For the normal functioning of the body, a person must receive a sufficient amount of protein. You can make up for the lack of protein by preparing a protein shake made from natural ingredients at home.
- The value of proteins for the body
- Slimming Protein Shakes
- Mass Protein Shakes
- Why is it important to take protein shakes before and after training
- Basic and complementary protein shake products
- Is it possible to replace breakfast with a protein shake
- Protein Shake Guidelines
- How to cook without a blender
- Admission Rules
- Chocolate Recipe
- Whey Protein Recipe
- Ice cream cocktail
- For women
- For pregnant women
- Carbohydrate Protein
- With kefir
- With fruits
- With cereals
- With smoothie
- From eggs
- Using water
- Protein shake at night
- Without milk
- With cottage cheese
- With feijoa
- With spicy spices
- Protein Shake Video
The value of proteins for the body
Proteins are important for the human body, especially during the period of intensive growth, because they are the main component of tissues and cells, participate in their construction. When the growth process is complete, the proteins take part in the regeneration of dead cells.
Both a deficiency and an excess of protein affect such important processes as metabolism, reproduction, irritability, growth, and thinking.
Slimming Protein Shakes
Many people prefer to prepare a protein shake at home, because those sold in specialized stores with sports nutrition are suitable mainly for people who are professionally involved in sports, bodybuilders. Dry protein powders sold in a pharmacy are suitable for weight loss, however, they contain preservatives and are quite expensive.
If the intake regimen is chosen correctly and cocktails are taken regularly, then the effect on the body will be as follows:
- The metabolism will accelerate . This is due to the fact that the protein is digested for a long time and a lot of energy is spent on this process.
- The metabolism will increase . Every day more and more calories will be spent, even if the level of physical activity is very low.
- Feeling of hunger will decrease . This effect is created due to the fact that protein-based cocktails are slowly absorbed and digested for a long time, so hunger does not occur for a long time.
- Muscle mass will remain . This means that there will be no stretch marks or sagging skin, the figure will take on embossed shapes.
- Will remain operational . Protein shakes are distinguished by this feature – at a high energy value, they are low-calorie, therefore, having drunk such a drink in the morning, the feeling of vigor remains throughout the day.
- Variety . If the drink is prepared at home, then the ingredients for it can be independently selected in such a way as to make your diet not only healthy, but also tasty.
Mass Protein Shakes
The goal of a protein shake – the purpose of which is to gain muscle mass – is to maintain the required level of protein in the body. The drink has a positive effect on the endurance and strength indicators of the athlete, increasing them by 70% and 40%, respectively.
A single dose should not exceed 10,14 fluid ounce. The first time 30 minutes before classes and 30 minutes after them. The maximum temperature of the drink is 37,4 – 44,6°F. Preference should be given to cocktails that are prepared at home.
Why is it important to take protein shakes before and after training
Athletes are recommended to take protein in liquid form before going to the gym and after. This is due to the fact that, drinking a drink before a workout, a person provides his body with amino acids and the energy that is needed during it. Training is stress for the body and, providing it with the necessary amount of protein, the athlete makes training more productive.
Protein intake after exercise ensures filling the so-called protein-carbohydrate window.
Basic and complementary protein shake products
The main ingredient of a protein shake prepared at home is protein in all its manifestations:
- cottage cheese;
Additional ingredients – fiber and vitamins:
The amount and fat content of the ingredients depends on what purpose the drink will be used for – weight loss or muscle building.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Is it possible to replace breakfast with a protein shake
Nutritionists do not recommend replacing breakfast with a protein shake. Firstly, complex carbohydrates should be included in the morning meal, and secondly, protein in the morning overloads the stomach, liver and intestines. It will be more useful to replace lunch or dinner, a second breakfast or afternoon snack with such a cocktail – it all depends on the chosen intake regimen.
Protein Shake Guidelines
Before proceeding with the preparation, it is necessary to determine the basis of the cocktail:
- milk (including soy or almond);
- yogurt (including homemade, leavened).
The base must be fat free and must not contain sugar or any other sweeteners.
Next is added a second ingredient, which should also contain protein. For instance:
- cottage cheese;
- oil (peanut or almond);
- powdered milk;
- protein (powder).
These foods should also not contain sugar and salt. The amount of fat should be minimal.
Further – vitamins, fiber, trace elements (berries, fruits):
- orange, mandarin;
To enrich the drink with additional protein and to acquire a pleasant consistency, you need to add:
- bran (rye).
These ingredients are added to choose from, in the amount of 2-3 tablespoon.
To give the drink a special taste and aroma, spices are added (optional):
- shavings (coconut, chocolate);
You must load the selected components into a blender, beat for 1 minute. You need to drink slowly, in small sips, immediately after preparation.
How to cook without a blender
If there is no blender, then you can use a shaker or a regular jar. All ingredients are well kneaded with a fork, transferred to a shaker or jar and shaken well for 1 minute.
In order not to harm the body, you should follow some rules of use:
- Drink no more than 10,14 fluid ounce of a cocktail at a time.
- To drink not in one gulp, but slowly, in small sips.
- Keep track of the temperature of the drink, which should not exceed 98,6 – 46,4°F.
- Take a drink before and after a workout.
- If the goal is weight loss, then you should choose a regimen, but no more than twice a day.
- If the goal is professional sport, then the technique should be divided evenly throughout the day, to evenly distribute and maintain the level of amino acids and proteins in the body.
- Adjust the diet so that you do not eat protein more than the allowable daily allowance.
Protein shakes with cocoa, cookies, chocolate help build muscle. In addition, such a drink helps to restore strength after a cardio workout, fills with energy.
- cottage cheese – 100 g;
- cocoa – 1 teaspoons;
- honey – 1 teaspoons;
- skim milk – 5,07 fluid ounce;
- vanilla or cinnamon (to taste).
You must mix all the ingredients in a blender.
- egg white – 5 pcs.;
- chocolate syrup – 2 teaspoons;
- skim milk – 5,07 fluid ounce;
- chocolate chip cookies – 50 g.
You need to beat the mixture in a blender, drink at least 1.5 hours after the end of the workout.
Whey Protein Recipe
- peanut butter – 2 tablespoon .;
- skim milk – 150 g;
- banana – 1 pc.;
- whey protein (with chocolate flavor) – 1 spoon (measured);
- water – by eye.
Ice cream cocktail
To prepare a drink, you need to take 10,14 fluid ounce of regular milk, 3 teaspoons. milk powder, ice cream – 100 g, egg – 1 pc. You need to drink a drink one hour before the workout.
Women usually take protein drinks in order to lose weight . But even if the representative of the fair sex does not want to build muscle, then when taking proteins she should still perform at least minimal physical exercises. Then the process of losing weight will be not only high-quality, but also tasty, especially if you add strawberries and chocolate to drinks.
- Vodichka – 1 tablespoon .;
- protein powder – 2 tablespoon .;
- whipped cream – 1 tablespoon;
- cocoa or chocolate in the form of chips.
- non-fat milk – 1 tablespoon .;
- protein (powder) – 2 tablespoon;
- strawberry (fresh or frozen) – 4 berries;
- cocoa – 1 teaspoons
In this recipe, strawberries can be replaced with other berries.
For pregnant women
Pregnant women need more protein than normal. Therefore, during pregnancy, they resort to taking protein shakes (if it is not possible to get the protein to the norm from food).
But you need to be careful, because Some powders for the preparation of drinks include various herbs and substances prohibited for use during pregnancy.
Also, you can not take cocktails intended for athletes, they are aimed at increasing muscle mass. Despite the apparent safety, the drink has contraindications, including pregnancy.
The best option is a protein shake made from natural ingredients, which can easily be made at home. But before use, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
To prepare a carbohydrate-protein drink, they take protein – milk, cottage cheese, eggs (without yolk), yogurt. Next, carbohydrates (fast) are added in the form of honey, banana, jam, berries.
- milk – 5,07 fluid ounce;
- fat-free cottage cheese – 100 g;
- lemon juice (to taste);
- banana – 0.5 pcs.;
- honey – 1 tablespoon
It is used both to build muscle and to reduce volume. Kefir helps cleanse the body and saturate it with BZHU, micro and macro elements, vitamins.
- 6,76 fluid ounce of kefir + 1 apple (green), peeled + honey (1 large tablespoons).
- 100 g low-fat cottage cheese + 6,76 fluid ounce kefir + 1 medium-sized banana + 100 g apple juice.
- Honey (1 tablespoon) + egg (1 pc.) + Kefirchik (1 tablespoon) + walnuts (1 tablespoon).
A protein shake with fruits is easy to make at home. They take milk or kefir as a basis, add fruits (banana, kiwi, tangerines, oranges) or juice (orange, apple, pineapple).
- milk (fat is not important) – 100 g;
- juice (freshly squeezed) – 6,76 fluid ounce;
- yogurt (natural) – 3,38 fluid ounce;
- ice – a couple of cubes.
- milk (soy) – 6,76 fluid ounce;
- kefirchik (low fat) – 3,38 fluid ounce;
- tangerine – 2 pcs.;
- linseed oil – 1 small spoon
Cereal cocktails have excellent taste characteristics, help maintain the desired physical shape and have a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin, nails and hair.
- 2 tablespoon oats;
- 50 g cranberries (can be replaced with lingonberries);
- 150 g curd;
- 100 g of water.
- 2 tablespoon oatmeal (cereal);
- 100 g of strawberries;
- 3,38 fluid ounce milk;
- 1 teaspoons honey.
- 6,76 fluid ounce of fresh milk;
- 100 g low-fat cottage cheese;
- 3 tablespoon oatmeal (cereal);
- banana – 1 pc.;
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- oatmeal (cereal) – 2 tablespoon .;
- wheat – 2 tablespoon;
- cottage cheese (low in fat) – 100 g;
- 6,76 fluid ounce milk;
- linseed oil – 1 tablespoon. (optional).
For the preparation of protein smoothies used:
- protein powder;
- cottage cheese (low fat);
- yogurt (Greek);
- peanut paste.
- flax seeds;
- oatmeal and more.
For example, such a recipe:
- 1 cup of coffee (sugar free);
- banana – 1-1.5 pcs.;
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds;
- 2 teaspoons honey;
- 1 tablespoon. yogurt;
- ice – a few cubes.
Or like this:
- 1.5 tablespoon. milk;
- 1 egg
- 2 t
ablespoon cocoa powder;
- 0.25 Art. protein powder;
- half a teaspoon of vanilla; 1.5 tablespoon honey.
Before adding milk, you need to boil it.
Such drinks are prepared using:
- cocoa powder;
- various nuts;
- pumpkin or sunflower seeds;
- spices (pepper, cinnamon, cloves).
They combine all the positive qualities of protein shakes, give energy and produce a tonic effect. They are taken before lunch, preferably before a cardio workout, about 2 hours before it.
- milk – 6,76 fluid ounce;
- almond nuts – 30 g;
- vanilla and coffee to taste.
- kefir – 150 g;
- eggs (preferably quail) – 4 pcs.;
- walnuts – 20 g;
- dill greens – 20 g;
- parsley – 10 g;
- cottage cheese – 50 g;
- red pepper – a pinch.
- yogurt (non-greasy) – 200g;
- peanuts – 10 g;
- walnuts – 10 g;
- seeds – 20 g;
- cocoa powder – 10 g.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
Such a drink has many advantages:
- If you add oatmeal (cereal) or eat it with bread – it replaces breakfast.
- Appetite decreases.
- There is no desire to eat for a long time, due to the fact that the digestion of protein is spent quite a lot of time.
- Strength after visiting the gym is restored in a short period of time.
- It is easy to prepare, in a short period of time.
- Low-calorie, therefore, helps to quickly get rid of subcutaneous fat, but only if the egg yolk was not used in the preparation.
- Such a drink is a storehouse of vitamins and all the necessary amino acids.
For the preparation of an egg shake, nutritionists recommend using only protein, as it has very few calories, unlike the yolk. It is also recommended to boil eggs in order to avoid infection with infectious diseases, and also for the reason that the boiled protein is absorbed by the body completely, and raw only by 60%.
Ideally, you need to use quail eggs, but you can also use ready-made egg powder.
- To increase body weight : a cup of kefir; egg (without yolk – weight loss; with yolk – weight gain); 1 tablespoon honey; shabby nut for sprinkling on top.
- To increase muscle . You need to eat during the day between meals. 1 bullseye; 1 carrot; 1 testicle; 1 tablespoon honey; 1 tablespoon. grape juice.
- Suitable instead of breakfast : 100 g curd; 1 tablespoon. milk; 1 testicle; 100 g banana (or other fruits, berries); 1 tablespoon honey.
A drink with water is prepared when the athlete breeds in it a purchased powder with proteins or if the purchased protein is not used in its pure form, but with the addition of berries, cottage cheese, fruits, yogurt.
If the ingredient taken as the basis is water, to which fruits, vegetables, berries are added, but dry protein and dairy products are not added, then it will be a smoothie, not a protein shake.
Recipe with water:
- protein (whey) – 1 scoop;
- oatmeal – 1 bag or 3 tablespoons;
- vodichka – 1 cup;
- canned peaches (syrup drained) – 0.5 cans.
Protein shake at night
Toward night, a protein shake made at home is recommended for athletes to use to stop the catabolic processes that activate at night with protein. And girls who want to lose weight are recommended to drink a drink prepared on casein protein or soya at night.
- cottage cheese – 200 g;
- kefirchik – 100 g;
- juice – 100 g;
- banana or persimmon .
- testicle – 1 pc.;
- honey – 1 tablespoon;
- walnuts (chopped) – 1 tablespoon;
- kefirchik – 1 tablespoon.
With cottage cheese
- cottage cheese – 200 g;
- honey – 50 g;
- egg powder diluted with milk – 60 g;
- sour cream – 1 tablespoon
- cottage cheese – 250 g;
- clotted milk – 250 g;
- wheat germ (oat bran) – 1 tablespoon;
- linseed oil – 1 tablespoon.
Combine feijoa (a couple of pieces) with a banana (half) and with fermented baked milk (or cottage cheese with a low percentage of fat content). Such a drink will help to lose weight if they replace dinner.
With spicy spices
A home-made protein shake with spices will be slightly spicy. It will accelerate the metabolism and accelerate the process of fat burning.
You can’t eat it before the start of classes, but you can easily replace it with dinner:
- 400 g curd;
- 6,76 fluid ounce of water;
- 10-15 g of sweet paprika (can be replaced with cinnamon, for problems with the gastrointestinal tract).
Protein shakes are useful for both men and women, including pregnant women. They help to gain muscle mass or lose weight, supply the body with energy and contribute to good health.
Protein Shake Video
How to make a protein shake at home, find out in the video clip:
Muscle Growth Protein Shake: