The skin around the eyes is sensitive and tender. And it is she who gives the woman’s age, because facial wrinkles primarily appear around the eyes. In addition, traces of sleepless nights appear under the eyes – black circles, swelling and swelling – the consequences of an improper diet and fluid intake.
To remove the negative effects, use products for skin care factory-made and home-made. Conventional facial cosmetics are not suitable for this.
When to start care
The skin around the eyes should begin to be taken care of even before the appearance of wrinkles. The first care should be to use moisturizers. According to cosmetologists, special care should begin at the age of 18. This will avoid the early appearance of crow’s feet.
At this age, it is too early to use special anti-aging products. As an alternative to special cosmetics, moisturizers for the eyes and natural cosmetic oils should be preferred.
- To cleanse the skin of makeup residues, it is necessary to use products that are intended for the area around the eyes. When testing and choosing a product, they pay attention to their own feelings and give preference to the most comfortable cosmetics. The use of foaming compounds must be approached with caution, as it may get into the eyes. The best choice will be the funds recommended by ophthalmologists.
- Night cream should be applied before bedtime, about 40-60 minutes before going to bed. Day cream is applied in the morning after washing.
- Ointments and gels around the eyes are applied in accordance with the general principles of applying along the massage lines: when using the product under the eyebrow, distribute it from the nose to the outer corner of the eye, when applying the product to the lower eyelid, the movement is directed from the outer corner to the inner one. If the composition is correctly distributed, the skin does not stretched out.
- If the application is associated with lymphatic drainage massage, then it is necessary to move in a circle: when massaging the right eye – counterclockwise, when massaging the left eye – clockwise.
- Beauticians recommend applying with the ring finger, as it has the mildest effect.
- The movements during application should be driving, patting.
- Use a small amount of cream. Its volume is approximately equal to the grain of rice.
- The cream is not applied to the moving eyelid.
- Remove makeup using cotton pads soaked in specially designed composition. One of them needs to be placed under the eye, and the second soaking movements remove makeup. You do not need to usd the skin.
- If edema and blueness appear around the eyes, you need to choose a remedy with a drainage effect.
- If waterproof cosmetics are used, it is necessary to choose oil formulations, since only they are able to dissolve it.
- The best time for carrying out nursing procedures after 7 pm. The skin at this time actively perceives all the substances applied to it.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of funds.
What products are used to care for the skin around the eyes
The following products are used to care for the skin around the eyes: day cream, night cream, gels, serums, masks.
- Daily cream. It may have a moisturizing, nourishing or anti-aging property, contain hyaluronic acid.
- The night cream is more saturated with useful components, often it is more fat, has drainage properties.
- Eye masks give an almost immediate result, since under the influence of the greenhouse effect that is created during application, the components penetrate deep into the skin, intensively restore it, hyaluron molecules fill the skin. Some compounds need to be washed off, others not.
- Serums give a faster effect compared to creams and gels. Since they are composed of smaller molecules, the product penetrates deeper into the skin, restores it from the inside, and not only gives an external effect. The composition often contains hyaluronic acid, vitamins, peptides and antioxidants.
- The gel has a lighter texture, unlike creamy cosmetics, it is absorbed almost without residue. Creates a protective film that prevents the evaporation of moisture from the surface of the skin.
How to choose a remedy depending on age
At the age of 18-25, age-related changes are usually still not noticeable. However, even at this age, the skin around the eyes needs additional hydration. For care, moisturizers based on plant components are used. This will prevent the early appearance of wrinkles. Toward the age of 25, they begin to use a cream with hyaluronic acid.
In the period from 25 to 30 years, the skin around the eyes loses its tone. Upon closer inspection, the first wrinkles become noticeable. Cosmetologists advise using creams saturated with vitamins C, E (they give a tonic effect), rose extracts, witch hazel at this age.
At the age of 35-45 years, the skin tone decreases already noticeably, deep folds are formed in the corners of the eyes, bruises are common. It is recommended to use a special cream with anti-aging properties containing caffeine , antioxidants or other tonic substances. After 45 years, it is necessary to use products with a pronounced anti-aging effect in care, containing peptides, fatty acids, tonic and firming the skin, as the skin around the eyes sags, becomes thinner, bags under the eyes, folds form.
What should be in the composition
Since the skin around the eyes needs to be moisturized and nourished, it is neces
sary to choose care products with the appropriate components, for example, hyaluronic acid, retinol, peptides, plant extracts and oils.
Hyaluronic acid serves as a magnet for water molecules. So that a cream with hyaluronic acid does not cause edema, it must be applied at least an hour before bedtime. Eye care products can be equipped with UV filters – and this is the best option. They will eliminate the need to wear sunglasses to protect the skin from the harmful effects of sunlight.
What should not be in the composition
When choosing a skin care product around the eyes, you need to understand the composition. Conventional names may hide substances that either have a harmful effect on the skin or cause an allergic reaction.
- parabens (provoke allergies);
- lanolin (causes redness and swelling);
- Perfumery fragrances (contain toxic substances, including benzols and aldehydes);
- oils of mineral origin (clog pores, cause acne).
- Eye Revive Beauty Flash from This product contains wheat protein, white tea. It should be used in complex care with other Clarins care products. The cream nourishes and moisturizes the skin, eliminates traces of fatigue, including dark circles, bags, small wrinkles – after applying the product, they are noticeably smoothed. Most women give this tool the maximum rating. According to reviews, the cream gives an instant effect and is long-lasting. However, some may cause irritation. It costs about $ 41.
- Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum. The tool is a serum. It softens the skin, evens out its tone, removes circles under the eyes. It also eliminates peeling, returns a healthy skin color, does not contain odor and fragrances – eco-friendly. It eliminates small wrinkles. It has a light texture, due to which it is instantly absorbed into the skin and leaves a velvety effect after itself. In addition, the serum brightens pigment spots under the eyes, eliminates oily sheen and gives a dull skin. The main disadvantage of this tool is its high price – more than $ 41 per 1,01 fluid ounce.
- Payot My Payot Regard . Contains fruit extracts and antioxidants, suitable for dry tired skin. According to reviews, this remedy is ideal for bags under the eyes after a sleepless night. It moisturizes well. When applied, a light massage is performed thanks to the roller applicator. A cooling effect is observed. The product has a fluid texture and at the same time is spent sparingly. Among the shortcomings of a woman, she noted shine on the skin, the likelihood of an allergic reaction, cost and a mild effect. Cost – $ 27.
- Cream for the skin around the eyes Diademine LIFT +. The manufacturer positions this tool as anti-aging. It contains hyaluronic acid, reduces swelling and blue under the eyes. The cream has a dense consistency, is easily distributed and quickly absorbed into the skin, does not leave a sticky feeling after itself. According to customers, the cream perfectly moisturizes the skin under the eyes. However, promises about the anti-aging properties of the cream are overstated. The firmness of the skin is observed due to its hydration. Wrinkles can be smoothed out only by the smallest on still relatively young skin. For age 45+, this cream is rather weak. The price is $ 10,88.
- Eye Cream “Incredible Effect” from Oriflame. This product is available in small 0,51 fluid ounce jars. The product has practically no aroma. Its texture is thick, but at the same time it is well absorbed and leaves behind a feeling of lightness and freshness. It is spent sparingly. Result after application: reduction of wrinkles, puffiness. Not everyone removes circles under the eyes. However, with regard to moisture, it copes with this 100%. This remedy is only capable of superficial wrinkles. As women note, for its volume, the remedy is a little expensive. The price is $ 4,76.
- Eye cream from Himalaya Herbals. Opinions on this cream were evenly distributed and it is impossible to give an unambiguous assessment. As a caring composition for the eyes, he copes with his tasks. But the manufacturer positions this tool as preventing the appearance of dark circles, and, as women note, this function is weakly expressed. Dissatisfaction is caused by too greasy consistency. The cream itself has a beige hue, but does not leave a tinting effect on the skin. The price is $ 6,8.
Self-made skin care products around the eyes help to successfully fight wrinkles, bruises, and swelling. They smooth wrinkles, tone the skin and visually rejuvenate.
For this area of facial skin, homemade creams are widely used:
- Fresh parsley should be chopped either finely with a knife, or in a blender and 1 tablespoon. greens to combine with softened butter in an amount of 2 teaspoons.
- Unsalted pork fat can be melted in a steam bath and used to make cream. Take 1 tablespoon. liquid fat and add to it 2 tablespoon. any cosmetic oil. Use as a cream, but not more than 3 times a week.
- 1 teaspoons cocoa butter put in a small container in a water bath and melt, add 2 cap. sandalwood ether and fennel. Thoroughly mix the oils. After cooling, the composition will solidify again.
The use of oils provides a moisturizing and nourishing effect, you can prepare the composition according to the following recipes:
- Connect 1 teaspoons. apricot, olive, peach oils, add 5 drops of aevit.
- Mix 1 tablespoon. olive oil with 3 cap. Vitamin A and E. Apply morning and evening to the skin around the eyes, 30 minutes after application, soak the remaining product with a paper towel.
- Take 2 tablespoon. olive oil as a base, add 2 cap. rosemary and geranium, verbena, lubricate the skin around the eyes
- It is useful to apply natural butter with patting movements under the eyes at night.
- Oil tincture is prepared as follows. You need to t
ake 0.5 tablespoon. mint herbs, calendula and burdock in crushed form and leave to infuse, tightly closing the lid, in a dark place for 7 days.
They help from various age-related changes in the mask, they moisturize, cleanse, and saturate with vitamins:
- It is very simple to use fresh cucumber for the eyes. It just needs to be cut into thin plates and put them on the eyes. Such a compress is held for about 15 minutes.
- You can make a compress of fat cottage cheese. It is advisable to first put a piece of gauze on your eyes, and on top of the curd. After the mask, after 20 minutes, wash with cool water.
- Lubricate the skin with raw chicken yolk. 15 minutes after applying the product, you need to wash.
- A small piece of banana is chopped with a fork and 1 tablespoon is added. melted butter. Mix and apply under the eyes. Remove after 20 minutes.
- Fresh apricots are used in season. Separate the apricot pulp from the seed, usd it with a fork and mix with 1 teaspoons. high fat sour cream. Hold the composition for 15 minutes, then rinse.
- A mask made from honey, oatmeal and brewing black tea is suitable for dry skin care. It will take 2 teaspoons. beekeeping product, ground oatmeal in the amount of 2 tablespoon. and 1 tablespoon tea leaves. The components are mixed. If necessary, add a small amount of water. The mass should be similar in texture to sour cream. The mixture is placed in a steam bath and heated to about 40 degrees so that the flakes swell. Apply to the skin for 20 minutes, after removing the composition, apply eye cream.
- Sea buckthorn oil, cocoa butter and liquid vitamin E are combined in equal proportions. The resulting oil mixture is used 3 times a week as a mask. 20 minutes after application, the product must be washed off.
- Another recipe with parsley. But this time, a decoction is used. 1 tablespoon greens take 3,38 fluid ounce of boiling water, pour greens with water and insist in a hermetically sealed container for 15 minutes. It is not necessary to filter the liquid; raw potatoes, grated on a fine grater, are added to it, 1 tablespoon. any cosmetic oil, it can be a simple sunflower. After mixing the ingredients, apply a mask to the eyes. Having previously used gauze folded into several layers as a layer, spread the mixture for 20 minutes. The rest of the product after the procedure is soaked with a cotton pad. You do not need to wash your face.
- When brewing green or black tea, do not throw out tea bags. They can be put on the eyes. Tea leaves remove swelling and bruising under the eyes.
- A small piece of natural butter is melted in a water bath and the crumb of white bread is immersed in it. After soaking bread, grind it and impose this mass under the eyes for about 20 minutes. After the procedure, wash with warm water.
- Peel the avocado from the peel, take out the stone, knead the pulp with a fork and add to 1 tablespoon. of this mass the same amount of aloe gel. The mask is left for 10 minutes. First, remove the composition with a cotton pad, then with water. This composition gives an exceptional moisturizing effect, nourishes and tones the skin.
For each area of skin on the face, you need to choose your own care product. Especially careful care requires the skin around the eyes. For this, it is necessary to select a product that contains oils, vitamins and other caring components and a minimum amount of harmful substances. Taking into account the individual characteristics of the skin, home masks are prepared.
Eye Care Video
Caring for the skin around the eyes: