Every woman who visits a nail salon, hears the name dehydrator for nails and wonders what it is.
The design of nails of any kind requires mandatory preliminary preparation of the surface for applying a decorative coating , which is necessary to protect it from damage by aggressive substances, high-quality application of funds and its long-term wear. For this purpose, different substances are used, including a dehydrator.
- What is a dehydrator and what is it for
- What should be in the composition of the dehydrator
- Is nail dehydrator safe
- Types of Dehydrators
- Acid dehydrator
- Acid free dehydrator
- Dehydrator, Primer, Bonder and Degreaser: Similarities and Differences
- Dehydrator and Degreaser
- Primer and dehydrator
- Primer and Bonder
- Advantages and disadvantages of using a dehydrator
- Rules for applying a dehydrator
- Is it possible to replace the dehydrator with something
- Overview of Popular Dehydrators
- IBD Dehydrate
- Patrisa nail
- Nail Dehydrator PNB
- Lily angel dehydrator
- KODI NAIL FRESHER
- El corazon
- Video about dehydrators and primers for nails: what it is, how it is applied, famous brands
What is a dehydrator and what is it for
Dehydrator is a special substance that is designed to process the nail plate immediately before applying gel polish.
A cosmetic product performs the following functions:
- degreases the nail plate;
- restores the natural acidity of the surface of the nail;
- heals nails, reduces the possible development of complications and diseases to the minimum possible;
- disinfects the plate;
- prolongs the life of the artificial coating applied on top;
- removes various contaminants from the nail, both natural and technical in nature, as well as traces of fat;
- removes excess moisture from the nail, dries it, due to which the durability of the connection of artificial coating with natural is guaranteed.
This product is especially indispensable when the client has the so-called “wet hands”, the disinfection of which is a prerequisite for creating a high-quality manicure. Neglecting to use this product can lead to quick spoilage of manicure, peeling of artificial nails or coating.
There are dehydrators, which are part of other substances for manicure, which act as disinfectants, as well as individual products, which are bottles with a brush filled with liquid.
The dehydrator looks like a liquid without color, it is applied to the nail with a brush, and then dried. You can buy such a substance in any store where manicure and pedicure products are sold.
Often you can find means with an inscription on the label: a bonder or bond. All these are varieties of dehydrator that perform the same functions.
Do not use the nail polish remover to dry and degrease the nails. First, it will dry the nail plate, but later it will negatively affect its condition. The surface will begin to break and peel faster. The product intended for removal of varnish should be used only for its intended purpose and as little as possible.
What should be in the composition of the dehydrator
Having found out why a dehydrator for nails is needed and what it is in principle, you need to pay attention to its composition.
The following subtleties are important here:
- the basis of each dehydrator is butyl acetate (it is an acetic acid ester of butyl property), a solvent of organic origin. It is he who is able to remove moisture from the surface of the nail as delicately and accurately as possible, without damaging the nail and without violating the integrity of its structure. This substance evaporates almost instantly from the surface, not having time to touch the deeper keratin layers;
- more useful for the plate will be the minimum amount of dyes and various fragrances in the composition of the product;
- there are dehydrators with acid content that perfectly reveal the scales of the nail, penetrating into it. This function increases the subsequent adhesion of the plate and the materials applied to it;
- acid-free bonders act more gently, sparing the plate, without penetrating deep into it.
When choosing a dehydrator in a store, you need to pay attention not only to its composition, but also to its cost. A good product cannot have a low price. Such funds may well not give the desired effect and even cause harm to health by damaging the nail plate or causing an allergic reaction. The high price is also not a guarantee of the acquisition of quality goods.
It is better to prefer the middle price category, acquiring similar goods only in trusted stores.
Using the acceptable amount of high-quality bonder, you can not worry either about the health in general, or for the safety of the nail plate in particular.
Is nail dehydrator safe
Dehydrator for nails, this is such a tool that allows you to prepare the nail for applying synthetic varnishes and other substances to it. The question of the safety of its use is always relevant.
This liquid is in direct contact with the surface of the nails, however, it does not penetrate inside , and, therefore, is not able to have a toxic effect on its structure. In addition, the substance restores acid-base balance, strengthens and gently cleanses nails.
Using a high-quality dehydrator, you should not worry about the fact that the natural microflora of nails may be disturbed or the epithelium of the horn can be destroyed.
In general, a bonder is a complex of substances of a sparing type, characterized by such properties:
- lack of aggression against the nail plate;
- normalization of the correct pH balance;
- gentle disinfection of the manicure area;
- increased strength of the applied coating;
- prevention of the occurrence of fungi and the development of infectious and bacterial processes.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
Types of Dehydrators
The hypoallergenic properties of dehydrators allow you to do real miracles: by cleansing nails and preparing them for manicure, it protects the surface from delamination, prolongs the life of any applied coating, from ordinary varnish to gel polish.
The active ingredient here is methacrylic acid. Its concentration can vary from 30 to 100%. After such an impact, the structure of the nail can maintain a very strong bond with any material, which makes such a primer ideal for use when building nails using acrylic.
Features of use:
- such a primer dries the plate quickly, therefore it is suitable only for skin prone to greasy, as well as springboard-shaped nails;
- it is important to prevent the substance from getting on the skin of the hands or cuticles, due to the likelihood of itching, burning or redness;
- this primer is quick drying;
- the presence of a white coating that occurs after application is a sign that the following product can be applied to the nails.
Acid free dehydrator
rator has the most sparing quality of the skin and nail plate quality, however, less strong indicators of adhesion of materials to the surface of the nail. This type of substance has many resins in its composition, due to which it leaves an adhesive layer after application.
Recommendations for use:
- It is used as a preparatory stage before applying gel polish to the nails or building them with gel;
- well removes greasy film from the nail, removing microorganisms and drying the surface;
- if gel extension on tips is supposed, the use of a dehydrator is not shown, because it can cause them to crack and spoil;
- during the correction of gel nails, the dehydrator is applied only to their overgrown part (it is important not to get on the skin line);
- you must definitely use this type of bonder after a trim manicure, and not hardware, but wet. This will help reduce the likelihood of developing a fungus or inflammation.
Some primers already have dehydration substances in their composition, therefore it is permissible not to use the bonder additionally.
Although in this case, the use of a dehydrator will only contribute to the creation of a durable coating.
Dehydrator, Primer, Bonder and Degreaser: Similarities and Differences
Dehydrator and Degreaser
After it has become clear the concept of nail dehydrator what it is, you need to deal with other substances that are similar in their properties. Do not confuse the dehydrator with a degreaser, these substances have different functions and uneven composition.
If the latter removes a layer of dirt and fat deposits from the surface of the nail, then the dehydrator removes only excess moisture, thereby drying the nail plate. In general, both agents perform the same task, however, the degreaser manages it only superficially, while the dehydrator penetrates deeper into the structure of the nail.
At the same time use both funds to achieve a better effect should not be.
It is best to choose one substance based on the characteristics of your own nail plate:
- women with increased sweating and oily skin should use a dehydrator;
- in the absence of such problems, an ordinary degreaser is quite suitable.
Primer and dehydrator
As for the primer and dehydrator, here we can note such important points:
- both products are applied to a natural nail plate;
- applying a dehydrator practically does not change the surface, but the primer makes it coarser;
- the primer has the functions of protecting the surface of the nail from harmful chemical compounds that are in every artificial coating. It acts as a kind of barrier between one’s own tissues and the substances applied to them;
- the primer has the best indicators for maintaining the strength of manicure, when compared with a dehydrator.
Primer and Bonder
The concepts of primer and bonder also have a lot in common. Moreover, some manufacturers consider these names synonyms and give them substances that are similar in composition and function. This is not entirely true.
Bonder is translated from English as something that can bind and hold together. In the process of creating a manicure, this substance is used in order to enhance the adhesive properties of a gel, acrylic or other means for building with a woman’s fingernail. In addition, the tool acts as a safety measure for peeling off the tips that have been extended.
- protects the plate from the harmful effects of manicure products;
- does not allow harmful substances to penetrate through the plate into the body;
- removes dirt from the surface of the nail;
- aligns the pH;
- applied after the primer so as not to damage the nail;
- dries under the lamp, after which you can continue to create a manicure.
Primer is translated from English as a primer. It is used most often to prepare the nail plate for applying materials for building (acrylic or gel, varnish gel).
In addition, it performs the following functions:
- protects the nail and removes a layer of fat from it;
- supports pH;
- applied to the bonder;
- dries quickly on its own.
In order to get a high-quality manicure, it is necessary to apply each remedy in the prescribed time for this.
If you refuse one of them, you can get a manicure that will deteriorate during the first week of wearing. In addition, if you refuse the primer, the nail coating may be damaged at the time of removal of the gel. And if you put aside the bonder, then the manicure will peel off incredibly quickly.
Advantages and disadvantages of using a dehydrator
The use of a dehydrator for nails is an action that rarely has any drawbacks, unless the person is hypersensitive to the substances entering it or if allergic reactions occur when the product comes into contact with the skin, which happens if it was used incorrectly.
The advantages of using this substance are undeniable:
- does not change the color of the final coating;
- perfectly removes the greasy layer from the surface of the nail, as well as all kinds of contaminants;
- prevents the development of fungal and bacterial infections;
- does not deplete the structure of the plate and does not corrode its surface;
- subject to the correct application of a quality composition suitable for sensitive skin;
- suitable for brittle, yellow and thin nails;
- dries nails and improves their adhesion;
- has an antimicrobial effect.
Rules for applying a dehydrator
The application of the dehydrator should be carried out very carefully with the following sequence:
- The master should work with gloves.
- First remove the excess cuticle and skin around the nail. You can do this with an orange tree stick or pusher.
- To remove the gloss from the surface of the nail with a grinding file, carefully brush off the dust with a hard brush.
- Gently apply the composition to the nail plate, avoiding contact with the skin and mucous membranes, so as not to get a chemical burn.
- The tool needs to be drawn onto the brush a little, carefully wiping it on the edge of the bottle.
- It is necessary to apply a dehydrator, starting from the center of the nail, after which it must independently spread on its surface.
- If the product has got on the skin area, immediately wash
it with running water.
- Before you start the next stage, you need to wait for the complete drying of the substance. This takes about 1 minute.
- The result of the correctly performed actions will be the whitish surface of the nail plate.
- Now comes the turn of the other steps for creating a manicure.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
Is it possible to replace the dehydrator with something
Having found out what it is, some nail service specialists decide to replace the dehydrator for nails with another remedy. This is especially true in the case of creating a home manicure, when the dehydrator suddenly ends, and there is simply no new bubble at hand. The Internet is full of different tips for this case, but not all of them are safe for the nail plate.
As an exception, you can use a liquid that removes nail polish containing acetone.
This tool has the ability to dry the nail plate, the main thing is that it does not contain perfumes or oils that can ruin the whole picture.
In addition, you can always have at hand such a household degreaser such as vinegar or medical alcohol. Their use is also possible, however, the effect that is achieved when using a dehydrator can hardly be expected.
Sometimes, to achieve this goal, boric acid or cologne are used, which have a much lower price than professional dehydrators. However, their effect on the nail plate and the expected effect leave much to be desired.
Overview of Popular Dehydrators
In the modern market you can find many dehydrators, both from popular brands of cosmetic products for professional manicure, as well as inexpensive economy class products.
This dehydrator has many advantages:
- 100% cleans the nail plate, preceding the application of artificial material;
- does not cause irritation in case of contact with the skin around the nail;
- restores the pH balance of the nail;
- leaves no residue;
- does not penetrate the lower parts of the nail structure;
- allowed for use before any type of coating, including for nail extension;
- does not include perfumes and dyes;
- completely evaporates from the nail plate.
The cost of the product is from $ 7 – $ 12 per bottle of 0,47 fluid ounce.
This type of dehydrator belongs to the most powerful means, it copes with such tasks:
- it is used before coating the nails with gel polish, acrylic, gel, bio – gel and ordinary nail polish;
- perfectly removes residual dirt;
- gently removes the oily layer;
- prepares the nail for any kind of coating, ensuring its long-term safety;
- does not violate the structure of the nail.
The cost of the product varies from $ 3 – $ 5 per 0,54 fluid ounce bottle.
This is such a dehydrator for nails that is used in beauty salons to increase the durability of manicure with the use of gel polish. This product is manufactured in the USA by Creative Nail Design.
Features of the tool:
- acid-free composition, providing softness of the active substance;
- convenient brush for applying with hairs of the required length;
- a means of a fairly dense texture, but at the same time it is easy to apply and does not spread;
- dries in 5 seconds without the need for a special lamp;
- extends the service life of manicure by 2 weeks;
- It has a rather strong smell.
The cost of funds for a 0,51 fluid ounce bottle is $ 8,16.
Nail Dehydrator PNB
The company producing the dehydrator of this brand is one of the most popular in the world.
- perfectly removes excess moisture;
- degreases the plate well;
- applicable for both home and professional manicure and pedicure;
- leaves no residue;
- does not require special drying;
- practically has no foreign smell.
Some masters emphasize that this tool dries the plate too much, due to which its free edge is curled. The cost of the product in 0,51 fluid ounce packaging is $ 8,84.
Lily angel dehydrator
This dehydrator is considered an excellent choice for natural nails.
Features of the tool:
- well dries the upper part of the structure of the nail;
- is an excellent base for the preparatory phase of any type of manicure;
- It is used both for applying gel polish and for nail extension;
- firmly binds all layers of the material with a natural nail;
- its combined use with a primer of the same company, allows you to get the perfect coupling;
- protects the nail from possible detachment of the material and the harmful effects of substances on its structure.
A 0,51 fluid ounce bottle of the drug will cost $ 3,54.
KODI NAIL FRESHER
This is a professional tool that provides several functions:
- cleansing and dehydration of the nail plate;
- degreasing of the surface;
- does not harm natural nails;
- well suited for nails that are prone to exfoliation;
- It is applied complete with a degreaser.
A bottle of 0,51 fluid ounce costs about $ 6,12.
This German product qualitatively performs the following actions:
- removes a layer of fat from the nail plate;
- disinfects the surface, removing dirt and removing germs;
- contributes to the successful application of subsequent layers;
- keeps the appearance of manicure up to 2 weeks;
- used to remove the sticky layer;
- Requires application with a tissue.
This tool can be purchased at a price of $ 2,04 per 4,06 fluid ounce
The American manufacturer has created a product that perfectly withstands the competition in the market of cosmetic products.
The product meets the following requirements:
- does not contain fragrances, dyes and fragrances;
- does not harm the body and the nail plate;
- used for different building techniques;
- can be used both at home and in the cabin;
- has a fairly strong aroma (its use is permissible only with a protective mask);
- It is spent economically;
- works well with other brands of manicure products;
- increases the period of wearing nails;
- Dries the nail surface well.
You can buy a 0,34 fluid ounce bottle for $ 3,54. Having found out what a dehydrator for nails is, one can assess the degree of usefulness of its use in creating a professional-quality manicure that will hold fast and delight its owner.
Video about dehydrators and primers for nails: what it is, how it is applied, famous brands
What is a primer for nails:
Overview of the popular 3 in 1 product – dehydrator, antiseptic, sticky layer remover:
What is it – Base coat for nails: