Not every woman has luxurious eyelashes by nature. To make eyelashes thick and beautiful, extension comes to the rescue.
- Is eyelash extensions dangerous
- To whom the building procedure is contraindicated
- Choose eyelashes for extensions: shape, length, thickness, manufacturer
- Necessary tools and materials
- Step-by-step instruction in bundles
- Step-by-step instructions for building individual cilia
- Eyelash Extension
- Pros and cons of different techniques
- Safety Precautions
- Eyelash Care
- How to build eyelashes at home: video
Is eyelash extensions dangerous
Eyelash extension allows a woman to save time on daily application of decorative cosmetics on her eyes.
Despite the comparative safety of the procedure, in contrast to permanent makeup, there are myths about the dangers of eyelash extensions and the procedure itself:
- kink and loss of natural eyelashes;
- the negative effect of glue on the skin of the eyelids;
- short effect.
A fracture of native eyelashes is possible in the case of the wrong choice of thin eyelashes-substrates for hair extensions. Loss can cause unprofessional removal of artificial eyelashes. Resinous adhesives can harm the skin of the eyelids and cause burns to the mucous membranes of the eye in the case of low-quality glue.
The short duration of the effect is not due to the professionalism of the master, the low quality of the material used, improper care of the eyelashes after the procedure, and untimely correction, which should be carried out once every 3-4 weeks.
To whom the building procedure is contraindicated
Eyelash extensions are strictly contraindicated in the case of a woman having a number of diseases and other indicators:
- chronic conjunctivitis, exacerbation of which can be triggered by the use of even high-quality glue;
- an allergy to cosmetics, which can be eliminated by a preliminary detailed ophthalmological examination;
- wearing contact lenses that increase the risk of developing an allergy to building materials;
- thinness and brittleness of natural eyelashes, which after extension can completely fall out;
- unhealthy skin, including its increased oilyness and dryness: oilyness will lead to a short extension effect. Dry skin requires the use of special oily cosmetics, which will also lead to short duration of wearing artificial cilia.
Choose eyelashes for extensions: shape, length, thickness, manufacturer
Before you build eyelashes at home, you should decide on the desired way – the choice of the extension technique and the materials used depend on it. For ciliary building apply:
- natural fibers made from hair. Without creating a weighting effect, such eyelashes look most natural. Their advantage is hypoallergenic. The disadvantages include the difficulty of conducting the procedure yourself;
- silk hairs that add volume and length. Ideal for events. For everyday wear, look out of place;
- mink cilia that look natural and light. Ideal for everyday use. The main disadvantage of mink material is the increased risk of developing an allergic reaction and the occurrence of itching of the eyes;
- sable hairs , in spite of naturalness, which are heavy build-up material, which is why they are not suitable for women with weakened native eyelashes. The stunning effect they create is short-lived.
In contrast to the ciliary technique, the beam technique is much simpler. The applied artificial cilia are bundled. This building technique does not require additional professional skills and takes no more than 15-20 minutes. However, the end result is outwardly inferior to the ciliary building.
The main parameters when choosing eyelashes are length, thickness and bending. The length of the extended eyelashes should satisfy the shape of the face: on a small thin face, long eyelashes look unnatural and vulgar. On a large wide face harmoniously look thick long eyelashes.
The golden rule of the lashmakers is: “The ideal length of artificial fibers exceeds their own no more than 3/32 – 5/32 inch.
Depending on the site of the eyelid, the range of hair lengths is 5/32 – 23/32 inch. ” The best option for professional Leshmakers consider hairs No. 8, 10 and 12.
Before you build eyelashes yourself at home, you need to choose the optimal thickness of the hairs, the range of which lies from 0/32 – 0/32 inch with an interval of 0/32 inch:
- 0/32 inch – an option for a natural soft look;
- 0/32 inch – a more solemn option, creates the effect of mascara tinted eyelashes;
- 0/32 inch is a bright image, however, the extension of heavy hairs of this thickness is not recommended for women with weakened own eyelashes;
- 0/32 inch – an extravagant look is guaranteed, but the effect is extremely short-lived.
According to the shape of the bend, they distinguish:
- eyelashes J and I with a minimum bend;
- categories B, C and their combinations allow you to achieve the perfect look with smooth bends. Most popular among leshmakers;
- L and L ++ eyelashes are used to adjust the shape of the eye. Visually create a great openness of sight;
- the bends of U and SS give a popular youth effect to doll eyes.
Eyelashes vary in color. However, the most popular is the classic – black and dark brown shades.
Currently, verified manufacturers of the lesch industry are Titania, Dolce Vita, Ag Beauty, City Lashes, Macy. Professional Leshmakers are also advised by Andrea, Glams, Novel, and others.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
Necessary tools and materials
Before you build eyelashes with your own hands at home, you must purchase the required tools and materials:
- hand treatment with antibacterial effect;
- eye makeup remover based on skin type;
- degreasing spray or tonic to remove grease from the eyelids and eyelashes;
- hypoallergenic glue;
- set of cilia;
- 2 tweezers: one with straight ends for extension, the second with curved edges for correction;
- gel pads, plain paper tape or cotton pad
- container for glue;
- toothpicks and cotton buds;
- magnifying mirror;
- tray for folding all the tools and materials.
To date, there are 2 main building methods:
- beam extension – sticking immediately a bunch of artificial hairs;
- ciliary extension – gluing of each hair separately.
Step-by-step instruction in bundles
Bundling is very fast. The look becomes expressive and deep. However, the effect of such a procedure is less natural in comparison with the ciliary augmentation and the period of wearing of bundled eyelashes is also significantly lower.
The bundles differ in the method of attachment:
- Knot has a small nodule at the bonding of the cilia in the beam. When building, this nodule sticks to the eyelid. The main disadvantage of such bundles is the visibility of the nodules;
- the knotless ones have a gentle attachment of the eyelashes, gluing is done directly on the eyelid.
Before building hands are treated with an antibacterial agent.
The makeup on them is removed from the eyes, the lower own eyelashes are fixed on the skin of the face with the help of gel pads or paper tape to facilitate the procedure of building.
Fixation is carried out from the inner corner of the eye. Native base eyelashes for artificial hairs are treated with a degreaser using a cotton swab. After the completion of the preliminary procedures, one should proceed to build up.
With beam extension, an average of 15–20 beams are glued to each eye.
The technique is as follows:
- put glue on glass or in a special container;
- dip the tweezers with the ends in the adhesive and grab the bundle of eyelashes;
- with the second tweezers, the native eyelashes are pulled apart at the place of the alleged fastening of the artificial beam, and this beam is glued to the formed area;
- the bundle is fixed with tweezers at the base of the native eyelashes or glued to the skin of the eyelids;
- the gluing process is carried out from the outer to the inner corners of the eye. The fixation of the beams should be uniform, otherwise holes will form in the eyelashes, which will negatively affect the final result.
Step-by-step instructions for building individual cilia
Professional lashmakers prefer ciliary building due to their greater naturalness and effectiveness. The most popular and affordable is the Japanese technique, which includes the following steps carried out after the preliminary procedures:
- sorting of cilia by length, thickness and bending;
- degreasing of tweezers, own eyelashes and the line of their growth;
- fixing a gel pad or wet disc under the lower eyelid, which will protect the skin of the eyes;
- thorough combing and separation of native eyelashes;
- picking up a separate artificial hair by the tip of the tweezers, dipping it in the glue and gluing it onto its own base eyelash, retreating 1/32 – 1/32 inch from the eyelash growth line. The rest of the native eyelashes are moved away with a toothpick to simplify the work;
- fixation of the extended hair with a slight pressure in the place of gluing.
The ciliary augmentation is carried out in the same direction as the beam attachment. More reliable fixation of the expanded fibers is achieved by 5-10 minutes lying down with eyes closed at the end of the procedure.
Lashmakers also distinguish between American and Indonesian techniques that differ from the Japanese only in the material used: the first involves the extension of silicone or rubber fibers. The second uses a special adhesive composition enriched with nutritious vitamin complexes.
Masters, advising how to grow eyelashes by the eyelashes at home, suggest the creation of various images using the appropriate extension effects, performed by gluing artificial fibers of different lengths depending on the desired result. Distinguish:
- natural effect – is more popular. It is a smooth increase in the length of the stacked fiber to the outside of the eye. The effect gives the look expressiveness and excludes the use of mascara;
- the discharged effect is performed by alternating the length of the artificial hairs;
- fox (“cat’s eye”) effect is achieved by a sharp transition from shorter eyelashes to longer ones;
- squirrel effect – similar to the fox, the difference is in increasing the length of the section of short eyelashes: only a few long artificial hairs are fixed on the outside of the eye;
- puppet effect is achieved by choosing eyelashes of category C ++ and U of the same length. The length of the eyelashes is 15/32 – 19/32 inch. The look becomes flirty. This technique is most popular among young people.
To date, the technique of ciliary building has gained particular popularity, creating the effect of 2, 3, 4, 5D volum
es. The procedure consists in gluing several artificial fibers (2, 3, 4 or 5) on one own eyelash, depending on the selected effect. The most commonly used materials are core hairs.
Professional lashmakers advise you to build in stages, alternating gluing 25-30 cilia in each eye. The final stage involves visual control of the number of eyelash extensions and replenishment of discharged gaps, if any.
Correction of artificial eyelashes should be carried out monthly. Oily skin requires more frequent correction. The use of mascara with a volume extension of 3-5D is not recommended in order to avoid clogging of lumps of mascara to the roots of the hairs. Otherwise, the correction will be powerless, and it will be necessary to carry out the buildup again
Pros and cons of different techniques
Ciliary and bundle extension techniques have their advantages and disadvantages. The lack of skill and ignorance of how to properly grow eyelashes at the center of the eyelashes at home leads to a negative result:
- inappropriate puppet appearance;
- damage to the mucous membrane of the eye with glue fumes;
- loss of time (5–6 independent work) without achieving the desired image;
- the ability to adjust the buildup only after a month.
The positive aspects of eyelash extension is the long term of wearing artificial eyelashes, the naturalness of the image and the ability to choose the desired effect of the look.
The disadvantages of beam extension include the short duration of the procedure and the less natural appearance compared to the ciliary extension. The advantages are the simplicity of the procedure, saving time when building up and the cost of the service in the cabin.
Safety measures and precautions are mandatory at every stage of the procedure. The sterility of reusable instruments, the use of disposable supplies and the cleanliness of the workplace are extremely important.
A professional leshmaker uses only high-quality materials. In order to identify a possible allergic reaction to a woman, a pair of hairs in the corner of the eye initially grows. After 20 minutes, in the absence of allergic manifestations, the procedure is carried out in full.
Before building it is necessary to undergo a complete ophthalmological examination in order to exclude various eye diseases. It is strictly forbidden to build up with asthma, psoriasis, acute respiratory viral infections and a number of other diseases.
The safety rules of the applied building technique are determined by the qualifications and experience of the master: the ability to separate weakened and healthy cilia will help to avoid their fragility and loss after removing artificial cilia.
Sterilization of reusable instruments is carried out in two stages:
- disinfection of tweezers in a special solution;
- heat treatment.
The couch and work table must be processed. Be sure to use a disposable sheet and hat on the woman’s head.
By observing the safety rules for building, serious ophthalmic diseases can be avoided.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
Using this opportunity, how to grow eyelashes with your own hands at home, with proper care of them, you can save the result for several weeks. Absolutely forbidden:
- usd your eyes;
- sleep on your stomach, with your face buried in a pillow;
- the use of oily cosmetics;
- long visits to the bath, sauna and pool.
After building, it is advisable to clean the skin with an antibacterial tonic.
Oily skin requires additional tonic degreasing. Removal of eyelash extensions is recommended in the cabin, which will avoid their fragility in the future.
How to build eyelashes at home: video
Tips for building eyelashes at home:
Useful information on how to build eyelashes at home:
Eyelash extensions are the standard of a well-groomed woman with an attractive luxurious expressive look. Beauty at the tip of your eyelashes!