Removing unwanted body hair is a common cosmetic procedure. The greatest demand is laser hair removal. The most common question is which diode or alexandrite laser to choose
- Who Needs Laser Hair Removal
- Who is prohibited
- Diode laser
- Alexandrite Laser
- Preparation for laser hair removal
- Laser Removal Procedure
- How and why is cooling carried out
- Which laser is better to choose for facial hair removal
- Which laser is best for body hair removal
- Which laser is best for bikini hair removal
- Skin Care after Hair Removal
- Side effect of laser hair removal
- Effect duration
- Hair Removal Laser Videos
Who Needs Laser Hair Removal
- Hypertrichosis – increased hair growth in places where they should grow. The need for and the number of sessions is determined individually.
- Hirsutism – hard dark hair in women according to the male type (face, chest, stomach).
- Special requirements for the hygiene of workers in certain fields of activity (cooks), as well as athletes (swimmers, weightlifters, gymnasts).
- Hypersensitivity to other methods of ridding unwanted vegetation on the body, ingrown hairs.
Who is prohibited
The laser hair removal procedure (diode or alexandrite laser) has some undesirable consequences.
It is absolutely contraindicated for persons suffering from the following diseases:
- Diabetes mellitus in a decompensated stage;
- photodermatitis and somatic skin pathologies;
- malignant neoplasms;
- active pulmonary tuberculosis;
- systemic blood diseases;
- gray or fluffy hair;
- taking antibiotics of the tetracycline group;
- infectious diseases.
It is undesirable to carry out the procedure if:
- taking drugs that cause photosensitivity of the skin;
- the presence of herpes in the area of the procedure;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system in decompensation form;
- pregnancy, lactation period;
- benign neoplasms with a progressive tendency;
- hyperpigmented nevi;
- diffuse toxic goiter;
- taking hormonal drugs.
The principle of operation of a diode laser is to generate high power rays that heat the hair follicles. The wavelength is 810 nm. The destruction of the bulb occurs, the process of natural nutrition stops, and the hair itself brightens and thins.
At the time of ray generation, the skin is not injured, the degree of exposure is minimal. On the contrary, the diode laser procedure promotes the activation of skin regeneration processes, lightens pigmented areas, and smooths scars.
The advantages of a diode laser:
- hair in 90% of cases disappears forever;
- 4-6 procedures are enough to get the effect;
- interaction with any skin types is allowed, including tanned;
- minimum rehabilitation period;
- low probability of skin injuries, burns, pigmentation and irritation;
- equal effectiveness in the fight against both dark and light hairs.
In addition to many advantages, a diode laser has several disadvantages:
- High cost of the course.
- The need for a large number of sessions for owners of blond hair.
- Possible pain on thin, especially sensitive skin.
The main element of this type of laser is the natural stone alexandrite. He quickly heats up to high temperature, wavelength no more than 755 nm.
Advantages of alexandrite laser procedures:
- Proven over the years of use in aesthetic medicine, the high efficiency of the device.
- The minimum probability of negative consequences after the sessions.
- High efficiency removal of dark hair on fair skin.
- After the session, the skin tightens, becomes more elastic, unaesthetic pigmentation disappears.
- The duration of the effect, after a full course, the hair disappears for several years, and sometimes forever.
The disadvantages of the alexandrite laser include:
- Unpleasant sensations, soreness of the procedure.
- The need for at least 8-10 sessions.
- High cost of the procedure.
- Universality, since the alexandrite laser is suitable only for people with a certain type of appearance.
- A large number of contraindications and restrictions, a ban on artificial or natural tanning.
Preparation for laser hair removal
Laser hair removal, diode or alexandrite methods, require compliance with the rules for preliminary preparation.
- 10 days before the start of the first session, you should not visit the solarium or sunbathe in the open sun.
- For 2-3 weeks, all types of depilation are excluded, except for shaving. No need to pull out, lighten the hairs in the area of the procedure. To obtain an effective result, the hairs must have a dense dark rod and grow evenly.
- For 10 days, exclude the use of tetracycline antibiotics.
- For 3 days, you can not wipe with an alcohol-containing solution the epilated area of the skin.
- For several hours, the epilated area is thoroughly shaved, the skin is cleaned of previously applied cosmetics (deodorant, creams, makeup).
The use of a laser during menstruation is not recommended. It is better to perform it a few days before or after menstruation.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
Laser Removal Procedure
Laser hair removal, regardless of which method is chosen – diode or alexandrite, includes several mandatory steps:
- At the preparation stage, the beautician conducts testing. This will help to evaluate the skin reaction after contact with the laser, as well as choose the optimal level of energy. Much depends on individual sensations, pain threshold, medical indications.
- A beam is directed to the epilated area of the skin. It passes 5/32 inch and is absorbed by the substance melanin present in the human body.
- Light energy is converted in
to heat, the follicles and hair growth cells are heated to completely destroy them.
- There is a systemic alternation of pulses and cooling. If hair removal is performed on the face, the patient is wearing safety glasses that provide protection against harmful radiation.
- Step by step, the specialist continues to process the skin. The duration of the procedure, depending on the site and individual characteristics, can vary from 15 minutes to 2 hours.
How and why is cooling carried out
Laser hair removal (diode or alexandrite methods) has a general principle of exposure. Thanks to epidermal cooling, a specialist can use high fluences, reducing pain during the procedure.
There are several efficient cooling systems:
- Contact. A transducer integrated in the tip of the tool allows you to cool high thermal conductivity. The procedure delivers less discomfort and is performed as painlessly as possible. A cooling transducer protects the epidermis by creating a heat sink on its surface.
- Spray cryogen. The cooling spray is sprayed onto the epilated area before or after applying the pulse.
- Air cooling. The directional flow has a temperature of -34 C.
Which laser is better to choose for facial hair removal
The problem of unwanted facial hair can be solved with a laser. Which is better to choose – alexandrite or diode Features of the choice depend on individual characteristics, skin type, color and thickness of the hairs.
A diode laser allows you to remove vegetation in delicate areas as painlessly as possible, it works equally effectively on all 4 phototypes, including on dark skin. To remove hairs on the chin, antennae above the upper lip, 5-6 procedures are enough.
Alexandrite laser to remove facial hair is undesirable. It can cause pain, leave scars, and sometimes provoke the growth of new hair. Alexandrite laser is ineffective for gray, cannon or light hairs, as it interacts only with melanin.
Which laser is best for body hair removal
The skin on the body is less sensitive than on the face or in the bikini area. But when choosing a laser technique, several factors should be considered. Alexandrite laser is considered the “gold standard” in aesthetic cosmetology, so the most optimal choice for body hair removal.
The diameter of the nozzle is 23/32 inch, which will allow a single beam to process a large area of the skin. The frequency of flashes is 2 per second, this leads to the minimum time spent on the procedure. The painful sensation is relieved with an effective cooling system.
If the patient does not belong to the European phototype, it is better to give preference to the choice of a diode laser. It is more effective in removing blond hair and on tanned skin. It should be noted that after diode hair removal, the hair does not fall out immediately, but within 2 weeks, so it is more convenient to carry out the procedures in the cold season.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
Which laser is best for bikini hair removal
The bikini zone is a particularly sensitive area of the skin, so the right approach when choosing a technique is extremely important. Hair removal in this area can be deep or classic. A diode laser is considered the most effective for removing vegetation in the bikini area.
Due to its characteristics, the beam penetrates deeper into the skin, is absorbed to the maximum by melanin and is used for any shade of hairs. Another advantage of the choice for the sensitive area is the fact that the number of procedures required for the effect is much smaller in comparison with the alexandrite laser. A diode laser eliminates the appearance of burns and scars in particularly sensitive areas. A slight discomfort is possible, but with an effective cooling system, pain during the session is practically eliminated.
Skin Care after Hair Removal
To prolong the effect of the procedure, you should adhere to the recommendations:
- Immediately after the procedure and for the first two days, a soothing cream (Panthenol, Bepanten) is applied to the zone treated with a laser.
- The first 24 hours you can not wet the treated surface. Over the next 10 days, limit water procedures to 5-10 minutes.
- If hair removal is performed in the summer, treated parts of the body without sunscreen with an index of at least SPF35 are not exposed for 1-1.5 months.
- The first 3 days should abandon physical activity and all types of massage, refrain from going to the bath or sauna.
- Throughout the course, it is not recommended to pull out the growing hairs.
Side effect of laser hair removal
A highly effective and quick way to remove unwanted hair can cause discomfort, pain.
It also has several side effects:
- Perifollicular edema, erythema. It occurs immediately after the procedure and passes within a few hours. It does not require treatment.
- Burns. Since energy is converted into heat, burns are possible. This occurs due to inefficient cooling, violation of the technology of the procedure. Tanned skin is especially susceptible to burns, as well as IV and VI phototypes.
Folliculitis. Patients with hyperhidrosis have a risk of infla
mmation of the hair follicles. A side effect can also be observed in people visiting the pool between treatments.
- Conjunctivitis, decreased visual acuity. When carrying out laser hair removal of the facial zone, it is important to observe safety precautions – wear protective glasses to avoid injuring the organs of vision.
- Scarring , hyper- or hypopigmentation. As a result of a thermal burn below the level of the basement membrane, the patient may form a scar, develop hyper- or hypopigmentation.
The number of laser hair removal sessions, as well as the choice of a diode or alexandrite laser for hair removal, is determined individually. To achieve a result of an average of at least 7-10 procedures. The effect of laser hair removal can last for 4-5 years, but it all depends on the individual characteristics of the patient.
It is impossible to get rid of unwanted vegetation on the face, body or in the bikini area for life, but in the case of timely maintenance sessions, the effect of smooth skin can be made permanent.
Hair Removal Laser Videos
Diode or Alexandrite:
Bikini Hair Removal / Which laser is better: