The elegant frame of the nail emphasizes the elegance of the hand, gives a clear completeness to the design. French on nails refers precisely to such types. The variety of photos of 2021 novelties, patterns and forms based on the French jacket, including white, allows you to apply this manicure technique both in everyday life and in the case of preparing for festive events.
White with black . This color combination looks very stylish.
There are many types of nail art:
- Chess board;
- black tip with white peas, or vice versa;
- piano keys;
- abstract drawings;
- the use of stones, lace, etc.
As an option, in a white-black jacket, the base for the nail is white varnish, and the tip of the nail is covered with black varnish. Such a manicure looks peculiar and is a bold, unusual solution.
Here is an example of step-by-step creation of a
design using a combination of monochrome colors in a French manicure:
- The entire area of the nail plate is covered with a transparent varnish creamy pink. Wait for it to dry.
- The tip of the plate is highlighted in white. Wait for it to dry.
- Using a brush, leave 2 drops of dark polish on a smile, connect the drops to each other, giving them a heart shape. Repeat this pattern all over the white edge.
- Allocate the French border with a silver liner.
- At the base of the nail, a strip is drawn with a colorless varnish and 3 rhinestones are glued in a line: a larger rhinestone is placed in the center.
- Apply a protective layer.
White with red . This combination looks solemn, elegant even if the design option is simple – the usual smile line of one of the red shades on a white background, and vice versa. The combination of white and red in New Year’s manicure looks colorful in nail art. With a good choice of a red shade, such a jacket is perfectly combined with any clothes.
Too much white on the nails extended in width will visually make them even shorter and expand them.
The predominance of shades of red, on the contrary, will help to divert attention from the errors and shortcomings of manicure.
Judging by the photo, one of the novelties of 2021 was a white jacket on nails in pastel colors. The main idea of light nail art is naturalness. Pastel colors are soft, delicate, calm. They look great on short and long nails. French manicure made using white and pastel colors will help out a woman in a business setting when a bright, catchy manicure is inappropriate.
Reverse jacket – when the entire nail is covered in one color, and the hole is made out in a different shade.
Detailed instructions on how to perform such a service on your own:
- A hot bath should be made for the hands, then you need to remove the cuticle, shape the nails.
- Then they distribute the base under the varnish, let it dry.
- They attach a special stencil or stickers for a french to the nails. They should be glued so that between the edge of the nail plate and the sticker there is a crescent-shaped distance.
- The nail is covered with the selected shade of varnish. Waiting for complete drying.
- Then, the sticker is peeled off and the remaining unpainted part of the nail is carefully painted with a different color. Allow to dry.
- Fix the result with colorless varnish.
When creating a reverse jacket, you can select various designs. For example, to select a hole not as a crescent, but as a triangle, you can draw several crescents on the surface – at the bottom of the nail and in the middle of the nail plate.
The reverse jacket visually makes the nails shorter, so it is best done on long nails. Pearlescent and matte varnishes are not recommended.
Lunar French – a design in which white varnish is applied at the base of the nail. Lunar French visually lengthens the nail plate, makes the fingers thinner, so the female hand looks more elegant.
- For coating use two varnishes of different colors – white and any other.
- The basis of the manicure is white, and the hole in the nail plate is highlighted with a contrasting shade, or vice versa, the nail is covered with a bright contrasting base, and the hole is made in white.
- To highlight the boundaries of the holes, use a thin brush or a stencil for French manicure.
One of the options for the lunar French is a technique called “negative space.” The design principle is to apply colored varnish to the nail on only part of the nail. Another part remains a natural color, covered with colorless varnish.
The novelties of the French jacket in 2021 include a lateral French manicure, the photos of which show that it is not necessary to use only white color on the nails.
The essence of this type of manicure is to apply strips on the sides of the nail plate or to draw a smile from the side of the nail. To get even strips, you can use adhesive tape.
For example, you can make such a design – paint your nails with red varnish, and then draw even stripes on the sides.
For short nails
Manicure on short nails looks natural, it is practical and convenient. French on short nails looks advantageous, because gives nails a noble look, visually lengthens.
In the jacket on short nails, the smile line is especially important. It should be no wider than 4/32 inch, otherwise such a jacket will have an absurd appearance (a too wide line will visually shorten a short nail).
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
With ombre effect
The ombre effect is a smooth gradual transition of one tone of varnish to another, suitable for nails of any length.
- The transition from da
rk varnish to a light shade on each nail, for example, from pink to dark red.
- The transition of one color of varnish to another contrasting, for example, from yellow to lilac.
- Moving shades from one nail to another. You can use similar shades of the same color or contrasting colors.
Unlike ordinary French manicure, the jacket with ombre has a smooth border of color, it is almost imperceptible. The application technique is also different – with a sponge or a sponge with patting movements.
Kamifubuki is a decor consisting of thin metal plates of various sizes and colors. Usually they are in the form of circles of 3 similar color shades and 3 sizes, but can be in the form of stars, rhombuses, ovals, hearts, etc.
Kamifubuki help ordinary french make festive. They look spectacular and elegant.
Camifubuki on the French can:
- mount randomly or orderly;
- apply side by side, at a distance from each other, apply large to small ones, or vice versa;
- make a “gradient” – there is a lot of confetti on one edge of the nail, but almost none on the other.
Broken glass is a nail art resembling shards of glass. This design is suitable for summer nail designs, as it shimmers beautifully in the sun.
Options for French with broken glass:
- Glass manicure on two or one nail, and the rest is a usual jacket.
- “Shards” on the line of a smile, expand it.
- The combination of the two previous options – on some nails they make a traditional smile, and on the rest they spread it with “scraps” of foil or cellophane.
An important feature of broken glass is that there is no need to use a stencil and repeat the pattern.
French made with gel polish has a long sock – 3-4 weeks.
Materials needed to create a jacket with gel polish:
- Degreaser for the nail plate.
- Base coat for gel polish.
- Gel polish is white and transparent.
- Fixing gel coating finish.
- The sticky layer remover.
- LED lamp for drying gel polish.
- Flat wide brush.
Before using gel polish, it is necessary to process the nails – remove the cuticle, shape the nails, polish the nails. Without processing, the gel will lie unevenly and begin to exfoliate.
Gel Polish technology step by step:
- Apply a primer (for degreasing the nail plate). It immediately evaporates, collecting droplets of moisture and fat.
- Distribute the base with a thin layer, dry for 30 s in a lamp.
- The first layer of a transparent gel is applied, dried in a lamp. A smile is painted on the edge of the nail with white gel polish (with a wide brush). Sent to dry in a lamp.
- Fix all the finish means. It is better to apply it in 2 thin layers (each needs to be dried in a lamp).
- Remove the sticky layer.
Recommendation: to keep the manicure longer, do not wash your hands for an hour after finishing work on the manicure.
Matte French can be made in 2 versions: matte with a shiny tip, or vice versa.
- Cover the nail plate with the base. Wait until it dries.
- Spread the varnish with a matte effect with a brush and allow it to dry.
- With the help of a stencil, the edge is separated along the smile line, covered with colorless varnish, and even better with a top (so the manicure will last longer).
- They give the coating a little to dry, with a sharp movement, remove the stencil, dry it.
A matte jacket will look good if you choose varnishes of dark and saturated colors to create it.
French on nails (photo 2021 – new items – white manicure is widely presented) in the wedding version will emphasize the solemnity of the moment, in contrast to the classic French. It can be varied with images that look like patterns on a dress. If the dress is without patterns and embroidery, then you can make an abstract.
The design with shiny overflows will perfectly combine with rhinestones on the corset or in the bride’s hairstyle. You can stone the border between the basic shade and a smile. Wedding manicure looks better on long nails, it is recommended to increase short ones.
Making a jacket on nails (photo 2021 news), a white background is combined with a wide variety of patterns. An important rule is the harmony of the selected pattern with the foundation of French manicure. Simple scenes can be applied to each nail. Large, complex drawings should only be drawn on the middle or ring fingers.
- Stripes. Suitable for business style. You can make clear lines on the pastel background (straight or curved).
- Points. French with dots looks interesting, they can be made black, multi-colored, white or metallic. Points are applied by dots or a regular toothpick. For the basis of bright color, white or black specks are suitable.
- Framework. Nails are framed by frames of dark color. You can make a frame not on all nails, but on one or two.
- French with a drawing in a nautical theme is a great option for summer design. You can draw a starfish, a helm, anchors, seagulls, or anything else associated with the sea.
- For a jacket with a winter design, white monograms, images of snowflakes, a snowman, etc. are suitable.
- Autumn jacket may differ in patterns of leaves, raindrops, etc. This design uses bronze and copper colors.
- Spring French. Suitable in the style of blooming flower buds.
With rhinestones decor
For design with rhinestones, it is necessary that the nails are slightly longer than usual, otherwise this option will look defiant.
Methods of fixing rhinestones:
- Easy method. Rhinestones will last no more than 2 days. The finished design is passed on top with a clear transparent varnish and rhinestones are immediately applied. To fix, varnish is again coated.
- Rhinestones are attached to glue for nails. Take very little glue. Until the glue dries, it is necessary to fix the rhinestones with tweezers to avoid slipping. The disadvantage of this method is time-consuming.
- A reliable method is with gel polish. First, a layer of gel polish is applied, and then rhinestones are applied on top. Allow to dry (use a UV lamp). Apply another uniform layer of gel polish to the area around the rhinestone.
French with rhinestones removes the need to use bright accessories that make the perception of the image more difficult. Massive rings and bracelets will be superfluous.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
Fan-French – decoration of the tip of the nail with a variety of design elements. It is done with paints or acrylic. A variety of materials are used for design: dried flowers, foil, feathers, mica, etc. The difference from the French classic manicure is the color scheme.
Note! In this kind of jacket, only the overgrown edge of the nail should be decorated, its main part is not decorated.
With gold and silver
Silver and gold can be realized on the nail in the form of foil, hologram, sand, slides. To get a French manicure with silver sand, you need to do a regular jacket, make a layer of transparent varnish and pour a small amount of silver on the desired part of the nail. Then the excess sand is blown away, and the nail is covered with a layer of colorless varnish.
French with gold looks richer. But it’s important not to overdo it – too many gold sparkles look vulgar. An advantageous combination of colors – black and gold.
Technique for applying black and gold jacket:
- Nails are treated. Cover each nail with an even layer of black polish.
- Wait until the varnish becomes dense. Stick the stickers for the jacket.
- Apply golden varnish to the edge of the plate.
French on nails (photo 2021 new items) white plain can also be. If the jacket is plain, then different textures are used in the design: matte and glossy.
Examples of combination of textures:
- The base is glossy + matte edge.
- Sparkling tip + matte base.
- The base is velvet + pearly tip.
French millennium – closer to the edge, the nail is laid out with sparkles, micro-dust, shiny varnishes. In this case, the nail plate should be a natural shade.
Spangles (the more they are, the better) and micro dust should be dense so that the edge of the nail through them does not shine through. For fixing, a transparent colorless varnish is used.
Twist French – the tips of the nail are covered with several lines of different colors. Strips can be placed in any direction: diagonally, vertically, horizontally.
There are no restrictions on the colors of the free edge of the nail, but the rest of the nail plate should be a natural shade.
Ways to create a steel jacket:
- The edge is varnished in a metallic shade (in 2 layers). After drying, it is necessary to cover it with a still colorless varnish (to fix the staining).
- A thermal film is used to create a perfectly smooth, smooth surface. Templates of the desired shape are cut from the film (thermal), which are kept for no more than 5 minutes in the lamp before use. Then gently lay them on the edge of the nail, gently pressing, counting down a few seconds. Remove excess with forceps, a file or remove with a blade. After that, using a paper towel, align the film on the tip of the nail.
Lace french can be done in different ways: to stick a lace cloth; apply art painting, stickers (special). Lace is combined with a background of various colors.
When performing lace french on all nails, a smile can be made in the form of a lace ribbon extending along the edge of the nail. This smile can be wide – up to a third of the nail. Lace can also be applied to the center or base of the nail.
The geometric option involves applying a geometric plot to the French. There are many options for such a pattern: contrasting lines on one-color varnish; dividing the plate into asymmetric sectors or equal; different line trajectories – along, across, diagonally, etc.
One of the ways to create geometric nail design: drawing on the nails of figures in the fo
rm of rhombuses, squares, triangles, etc., cut from paper tape.
This adhesive tape seals the space of the edge of the nail on which the selected color will not be applied, and varnish is applied to the remaining space. Classic French manicure does not go out of style for a long time. Confirmation of this is the variety of photos of novelties of the French jacket in 2021, where white color prevails on the nails.
Creative French manicure video tutorials
Master class of a gentle jacket with a hole for herself:
Video lesson of French manicure on short nails with rhinestones and usd: