- accelerates metabolic processes;
- improves the supply of beneficial trace elements to skin cells;
- frees cells from unnecessary elements;
- gives a healthy color to the skin;
- improves skin elasticity;
- aligns the oval of the face;
- tightens pores;
- reduces the severity of age spots.
Before applying heparin ointment on the face, a test should be performed for allergic reactions in the wrist or elbow. To do this, apply a little drug to the specified area. If within 30 minutes no unpleasant symptoms, redness, burning or itching appear on the skin, then you can use the product on the face.
Wrinkles on the face
Heparin ointment for face in cosmetology is used as an anti-aging agent. The effect is explained by the presence of natural ingredients in the base: peach extract, glycerin and petroleum jelly.
The drug increases the patency of blood vessels, enhancing the nutrition of cells with oxygen . Vaseline and glycerin saturate the skin with moisture from the inside, which also helps in eliminating age-related changes.
Rules for using heparin ointment on the face:
- Cleanse the skin of cosmetics, dirt and excess sebum.
- Rub a small amount of the drug on the fingers and cover the problem areas of the face with a thin layer.
- With light massage movements “drive” the product into the skin.
- Remove excess ointment with a dry cloth.
Apply the ointment in the morning and evening.
use of heparin ointment with cosmetic anti-aging agents is recommended. The drug will enhance the effects of anti-aging agents.
You can not use the drug on sensitive skin. To mitigate the effects of heparin, it is necessary to mix it with the usual anti-aging cosmetic product. 2 tablespoon Cream needs about 1 g of heparin ointment. A visible effect occurs after 2-3 weeks of using the drug.
A home-made mask will help smooth wrinkles and fill the skin with nutrients:
- Mix heparin ointment with cottage cheese in a ratio of 1: 1.
- Grind the mixture until smooth.
- Place the mass on the face, massage the skin for 15 minutes.
- Leave the mask for exposure for another 15-20 minutes.
- Wash face with plenty of soap and water.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
From crow’s feet, wrinkles around the eyes
The combined composition of the drug eliminates facial wrinkles. The components present in the ointment improve skin nutrition and actively moisturize it. The drug accelerates cell renewal processes, restores skin structure.
To smooth facial wrinkles, apply the drug in a thin layer on problem areas of the skin, excluding the product on the mucous membranes. Beauticians recommend using alternately heparin ointment and cosmetic preparations based on natural ingredients.
Wrinkles in the orbital zone will help get rid of compresses with heparin.
|Dried herbs – chamomile and calendula;
2 tablespoon heparin ointment;
0,3 gallon of boiling water
Dampen a sterile bandage or clean cloth with the resulting solution and apply to the eyes for a quarter of an hour. Tincture can be stored in the refrigerator, no more than 2 days.
Against bruises and bags under the eyes
The drug helps to reduce bags and dark circles in the orbital zone and is recommended for use to get rid of traces of fatigue. To do this, use light tapping movements to apply the product on the skin around the eyes in the direction from the inner corner to the outer one. Use the tool in this area can be no more than 1 time per day.
To enhance the effect before applying the ointment, it is recommended to use a homemade mask:
- mix 1 tablespoon wheat bran with 1 tablespoon rosehip extract;
- add a few drops of nettle tincture;
- apply a mask to the skin under the eyes;
- After half an hour, rinse with warm water.
The skin in the orbital is too sensitive, so the procedure should be carried out with extreme caution. Contact with the drug can provoke inflammation of the mucous membrane.
From swelling on the skin of the face
Due to the ability of heparin ointment to enhance blood circulation and lymph outflow, it eliminates soft tissue swelling. Compresses with heparin can eliminate edema. For their manufacture, it is necessary to apply the drug to a piece of clean bandage or cosmetic sponge.
Apply the product to the affected area. Soak for 30 minutes, rinse off the rest of the product with warm soapy water. Visible effect occurs after 5-7 days of use.
For problem skin, for acne
Heparin ointment for face in cosmetology can be used to eliminate acne. To do this, you need to apply the ointment in a small amount on rashes. It is not recommended to usd the product into the skin. Treat rashes 3 times a day.
Therapy is recommended in spring or autumn, when the activity of the Sun is minimal. Acne and acne disappear after a week of continuous use.
The drug is able to eliminate only those acne and rashes that were formed due to the presence of inflammation.
The recipe for a home mask for acne prone skin:
- ? grate part of the cucumber and add a little heparin ointment to it.
- Apply the product evenly on the face.
- After 15 minutes, rinse with room temperature water.
The mask is suitable for combination and oily skin types.
With rosacea and bruising
To get rid of rosacea or bruising on the face, you need to treat problem areas of the skin with a translucent layer of the drug. Do not massage the treated area or usd the drug. You need to leave it until completely absorbed. Processing is recommended up to 3 times a day. The effect is manifested on the 3rd day of applying the ointment.
From age spots
To get rid of excessive pigmentation, you need to treat the stain with a thin layer of ointment, going slightly beyond its contours. Treatment of the affected area is necessary 2 times a day.
For best results, apply natural yogurt over the ointment. This product has the ability to whiten skin. Wash off the fermented milk product after 10-15 minutes.
Duration of use of heparin ointment
In cosmetology, heparin ointment is used in courses of 2-5 weeks. The duration of use depends on the problem that needs to be solved and the condition of the patient. At the end of the
cycle of use, you need to take a break of 1-2 months, after which you can repeat the course of therapy.
Heparin ointment can be replaced with another medicine with a similar active component:
|Drug name||Active substances||Medical use||Use in cosmetology||Release form and price|
|Hepatrombin||Heparin, Dexpanthenol, Allantoite||Used to block inflammatory processes and slow the formation of blood clots||The concentration of heparin is several times higher than in heparin ointment, so the drug is not used for cosmetic purposes||Ointment and gel. The cost of a tube of 20 g varies in the range of $ 2 – $ 5|
|Lyoton||Heparin||It is used in the treatment of thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, phlebitis, and relief of inflammation||Due to the too high concentration of heparin, the drug is used for cosmetic purposes by adding to grooming masks. Most effective against dark circles under the eyes.||The volume of one package is 30-100 g. The price range is $ 3 – $ 11|
|Venitan||Heparin beta escin||Recommended as a therapy for vascular diseases and prevention of scarring||Application is possible after consultation with a cosmetologist||50 g of the drug costs about $ 2 – $ 3|
Advantages and disadvantages
The drug has a number of positive and negative qualities.
|Pros means||Cons of the drug|
|Beneficial effect on blood circulation and skin condition improvement||The risk of allergic reactions|
|The ability of the drug to affect several cosmetic defects||Ointment can harm sensitive skin.|
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
To reduce the likelihood of side effects, you must follow the precautions when using heparin ointment for other purposes:
- Before use, study the list of contraindications and consult a doctor.
- Test for allergic reactions.
- Do not use the ointment during therapy with other blood thinners.
- Use the drug with caution in people with oily skin prone to comedones.
- It is not recommended to continuously use heparin ointment on the face.
- Exclude the use of an expired drug.
- Before applying the care product, you must wait until the drug is completely absorbed.
Following these precautions minimizes the risk of complications.
If used improperly, negative reactions of the body can occur.
They appear in the form of:
- occurrence of burning or itching immediately after application;
- flushing of the skin;
- ruptures of subcutaneous capillaries, which are manifested by the formation of bruising;
- dryness and peeling of the skin;
- allergic rashes;
- comedones (formed due to exceeding the recommended dosage);
- the appearance of the vascular network;
- swelling of the treated surfaces.
If adverse effects occur, stop using the ointment. If side effects persist, seek medical attention.
Heparin ointment for the face in cosmetology is not shown to everyone.
You can not use the tool in the following conditions:
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- low platelet concentration in the blood;
- predisposition to allergies;
- the presence of open wounds on the skin;
- pathology of the hematopoietic system;
- children under the age of 14;
- excessive permeability of blood vessels.
It is necessary to use the drug with caution in the presence of spider veins on the face.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The shelf life of heparin ointment is 2 years from the date of manufacture, after which the drug must be disposed of. Do not allow the drug to heat above 35,6 – 41°F. Keep away from sunlight. Exclude access of children and animals to the product.
Pharmacy Vacation Terms
Heparin ointment is dispensed from pharmacies without a medical prescription.
Reviews of patients using heparin ointment for the face
The network is predominantly predominantly positive reviews regarding the use of heparin ointment for the face for cosmetic purposes. Patients of different age categories note an imp
rovement in skin condition as soon as possible.
They note the equalization of complexion, the elimination of edema and bags under the eyes. It is indicated that heparin ointment does not eliminate deep wrinkles, but is able to smooth out small and facial folds. People using acne medicine have noted its high effectiveness. All indicate the onset of visual effect after 5-7 days of using the product.
Not all reviews left online by patients are positive. Negative opinions indicate the absence of the described effect of the use of the drug. Dissatisfied patients noted severe redness of the skin and its itching. Negative reviews are caused by an allergic reaction to the drug.
Expert opinion on the use of the drug in cosmetology
The opinions of doctors regarding the use of heparin for cosmetic purposes were equally divided. Some experts argue that the use of medicines not for their intended purpose is impractical, and sometimes can be a threat to health.
Others believe that the drug can help fight wrinkles, due to its effect on blood flow and metabolic processes, which are the cause of aging of the skin.
Beauticians claim that heparin is able to cope with the manifestations of skin aging. However, to achieve the desired effect, they recommend combining the drug with professional cosmetic products.
Heparin ointment is an affordable drug that improves blood flow and tissue nutrition. It can be used in cosmetology to eliminate signs of facial skin aging. Numerous reviews prove the effectiveness of the drug.
Video about the use of heparin ointment in cosmetology
Heparin ointment for eyes and face skin: