Laser hair removal is a simple and effective modern procedure for getting rid of unwanted hair in different parts of the body. It is popular among women and men, but has common contraindications and some consequences that are important to be aware of.
- Laser hair removal: what is it, the pros and cons, how is the procedure.
- From what age can you do laser hair removal with a neodymium and alexandrite laser.
- How do laser hair removal.
- Does it hurt to do laser hair removal.
- How to prepare for laser hair removal.
- What areas can be laser-hair removal.
- Facial hair removal: chin area, upper lip (removal of antennae), forehead, removal and correction of eyebrows.
- Epilation of the neck, armpits, chest, abdomen and back.
- Epilation of the intimate zone: deep bikini, buttocks, hips, legs.
- How much does laser hair removal cost for the whole body, on which the final price depends.
- How many laser hair removal procedures are needed to achieve the maximum effect, frequency.
- How many days does the hair fall after laser hair removal, how does this happen.
- Features of laser hair removal in specific cases.
- Is it possible to do laser hair removal during pregnancy.
- Is it possible to do laser hair removal while breastfeeding.
- Laser hair removal during menstruation.
- Whether hair grows after laser hair removal sessions and how long the effect lasts.
- How often do you need to do laser hair removal, how much does one procedure last, cost, effectiveness.
- Skin care after laser hair removal, how much you can not tan.
- Is laser hair removal harmful to health
- Laser hair removal: contraindications, possible consequences after laser hair removal, doctors reviews.
- Is it worth it to do laser hair removal, results, photos before and after.
- Laser Hair Removal Videos
Laser hair removal: what is it, the pros and cons, how is the procedure.
Laser hair removal is an effective way to get rid of unwanted skin vegetation. This happens by the destruction of the hair follicles under the influence of a light beam of high energy.
A light beam heats melanin, which is contained in sufficient quantities in the hairs. Thus destroying the hair follicles. As a result, hair can no longer grow in this place.
Until a certain time, laser hair removal was effective only on dark hair. There were also many contraindications, and subsequently hair growth quickly resumed.
With the development of the technological process in the beauty industry, hair color has ceased to be an obstacle to the hair removal procedure. It is only necessary to choose the right type of laser.
Like any cosmetic procedure, laser hair removal has its advantages and disadvantages. The benefits include:
- The contactlessness of the method, resulting in the impossibility of infection.
- Ability to treat a large area of skin in a short period of time.
- Minimal pain.
- The duration of the effect. Up to 5 years with perfectly smooth skin.
- Exclusion of damage to the skin.
The disadvantages include:
- If the laser is improperly selected, hyperpigmentation, burns or inflammation may occur.
- The need for repeated sessions. For complete hair removal, 4 to 10 sessions are required.
- Difficulty in removing blond hair, especially if it is lighter than skin.
The procedure itself is quite simple. On regrown hairs of 1/32 – 4/32 inch, the specialist affects the laser for a certain amount of time. From 10 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the treated area. During the procedure, both must have special safety glasses. If necessary, the patient’s skin is treated with an anesthetic gel.
From what age can you do laser hair removal with a neodymium and alexandrite laser.
The age threshold for laser hair removal does not have a clear framework. In this case, contraindications and possible consequences should be evaluated. However, experts have a consensus. Laser hair removal is not performed for adolescents who have not completed puberty.
Thus, it makes no sense to think about the procedure before 15-17 years. Hormonal restructuring in the body did not end, therefore, the growth of new hair after the procedure is guaranteed.
The first hairs are always thin and often light – this can be another reason for the ineffectiveness of hair removal with a neodymium and alexandrite laser, since they are designed to destroy darker and stiffer hair.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
How do laser hair removal.
Laser hair removal procedure begins with a consultation with a cosmetologist. It is clarified whether there are any contraindications, and the possible consequences are described. If everything is in order, the specialist proceeds to the beginning of the procedure.
Apply a little gel to the epilated skin area to better move the device over the skin. He puts on safety glasses for himself and the client.
Next, the beautician adjusts the laser to the desired power, based on the type of hair. The actual laser procedure is carried out. After the remainder of the gel is removed, a layer of panthenol-containing cosmetic product is applied to the skin.
This contributes to the speedy calming of the skin. After 10 minutes, the cream is removed and the laser hair removal procedure is considered complete. The cosmetologist gives recommendations for skin care and prescribes the next session after 4-8 weeks.
Does it hurt to do laser hair removal.
With an average pain threshold, sensations during laser hair removal are minimal. Characterized as tingling. For people with a low pain threshold, anesthetic gels may be used. People with a high pain threshold will not feel anything at all except a little warmth.
The use of anesthetics is especially important when carrying out the procedure in the bikini area, in the armpits or on the face. In these areas, the skin is softer and more sensitive.
How to prepare for laser hair removal.
One of the main nuances is the preparation for such a procedure as laser hair removal. Contraindications and consequences in this case will be minimized.
The preparation is as follows:
- To exclude any types of tanning, as well as the use of bronzing skin cosmetics at least two weeks before hair removal.
- Exclude the use of antibiotics 2 weeks before the procedure. If, due to illness, they were consumed, the session should be rescheduled.
- Exclude any options for hair removal a month before laser hair removal. You can only use a razor.
- A week before the procedure, you must stop using alcohol-based skin care products.
- Depending on the type of laser and the epilated area, it is necessary to shave either immediately before the procedure or the day before it.
What areas can be laser-hair removal.
Absolutely any area can be subjected to such a procedure as laser hair removal – contraindications and consequences will not change. The only difference is pain – the face, bikini area, armpits are more sensitive than legs or arms.
Facial hair removal: chin area, upper lip (removal of antennae), forehead, removal and correction of eyebrows.
Epilation of the chin area is usually divided into several areas. For complete hair removal, at least 5 sessions are required. Efficiency depends on the type of hair. If they are light, cannon type – the result will be subtle, and vice versa, if dark – the effect will be good.
The area above the upper lip is the most tender and sensitive. It is necessary to select power very accurately in order to completely eliminate possible damage to the skin. For a complete result, you must complete a course of at least 6 sessions.
The forehead is not the most popular area. Since the skin there is thin and relatively smooth, and the hairs are almost invisible . The use of laser hair removal will be ineffective.
For removal and correction of eyebrows 3-4 procedures are enough. Epilation of this zone is quite high efficiency, since the hairs are usually well pigmented.
Epilation of the neck, armpits, chest, abdomen and back.
Epilation in the neck will be most effective when using a diode laser. It is considered the softest. Well suited for removing thin and weakly pigmented hair. For complete removal, about 6 sessions will be required.
Axillaries are referred to hormone-dependent areas. The hairs on it are usually well pigmented and hard, you can cope with them with any kind of laser . That is why the effectiveness of the procedures is high, but with any hormonal deviation, repeated hair growth is possible.
The chest, abdomen and back are characterized by the presence of both thin, whitish hair and pigmented, long hairs. Only the last can be removed with a laser. Therefore, the effectiveness in this case will be formal, only the hair visible to the eye will disappear. Tactile zones will not be completely smooth.
Epilation of the intimate zone: deep bikini, buttocks, hips, legs.
Hair growth in the intimate zone also depends on the hormonal background of the body. The hair there is quite stiff and pigmented, so the efficiency will be high.
On the buttocks, the hairline is quite soft and light. The exception is black-haired, with dark skin people. Efficiency will depend on the type of hair.
The hips and lower legs lend themselves well to laser hair removal and after the course (5-8 sessions), you can completely get rid of hair and enjoy smooth skin.
How much does laser hair removal cost for the whole body, on which the final price depends.
The average price of one session of laser hair removal of the whole body is about $ 600. Therefore, the course must spend $ 4000-6500. The cost of the procedure in different institutions may vary. It depends on several factors:
- Qualification and education of a specialist. A certified doctor has more expensive services.
- Age and functionality of equipment. New advanced laser hair removal machines are very expensive. The costs of their purchase and maintenance are usually included in the cost of the procedure.
- The status of the institution. Fashionable, well-developed beauty salons and clinics value their services more than ordinary cosmetology rooms.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
How many laser hair removal procedures are needed to achieve the maximum effect, frequency.
Initially, the epidermis contains 25% of the hair follicles in the active phase, i.e. hair grows from them. The rest are in sleep mode. That is why one session is not enough for complete hair removal.
To achieve maximum results, it is necessary to undergo a course of procedures in the amount of 5-10 sessions, depending on the epilated area. They should be carried out with a sufficiently large interval.
Between the first and second sessions, 4-8 weeks are usually expected. This time is necessary to activate the remaining hair follicles. Between subsequent sessions, the time interval increases by approximately several weeks each time. Hair grows slower and thinner.
How many days does the hair fall after laser hair removal, how does this happen.
Immediately after laser hair removal, hair loss is not observed. This process will begin a few weeks later, sometimes earlier.
Beauticians explain this by the fact that the epidermis needs time to reject the dead bulb with hair. After a month, all the destroyed follicles fall out.
This happens without any sensations on the skin, almost imperceptibly.
Features of laser hair removal in specific cases.
During the course of laser hair removal, unforeseen circumstances such as pregnancy, breastfeeding or menstruation can occur. They can affect the outcome and effectiveness of the procedure.
Is it possible to do laser hair removal during pregnancy.
Laser hair removal can be performed during pregnancy in the early stages, i.e. in the first trimester. Studies have shown that there is no physical effect on the fetus.
However, due to hormonal changes in the body, the proper effect may not be. Allergic reactions are also possible. It is worth doing a tolerance test.
Before the procedure, it is necessary to consult a gynecologist conducting a pregnant woman. He may order additional tests. In most cases, the doctor will advise you to wait with an epilation before giving birth.
Is it possible to do laser hair removal while breastfeeding.
Laser hair removal during lactation is possible. It does not affect the quality and taste of milk.
The only exception is getting rid of hair in the nipple area. After the procedure, the skin needs rest and time for dying and subsequent hair loss.
This means that it will be necessary to take a break in breastfeeding for a month or a half. For the child, this is undoubted stress and an additional inconvenience for the mother.
Laser hair removal during menstruation.
Exposure to the laser during menstruation is not prohibited. However, if a woman has a low pain threshold, then 5 days before the onset of menstruation, during them and the next 5 days after are very painful. It is better to postpone the procedure for several weeks.
This is especially true for those who do laser hair removal in the bikini area, armpits or on the face (antennae). However, if everything is planned in advance, it can save the use of special anesthetics.
Whether hair grows after laser hair removal sessions and how long the effect lasts.
Hair growth after passing the course recommended by a specialist practically stops. This is due to the destruction of 95% of all hair follicles. Sometimes single hairs may appear, which is quite rare.
The effect of complete absence of hair lasts for 3-5 years. It all depends on the individual characteristics of the body and the hormonal background of the woman.
How often do you need to do laser hair removal, how much does one procedure last, cost, effectiveness.
The interval between laser hair removal sessions is from 1.5 to 4 months. The large variability of the intervals depends on the epilated zone, the intensity of hair growth, the number of sessions already conducted.
One laser hair removal procedure is enough to destroy almost all hair follicles in the active phase for several months. After, though slowly, the hair growth resumes.
The cost of one procedure depends on the size of the epilated area. The most common are:
- Bikini Zone – $ 100;
- The area above the upper lip is $ 15;
- Legs (full) – $ 150;
- Axillaries – $ 35;
- Buttocks – $ 70.
Skin care after laser hair removal, how much you can not tan.
Immediately after the procedure, redness of the skin may persist. During the first day it passes. It is also necessary in the first 24 hours to try not to wet the epilated area.
For 5 days, use the cream recommended by the specia
list who performed the procedure. This will ensure the speedy recovery of the dermis. The following recommendations should be taken especially seriously:
- Do not expose the skin to ultraviolet radiation for at least 20 days;
- Do not use any cosmetic products of heavy, oily consistency or with alcohol content;
- Not recommended visiting the baths, saunas for at least 1 month;
- It is necessary to postpone playing sports for a period of at least 10 days;
- Within 15 days do not use scrubs, hard washcloths;
- Limit access to the pool and any long water treatments for 14 days;
- Refuse to wash with hot water for two weeks. Only warm.
Is laser hair removal harmful to health
Laser elos hair removal can be extremely harmful to health. This is mainly due to the incompetence of a specialist and staff. Since the device is quite complex and requires careful selection of parameters and periodic adjustments even during the procedure.
Otherwise, subject to all the rules for preparation and care after the procedure, adverse side effects are excluded.
Laser hair removal: contraindications, possible consequences after laser hair removal, doctors reviews.
Contraindications to this procedure are:
- Skin defects – rashes, allergies, moles, mechanical and chemical damage to the skin;
- Pathological processes in the body – infections, oncology, diabetes mellitus, herpetic lesions;
- Allergy, predisposition to the formation of keloid scars, to varicose veins.
The manifestation of negative consequences is not excluded. Everyone has a specific reason:
- Redness, swelling, and pain are possible in the first few days. The reasons may be – increased sensitivity, dense hair growth on the treated area, insufficient cooling during the procedure.
- Folliculitis that occurs after a procedure such as laser hair removal. Contraindications and consequences due to ignoring the ban on visiting the pool, bath.
- Burns are a common occurrence. The reasons may be – improperly selected power of the light beam, dark and sensitive skin.
- Hyperpigmentation. The reason is non-compliance with the ban on ultraviolet radiation. Neglect in the use of sunscreens.
- Exacerbation of existing diseases. Occurs due to ignoring existing contraindications.
Doctors’ opinions come down to a consensus that laser hair removal is the safest and most durable way to get rid of hair. But only with the strict observance of all the recommendations in the preparation and care of the skin.
Is it worth it to do laser hair removal, results, photos before and after.
The main advantage of this method over others is painlessness and long-term effect. Another significant plus is the absence of hair regrowth in any zone and any person.
Laser hair removal – there are practically no contraindications and consequences in the procedure. Especially if you strictly follow all
Laser Hair Removal Videos
Contraindications and consequences of laser hair removal:
Contraindications for laser hair removal in the program “Fashion Tips”: