Skipping – a method for losing weight and supporting the figure with the help of jumping rope – has gained extraordinary popularity. It is not necessary to exhaust yourself with rigid diets to lose extra pounds. The tables presented in the article will give extensive and detailed information about this fitness area.
- Skipping efficiency
- The use of a rope for weight loss
- Harm and contraindications
- Rope selection
- How much and how often do you need to do
- What is losing weight while jumping rope
- How to jump rope to lose weight
- 30 days skipping program
- Jump calories chart
- When to expect the first results
- Video about the benefits of jumping rope
The jump rope – one of the most interesting hobbies of childhood – is an excellent sports equipment for conducting effective cardio workouts. In terms of weight loss, skipping is more effective than diets, running and swimming. In 15 minutes Occupation occurs burning 200 kcal.
During skipping exercises, the muscles of the whole body are involved:
Regular training will lead to results such as:
- a beautiful, fit figure;
- excellent coordination.
The use of a rope for weight loss
Jumping on a skipping rope for weight loss (a table of calorie consumption is given later in the article) has the following advantages in terms of healing and getting rid of excess weight:
- Skipping is one of the most energy-intensive types of training. Up to 1000-1200 kcal can be spent per hour under a high-intensity load. In addition, such activities dull the feeling of hunger.
- Classes with a skipping rope are an excellent option for cardio training, which have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the heart and blood vessels, respiratory organs. A variety of exercises of high and low intensity will allow you to build an effective system of classes.
- Since almost all the muscles of the body are involved during jumps, the tonus of muscle tissue rises, and the blood supply to all body systems improves. The supply of organs with oxygen becomes more complete.
- Such exercises correct posture, develop a sense of balance, flexibility, and dexterity. Such skills will come in handy in everyday life, and while practicing other sports.
- Regular use of the rope will significantly reduce the risk of limb injuries. This is due to such a result of training as strengthening the muscles that protect the foot and ankle joint.
- Skipping is especially effective in terms of losing weight of the legs, hips, buttocks. An additional positive result is the flow of blood to the problem parts of the body.
- Workouts help build up arms and abdominals.
- Skip lessons perfectly charge with positive, increase mood.
- The jump rope is one of the most compact sports equipment that you can easily take with you wherever you go.
- Such sports equipment is available to everyone at a price.
- Minimum space is required for training: both a playground in the courtyard and a small room are suitable.
Harm and contraindications
The disadvantages of skipping include:
- Strong effect on the knee ligaments and joints.
- Great strain on the back and lower back.
If these areas of the body are relatively weak, training can cause quite serious health problems.
- The risk of injury (especially in the early days of classes, during training in skipping).
- The risk of harming the respiratory or cardiovascular system if the load is not properly distributed.
There is a fairly large list of contraindications for such classes:
- Too much weight (obesity of the 2nd or 3rd degree).
- Serious diseases of the heart, blood vessels.
- Hypertension or sudden changes in pressure.
- Diseases related to the musculoskeletal system.
- Visual impairment, eye diseases.
- Varicose disease.
- Pregnancy and the postpartum period.
- Headache or any other pain.
- Menstruation period.
It is also not recommended to skip on a full stomach. As for the technique of exercises, the main thing is that you cannot land with all your weight on your heels, creating an excessive load for all organs and systems of the body.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Jumping rope for weight loss (the table below will help determine the choice of equipment) are performed according to a specific technique. There are many parameters that you should pay attention to when buying a skipping rope used for this purpose.
|Rope Settings||Types and Description|
|View||Classical (suitable for training of various kinds, a good option for beginners)|
|High-speed (high speed, high intensity, ideal for skipping, effective fat burning; not recommended for beginners)|
|Athletic (training the arms and muscles of the shoulder girdle; large projectile weight (up to 7 pounds); suitable only for experienced athletes)|
|Model||Universal option (in greatest demand)|
|Male (in most cases this is an athletic type of equipment)|
|Children’s (plastic beads are distributed on a rope; don’t get tangled; there is no way to adjust the length; a suitable model for beginners)|
|Counter availability||Jump counter (displays the number of hops; necessary for athletes planning to develop exercise speed and endurance)|
|Calorie counter (shows the consumption of kilocalories, helps to track the results and make the optimal training schedule)|
|Cable Material||Rubber (rather heavy and inelastic material, the advantage is durability; does not get tangled; there is a length adjustment function; suitable for experienced athletes)|
r (is popular with boxers; does not mix up, has an average weight)
|Nylon (equipment of this composition is not used for intense sports training; a suitable kind of cable for beginners; it is soft, light, elastic)|
|Polyvinyl chloride (material in its properties is close to nylon; suitable for beginners and children; allows you to develop high speed, conduct classes of a sufficiently high intensity)|
|Silicone (the material is soft and light; there is a function for adjusting the length; a suitable option for warm-ups, fitness exercises for weight loss)|
|Steel (such a cord is usually coated with PVC or silicone; the material is strong and durable; perfect for high-speed workouts; it is dangerous for injury)|
|Rope (inexpensive, almost weightless, but easy to wear material; suitable for children; convenient for use in rhythmic gymnastics classes)|
|Handle Material||Neoprene (the most popular option; the material prevents slipping out of the hands by absorbing moisture)|
|Plastic (pleasant to the touch, quite comfortable material; handles can not slip out of the hands during exercise)|
|Wood (such handles are hypoallergenic, easy to use, practical)|
|Metal (has a tangible weight, effectively loads the muscles of the arms, chest, shoulders; used in the manufacture of athletic options)|
The main thing to consider when buying a projectile is the length of the cord. This value affects the effectiveness and safety of exercises. A short cable will make training uncomfortable and traumatic due to the ability to catch on his feet. Excessive length will contribute to the constant tangling of the rope.
The length of this sports equipment is directly dependent on the height of the person.
In this regard, there are two rules for choosing a rope:
- You should step on the central part of the cable and pull it along the body. The arms should touch the armpits, the length of the cable itself should reach the waist.
- It is necessary to place two handles in the hand and direct it forward perpendicular to the body. Size can be considered unsuitable if the cable is lying on the floor or does not come into contact with it at all. Ideally, the cord should lightly touch the surface of the floor.
In addition, experts have developed certain length standards that you can focus on:
|Human height, m||Rope length, m|
A great addition is the ability to control the length of the cable. When choosing equipment with such a function, it will always be possible to choose the optimal length of the rope for the most effective workouts.
Having assessed all the selection criteria, having weighed your abilities, you can confidently purchase a skipping rope and proceed to the exercises.
How much and how often do you need to do
A suitable start for training for beginners is the distribution of load and rest in a proportional ratio of 1: 2. For example, 10 minutes. classes alternate with a 20-minute break. At the same time, at least 5-25 jumps must be completed in one working interval. You need to do at least 3 times a week.
In the second week of training, the proportion of activity-rest changes by 1: 1. The number of lessons per week is brought up to 4 times. The number of jumps is gradually increasing. At the end of the first half of the month, the duration of jumps without a break should reach 2-3 minutes.
The third and fourth weeks are devoted to training in high-speed training, improving technology. Speed should be increased to 120 jumps per minute, which corresponds to 2 jumps per second. Then you need to gradually increase the duration of the working interval, and reduce the duration of breaks.
By the end of the month, one workout should be a 10-minute continuous lesson with high-speed jumps.
Each workout should be completed with stretching exercises for the muscles of the legs, hips, shoulder girdle. Such actions will help alleviate post-workout muscle pain.
For comparison: if aerobics is necessary to do complex and at least 40 minutes. per day, to see the first results of losing weight, then with a skipping rope enough 15-minute approaches. Skipping lessons can last 40 minutes, then the effectiveness of training will increase several times.
Interval cardiological 15-minute express training is suitable for those who do not have the opportunity to devote a lot of time to classes.
It is performed in the following sequence:
- 1 min. a warm-up warm-up takes place (classic jumps);
- 2 minutes. – the same jumps at a moderate pace;
- 2 minutes. given alternate jumps (moderate speed);
- 2 minutes. combined jumps are performed at a fast pace;
- 3 min. – basic jumps (moderate pace);
- 2 minutes. high jumps are carried out at a moderate speed;
- 2 minutes. classic (basic) jumps are performed at a fast pace;
- 1 min. – base jumps (slow speed).
Being engaged in such cardio training and losing weight at the same time, you can further strengthen the heart and blood vessels.
The intensity of the exercises must be planned based on their physical capabilities. You need to listen to the body during each lesson.
At the very beginning, you can make jumps without using a jump rope. This will help you quickly adapt to future workloads.
What is losing weight while jumping rope
During skipping, the main load falls on the buttocks, hips and legs.
The most optimal exercises with a skipping rope for weight loss of these parts of the body:
- Hops simultaneously on two legs.
- Alternate jumps with a change of left and right legs.
- Double turn rope exercises.
- Running on the spot.
- Options for jumping with a backswing.
- Cross rope jumps.
Gradually, you need to bring the speed of the exercises to 120 jumps per minute. There are numerous variations of jumps. Here you should be guided by your abilities and imagination. Rope exercises are also used to lose belly.
Focusing on the calorie consumption table, you can proceed to the following exercises:
- The cable should be folded in half, raise your hands up with a rope drawn, do tilts in different directions.
- You need to sit on the floor with straightened legs, pick up a rope folded 2 or 4 times in your hands. Then you should reach for the socks, trying to put a cable for them.
- A great way to strengthen the muscles of the lower press is jumping rope with a high knee lift.
Important! Training should be regular, at least 3 times a week. In this case, you should consume a lot of healthy fruits and vegetables and a minimum of flour baking. Subject to these conditions, the result will become noticeable very soon.
How to jump rope to lose weight
Knowing your exact weight, you can find out how much time per day you need to work out to achieve the optimal result. For example, with a weight of 132 pounds in half an hour, you can spend 400 kcal. A table of energy costs will help determine the degree of load and the duration of classes. It is presented below.
Getting rid of 2 pounds of weight involves spending 7000 kcal. Performing simple classical exercises with a skipping rope, eating properly, you can easily and quickly lose 4 -9 pounds of weight.
There are several methods of skipping for weight loss:
1. At home, you need to build obstacles, for example, from books. Their height is determined at will. Jumping requires overcoming obstacles. You can jump on one leg, or on two, or alternating legs.
2. An interval type of exercise that promotes weight loss in a short time. If the goal is to get rid of excess weight as soon as possible, you should start doing interval training, alternating them with jogging.
This training begins with 1 min. jumping in a calm rhythm, then 15 seconds you need to jump at maximum speed. The jumping speed is alternated in this way for 15 minutes. The change of load contributes to double energy consumption, compared with the expenditure of calories during the classic jumps in uniform mode.
3. There is an effective two-week weight loss technique. Skipping for 15-20 minutes. per day, you can reduce weight by 13 -18 pounds.
To do this, you must alternately perform the following exercises:
- Jumping 10 times:
- simultaneously with two legs;
- on the left foot;
- on the right foot;
- imitation of running.
- Jumping imaginary traits: back and forth. Start with 15-20 times.
- Alternating jumps: one is classic, the other with arms crossed and a rope – and so on up to 20 times.
- Now you need to imagine two lines: one in front, the other behind. Jumps are carried out alternately – on one line, then on another.
Performing exercises, you need to know the classic rope jumping technique:
- Handles must be kept at hip or waist level.
- During rotation, only the hands should work, the elbows are pressed to the body.
- The jump should begin with your knees slightly bent.
- Hops are carried out with a straight back.
- The muscles of the press must be tensed.
- The optimal height of the jumps is 0’8 – 1’6 inch from the floor.
- It is unacceptable to give a load to the full foot, as this may cause injuries to the knee joints.
Training should be carried out on an empty stomach. After classes, it is not recommended to eat within 1.5-2 hours.
30 days skipping program
Jumping rope for weight loss (the table below describes the 30-day exercise program) is recommended to start with a 10-minute warm-up to warm up the muscles and joints.
Experts have developed a 30-day schedule for daily training to effectively burn fat:
|Day||Number of jumps|
Note: on the first day you need to make 100 jumps, on the second – 130, on the third – 160, respectively; on the fourth day – a break. And so on on schedule. The planned daily load can be divided into 2-3 stages with short pauses. This scheme is optimal for beginners.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
Jump calories chart
Jumping rope for weight loss (the table below will help to track the results of training regarding spent calories) are very effective in terms of getting rid of extra pounds with a properly planned exercise schedule.
When to expect the first results
The first positive results of training can be expected after 5 lessons, provided that jumping rope is performed at least 4 times a week for 15-25 minutes.
Buttocks and lower legs will become more toned and elastic, the size of the hips will decrease. After a month, the stomach will noticeably change. And if you perform special techniques with a skipping rope for the muscles of the press, then a beautiful muscular relief will become noticeable.
Skipping classes effectively eliminate cellulite. During the jumps, the muscles acquire an additional tone, the outflow of lymph improves, the skin on the hips and buttocks becomes more elastic. The effect will be noticeable by the end of the first month of classes.
After 2 months of regular training, the state of the body as a whole will improve, a large amount of strength and energy will appear, the body will take on an attractive shape.
There are various training programs with a rope, allowing you to lose weight, strengthen the heart and respiratory system. The tables in the article clearly show the benefits and effectiveness of such exercises, help to create the optimal training scheme and decide on the choice of equipment.
Posted by: Olga Lavrova
Video about the benefits of jumping rope
How to lose weight by 18 pounds in 2 weeks with a skipping rope: