Every year, many people all over the world face the problem of skin rashes. In different patients, these problems can be caused by various factors, but they all have one thing in common – the desire to get rid of inflammatory processes. In the struggle for aesthetic appeal of the face, one of the popular remedies, according to reviews, is Metrogil acne gel.
- The composition of the funds
- Indications for use
- Advantages and disadvantages of the tool
- Application features
- Side effects
- Complex treatment
- Is the drug effective for demodicosis
- Can Metrogil be used during pregnancy and lactation
- Where to buy Metrogil gel
- Doctors reviews
- Customer reviews
- Acne Metrogil Gel Video
The composition of the funds
Metrogil gel contains the following active ingredients:
- Metronidozole – this component is the main active force of the drug. This substance has significant anti-inflammatory properties, acts as an antibiotic, which allows you to quickly cope with foci of infection. Also, metronidozole helps to dry the pathogenic environment, preventing microorganisms from multiplying, and antibacterial properties contribute to the speedy healing of injuries;
- high molecular weight carboxyvinyl polymer – used as a moisturizer to reduce the risk of micro burns and significant peeling;
- caustic soda – dries acne and fights bacteria;
- denatrium edetate is a preservative and stabilizer.
Metrogil gel has an anti-inflammatory effect, reducing the manifestation of even the most significant rashes in 3-5 days of use. The gel is particularly effective in bright focal lesions of the dermis.
After applying the gel, the skin is cleaned, the increased production of sebaceous glands is reduced, which leads to a long-term effect, provided that there are no hormonal disorders in the body. Metrogil gel is universal for most acne eruptions, which is precisely what made it a popular assistant, both for professionals and for laymen.
Indications for use
Acne Metrogil gel, reviews of which are given by most cosmetologists, has the following indications:
- acne – acne bright red, painful on palpation;
- milium – white acne;
- rosacea – large and small pink eels;
- comedones – black dots and blackheads in their place;
- steroid or drug acne;
- trophic ulcers of small diameter;
- seborrheic dermatitis on the eyebrows;
- prevention in the presence of cracks and minor damage to the skin.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
In the process of clinical studies, the following contraindications were identified:
- individual intolerance to metronidozole and its derivatives;
- first trimester pregnancy and lactation period;
- hypersensitivity of the skin.
Doctors recommend taking into account that during the study of the drug, all side effects that have been identified with this medicine are indicated, so you should not be afraid of contraindications and listen carefully to your feelings from using the drug.
Advantages and disadvantages of the tool
Advantages of metrogil gel:
- Metrogil gel has an affordable price compared to its more expensive counterparts and other similar means of action;
- the drug can remove even the most significant imperfections of the skin in a matter of days;
- Due to the gel consistency and almost colorless composition, this product is easy to apply and quickly absorbed, leaving no color marks on the face and oily sheen. The gel does not require rinsing and continues to act and protect damaged skin all day;
- Metrogil gel is hypoallergenic and in extremely rare cases causes minor adverse reactions of a local nature;
- during the application of Metrogil, you can not refuse decorative cosmetics, however, it is not recommended to abuse it;
- the drug is of American manufacture, therefore, has no undesirable margins.
The disadvantages of this tool:
- for the visible result requires complex therapy. It is best to use the gel after cosmetic cleansing of the face, as an addition to the main procedure;
- the degree of effectiveness of the product is different for different people, and for some, the gel is not always effective, and sometimes just useless;
- Metrogil gel is highly addictive, and in most cases, a second course is less or not effective;
- the algorithm of the tool determines the appearance of dryness and peeling at the application site, which forces the use of moisturizers in parallel.
When using Metrogil gel, there are a number of rules for use, following which you can not only significantly increase the effectiveness of the drug, but also avoid unpleasant application errors and allergic reactions.
- before applying on the face, the gel is applied to the bend of the elbow and aged 20 minutes. In the absence of a negative reaction of the skin to the components of the drug, you can start a course of treatment;
- the use of Metrogil is recommended after cosmetic cleansing of the face, so the effectiveness of the drug and procedure can be increased significantly;
- Application of the gel is only possible on clean, dry skin. After soaking, you can even apply hypoallergenic cosmetics;
- the use of this drug for a period of more than 5 days is not recommended, as addiction occurs, and the effectiveness of the course decreases;
- Metrogil gel is compatible with almost all medicines, but it is recommended to use it with caution in conjunction with Warfarin and its derivatives;
- with significant violations of the skin, the gel is applied up to 2 times a day;
- cosmetologists recommend immediately after taking the course of treatment with Metrogil to start using anti-scar agents, since this drug will not protect from post-acne scars;
- it is recommended to apply the gel with a special cosmetic stick or fingertips, previously thoroughly cleaned and rubbed with alcohol lotion.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the
Due to the low concentration of the active substance in Metrogil gel, side effects after use are extremely rare.
- dry throat;
- dry skin;
- itching and hives;
- increased tearing;
- individual sensitivity to the components of the drug;
- in extreme cases, cracks in the skin are possible.
Acne Metrogil gel (reviews and recommendations of specialists indicate that only complex treatment will achieve the best results) has long confirmed its high effectiveness. To improve the effect, it is recommended to use Metrogil in conjunction with other popular means.
These drugs may include:
- Retinoic ointment;
The face and hands are thoroughly cleaned (with tar soap, alcohol lotion, micellar water or foam for washing). Metrogil gel is applied locally to the affected skin in small portions.
For complete absorption, the gel takes 10-12 minutes. The procedure is recommended to be repeated in the morning and in the evening, however, with mild problems, the frequency of use should be reduced to once a day.
Is the drug effective for demodicosis
According to numerous comments on the Metrogil network, acne gel also successfully fights manifestations of demodicosis, a disease characterized by damage to the skin and hair structures by a parasitic tick. Often they try to treat such a disease with folk remedies, but, without observing the desired effect, the use of pharmacological preparations begins.
The active components of the Metrogil preparation are able to penetrate deep into the pathogenic habitat of the parasite and destroy it together with the demodex tick, and antibacterial substances contribute to the speedy healing of injuries.
However, it should be noted that in addition to Metrogil, drugs that are individually prescribed by a dermatologist should also be included in the course of therapy for demodicosis.
Can Metrogil be used during pregnancy and lactation
Acne Metrogil gel (which reviews are mostly positive) is a safe drug, however, experts recommend abstaining from its use by nursing mothers and pregnant women in the first 3 months of pregnancy.
It should also take into account the individual intolerance of the body of the components of the gel. Experts warn that an allergic reaction may occur with a supersaturation of the body of a pregnant woman with metranidozole.
Where to buy Metrogil gel
Metrogil gel is available in a 30 g metal tube. The gel has an average consistency and is not a bright color, which makes it easy to use during the day. Depending on the of the country and place of purchase, the cost varies from $ 2 – $ 3 per tube. The tube itself is distributed in a cardboard box with instructions for use.
Acne Metrogil gel, thanks to the positive feedback from doctors and cosmetologists, is sold everywhere:
- in online drug stores and drug stores. Often prices at such points of sale are lower, and with a bulk purchase there is an opportunity to save;
- pharmacies within walking distance;
- cosmetics and household chemical stores.
The drug can be purchased from a specialist who can also tell you in detail about the most effective methods of use and dosage.
Acne Metrogyl gel (reviews of which are widely represented on the Internet) has a wide range of antibacterial effects even on those bacteria that are capable of life without oxygen.
Most professionals, both in the field of dermatology and cosmetology, recommend this drug as an effective and budgetary tool for a short period of use.
Users of the drug consider this tool ideal in the ratio of price and quality. Indeed, for a small price, the desired effect is not achieved in all cases, and the inability to use it regularly makes this gel not the most popular long-term acne treatment.
An undoubted advantage is that the drug is ubiquitous, and it can always be found in stock.
Acne Metrogil gel, like most popular drugs, has several analogue remedies:
- Rosex is a cream mainly made in France. The price is significantly higher than Metrogil gel and ranges from $ 8 – $ 8. The main component – metronidozole is contained in a proportion of 0.75% per 1 gram. Such a tool is less effective than Metrogil, but it will be an ideal solution for sensitive skin and with slight redness.
- Rosamet is a Croatian preparation containing in its composition an identical active substance with metrogel – metronidozole in the amount of 0,34 fluid ounce per 1 g. Also in the composition are glycerol, beeswax and liquid paraffin, which determines the moisturizing properties of the cream and prevents the formation of peeling and itching. Available in a tube of 25 g. The price of Rosamet varies from $ 3 – $ 4 per tube.
- Metronidozole is a cream of American production, characterized by its budget. The active substance metronidozole contains 5 mg per gram of the drug. The price of the product starts from $ 0,68 and can reach up to $ 1,09.
- Klion – the drug is an analogue of metrogil. Contains 5 mg of active substance per 1 gram of medicine. However, it should be noted that Klion is available only in liquid form and in tablet form. But the price will greatly please – only $ 0,41;
- Baziron AS – a product that has benzoyl peroxide in its composition, effectively fights against the manifestations of acne, but the price of such a drug starts from $ 10,88.
All these drugs incorporate the active substance metronidazole. The difference in analogue means is the dosage of metronidozole, which directly determines the effectiveness of the product. If you take into account price comparisons, Metrogil gel has a significant advantage over analogues.
Among the many drugs on the American market, Metrogil acne g
el has not only a lot of positive reviews from doctors and ordinary people, but it is also a proven, affordable and affordable way to deal with various facial rashes in people at any age.
Acne Metrogil Gel Video
What is Metrogil gel and its use in dermatology:
How and how to treat demodecosis on the face: