The appearance of scaly and red spots on the face can occur for various reasons, while bringing aesthetic and physiological discomfort. What to do in this case, which doctor to contact, and how to treat the disease, this article will tell.
- Red spots on different parts of the face
- Red spots and peeling as a symptom of an allergy
- Red spots with pink lichen
- Red spots on the nerve
- Redness due to fungal skin lesions
- Red spots in infectious diseases
- lupus erythematosus
- Red spots with seborrheic dermatitis
- Red spots with eczema
- Red spots with rosacea
- Red spots in psoriasis
- Red spots when infected with a subcutaneous tick
- Red spots during pregnancy
- Video about the treatment of red spots and peeling of the skin on the face
Red spots on different parts of the face
The face peels, and red spots (what to do in this case will be described later) arise for various reasons. Localization also occurs in different places on the face.
The spots themselves can be:
- with ulcers;
- peel off the top layer of the epidermis.
First of all, it is necessary to understand the cause of the occurrence, and then carry out treatment according to the symptoms that have arisen.
The causes of the appearance of red spots on the face in women, children, men can be varied:
- skin irritation with household chemicals or skin products;
- when the face is rubbed often with hands or a handkerchief;
- diseases of the internal organs;
- skin diseases;
- insect bites;
- hormonal changes in the body, especially in pregnant women;
- psychological reasons or with severe stress;
- with strong exposure to sunlight or frostbite;
- a feature of the structure of the human body when the vessels are close to the skin.
Sometimes in the form of red spots of different types, the following diseases appear:
Often near the nose and cheeks dermatitis, allergies, rosacea, diathesis are manifested. Spots around the nose or on it can talk about diseases of the cardiovascular system. Red spots and peeling appear on the chin or forehead with hormonal failure.
Under the eyes, red spots or circles can indicate the presence of problems with blood pressure in a person, flaky red spots above the eyes indicate an allergy or a deficiency in the body of vitamin A, E. Diseases of the liver, gall bladder or intestines can manifest as red rashes near the mouth.
Peeling and red spots on the face must be diagnosed by contacting a dermatologist or dermatovenerologist who will prescribe the tests, and according to the results they will select a treatment or refer to another doctor: a gastroenterologist, therapist, allergist, nephrologist, oncologist who will tell you what to do next.
Red spots and peeling as a symptom of an allergy
Allergic spots on the face can be of 2 types:
- up to 2. 2 inch – roseola;
- from 2. 2 inch – erythema.
Most often, rashes are accompanied by peeling of the skin and itching.
Types of allergies, manifested by red spots on the face with peeling and itching:
- Atopic dermatitis – most often begins with childhood, especially when introducing new products into the baby’s diet. By adolescence, 70% passes without further manifestation. It is localized in the form of red, dry spots more than 2. 2 inch. Swelling may appear in their place or a dry crust. If the disease is started and not treated, then over time it will turn into a chronic one, which will aggravate the symptoms: spots can acquire thickening, erosion or cracks.
- Pollinosis is a seasonal allergy to pollen from flowers and plants. The disease manifests itself in the form of red small rashes all over the face, conjunctivitis, swelling of the eyelids, nose and itching. It can also cause choking, bronchial asthma.
- Urticaria – small blisters in large numbers, often appear on the face. The blisters themselves are pale pink, red spots form around them. The disease can manifest itself as an increase in body temperature and malaise, it can appear and disappear on its own. It is not an infection, therefore it is not transmitted.
- Food allergy – manifests itself after 30 minutes – 4 hours after eating. Spots appear on the face, similar to atopic dermatitis, in some cases, similar to urticaria symptoms. Also accompanied by swelling of the tongue, rhinitis, vomiting, weakness, dizziness.
With any manifestation of allergic symptoms on the face, you must consult an allergist who will prescribe tests to identify allergens. If it is not immediately possible to consult a doctor, then you should eliminate the possible cause of allergies and use masks, creams, ointments.
With urticaria and food allergies, several rules should be observed:
- Take a warm shower more often.
- Avoid high temperature in the room, ventilate more often.
- Use emollients for the skin: coconut, olive oil, fat sour cream – apply after a shower.
- Wear loose clothing made from natural fabrics.
- Rationalize the diet – eliminate citrus fruits, preservatives, red vegetables and fruits, spirits, coffee, strong tea.
- Eat fermented milk products, yesterday’s bread products, cereals on the water, light vegetable soups with dietary meat – turkey, chicken, rabbit.
- Drink more clean filtered water.
To drink enterosorbents:
- Activated carbon;
- White coal;
Drink an antiallergic drug according to the instructions:
To relieve inflammation on the skin, you can use ointments:
- Fenistil gel;
- Zinc ointment;
For all of the above drugs with atopic dermatitis or hay fever, you need to add immunostimulants:
- tincture of echinacea;
- compresses from a decoction of chamomile, calendula, string, bay leaf.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of fun
Red spots with pink lichen
Pink lichen is a pink plaque larger than 0’4 inch, with a red border around the spot. It regularly itches, gradually turning into a flaky spot. Most often occurs after infectious diseases, insect bites, frostbite or hypothermia.
May be transmitted by contact with people with low immunity. Pink lichen can be confused with dermatitis, measles, syphilis, psoriasis, rubella, so if spots appear, it is better to consult a dermatologist for a diagnosis and timely treatment.
The face is peeling, red spots (what to do at the same time at home, indicated below):
1. Apply masks, ointments, compresses:
- Moisten a cotton swab with apple or grape vinegar and burn each stain for 1 minute. An unpleasant burning sensation and itching will appear, but spots should not be combed so that the infection does not get. If there is no fruit vinegar, then you can use a solution of 9% vinegar ( 1,69 fluid ounce) and water ( 1,01 fluid ounce);
Chamomile broth: 1 tablespoon. per 13,53 fluid ounce of water. Make lotions for 10-15 minutes with gauze or a cotton swab. 2. To cleanse the body of toxins and toxins with the help of enterosorbents – activated carbon, white coal;
3. Take an antiviral drug – acyclovir, erythromycin;
4. Ointments and gels – Lorinden, salicylic ointment, Flucinar.
After treatment for pink lichen, it is necessary to drink a course of vitamins and minerals that enhance immunity, add more fresh vegetables, fruits, herbs, herbs, freshly squeezed juices and herbal tea to the diet.
Red spots on the nerve
Red spots on nerve soil often appear on the neck, chin, forehead and cheeks, causing mild itching. They may look like a rash in the form of small pimples.
Symptoms of red spots on the face:
- strong nervous tension, stress, fear;
- a sharp change of mood.
To treat such spots, you must adhere to several rules:
- Eat right and balanced.
- Observe sleep and rest.
- In every possible way to avoid various irritants.
- More walk in the fresh air, play sports.
- Take a contrast shower.
- Take care of your skin, make scrubs, peels, masks.
- Use candles with aromatic oils: mint, rose, spruce, fir.
- Do the massage.
- Do meditation.
Drink a course of sedatives:
- Magne B6.
Drink complex vitamins, increase immunity. At home, you can make tea with chamomile, peppermint and lemon, lofant, brew leaves and valerian root, thyme, hops. You also need to make decoctions of oak bark, plantain leaves, calendula flowers for washing in the morning and evening.
Redness due to fungal skin lesions
Peeling of the face can occur due to fungal infections. What to do if red spots on the skin itch, fester and grow In case of fungal skin diseases, it is necessary to consult a dermatologist in order to donate scraping and blood for analysis of the type of fungus that caused skin lesions in the form of red spots.
Most often found on the skin of the face in the form of red spots:
The spots are very itchy, can cause burning sensations, in the advanced stage there is the appearance of pus, ulcers. If the disease is not treated, then cracks and ulcers occur at the spot.
At home, it is necessary to use individual hygiene products, wash yourself with a decoction of chamomile, calendula, and a succession. Lotions from lemon juice and honey, compresses from onion juice and garlic for 2-5 minutes 2 times a day will also help.
For treatment, ointments are suitable:
Red spots in infectious diseases
Infectious diseases manifested as red spots require immediate treatment so that the infection does not spread throughout the body and cause complications.
These diseases include:
- Chicken pox is a viral disease that is transmitted by airborne droplets from person to person, most often in young children.
- Rubella is a viral disease, manifested in the form of a red rash on the face, neck, hips, and trunk.
- Measles – an infectious disease, manifests itself in the form of a red rash, fever up to 40 degrees, intoxication of the body.
- Scarlet fever is an infectious disease in which red spots appear on the skin and after a while begin to peel off.
Most often, these diseases occur in young children who have not been vaccinated against them. To determine the type of infectious disease, you need to contact a therapist, dermatologist or infectious disease specialist. Each of the infectious diseases has an incubation period during which, through contact with other people, infection can be transmitted by airborne droplets.
Features of the treatment:
- treatment for chickenpox is carried out using antiviral and antimicrobial agents (Zovirax, Acyclovir). With an increase in temperature, antipyretic drugs (Paracetamol, Panadol) are used, the spots are smeared with brilliant green or fucorcin;
- for the treatment of rubella, the patient needs bed rest, plenty of water. It is often necessary to ventilate the room and process it with a quartz lamp. It is necessary to use antiviral, antiallergic, immunostimulating drugs, and if cough is observed, then expectorant syrups or lozenges can be used;
- since measles is often accompanied by fever, runny nose, cough, it is necessary to use not only antiviral, antiallergic, immunostimulating drugs, as well as antibiotics, but also cough and cold remedies. The patient should be in a well-ventilated area, drink plenty of alcohol and observe sleep and rest. The menu should add a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits, exclude fried and allergic foods;
- in the treatment of scarlet fever, antibiotics, probiotics, immunostimulating drugs and vitamin complexes are prescribed. The patient must comply with bed rest.
With peeling of the skin on the face and the occurrence of red spots, which are accompanied by severe fatigue, apathy, you need to contact a dermatologist and immunologist, take tests to find out the cause of the disease
Lupus erythematosus is an autoimmune disease that affects connective tissue and blood vessels, the skin.
Causes of lupus erythematosus:
- genetic predisposition;
- ultraviolet radiation;
- hormonal changes in the body;
- smoking tobacco and mixtures;
- hepatitis C;
- some chemicals and drugs.
For treatment, you will need corticosteroids, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and anti-malarial drugs: Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Prednisolone, Mycophenolate.
Folk remedies – decoctions that help cope with lupus:
- licorice root 1 tablespoon per 16,91 fluid ounce of water, boil for 20 minutes and insist for a day;
- leaves of nettle, birch, tansy and dandelion root pour boiling water and insist for a day.
Infusions are taken before meals, 1,69 fluid ounce, 3-7 days.
Red spots with seborrheic dermatitis
Seborrheic dermatitis is an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands caused by yeast-like fungi.
Causes of seborrheic dermatitis:
- genetic predisposition;
- improper lifestyle: smoking, alcohol, unprotected sex, drug addiction;
- hormonal failure in the body;
- eating monotonous foods without enough vitamins and micro and macro elements;
- problems with the gastrointestinal tract and thyroid gland.
Symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis appear on the skin of the face in the form of red, flaky, itchy spots, which, growing, go to the area behind the ears, neck.
For treatment use:
- antifungal drugs: Nizoral cream, Tsinokap, Lamikon;
- kartikosteroidnye and non-steroidal preparations: Ichthyol ointment, Salicylic ointment, Triderm.
During treatment, it is necessary to observe the regime of rest and sleep, eat more fresh food, lean meat, vegetables, fruits, fruit drinks, juices, compotes. Especially useful are products containing vitamin A, B, C. Only a specialist, a dermatologist, can prescribe a treatment regimen and drugs.
Red spots with eczema
Eczema is an inflammatory disease characterized by red, flaky spots on the skin, accompanied by severe itching and burning.
The causes may be:
- hereditary factor;
- hormonal disruptions in the body;
- frequent use of chemicals without protective equipment;
- weak immunity;
- infection with fungi or bacteria in neglected form;
- prolonged exposure to frost or sun with exposed parts of the body;
- gastrointestinal tract problems.
Treatment should be prescribed by a dermatologist in the form of antibacterial, antifungal, antihistamines, anti-inflammatory and corticosteroid drugs and ointments, creams.
The most popular are:
- San Rocco
- Tetracycline ointment;
- Prednisalone ointment;
During treatment, you must follow a diet and diet. The diet should be enriched with vitamins A, B, E, C.
Red spots with rosacea
Rosacea is an inflammatory skin disease that appears on the cheeks and chin in the form of large red spots, which can take the form of ulcers, acne. Most often occurs in women after 40 years.
The causes of rosacea are as follows:
- unstable work of internal organs of a person, especially gastrointestinal tract;
- infectious diseases;
- tick damage;
- improper lifestyle (smoking, drugs, alcohol);
- diseases of the nervous system;
- mental disorders;
- high consumption of fats, spices.
The dermatologist after the tests prescribed:
- tetracycline antibiotics (ointment tablets);
- Skinoren gel;
- Laser treatment;
- Creams: Rosex, Rosamet,
- Zinc ointment.
The face is peeling, and red spots (what to do in this case with rosacea, described later) can be eliminated by folk remedies:
- lotions and compresses from a decoction of chamomile and calendula;
- mask of aloe juice, cucumber and baby cream;
- propolis infusion for compress on affected skin;
- Juice from fresh cranberries or a decoction of dry berries are used as a cleanser and as compresses.
A doctor may also recommend laser and cryotherapy to treat rosacea. In addition, you need to follow a diet, eat more fresh vegetables, low-fat meat and dairy products.
Red spots in psoriasis
Psoriasis is a chronic dermatosis affecting the skin. It has a non-infectious nature of occurrence. Red spots appear that quickly grow and combine with the formation of peculiar plaques, gradually covered with white scales, flaky.
The main causes of occurrence are:
- autoimmune diseases;
- metabolic disease;
- gastrointestinal problems;
- hormonal changes;
- genetic predisposition.
The treatment of psoriasis is carried out by a dermatologist, prescribes ointments:
- based on tar;
Also, with the advanced stage of psoriasis, the doctor prescribes photochemotherapy. For quick and effective treatment, it is necessary to observe a rest regimen, a balanced diet, give up bad habits and relax in sanatorium-resort areas.
Red spots when infected with a subcutaneous tick
Demodex is a subcutaneous tick that lives in the sebaceous glands and human hair follicles. In a single copy, it does not cause significant harm to humans, but, when multiplied, it penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin, which causes the appearance of red, itchy spots with small acne. It is transmitted from one person to another using hygiene products or cosmetics.
The reasons contributing to the appearance of the tick may be:
- lack of normal hygiene procedures or the use of other people’s hygiene items;
- disturbances associated with strong production of sweat and blockage of the sebaceous glands;
- endocrine system diseases;
- reduced immunity;
- problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
Treating red spots with tick infection is a complex and long process that a dermatologist conducts, prescribing not only drug treatment, diet, but also physiotherapy. For effective treatment, antiparasitic drugs, antibiotics, sulfur ointments, immunostimulating and antiallergic drugs are pres
Folk remedies for demodex are masks of white, blue clay. Frequent washing with household and tar soap, elecampane decoction also helps.
Red spots during pregnancy
During pregnancy, red spots can occur for various reasons:
- due to hormonal changes in the body and an increase in the amount of melanin;
- lack of vitamin B, as well as A, C, folic acid;
- with the development of allergic reactions;
- with problems with the digestive and endocrine system;
- hereditary predisposition;
- genital diseases.
To make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe a pregnant treatment, you will need to visit several doctors:
- a dermatologist;
Folk remedies for getting rid of red spots and peeling of the skin during pregnancy – masks, decoctions for washing and compresses:
- decoction of chamomile, calendula, parsley;
- masks made of strawberries, cucumber, sour cream, cream;
- rubbing juice with cranberries, yogurt, kefir;
- lotions from propolis infusion;
- mask scrub with honey and lemon;
- coffee grounds scrub;
- baking soda scrub.
The most common cause of stains in pregnant women is a hormonal malfunction or an allergic reaction, so it’s worthwhile to eliminate the cause and establish a daily and nutritional regimen.
If your face begins to peel off, and red spots appear, you do not need to think long what to do. The first step is to visit a specialist dermatologist who will help identify the cause of the disease and choose the right treatment.
Video about the treatment of red spots and peeling of the skin on the face
How to quickly get rid of peeling of the skin on the face:
How to eliminate red spots on the face at home: