Cracks on the heels not only spoil the appearance of the foot, but also interfere in everyday life, clinging to nylon products or socks. They can also signal health problems, so the remedy for them should eliminate not only the symptoms, but the causes of the problem.
- Causes of Heel Cracks
- Treatment of deep cracks with pharmacy creams and ointments
- Mask socks from cracks
- Foot baths with soap and soda
- Ammonia treatment
- Peroxide Recipe
- Aloe Vera
- Vitamin E Treatment
- Calendula for cracked heels
- Cracked honey cake
- Recipe with wood lice
- Apple bite treatment
- Vinegar with glycerin
- Herbal Ointment
- Egg yolk cream
- Egg and vinegar oil
- Means with resin
- Onion husk treatment
- Plantain root remedy
- Onion ointment
- Sour milk treatment
- Compress with cabbage
- Means with tiling
- Cracked potato
- Paraffin Recipe
- Means with solidol
- Laundry soap treatment
- Nettle recipe
- Doctors advice on crack heel prevention
- Useful Heel Crack Treatment Videos
Causes of Heel Cracks
Cracks in the skin of the heels can appear both due to external influences, and because of internal disorders in the body.
The most common causes are:
- Foot fungus.
- Neglecting the rules of foot hygiene.
- Poorly selected shoes (made of airtight artificial materials, small in size, not appropriate for the season) or wearing warm shoes throughout the day.
- Socks / pantyhose made of materials that cause irritation or improper care (rare washing or washing with allergy-provoking powders).
- Deficiency or excess of vitamins, especially A and E.
- Excessive peeling of the feet.
- Walking barefoot.
- Change of climatic conditions.
- Thyroid problems.
- Dermatitis, psoriasis and similar skin diseases.
- Digestive system problems.
Treatment of deep cracks with pharmacy creams and ointments
If the cracks are deep, then a person may experience serious discomfort, pain when walking and wearing shoes. To combat this problem, it is better to turn to special drugs from the pharmacy.
- Ointment Balzamed. The product softens and moisturizes the skin, has a healing effect. Contains urea, essential oils, vitamins A, E, F and B5. Can also be used as a preventative measure against dryness. Apply to the heels with massaging movements 1 time per day. Available in tubes of 1,35 fluid ounce.
- Cream Healer. It is recommended against corns and calluses, but also protects against cracks, relieves leg fatigue. The composition includes urea, oak bark, vitamin E and tea tree oil. It is applied daily. Sold in 1,69 fluid ounce tubes, dispenser included.
- Ointment Radevit Active. Enriched with vitamins, and therefore advised for cracks caused by vitamin deficiency. It acts healing and moisturizing. It is applied 2 times a day. For the best effect, it is better to use it 1 time at night, put on socks made of natural materials and wrap your feet in a blanket. Available in tubes of different volumes.
Any product is applied only to clean feet. Use continues until cracks disappear.
Mask socks from cracks
There are ready-made masks for the legs, which are made for the same purpose as for the face. They are already ready for application – nothing to cook and knead. This is very convenient, although a quality purchased mask will cost more than a homemade one.
Sock mask examples:
- Skinlite “Apricot”, intensively restoring mask-socks for legs. Country of origin – Korea. Cheaper than analogs, but can not cope with very rough skin. Keep on the feet for half an hour. Residues can be applied to the lower legs for moisturizing, and then also washed off.
- Skinlite Exfoliating Foot Mask. It has an exfoliating effect. Keep 1.5-2 hours. Immediately after washing off, the active process of exfoliation of the skin begins and continues until it is completely renewed. Advantage – there are 2 categories of sizes: 35-40 and 40+.
- Purederm Exfoliating Foot Mask. An expensive but high-quality mask that provides gradual exfoliation of old skin during the week. It helps against calluses. Keep on your feet 1-1.5 hours, use no more than 3 times a year.
- Wash feet, for best results, steam out with hot water.
- Open the packaging and put on a mask. Warm socks on top will help enhance the effect.
- After the time indicated on the packaging, rinse off the mask.
Foot baths with soap and soda
The remedy for cracks in the heels does not have to be expensive and complex in composition. The ingredients that are always at home will also help.
Soap kills bacteria and creates foam, and soda softens the skin and penetrates its pores. Such a bath is especially useful for people suffering from foot fungus, as soda is known for its antifungal properties.
It is not recommended to take flavored toilet soap – it can cause irritation instead of helping the skin of the feet. It is better to use the laundry detergent, as it copes better with germs than others, but sometimes laundry soap provokes dryness, and some people smell it unpleasant.
A good option is baby soap. It is designed for delicate and sensitive skin, eliminates the occurrence of allergies and peeling.
- Fill the pelvis with hot water so that the feet can completely sink.
- Add 1 large tablespoons of soda and 1 large tablespoons of shabby soap.
- Beat the contents of the pelvis until a soapy foam appears.
- Immerse your feet in water and take a bath until the water has cooled.
Ammonia disinfects the skin, helps fight fungus and excessive sweating. Elimination of these causes will remove the problem of cracked heels. In its pure form, ammonia can not be used, the best effect will be the mixing of ammonia with glycerin.
- Steam your feet in hot water (you can make a soap-salt or herbal bath).
- In a circular motion pumice to process the heels.
- Dry thoroughly.
- In a separate container, mix ammonia and glycerin in a ratio of 1: 1, soak gauze in the mixture.
- Attach to cracks, wrap with polyethylene and insulate with socks.
- Leave for a few hours. It is best for the whole night if the procedure is performed in the evening.
Cracks in the heels caused by fungus, sweating and dermatitis are effectively treated with hydrogen peroxide. The activity of bacteria from peroxide baths will significantly decrease, and the skin will become softer.
Carrying out the procedure (recommended at night):
- Pour hot water into the bath container so that it reaches the ankles.
- Add 4 tablespoon of peroxide. If there is no tingling or burning sensation during the procedure, then the next time you can add 5 tablespoons, etc., until the amount of peroxide reaches 8 tablespoon
- Keep feet in water until cool.
- Get wet with a towel, apply a moisturizer and put on warm socks.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
Aloe softens the skin, heals and disinfects wounds, so it can be used for deep cracks. There are several ways to use it.
Mask. The procedure:
- Aloe pass through a meat grinder to get gruel.
- Apply to washed feet.
- Wrap with cling film or plastic bag.
- Wear socks.
- Leave overnight, rinse with warm water in the morning.
Bath. The procedure:
- Cut 4 medium leaves of aloe and pour 0,4 gallon of water.
- Put on the stove and keep there for 15 minutes. It is important to regulate the fire so that the water does not boil.
- Insist 3 hours
- Add as much hot water as necessary to immerse your feet to the level of your ankles.
- Keep your feet in the bath for 20 minutes, then wipe with a towel.
Vitamin E Treatment
Vitamin E helps cellular respiration, improves the functioning of the cardiovascular system and tissue regeneration. Its deficiency can provoke skin problems, including cracks in the heels. When signs of drying of the heels appear, the intake of products containing vitamin E should be increased.
- oils of vegetable and animal origin;
- sunflower seeds;
If cracks have already appeared, then they can be rubbed on the heels before bedtime with liquid vitamin E, which is sold in pharmacies. After that, it is better to wear tight socks made of natural fibers to create an air gap.
Calendula for cracked heels
The remedy for cracks on the heels with calendula can be purchased or prepared independently. Purchased ointment is applied to steamed legs to soften and nourish. To also enrich the skin with vitamins, you can usd a few drops of vitamin A and / or E. together with the ointment.
Ointment can be prepared by yourself. Only calendula oil and beeswax are required in a 15: 1 ratio. As a supplement, you can add 2-3 drops of shea butter, cocoa or vitamins A and E.
- Mix the ingredients and put in a water bath.
- Stir until the wax melts.
- Place the obtained ointment in a prepared container and cool.
The product is stored in the refrigerator and used for the course – rubbed daily into the heels with massaging movements for 2 weeks.
Cracked honey cake
Traditional medicine in the fight against cracks recommends means with honey, which soothes and nourishes the skin. For heels, a honey cake is used.
You will need:
- honey – 2 tablespoon;
- flour – 4 tablespoon
- Mix honey with flour, divide into 2 equal parts and form flat cakes.
- At night, attach the cakes to clean heels and secure with a cloth, wrapping it around your leg. You can use bandages.
- In the morning, remove the compress and rinse your feet.
In order to save food, cakes can not be made every time again, but cleaned for a day in the refrigerator to be used again in the evening. The beneficial properties of honey will not disappear from this. Therapy takes a course of 7 days.
Recipe with wood lice
Woodlouse – a herb with a therapeutic effect, which in the garden is often mistaken for a weed. So that it helps soften the heels, you need to put a little wood lice in tight socks, but not dried, but fresh. These socks need to stay for about 10 hours, so for the procedure it is better to choose a day off or do it at night. Socks with wood lice are worn on clean steamed feet.
Apple bite treatment
A simple compress can be made using only water and apple cider vinegar. They can not be abused – the procedure is repeated no more than 4 times a week and only in the presence of cracks or rough skin.
The sequence of the procedure:
- Mix water and apple cider vinegar in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Blot the fabric in the solution and attach to the heels.
- Wrap with polyethylene and leave overnight.
Vinegar with glycerin
Vinegar has established itself as a home remedy for fungus, but for dry heels it will be useful if you prepare a bath with it.
- Pour hot water into the basin and add 1 large tablespoons of glycerin and 3 large tablespoons of apple cider vinegar 6% for each gallon.
- Soar feet for 20 minutes.
- Apply moisturizer to your feet and put on socks.
Herbs in the composition of home ointment i
mprove aroma and have anti-inflammatory effects.
- dry frequency – 2 small spoons;
- dry calendula – 2 small spoons;
- badger fat – 3,38 fluid ounce.
Preparation and application:
- Mix herbs and scald with boiling water.
- Put the fat in a water bath and wait a few minutes before heating.
- Add herbal collection to fat.
- Hold over the steam for another 0.5 hours, stirring and not boiling.
- Pour into a storage container and cool.
- Apply to heels daily before bedtime until cracks disappear.
Egg yolk cream
Egg yolk will also help moisturize the skin of the feet.
- Separate the yolk from the protein and beat.
- Squeeze 1 small tablespoon of juice from lemon and mix.
- Add flour so that the mixture becomes thick in consistency.
- Distribute the resulting cream evenly in the footsteps and wrap it with polyethylene.
- After an hour, the cream needs to be washed off.
Egg and vinegar oil
Cracks in the heels can be treated with a similar remedy that differs from the previous one by adding vinegar.
You will need:
- egg yolk – 1 pc.;
- vinegar – 1 teaspoons;
- vegetable oil – 1 teaspoons
Mix everything and apply on the heels at night.
Means with resin
Zhivitsa (turpentine) is a resin of coniferous trees that can be purchased at a pharmacy. Suitable for getting rid of small cracks.
- Mix cedar gum with honey in a ratio of 1 to 2.
- Soak the gauze or bandage with the composition and fix it on the heels.
- It is advisable to walk like this for several hours and repeat the procedure for 3-4 days in a row.
Instead of pure resin, you can use a ready-made balm, but then you need to change the ratio of products to a proportion of 1: 1.
Onion husk treatment
Onion peel has a restorative and cleansing effect, so it will become an assistant in updating the skin of the heels. Traditional medicine recommends tincture oil from onion peel.
- Pour the husk with olive or essential oil.
- Insist 2-3 weeks.
- Lubricate affected skin before bedtime.
Plantain root remedy
The well-known healing properties of plantain can be used for softening baths. To do this, the pure roots of the plantain are placed in the basin for the bath, boiling water is poured on top.
When the temperature is acceptable for the legs, you can start the steaming procedure. Duration – 20 minutes. After completion, treat the heels with pumice.
For cooking, you will need plantain leaves and onion husks in equal amounts, as well as flour and honey to give density.
- Pour the husk with boiling water, let it get wet, then drain the water.
- Grind the leaves of plantain, combine with husk.
- Add thick honey and a little flour to bring the mixture to the consistency of the ointment.
- Use the ointment until the cracks pass.
Sour milk treatment
Sour-milk products do a good job of softening the skin, so with cracked heels it is sometimes recommended to apply gauze moistened in yogurt to the legs. Alternatively, grease the feet with sour cream.
In both cases, the procedures will give results if you do them regularly for 1 week.
Compress with cabbage
The remedy for cracks on the heels with cabbage is popular because of its simplicity.
Clean sheets of white cabbage are passed through a meat grinder, wrapped in gauze and applied to the heels for a quarter of an hour. For the best effect, you need to warm your feet with woolen socks. After the procedure, the feet need to be rinsed with water and greased with cream.
There is also an option when just a cabbage leaf is applied to the heels, but such a compress should be left for the whole night.
Means with tiling
Tiles cope not only with cracks, but also with corns and corns.
- Grind the dry roots of the shingles and crush them.
- Add the same amount of oil (you can either vegetable or animal).
- Lubricate cracks and corns overnight for 7 days.
Regular potatoes will also have beneficial effects on the heels.
- Wash potatoes thoroughly and boil them directly in the peel, and you need to overexpose them for 10-15 minutes.
- Mash tubers in the water remaining after cooking.
- Pour into a basin and hold a bath. If necessary, add clean water.
It is better to do everything before going to bed and after the bath treat the heels with a pumice stone.
There is a special cosmetic paraffin, which is best used in this case. You can buy it at cosmetics and hairdresser stores. If you cannot find such paraffin, you can grind a paraffin candle.
- Melt equal amounts of paraffin and oil over low heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool to an acceptable temperature and apply to feet.
- Put on plastic bags and socks from above, leave overnight.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Means with solidol
Ordinary solid oil is used in industry to lubricate parts, but there is another type of it – medical. This solidol is a powerful antifungal and moisture control agent.
- solidol – 100 g;
- butter – 2 tablespoon. l;
- egg – 1 pc.
- Melt the butter, separate the protein from the yolk.
- Mix protein, solid oil and oil.
- Insist at room temperature for 4 hours.
- Apply to heels daily until cracks heal.
Laundry soap treatment
Laundry soap can be used not only in baths, but also in a compress.
- Grate a handful of soap and add some milk of any fat content.
- Put the resulting mass in cheesecloth and attach to the heels for the night.
- Secure with polyethylene and insulate with socks.
Nettle bath will be effective against cracks. The grass is poured with boiling water ( 0,3 gallon 2 tablespoon dry nettle). When the water cools down a bit, you can soar your feet in it. After the procedure, grease the feet with cream.
Doctors advice on crack heel prevention
When you go on vacation, love walking barefoot, etc., the risk of cracks increases.
To prevent their occurrence, doctors recommend the following preventive actions:
- Increase the amount of food with vitamins A and E.
- Apply moisturizer to your heels every other day.
- Peel your legs periodically to remove dead skin cells. You can do this both at home and in the cabin,
- If there is a risk of infection with a fungus (after visiting the pool, after trying on shoes without socks, etc.), then you need to treat your foot with an antifungal agent to prevent spread.
- Avoid wearing uncomfortable shoes.
- Keep your feet, shoes and socks clean.
Cracks in the heels are a normal phenomenon that no one is safe from and which can be quickly treated with the right remedies. And if you use prevention tips, then problems can be avoided altogether.
Useful Heel Crack Treatment Videos
Tips on how to cure heels in 3 days with photos of the result:
A simple but effective cream for cracking the heels at home: