Beauticians give preference to dehydrated, well-cleaned of impurities special cosmetic paraffin, since it is he who is able to keep heat well and have a therapeutic effect on the skin of the hands, legs, face and other parts of the body.
It is recommended to conduct paraffin therapy sessions aimed at skin rejuvenation at least once every 3 months. Over time, it will be noticeable that the skin noticeably tightened, began to look younger and fresher, and wrinkles became less noticeable.
- What is paraffin. His views
- Paraffin therapy – what is it How is paraffin used in cosmetology
- What paraffin is needed, and where to buy it
- Hand paraffin therapy device
- Mittens for paraffin therapy
- How to melt paraffin at home
- Paraffin therapy for hands
- Paraffin bath recipe
- How to apply – procedure
- Paraffin therapy for legs
- Paraffin bath recipe
- How to apply – procedure
- Paraffin therapy for the face
- Paraffin composition recipe
- How to apply – procedure
- Paraffin for hair
- Body paraffin
- Paraffin massage
- Paraffin wrap
- Paraffin cosmetics
- Aravia Professional Cream
- Depileve Cold Paraffin
- Cosmetic paraffin “Sustabin”
- Contraindications to paraffin therapy
- Paraffin therapy video for hands
What is paraffin. His views
Paraffin is a solid that melts at temperatures above 41 – 32°F.
Cosmetic paraffin is fundamentally different from the one made of candles. It is sold in pharmacies, salons or specialty stores.
The most inexpensive is considered paraffin, without the addition of useful components. If you are new to this business, then start looking after your appearance with it.
But if you have the opportunity, it is better to purchase more expensive types of paraffin with various additives.
For example, with extract of aloe and other plants, with cocoa butter, karite, with vitamin supplements. All these types are excellent for paraffin wrapping of hands, feet, face and other parts of the body where there are no contraindications for this procedure.
Repeated use of the same paraffin is not worth it, as it is impregnated with toxins of the human body and becomes unsuitable for reuse.
If you do not follow this rule, you will get only inflammation of the skin, but not a cosmetic effect.
in turn, is divided into various areas, depending on the goal, they determine
it is needed for:
- Cold paraffin has a low melting point, so there is no need to heat it. Apply it mainly for hands.
- Medical paraffin is used for recreational purposes in diseases such as arthritis, trauma, dislocation, and other joint pain.
- The liquid form is used in cosmetology for sensitive skin, with reduced tone, deterioration of complexion and with withering of the epidermis.
Paraffin therapy – what is it How is paraffin used in cosmetology
The procedure is the manufacture and use of a thermal compress on a separate area of the body. Its basis is paraffin preheated to a liquid state.
If you heat solid paraffin to a temperature of 53 degrees, it turns into a warm, viscous mass that quickly overlays the skin, without causing any discomfort and pain.
Do not be afraid to get burned when applying paraffin, since the dermis under a layer of paraffin warms up only 2-3 degrees. Only pleasant warmth will be felt. And during this time, the skin will rejuvenate and become healthier.
Thanks to some additives that many cosmetics manufacturers add, paraffin can serve as a good antiseptic and emollient.
- Eliminates swelling, tightens pores and cleanses them.
- Microstimulation of the dermis is enhanced, due to this, the aging process slows down.
- Blood circulation increases, lymph outflow accelerates, and due to this, toxins are more intensively removed.
- Paraffin with essential oils has a therapeutic effect on damaged skin, strengthens the nail plates, tones the whole body, a person begins to feel better.
- Both the surface layers of the skin and the deeper part of the epidermis are moisturized.
- Due to the greenhouse effect under the paraffin film, there is an update at the cellular level.
- Paraffin therapy can be carried out more than once a week.
- When cooling, paraffin shrinks slightly, while a kind of lifting effect occurs with the skin. Therefore, after the first procedure, you can notice how small wrinkles were smoothed out, and the skin acquired a smooth and healthy appearance.
- In relation to the hands, paraffin therapy restores their muscle tone, due to this, fatigue of the upper extremities is eliminated and pain disappears.
Paraffin therapy is a unique cosmetic procedure. You can apply it to any part of the body where there are skin problems. Most often this is the area of the face, arms and legs. Often carry out anti-cellulite wrap.
What paraffin is needed, and where to buy it
Cosmetic paraffin is sold in pharmacies and specialized cosmetic stores.
It is best to purchase paraffin with various beneficial additives for cosmetic purposes. Such:
- Paraffin with olive oil, aloe vera or peach has the goal of softening the skin.
- To nourish and relieve inflammation, it is better to purchase paraffin with rose oil.
- For joint pain, use a product with additives of lemon, lavender oil or tea tree oil.
Hand paraffin therapy device
There are special devices for paraffin therapy. They are baths that themselves heat paraffin to the desired temperature. After the product is heated, such an electronic bath sets the desired temperature and the paraffin does not cool, remaining all in the same liquid state.
Typically, such devices are used in beauty salons, but increasingly they began to be purchased for home use.
The most popular brands of hand paraffin devices:
- ruNail PS-200;
Mittens for paraffin therapy
Paraffin, getting on the skin, creates a thermal effect. And the beneficial substances contained in it are able to penetrate deep into the epidermis. To preserve the thermal effect, the craftsmen use special mittens. They put them on the hands of customers on top of a special film that covers the applied wax.
Why such mittens are needed is understandable, now it’s worth figuring out when and how to put them on when using paraffin.
This is done in the following sequence:
- The skin on the hands is treated and a disinfectant is applied to it.
- Then the brushes are either lowered into the bath with liquid warm paraffin, or the product is applied with a special spatula.
- Special polyethylene is put on the hands.
- Then mittens are put on the hands.
- The tool holds until cool.
- After removing paraffin, a moisturizer and softener are applied to the hands.
How to melt paraffin at home
For one physiotherapy procedure, an average of 200-300 grams will be needed. paraffin wax. Paraffin is placed in a separate dish – ceramic, enameled or glass. Next, the container is placed in a water bath, where the paraffin is brought to a liquid state. After that, the tool can be used.
You can buy a ready-made apparatus for melting paraffin, which is equipped with the functions of heating and holding the desired temperature. But in the absence of a detailed opportunity, do not despair. Since improvised means can also be done well.
The use of this tool at home will greatly reduce the cost of a woman, as if she went to a beauty salon.
Paraffin therapy for hands
Manual paraffin – for which it is used it is not difficult to guess. It creates a greenhouse effect and helps beneficial substances penetrate the deeper layers of the epidermis.
Using paraffin for hands, you can achieve the following results:
- The skin will become firm and supple.
- Peeling will disappear.
- Struggles with micro cracks.
- Slows down the aging process of the skin.
Paraffin bath recipe
Hand baths with paraffin can have a different direction, it depends on the composition of such a tool. Here are some recipes.
Nutritious bath. This requires paraffin, vitamins A and E, seaweed. The latter are crushed and filled with water. During this time, paraffin is heated and the rest of the ingredients are already added to it. The procedure is carried out once a week. Another effective effect of such a bath is the strengthening of the nail plate.
How to apply – procedure
To rejuvenate your skin, you will need paraffin, potatoes, milk and butter. Make mashed potatoes from boiled potatoes, and then put milk and butter in it. Separately melted paraffin.
First, warm potatoes are superimposed on the hands, hands are wrapped in polyethylene, after 2 minutes they are removed. Then the hands are rinsed with water and smeared with cream. After the hands are lowered into paraffin up to 6 times and hold for 10 seconds. Then a plastic bag is put on his hands, and turns into a towel.
When 20 minutes have passed, the product can be removed. For prevention purposes, the procedure is carried out once a week. In the presence of aging or withered skin, until the complete recovery process, the procedure can be carried out every day for 5 days, but no more.
Paraffin therapy for legs
Paraffin bath recipe
The pharmacy buys a composition for foot baths with paraffin. The product melts and you can lower your legs into it.
It is necessary to control that the temperature of melted paraffin does not exceed 43-45 degrees.
How to apply – procedure
If the paraffin bath cools down, it is necessary to turn on the heating. And so sit for half an hour.
You can do differently in a paraffin preheated to a liquid state, dip a wide brush and spread it on the lower limbs.
On top you need to wear polyethylene and insulated socks. If you wish, you can even go to bed like that, the next morning hardened paraffin is easily removed from the legs.
Before using paraffin, the legs are well washed, and the hardened skin areas are removed from the foot. Then the legs are dried with a towel. After paraffin therapy, the legs are washed again, dried and a nutrient is applied to them.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of funds.
Paraffin therapy for the face
In paraffin warmed up to the required temperature (for what additives are needed in it can be found below), from which face masks are prepared, essential oils are most often added.
Each component of such oils has its own direction. Here are just a few of the beneficial properties of each oil:
- Clove oil fights acne.
- Ylang-ylang rejuvenates the skin.
- Aniseed oil is perfect for sagging skin.
- Mandarin gives the face freshness.
- Rosemary has a restorative effect.
Paraffin composition recipe
With dry skin before using p
araffin, the face is treated with an oil scrub. After that, a moisturizer is applied to it. A gauze is applied to the face, on top of which, paraffin cream is applied.
After that, the face is covered with a towel. Olive or almond oil is added to the melted paraffin.
How to apply – procedure
Wrinkled skin. In heated paraffin, a piece of gauze is wetted and superimposed on a problem area with a quick movement. All this is fixed with a bandage and heat is maintained.
The face is a sensitive area on the human body. Therefore, the heating temperature does not need to try too hard. To check how hot paraffin is, you need to make a small smear on your forehead. If it does not burn, then the product can be confidently applied to the face.
To achieve a better effect, you can apply one paraffin layer to the face, then cover it with a tissue napkin with pre-cut holes for the eyes and nose. Then 2-3 layers of the heated product are applied on top of the gauze.
Paraffin for hair
As a rule, paraffin-based masks are not applied to the hair. But paraffin is part of cosmetic wax. It is required to fix the hairstyle. The presence in cosmetic wax of such a basic component as natural beeswax allows you to nourish your hair, giving it a healthy look.
Using paraffin for the body, you can overcome cellulite and body fat, remove toxins and toxins from the body.
Paraffin masks on the body strengthen and have a relaxing effect. The action of them is like a massage. 5-6 layers of paraffin are applied to problematic skin areas, after which a plastic film and a dense fabric are laid on top of it. In this state, a person is 20-30 minutes.
After this procedure, it is useful to make a wellness massage to eliminate body fat.
For paraffin wrapping you will need gauze, melted paraffin, a film of polyethylene and a dense fabric. Often such a wrap is recommended for cellulite.
The gauze is wetted with paraffin, applied to the desired area, covered with a film, then with a warm cloth, and left for half an hour. Instead of gauze, paraffin can be applied with a brush, so the effect will be better, since several layers can be applied.
Before applying the wrap, you need to take a shower and cleanse the body with a scrub, then apply a nourishing cream.
Commercially available products, the main component of which is paraffin. For what they are needed, you can find out below.
Aravia Professional Cream
The advantage of such a cream over paraffin is that it does not need to be heated. It is applied as a regular cream, but in a thicker layer. After that, a film is applied over it and covered with a cloth.
If the cream is applied to the hands, then warm mittens are put on top of the film. After 20 minutes, paraffin residues are removed.
Depileve Cold Paraffin
On the body there are areas where the vessels are located close to the surface. In this case, hot paraffin is not suitable. Therefore, applied cold paraffin – Depileve. It does not require additional heating.
In addition, the composition of the product includes vitamin A, which has a beneficial effect on the dermis. The tool is used as well as other types of paraffin, but without preliminary heating.
Cosmetic paraffin “Sustabin”
This product is used in a heated form, providing a relaxing and warming effect on the skin of the face, arms, legs and body. And also before massage. The cream is pre-applied, so paraffin will not stick to the skin.
Further, the procedure is standard, hands or feet are lowered in hot paraffin, whose temperature should not exceed 55-60 degrees. Then a plastic film is applied and the legs or hands are wrapped in a towel, or mittens or socks are put on. After 15-20 minutes, paraffin is removed and a cream is applied to the skin.
Contraindications to paraffin therapy
Paraffin may not always be beneficial. There are cases when this remedy is contraindicated:
- The presence of cardiovascular disease.
- The lactation period.
- The presence of skin diseases and open wounds.
- The presence of a rash and ulcers.
- Hypertrichosis or increased hairiness.
- The presence on the body of large moles and warts.
Paraffin therapy video for hands
The first video tells you why paraffin is used in hand care:
The second video demonstrates the benefits of paraffin in the preparation of face masks:
Today, many modern beauty salons offer services using paraffin – restorative and anti-aging treatments. Paraffin therapy significantly improves the condition of withered, aging, dehydrated and tired skin.