The main field of application of Akhromin cream, judging by the reviews, is the elimination of age spots caused by natural causes or arising from hormonal disorders in the body. In addition, the cosmetic cosmetic product protects the skin from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation.
- Types of pigmentation
- What is Achromin cream
- Indications for use
- Use during pregnancy and lactation
- Possible harm and side effects
- Precautionary measures
- Storage conditions
- Where to buy and how much
- Doctors reviews
- Customer reviews
- How to replace Achromin
- Video about Achromin cream from age spots
Types of pigmentation
The color tone of human skin is determined by the combination and amount of coloring pigments, mainly melanin.
Pigmentation disorders are characteristic of most people, more often they are reversible, occur locally and respond to treatment, for example:
- red moles – appear at the place of accumulation of blood from damaged vessels of the skin;
- yellow spots – may be the result of excess carotene, but more often they talk about liver diseases;
- moles – brown spots, point accumulations of melanin. There are no health risks, but it is undesirable to injure or remove them without indications;
- freckles – small dots of light or saturated yellow color, especially noticeable in the spring-summer period. Location – face or hands. Similar to moles, the presence of freckles is genetically laid, but they do not contain an excess of cells that synthesize melanin, and lend themselves to lightening;
- chloasma is an acquired form of focal pigmentation, manifested in the form of uneven brown or almost black spots on various parts of the body. More often it is a “female” problem associated with hormonal changes during pregnancy or taking hormonal drugs;
- lentigo – small, often multiple brown spots on the skin, most often acquired in adolescence or old age, including (but not always) against the background of a tan;
- photosensitization sites – are the result of a local increase in skin sensitivity to ultraviolet light, caused by the use of alcohol-containing cosmetics, essential oils or the use of contraceptives.
These are the most common and relatively harmless types of violations.
Medicine distinguishes a number of diseases leading to more rare abnormalities in the color of the skin. An example is vitiligo – uneven white or pale pink islets of the skin resulting from an autoimmune disorder.
What is Achromin cream
The cosmetic cosmetic product is produced in aluminum tubes. The contents of the package are white, have a dense, slightly viscous consistency and an unobtrusive smell of pink petals.
Numerous reviews characterize Achromin from age spots as an easy-to-use cream, noting easy distribution and quick absorption.
Initially, the main active substance of the cream was hydroquinone, which inhibits the synthesis of melanin in special skin cells – melanocytes. It is capable of destroying long-standing accumulations of similar cellular structures. However, the toxicity of the component, especially with prolonged and frequent use, has provoked a ban in many countries on high concentrations of hydroquinone.
Therefore, having bought the “modern version” of Akhromin, you can find in the composition:
- licorice (licorice) extract – is intended to replace hydroquinone, having a softer and safer whitening effect. Confirmation of the effectiveness of the component is the long-term use of infusions and lotions of licorice root to combat age spots in traditional medicine;
- gluconic acid – it enhances the action of licorice, and also moisturizes, smoothes and tightens the skin, helps to remove dead skin cells;
- lactic acid – has an exfoliating, moisturizing effect, reduces inflammation, fights age-related changes, including hyperpigmentation. Differs in low toxicity;
- glycerin – provides the necessary consistency and viscosity of the cream, as well as the delivery of active substances to skin cells;
- lanolin is a wax of animal origin. The component plays the role of a cream base, penetrates the skin, has a softening effect, heals cracks;
- beta-carotene – a powerful antioxidant of plant origin;
- Vitamin C – slows down the aging of the skin, helps to recover after aggressive exposure to sunlight, moisturizes, brightens, improves elasticity;
- UV filters – a group of components that neutralize the negative effects of ultraviolet radiation.
Among the excipients, parabens are preservatives, the safety of which is doubtful.
Achromin, according to reviews, eliminates age spots of various types.
In addition, the cream allows you to:
- remove or make less visible signs of acne;
- protect from “harmful” ultraviolet radiation;
- even out skin tone;
- reduce the intensity of tanning;
- to prevent hyperpigmentation in the presence of provoking factors (hormonal disorders, taking a number of drugs).
In addition, the active substances of the drug:
- take care of the skin, make it more hydrated;
- cleanse, remove dead skin cells and stimulate skin regeneration.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of funds.
Indications for use
Pigmentation disorders can have a different nature, and cosmetics can not always cope with the problem.
Achromin makes sense to apply for:
- creating a barrier to ultraviolet radiation, an excess of which threatens melanoma and aging of the skin;
- lightening freckles;
- fight against lentig
- bleaching foci of chloasma after pregnancy;
- correction of skin tone with increased photosensitization or hyperpigmentation affecting the skin;
- scar removal after acne or other inflammatory skin diseases.
Achromin is suitable for any type of skin.
The main obstacle to the use of the cream is the individual intolerance of the components.
Among other limitations:
- children’s age – up to 12 years;
- allergic reaction – both during the test before using the cream, and in the presence of confirmed episodes of allergy to substances in the composition;
- pregnancy and lactation – applies to parties containing hydroquinone;
- signs of acute inflammation on the skin – swelling and redness;
Achromin is dispensed without a prescription, however, a doctor’s consultation before use is desirable – at least in order to make sure that the problem can be eliminated with a cosmetic product.
The following algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Cleanse your skin.
- Squeeze a small strip of cream and lightly apply on the pigmentation zone – solid (if we are talking about freckles) or inside the pigment accumulation contours (for large areas with clear boundaries).
- Rub in with massaging movements for 1 minute. If you feel a tingling sensation for a short time, you should not worry.
- After an hour, excess cream can be removed with a napkin – however, this is not necessary.
- In the absence of other recommendations, the cream is applied twice a day – in the morning and in the evening.
If Achromin is used to eliminate freckles, then the course should begin at the end of winter – the beginning of spring.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
A cream containing hydroquinone is forbidden to use at any time during pregnancy and during breastfeeding. The reason is the ability of a toxic substance to enter the bloodstream. A cream whose active ingredient is licorice extract does not have such limitations.
Achromin from age spots (reviews confirm this) is effective with regular use. It is not worth waiting for instant cardinal changes after the first application. But, using cream courses, you can count on visible improvements.
|Application period||Whitening effect||Caring effect|
|1-2 days||More hydrated and skin|
|A week||Slight lightening of the overall skin tone or areas of hyperpigmentation||Smoother and more even skin tone, noticeable narrowing of pores|
|2 weeks||Significant clarification in the vast majority of those who used the tool|
|Month||Visible effect in darker pigmented areas||More elastic and toned skin, improved facial contours|
|2 months||The maximum possible whitening and smoothing skin tone|
Longer use of the cream with hydroquinone in the composition is undesirable, but if Achromin with licorice extract is used, the extension of the course is impractical. According to reviews, Achromin cream eliminates pigmentation disorders for a long time. In the absence of a provoking factor – hormonal disruptions and or excessive sun exposure, a second course will not be needed.
Possible harm and side effects
The first use of the cream may cause slight irritation. This is not a reason to immediately reject the tool. After 5-6 days, you should apply Achromin again and wait 24 hours. If the skin reacts again inadequately, another cream should be preferred.
Ignoring the signs of intolerance to the drug, or violating the rules of use, you may encounter such problems:
- intense persistent itching;
- significant redness;
- severe swelling of the skin;
- allergic rash.
Simple recommendations will help to avoid the negative effects of applying the cream.
Using Achromin, you should:
- consult with a dermatologist first;
- if undesirable reactions occur, flush skin with water;
- exclude the drug from getting on damaged skin, mucous membranes of the eye and oral cavity;
- monitor side effects – if they are aggravated, immediately cancel the drug;
- pay attention to the shelf life of the cream.
Achromin should not be used immediately after sunbathing, and vice versa – less than two hours before going outside. Otherwise, you can achieve the opposite effect – increased pigmentation.
Tightly closed tube should be stored in a dry place, away from heat or direct sunlight at a temperature of 5-25 degrees. Keep the product away from children and pets. The shelf life of Akhromin cream is 36 months.
Where to buy and how much
Achromin from age spots, reviews of which distinguish the availability of funds, can be purchased at a pharmacy or cosmetic store. The cream is not a medicine and does not require a prescription. The cost of Akhromin does not exceed $ 2,45.
Dermatologists allow the use of Achromin, many of them recommend the drug to their patients.
Summarizing the reviews of experts, we can formulate a number of nuances and recommendations:
- you need to make sure in advance that the cause of pigmentation does not lie in the systemic disease of the body by visiting a dermatologist and, if necessary, obtaining the advice of a specialist. An exception may be “inherited” freckles or the effects of sunburn, but they only confirm the general rule;
- a cream with hydroquinone in the composition requires compliance with the cour
se, application regimen and dosage. Attempts to speed up the process, causing it more often, longer or longer, can lead to the opposite effect or skin irritation;
- for some patients, any cream may be ineffective, and use is impossible due to the high sensitivity of the skin. In such cases, you should choose other means or cosmetic procedures;
- applying the cream, it is worthwhile to be ready for side effects, including persistent ones. Do not try your luck if in the near future a solemn event is planned, or you just need to be in sight;
- old pigment spots can be whitened worse.
Achromin from age spots, reviews of which can be found in large quantities, of course, is not a panacea. The first and main point that many women celebrate is that the product with hydroquinone and the cream based on licorice extract are not the same in terms of effectiveness.
According to reviews, the more “soft” Achromin may not cope with the problem or require a longer use. However, often in reviews – positive and negative – there is no emphasis on composition.
In some cases, there was no improvement when using the old, more aggressive composition – this is due to the peculiarities of pigmentation. Someone managed to cope with them with the help of more expensive whitening cosmetics, and some had to resort to laser removal or chemical peeling.
There are a lot of positive reviews about the cream when used for its intended purpose and in the absence of allergy, however, some of those to whom the cream helped, note a number of negative aspects.
- after application, there is a feeling of tingling or burning;
- oily texture creates a feeling of a mask on the face;
- depending on the type of skin, the cream becomes oily or, on the contrary, dries;
- there is no detailed annotation in the box;
- the product has an unpleasant odor.
Sometimes the cream gives an effect only if you refuse to take sun baths, and sometimes it brightens the main skin tone, turning out to be powerless against hyperpigmented areas.
Conclusion: in general, the cream corresponds to the declared characteristics, however, the sensations during use are individual.
How to replace Achromin
Recommendations will depend on the reason for the reluctance to use the cream:
- if you need a remedy with hydroquinone, more aggressive, but effective, you can try Achroaktiv or Astramin – this substance is present in their composition;
- if you need a soft, safe, completely natural remedy – folk recipes based on licorice root, infusion of parsley leaves or fresh strawberries are suitable;
- old areas of excessive pigmentation require hardware procedures – peeling or laser removal.
Achromin cream eliminates age spots and is safe when observing the rules of use and the absence of hypersensitivity. The presence of conflicting reviews is caused by a difference in the composition and individual characteristics of the skin and pigmentation.
Video about Achromin cream from age spots
Review of Achromin cream: