White clay mask is an excellent facial cleanser. Not only dermatologists and cosmetologists managed to verify this, but also millions of women around the world. The popularity of the product is explained by its availability, natural origin and undoubted benefit for the skin.
- White clay properties
- Indications and contraindications for white clay masks
- White clay mask for different skin types
- Rules for making white clay masks for face
- Popular recipes for masks with white clay at home
- The recipe for a classic mask with white clay
- Anti-inflammatory mask for skin health
- Deep Cleansing Mask
- White clay mask for whitening the face
- Universal anti-aging mask made of white clay
- White clay face mask with tea tree
- How to make a mask of white clay with lemon
- White clay face mask with milk
- Nourishing face mask: white clay and honey
- How to make a mask of white clay for the face with oils
- How to apply clay masks on the face
- How much to keep a mask of white clay
- How often can I make white clay masks
- Useful videos about white clay masks
White clay properties
Masks made of white clay, or kaolin, as they also call this substance, are popular in cosmetology and are used as a means to care for oily skin, as well as for the treatment of acne. White clay is a natural mineral, and its basis is composed of compounds of aluminum and silicon oxides, the so-called aluminosilicates.
Clay, which is used in cosmetology, has a lot of useful properties:
- Drying the skin – used to remove secretions of sweat glands and subcutaneous fat.
- The cleansing effect is an ideal tool for soft, delicate peeling of the skin.
- Absorbing effect – small particles of clay help remove harmful substances and toxins not only from the skin, but also from human blood.
- Good thermal conductivity – makes it possible to apply it not only in cosmetology, but also in traditional medicine.
Indications and contraindications for white clay masks
It is advisable to use white clay in such cases:
- acne on the face;
- black spots;
- inflamed skin of the face;
- age-related changes – facial wrinkles, age spots, other signs of premature aging;
- violation of the secretion of the sebaceous glands.
There are no contraindications to the use of kaolin, as this is a natural material. Clay is absolutely safe for humans, and can not be harmful to health. When choosing store masks based on white clay for use, carefully look at what else is included in the composition. Many substances, such as honey and nuts, can cause an allergic reaction.
It is strictly forbidden to apply clay if the skin is damaged – wounds, scratches. This can cause itching and irritation and lead to inflammation. To check the sensitivity of the skin to the product, apply a small amount to the bend of the elbow.
Remember that women with dry sensitive skin should not overexpose the mask. You can’t wait until the clay finally dries or the time runs out according to the instructions.
White clay mask for different skin types
White clay face mask is suitable for any skin type, without exception. Although the opinions of dermatologists are somewhat different here. Most experts insist that this substance is most suitable for women with oily and combination skin, and owners of dry and sensitive skin should still choose a more gentle means for personal care.
There are no other contraindications, and it is worth remembering that white clay can be used for all skin types if the ingredients that will be part of it are selected correctly.
For example, if in addition to kaolin, the product includes moisturizing oils, grape, argan and others, it can be used on dry skin. These substances will compensate for the drying effect that clay creates, and will not cause harm.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of funds.
Rules for making white clay masks for face
The rules for making masks at home are quite simple:
- Take only glass or ceramic dishes for cooking. A metal bowl will not work, because the minerals that make up the clay can react with the metal and lose useful properties.
- Clay is best brewed with boiled water. But not hot, but a little warm. By consistency, the resulting substance should resemble sour cream.
- Before applying the mask, first clean your skin. The area around the eyes is best left untouched.
- Apply the mask immediately after preparation. Later it hardens, and the moisture from it evaporates. Because of this, it will become unusable.
- Never do the procedure if your skin is very irritated. This can cause itching and severe inflammation.
- Do not use a white clay mask more than once or twice a week. After 10 such procedures, cosmetologists recommend taking a break for about a month. If desired, the course can be repeated later.
Popular recipes for masks with white clay at home
The popularity of white clay masks at home is explained by the simplicity of their preparation and the excellent effect of their use. They do not take much time, and the result will not be long in coming.
What are the most popular masks for women today Firstly, a standard mask with clay, milk and starch, and secondly, masks with the addition of various products. It can be honey, lemon juice, as well as calendula, which gives a good antiseptic effect. The turn added to the composition, cabbage leaf, sea buckthorn oil will cleanse the skin.
There are a huge number of mask recipes, so you can choose those that are more to your liking, and add those components that are available in the refrigerator or first-aid kit.
The recipe for a classic mask with white clay
To prepare a face mask according to the classic recipe, you need to take white clay, which is popularly called porcelain, because of the pure and radiant color of this substance.
Method of preparation: white clay purchased at the pharmacy should be diluted in lukewarm water and applied to the face for 8-10 minutes. After that, rinse with water and spread skin moisturizer. Instead of water, clay can be diluted in milk or a decoction of herbs.
What effect we get: whitening, getting rid of oily sheen and cleansing the skin.
Anti-inflammatory mask for skin health
A white clay face mask can also have an anti-inflammatory effect. Dermatologists usually talk about the benefits of black, green and blue clay, but porcelain (white) clay can remove redness and acne on the skin.
An anti-inflammatory mask can be made on the basis of kaolin, dried linden and nettle. As an active ingredient, it is also good to add vitamin E in capsules.
We buy all the ingredients in the nearest pharmacy and then mix in the following sequence:
- We take 10 grams of dried linden and nettle and pour boiling water. We insist 30 minutes.
- The resulting herbal infusion needs to be filtered and cooled slightly, so that it becomes a little warm.
- Pour a decoction of herbs into a glass dish and add 30 grams of vitamin E.
- Add 20 grams of kaolin and mix thoroughly.
- Put the cooked porridge for 20 minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
Deep Cleansing Mask
To well cleanse your face with white clay you need to know a few secrets:
- It is necessary to first open the pores on the face with the help of steam herbal baths. Chamomile and sage are best. Or just wash yourself with hot water.
- Apply the mask only to clean skin.
- Before applying the mask, apply a scrub to the face that will remove the dead cells.
- After washing off the mask, you need to close the pores: apply any moisturizer to them.
Remember that deep cleaning should be done no more than once a week. You can do this not only in the salon, but also at home.
For example, with this tool: Mix a spoonful of clay with miramistin and chlorhexidine and stir into gruel until smooth. Apply this composition for no more than 20 minutes.
White clay mask for whitening the face
A white clay mask is ideal for whitening the face. You can achieve maximum effect and lighten your skin by 2 tones by adding fruit and vegetables juice to the composition. The most popular and effective ones are cucumber or lemon juice. With this tool, you can not only clean and moisturize the skin, but also relieve inflammation and irritation.
How to cook:
- take some large cucumbers;
- grate or extract juice from them;
- mix with two tablespoons of white clay;
- spread on face and hold for 15 minutes;
- wash thoroughly after use.
The cooked mask can be stored in the refrigerator for 8 hours. Suitable for all skin types. And instead of tap water, mineral water can be used when flushing, which will create an additional tonic effect.
Universal anti-aging mask made of white clay
To obtain the effect of rejuvenation, you can dilute white clay in milk. Not without reason, the recipe for the beauty of Queen Cleopatra, who, according to legend, loved to take milk baths, came to our days. It is milk that rejuvenates both the body and the skin of the face.
Aloe juice, which can increase the vital activity of cells, will also help to rejuvenate the skin. The popularity of this recipe is also due to the fact that this plant grows in many houses, or on the windowsills of your beloved grandmothers.
Aloe leaves must first be cut, washed well and put in the refrigerator. Ideally, if they lie there for 10-14 days.
It is better to choose thick and fleshy leaves, from them you can extract more juice and pulp. Why put them in the fridge Yes, just under the influence of low temperatures and darkness, aloe will produce special biological stimulants that will give the effect of skin rejuvenation.
Then everything is simple – you need to mix the juice and pulp extracted from the flower with white clay, and after 20 minutes enjoy the result.
White clay face mask with tea tree
There is such an interesting recipe with the addition of tea tree extract.
You need to take a tablespoon of clay and half a teaspoon of salicylic acid. Next, pour tea tree essential oil (3-4 drops, no more!) And 3 tablespoons of water. You can use boiled or mineral.
To properly prepare the mask, first mix the clay and salicylic acid. Then add oil and grind in a ceramic container until the lumps disappear. Water needs to be added last.
Naturally, you must first remove makeup from the face and cleanse the skin. The maximum time for which you can apply a mask is 20 minutes. However, at the first application it is better to cut it in half. It is recommended to carry out the procedure no more than 2-3 times a week.
How to make a mask of white clay with lemon
Adding lemon juice to masks gives them a whitening effect, and even smoothes out tired wrinkles.
To prepare the mask you need:
- Take white clay and one small lemon.
- Press 3 drops of lemon juice into the prepared container and add 1.5 tablespoons of clay.
- Add a little water and dilute the resulting mixture to a pulp state.
- You can use a mask.
The approximate time during which you need to keep such a whitening mask is 10-11 minutes. It is better to wash it off with slightly cool water. To the composition of the mask, you can add the gruel of the grated cucumber on a fine grater. This component will refresh the skin and also give it a whitening effect. Cosmetologists advise making such a mask every 3 days.
White clay face mask with milk
A mask of white clay for the face can be with the addition of fresh milk. The product can be either home-made or store-bought, pasteurized. This tool will help rejuvenate the skin, get rid of dryness and improve its condition. Therefore, this mask is well suited for dry skin type.
After use, the skin will receive gentle hydration and additional nutrition, and the signs of aging will disappear for a long time.
To make such a mask at home is simple and easy:
- Take 3 tablespoons of cow or goat milk.
- Add a tablespoon of homemade cottage cheese or sour cream.
- Thoroughly mix the dairy products with a tablespoon of white clay.
- Apply gruel on the face for 20 minutes.
Nourishing face mask: white clay and honey
The tool can remove excess wrinkles and age spots, tightens the skin well and gives it freshness. For cooking you need only honey and clay.
- A teaspoon of bee honey is heated in a water bath until the honey becomes completely liquid.
- Add a tablespoon of clay, pouring it into honey in small portions.
- The mixture must be brought to a creamy consistency.
- We wait until the mask cools down a bit so as not to burn the face, and then apply for 20 minutes.
This mask is suitable for women with oily skin. Another variation may be a mask of honey, kefir and clay. The cooking method is the same, you just need to add a little kefir or whey to the composition.
An interesting version of the mask, which is suitable for dry skin types – milk, honey, clay and a couple of drops of almond oil.
How to make a mask of white clay for the face with oils
Having enriched the face care product with essential oi
ls, you can arrange a real Spa at home. Having correctly selected the components, it is easy to clean the pores, remove inflammation or, conversely, moisturize the skin of the face.
Buying essential oil is better not in a cosmetics store, but in a pharmacy. Any oil should be added no more than 3-4 drops. Then the remedy will benefit, not harm.
To make a clay mask with oil, you need to:
- Mix all components (except kaolin) in the selected container.
- After that, add the liquid ingredients to the clay, stir until the lumps disappear.
- Apply to skin.
The base fluid may be boiled water, juice, yogurt or a decoction of herbs. It is advisable to use a mask with the addition of essential oil immediately after its preparation. But if the need arises, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, tightly closing the container.
How to apply clay masks on the face
Following a few simple rules when using clay masks, you can avoid many skin problems.
What you need to know:
- When buying ready-made masks, carefully read their composition. Exclude those components that you may be allergic to.
- Test the mask at the bend of the elbow before applying it to the skin.
- If there are any problems with the skin of the face, it is better to visit a dermatologist first.
- Do not breed clay in boiling water or hot water. Water should be room.
- Before using the mask, you need to cleanse your face with your usual scrub and make a steam bath.
- Do not apply a clay mask to the skin around the eyes.
- Rinse off the mask with a little warm water.
- Do not do the procedure more often 1-2 times a week.
- Remember that the course of using white clay should not exceed 10 masks. After this, cosmetologists insist on a break for at least 2 weeks.
How much to keep a mask of white clay
A mask made of white clay for the face can be an excellent tool for tightening and rejuvenating the skin. But here it is important not to overdo it and not overexpose the mask longer than it should be.
The first thing to remember – for any discomfort, burning, itching – immediately remove the product! Do not wait for 5, 10 and 15 minutes. Perhaps you have a rare allergic reaction or an individual intolerance to some component of the drug, which you had not previously known. The effect of light skin tightening does not apply here.
Do not forget that no mask should dry completely on the face if clay is included.
The time of the procedure depends on the type of skin. For owners of oily skin – this will be 20 minutes. For normal skin – 10, and accordingly, women with dry skin are better off not holding a clay mask for more than 5 minutes.
How often can I make white clay masks
Specialists prohibit making clay masks too often. Even women with oily skin are recommended to apply clay no more than twice a week. If the skin type is normal or combination – not more than once. For dry skin, dermatologists recommend using white clay no more than 2 times per month.
This is due to the fact that clay, with all its useful properties, dries the skin and draws its moisture. You can overdo it with procedures and worsen skin health.
White clay masks are good for the face. But using them too often can have the opposite effect. Follow all recommendations and mix components strictly according to the instructions, and then you will get the effect of salon procedures at home.
Useful videos about white clay masks
White clay facial whitening mask:
The recipe for an effective acne mask with white clay: