The press roller belongs to the category of gymnastic apparatus that strengthens the muscles of the torso, legs, back, arms. Also, exercising on the simulator can help in reducing excess weight.
- What is a roller for the press, the principle of its action
- Types of press rollers
- Criteria for choosing a gymnastic simulator for men and women
- Prices of the best simulators
- Exercises with a roller for the press: a list of the most effective
- Rolling off your knees
- Wall rental
- Wide and narrow frontal rental
- Oblique rental
- With one hand
- On one leg
- Oblique fold
- Safety regulations
- Number of sets and reps
- Useful Tips
- Press Video
What is a roller for the press, the principle of its action
The press roller, the exercises with which are described below, is a universal simulator suitable for beginners and professional athletes. The design of the projectile is considered simple. The simulator looks like a wheel with handles on the sides, which you need to hold on to while doing the exercises.
With such a shell, you can achieve quick results in achieving the perfect figure. It will take only 20-30 minutes of training per day and some money, since the price of a press simulator is not high. In the technique of performing exercises, there are some important nuances (the correct movement of the roller, the correct choice of the level of difficulty of the classes, as well as the best time for training).
Types of press rollers
You can purchase several types of shells:
- Unicycle or with 2 wheels. Such a roller does not have a return mechanism, consists of 1 or 2 wheels with handles. When performing tasks on a two-wheeled simulator, the person who is engaged will not have to keep their balance on their own.
- With return mechanism. The return mechanism allows avoiding an undesirable increase in the tension of all muscles, since with it the athlete takes the initial position smoothly, lowering the load on the lower back zone. This shell is perfect for beginners.
- Having pedals. The simulator, in the construction of which the pedal elements are inserted, enables the athlete to perform various exercises using the lower limbs.
- In the form of a trimmer with tensioners. The design of this kind of gymnastic apparatus has a double wheel with a fixed flexible cable. When performing tasks, the end of the cable is on the lower extremities, which helps to increase the load due to its tension.
- With a displaced center of gravity. The degree of difficulty in completing tasks is high. Scrolling a wheel with a shifted center of gravity requires a lot of effort, which is not suitable for a beginner.
Beginners are advised to purchase a projectile with a return mechanism for training. To maintain physical fitness, the last simulator of the above is perfect, as well as a roller, to the construction of which a cable is attached.
Criteria for choosing a gymnastic simulator for men and women
The press roller, the exercises with which are described below, should be selected based on the following recommendations:
- For beginners, a roller that has a return mechanism is perfect. With it, a person returns to their original position most smoothly and easily, thereby reducing the likelihood of injuries.
- Check the number of wheels in the simulator design. The more of these details, the easier it is to maintain balance for the student. When performing tasks on a one-wheeled projectile, the load on all muscles rises significantly.
- If you want to fully develop the muscles of the legs, you should choose a projectile that has additional elements in the form of pedals and grilles on them.
- An important role is played by the diameter of the wheel (more effort is required to train with a small-diameter projectile).
- Simulators with a shifted center of gravity are recommended for people with a high level of physical fitness, since such models increase the level of difficulty in completing tasks on the projectile.
- In addition, the weight of the roller must be checked. The heavier the simulator, the more difficult it will be to exercise on it.
- The projectile handles must be durable, with a rubberized coating (so that they do not slip during training), the design and all the fastenings should be as reliable as possible, made of high-quality materials.
- It is recommended to purchase goods from trusted manufacturers in specialized sports stores.
- If you want to increase the load, you can choose a simulator that has cables for tension, for stretching which will require a lot of effort.
Regular training can improve physical fitness and tighten the body of any person.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Prices of the best simulators
Below are the prices of rollers for the press:
|Type of projectile||Average cost (usd.)|
|With 1 wheel or two wheels.||150 – 500|
|With return mechanism.||350 – 700|
|With pedal elements.||700 – 1400|
|In the form of a trimmer with tensioners.||800 – 1500|
|With a displaced center of gravity.||300 – 400|
Exercises with a roller for the press: a list of the most effective
It is difficult for beginners to do tasks on the projectile, since for their implementation it is necessary to have strong muscles in order to maintain the weight of their torso. When using a projectile, the body moves, stretching the spine.
It is recommended to make all movements slowly. If there is a deflection in the back, then it is necessary to produce a shorter range of motion during rental or to make it from the knees.
A press roller will help strengthen groups of pectoral muscles, back, and press at a time; before exercise, it is recommended to warm up. Upon completion of classes, it is advisable to perform a stretching complex.
The bar helps to strengthen the stabilizer muscles and feel the correct position of holding the projectile and maintaining balance.
- First you should get on all fours in front of the simulator.
- Next, put the palms of both upper limbs on the projectile holders.
- Then you need to take the position of the bar, fully straightening the body. There should be one straight line between the head and lower extremities.
During the exercise, the muscles of the body must be tensed. Is it recommended to stand in the bar – 1 min. Then you should do 2 to 3 repetitions.
Rolling off your knees
This exercise is considered the next step in exercises with a gymnastic apparatus. For more convenient implementation of tasks it is allowed to lay a small thin pillow or thick towel under the knees.
- To begin with, it is recommended to kneel, and then put the upper limbs extended forward on the arms of the projectile.
- Next, you should tighten the abdominal muscles. This will help to avoid deflection of the lower dorsal.
- Then you need to slowly “drive” forward, as far as the forces allow. The straight upper limbs are considered an ideal position, the chest area is slightly elevated from the floor.
- After that, take the initial position (on your knees).
Repeat this exercise is 4 – 9 times.
It is recommended to begin the implementation of tasks with small ranges of advancement on the projectile, gradually increasing it to the maximum.
Rolling into the wall is another embodiment of the tasks on the simulator for beginners. The wall in this case is used as the focus point.
- It is recommended to take a kneeling position. The distance between the person and the wall should be about 3’3 foot.
- Then it should be rolled from the knees, the end of which should be the contact of the roller with the wall.
- Next, take the initial position.
This exercise is recommended to be performed very slowly, repeat another 4 to 9 times.
Wide and narrow frontal rental
The complexity of full rental on the simulator is considered high. A wide rack can lower the load a little. As you progress, you should narrow your legs until you can complete the task completely.
- First you need to put the lower limbs slightly wider than the shoulders, after which you should bend the body at the waist and put the inner side of the palms on the holders on the projectile.
- The back and upper limbs must be straightened. Next, you should roll the body forward to a horizontal position. At this time, it is recommended to rely on the fingers of the lower extremities. This position is similar to regular push-ups.
- Then you should roll the projectile to your legs, bending the body in the waist area, that is, return to the original position.
After that, another 4 to 9 repetitions should be done.
After learning to complete the previous exercises, it is recommended to add classes with oblique rolling, which works the oblique muscles of the abdomen.
- For starters, it is recommended to kneel, and then grasp the handle of the simulator.
- Next, you need to ride a little forward and turn the body to the left by 45 degrees, completing this exercise.
- Then you should return to the starting position and do the same as described above, but turn to the right side, after which also take the starting position.
Repeat oblique rental must be another 4 – 9 times.
With one hand
Hire on one arm has a high level of difficulty. In carrying out this task, the weight of the whole body rests on one of the upper limbs. It is permissible to practice rolling from one of the upper limbs, starting with a knee rack.
- First you need to stand in front of the projectile or take a position while kneeling (in the event that a light version of the workout is performed).
- After this, the body should be bent at the waist and one of the upper limbs should be taken by the roller handle.
- Then you can begin to gradually move forward, concentrating your attention on the muscles of the body. At this time, it is necessary to monitor the balance. It is acceptable to lightly touch the floor with your free hand.
- After that, return to the starting position. Next, do these actions with the other limb.
Repeat this exercise 2 to 4 times on each of the upper limbs.
On one leg
Rolling on a roller for a press on one leg is another difficult version of the exercise, which requires a large force of stabilizing muscles. It is recommended that you go on to such a training after you have fully mastered the rental on both lower limbs.
- To begin with, it is recommended to stand in front of the projectile, and then bend the torso in the waist area and take the upper limbs on the handle of the simulator.
- The back should be straightened, arms should be extended forward. Further advance along with the roller.
- Then lift the leg, as far as strength and muscles allow, and then stretch it.
- Next, you should take the starting position, not lowering the leg, but bending the body.
- After that, do the same with the second limb.
Do 4 to 9 more repetitions for each lower limb.
For folding, you need a shell with pedals for the lower extremities. This exercise is performed with the help of the legs, therefore, the muscles of the lower of the peritoneum, as well as the stabilizing muscles, are involved.
- First you need to fix the feet on the pedals, and then take the position of the strap. Hands should be extended in a straight line under the shoulders.
- Then roll the roller with the lower limbs, bending the knees and propping them to the chest. In this case, the upper body should be motionless at this time.
- Next, return to the starting position.
The fold is recommended to be repeated another 7 to 11 times.
When performing an oblique fold, the oblique muscles of the abdomen and stabilizer muscles are involved.
- To begin, fix the feet on the pedals and stand in the position of the usual bar. Hands should be fully extended and straightened in a straight line with the shoulders.
- Further advance the roller with the lower extremities, putting the knees to the elbow on the right.
- Then take the position of the usual ba
r and move your knees to the other elbow.
Make another 7 to 11 repetitions.
This exercise is similar to a normal crease, but the lower limbs should be straight when moving the roller.
- To begin with, it is also necessary to fix the feet in the pedal accessories and take the position of a regular bar. The upper limbs should be fully extended on the shoulders.
- It is necessary to use the muscles of the body and, without rushing, move the simulator to the upper body.
- Further bend at the hips, lifting the buttocks up.
- Then take the starting position.
It is recommended to repeat the peak another 7 to 11 times.
The goal of the classes is the activation of the muscles of the whole body. If the training is not carried out correctly, an increased load is applied to the spine and thigh muscles, which increases the likelihood of injury.
In the presence of back diseases, it is not recommended to conduct classes on the projectile.
Before training, you should familiarize yourself with the following recommendations:
- during the exercise, the abdominal muscles should be kept in tension, and all limbs and back should be in a straightened state;
- you need to check that the roller is moving, and not the gymnastic mat under it (or a pillow);
- in case of pain in the shoulder area, it is necessary to reduce the rental range;
It is also not strictly recommended to make deflections (in the of the lower back, knees and body) during exercise, the body should form a solid straight line.
Number of sets and reps
The press roller, the exercises with which are described above, should be used 1 to 2 times / week. This amount of training is enough for beginner athletes. Gradually, this number can be increased to 4 – 5 times a week. Classes are recommended to start with 2 repetitions per day, gradually increasing their number.
A press roller, exercises with which have a positive effect on the muscles of the whole body, is considered quite simple to master.
Working with the simulator requires knowledge of some rules:
- When dealing with this projectile, you need to monitor your breathing. Inhalation is recommended to be performed while tilting with the simulator, and exhalation when taking the initial position. The press strains during reverse movement, and exhalation helps to reduce the load.
- To increase the effectiveness of the training, it is recommended to perform at least 10 repetitions of each exercise.
- Classes should be held on a special gymnastic mat, which is best purchased with an anti-slip surface. This is necessary so that the feet do not slip when straightening the lower extremities, which will avoid falling and the occurrence of various injuries.
- Beginning athletes are encouraged to start classes with the easiest exercises, gradually increasing the complexity of the training, as well as increasing the number of approaches.
- When performing complex elements, you should adhere to a slow pace of movement.
The press roller is not recommended for use in the presence of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Also, contraindications for performing exercises on the simulator under consideration include: diseases of the cardiovascular system, postoperative period, as well as pregnancy.
Pros and cons of the gymnastic roller: