To perform exercises with dumbbells correctly and with maximum efficiency, women need to consider the following :
- Count on your own strength and not overwork. It is recommended to start with two workouts per week for no more than 40 minutes each.
- The number of repetitions varies from 10 to 20 times depending on the level of training. There can be 2 approaches, after 1 month 2 more times are added.
- Watch your breath. No need to delay him. At the time of greatest tension, exhale.
- For the most control over performance, exercises are best done in front of a mirror.
- After each approach, it is recommended to take a break of 30-60 s.
- Training begins with a basic set of exercises to warm up the muscles (lunges, squats and traction).
- Dumbbell training contraindications
- How to choose the right weight dumbbell
- Warm up for the shoulder girdle before training
- A set of exercises with dumbbells for beginners
- Extending arms with dumbbell
- Dumbbell wiring
- Push ups
- Deadlift with dumbbell for buttocks
- Dumbbell Arm Wrap for Back Muscles
- Hand reduction for chest muscles
- Twisting for the chest and abs
- Dumbbell Wiring
- Power complex exercises for sports girls
- Side lunges for legs and buttocks + biceps
- Lunges back and dumbbell bench press up
- Chin dumbbell pull
- Sumo Squats and Biceps Dumbbell Bends
- Side bar
- Rowing up
- Incline Rowing
- Other effective dumbbell exercises for women
- Lifting dumbbells for biceps and bench press
- Exercises with dumbbells on one leg “Scarecrow”
- Exercises with dumbbells “French bench press”
- Boxer Dumbbell Exercises
- A set of exercises with slimming dumbbells
- Rules for doing exercises to lose weight
- Training program
- Effective Exercises With Dumbbell Slimming
- Effective Exercises With Dumbbell Slimming
Dumbbell training contraindications
Performing exercises with dumbbells is useful for women, like any small physical activity, however, you need to deal with extreme caution and attention to the body. Doctors identified a number of contraindications to loads with dumbbells:
- Hypertension (pressure above 170/ 113/32 inch Hg). There may be a risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Diseases, pathologies of the heart and blood vessels (insufficiency, angina pectoris, arrhythmia). During sports, most of the blood rushes to the active muscles, thereby increasing the load on the heart.
- Bronchial asthma. Excessive physical activity is a provocateur of an attack.
- The presence of hernia, diseases of the spine.
- The postoperative period . Increases the risk that surgical sutures may open.
With caution, exercises with dumbbells should be performed during menstruation and pregnancy.
As well as people who do not have much experience of such physical exertion.
How to choose the right weight dumbbell
The best option for beginners will be 1 pounds. Dumbbells with weight gain up to 4 pounds. However, professional fitness experts advise each woman to select dumbbells for exercise individually. Thus, the range of choice of simulators increases to 22 pounds.
In order to stop on those dumbbells that are necessary, you should pay attention to the purpose of using dumbbells:
- For weight loss, a weight of less than 4 pounds will be suitable.
- For the formation and strengthening of the muscle corset – from 4 -22 pounds.
- Arm muscles will require dumbbells from 2 -18 pounds.
- On the pectoral muscles 3 -11 pounds.
- On the spinal muscles – 11 -22 pounds.
- On the muscles of the legs from 6 -11 pounds.
Those women who have been practicing weight training for a long time recommend choosing prefabricated dumbbells for home exercises, with the possibility of increasing the load.
In order for the lesson to be as effective as possible, a woman needs to decide herself what weight of dumbbells will be optimal.
It is necessary to perform about 15 repetitions of any exercise with the same weight and check the sensations. Fatigue should be felt, but in order to be able to continue the action.
Warm up for the shoulder girdle before training
A prerequisite for a quality workout and the absence of sprains, as well as injuries, is a warm-up before exercising with weight.
It needs to spend from 10 to 20 minutes. A sign of a successful warm-up is considered to be an increase in heart rate to 100-110 strokes and fully warmed muscles. You need to perform 2-3 approaches.
The warm-up complex should include:
- Shoulder rotation up-back-down 5 times, then changing direction.
- Shrug (exercise “shrugs”). It is necessary to sharply raise the shoulders as high as possible on inhalation and lower it down on the exhale.
- Push ups .
Basic exercises with an empty bar.
- Rotations in the elbow joints alternately forward and backward.
- Mahi hands. Circular movements with straight arms forward and backward.
- Rotations in the carpal joints. It is necessary to collect fingers in the lock and make rotational movements.
Also an important part is the stretching of the muscles of the arms and shoulders. Distinguish between dynamic and static stretching. The meaning of the first is to stretch the muscles to their limit and then return to their original position. Thus, the potential strength increases.
The second type of stretching involves holding the muscle in a stretched position for 5-10 seconds. This method is safer.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
A set of exercises with dumbbells for beginners
Exercises with dumbbells for women
should be performed with a small weight ( 2 -7 pounds.) And very clearly. The complex consists of 9 exercises, 2-3 approaches should be done.
Extending arms with dumbbell
Extending your arms with dumbbells is necessary to develop and strengthen the
3-headed brachial muscle.
They have many variations of performance:
- Because of the head. The technique is performed sitting on a chair. The dumbbell must be taken with both hands and put behind the head. At this point, a breath is taken. It is necessary to monitor the position of the elbows (they should not diverge to the sides), head (do not lower your eyes and look forward), back (it should be straight). Then, while exhaling, the simulator is lifted.
- From a sitting position. Running with a straight back. The dumbbell is taken with both hands so that the fingers form a triangle, and the hands are turned with the palms up. Outstretched arms are held above the head. On inspiration, the projectile lowers. At the lowest point, it is necessary to linger for 2-3 counts, then on the exhale a slow rise upwards is carried out.
- Standing up This exercise option is useful for people to ease the load on the spine. The first position – standing straight, legs apart at an approximate shoulder width. Exercise machines are raised with two hands above your head. Lowering the dumbbell is carried out on inhalation so that the forearms touch the biceps of the shoulder, and the rise on the exhale.
Exercise helps to work out and develop the width of the pectoral muscles, involves muscle stabilizers (biceps, triceps). In addition, it contributes to the training of the respiratory system and increases lung capacity. The exercise consists of several stages:
- Take a lying position and throw dumbbells on your chest or ask them to file if someone is nearby. The initial position – the shells are on top, the arms are slightly bent at the elbows, the palms are facing each other. Legs should rest firmly on the floor.
- On inspiration, the arms are spread apart in opposite directions and describe a semicircle. Reaching the lowest point (at or slightly below the chest), the pectoral muscles tighten, and the dumbbells are brought together on the exhale.
- At the highest point, you need to linger for a few seconds, not allowing the shells to touch. Then the exercise is repeated as many times as necessary.
When performing, you should move slowly, feeling tension in each muscle group. Keep your arms out to the sides as far as possible until a slight stretching of the pectoral muscles.
There are several ways to do push-ups using dumbbells:
- One arm stays on the floor, the other rests on the dumbbell. An easier way.
- Both hands are held on dumbbells that are parallel to each other. The greatest load is on the upper chest.
- Two shells lie in front of a man. Exercise is like a bench press. Promotes the development of mass and strength of the shoulders.
- Push-ups with simultaneous dilution of shells in different directions. The most difficult option to perform, the main emphasis is on muscle strength.
The technique of the exercise is as follows:
- Standing position.
- Bending the arms at the elbows on inspiration to the maximum approximation to the floor. The elbows should be pressed to the sides.
- When exhaling, push-ups from the floor occur. It is necessary to monitor the position of the back. It should be flat.
When performing the exercise, you cannot turn your wrists inward. This may result in personal injury. Also, do not let the pelvis sag, there is a violation of technology and the desired result will not be.
Exercise is necessary to strengthen and train the gluteal muscles and hips. For the best practice, it is recommended to use a chair to start. Before doing it, you need to put it behind you and on the squat lightly touch his buttocks.
The basic rules for obtaining the desired result:
- The body must be warmed up.
- The feet are placed parallel to each other.
- You should start without dumbbells, gradually adding weight.
- The back remains straight both at the entrance and at the exit of the squat, and leans no more than 45 degrees relative to the legs, otherwise an increased load is placed on it.
- The legs remain shoulder width apart.
- As you inhale, you bend forward and bend at the knees with a straight back.
- Hands hold dumbbells and hang along the body. The blades are retracted as far as possible.
- The legs are bent until the hips are parallel to the floor. Knees should not go forward toes. Heels remain firmly pressed to the floor.
- Climbing up is exhaled.
- Keep your knees slightly bent to avoid injuries.
- The required number of repetitions is done.
Deadlift with dumbbell for buttocks
Among exercises for women with dumbbells, deadlift is very popular. A large number of muscles are involved in the technique, it is useful for stabilizing the body, strengthening the muscles of the hips, buttocks, forearm, and others.
There are several options for execution:
- On bent legs.
- Romanian craving.
- Sumo pull.
For beginners, traction on bent legs is most suitable:
- First posture: the gaze is directed forward, the lower back is slightly bent, the shoulder blades are brought together.
- Dumbbells are conveniently turned for capture and are located in front of legs.
- It is necessary to tilt the body forward up to 45 degrees with respect to the floor without changing the position of the lower back. Then, to reach the shells, you need to bend your knees.
- The dumbbells rise and the body straightens. The exercise is repeated as many times as necessary, leaning forward should be left about 3’9 inch to the floor.
Dumbbell Arm Wrap for Back Muscles
The exercise is done this way:
- The legs are set slightly wider than the pelvis, the knees are slightly bent. With a flat back and a tightened press, you need to tilt forward and reduce the shoulder blades.
- Straight arms need to be lowered, then spread apart in different directions. The elbows are pointing up.
Hand reduction for chest muscles
There are exercises with dumbbells for women, which are useful for strengthening the pectoral muscles and lifting it. You can perform as lying on a bench with a slope, and on a horizontal.
The technique is as follows:
- Lie on a bench, feet should rest firmly against the surface of the floor.
- Raise your arms perpendicular to the floor, leave your elbows slightly bent.
- On inhalation, hands are spread apart in different directions.
- On exhalation with tension, the hands return to their original position.
Twisting for the chest and abs
You need to lie on the mat and take dumbbells. Press your hands tightly against the body and bend a little at the elbows. Further, the body breaks off the floor and twists are made so that the elbow slightly touches the opposite knee.
In a more complex version, it is necessary to tear off the legs from the floor and hold them parallel to the ground.
This exercise works on the deltoid muscles. It is executed as follows:
- The initial position is the same as with deadlift. The body is inclined at 45 degrees, the back is even, the legs are slightly bent.
- Dumbbells are getting apart. Their arms should be parallel to the feet. Elbows should be slightly bent.
- When raising hands, it is advisable to linger for a couple of seconds, and at the last repeat, fix the position for 5-7 seconds.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Power complex exercises for sports girls
Designed for trained girls who are familiar with exercises using shells.
Side lunges for legs and buttocks + biceps
The exercise is carried out in several stages:
- With elbows and dumbbells pressed to the body, a wide step is taken.
- Side lunges are carried out with alternating bending of the legs at the knees. After several attacks, you can add hand movements.
- At the time of a squat on one leg, both arms should be bent at the elbows, the shells begin to be pulled to the chest.
Lunges back and dumbbell bench press up
The main emphasis is on the muscles of the legs, buttocks and shoulder girdle. It is necessary to bend the arms in the elbow joints so that an angle of 90 degrees is formed and raise the forearm up, squeezing the dumbbells in the hands. Lunge forward with one leg. This is the starting position.
Then a lunge is made back, the knee is pulled to the stomach, the thigh should be parallel to the floor, while the dumbbells are squeezed up. 10 to 15 repetitions of 2-3 approaches are performed.
Chin dumbbell pull
Shoulders and triceps are being worked out:
- Equal stand. Weight is taken in hands, palms are located to the body.
- On inhalation, dumbbells are pulled to the chin. The palms remain below the level of the elbows and shoulders.
- A few repetitions are carried out.
Sumo Squats and Biceps Dumbbell Bends
Sumo squats look like a rack of sumo fighters, in honor of which they received this name. The main load here goes to the buttocks and the inner part of the thigh, the extensors of the back and the trapezius muscle are also involved.
The execution technique is as follows:
- Legs are put wider than shoulders, socks are parted in different directions. The pelvis should be taken back as far as possible and the knees bent.
- The dumbbell is held strictly parallel to the legs and as close as possible to the body, leave your back straight and strain the press.
- On inspiration, you need to go down, almost reaching the shell to the floor.
- On exhalation, the initial position is lifted.
- Several approaches are performed at least 10 times.
Dumbbell flexion exercise has many variations of execution:
- Lying on an inclined bench.
- In a sitting position, resting his elbow on the thigh.
- Standing up
- In the position of a sumo wrestler.
The easiest standing technique. The feet are placed slightly wider than the shoulders, the hands hold dumbbells, the elbows should be in a bent position and snugly against the body. So the muscles will always be in a state of tension. When you inhale, you need to slowly bend your hands, at the moment of parallel with the floor you need to start to turn the hands with the palms up.
Hands with dumbbells rise to the level of touch with the shoulders. In this position, you should linger for a couple of seconds, then take the initial position on inhalation. Performing the exercise, you can not swing the body and tear off the elbows.
The initial position is the bar on straight arms. The body turns to the left, the right hand with the shell rises, then falls, touching the thigh and rises again.
Several repetitions are performed, then the position changes side.
It works on the muscles of the arm and shoulders. The first position – the stand is straight, the legs are slightly wider than the shoulders, and dumbbells with the necessary weight are clamped in the hands. The palms are turned to the body. Knees slightly bent. Further, the dumbbells rise to the shoulders, without touching them, the arms are bent at the elbows.
Then they smoothly return to their initial position.
Strengthens the upper back and triceps. A slight forward bend with a flat back is carried out, the legs are slightly bent, the arms are pulled down, then pulled closer to the chest and the shoulder blades are brought together.
The required number of repetitions is performed.
Other effective dumbbell exercises for women
In addition to the described complexes, there are many more useful exercises for training different muscle groups.
Lifting dumbbells for biceps and bench press
This exercise works on the shoulders and biceps. The legs are placed at the level of the pelvis. Dumbbells are held so that the palms are turned away from you. At the first stage, the arms are bent at the elbows and the shells are lifted to the chest, then they are pulled up above the head.
In the second stage, the dumbbells return to chest level and fall down to their original position.
Exercises with dumbbells on one leg “Scarecrow”
The back and shoulder girdle are involved in this exercise, and using only one leg as a support promotes balance.
Stages of execution:
- Starting position – standing on one leg, the other must be bent at the knee, pulling the thigh closer to the stomach.
- The arms are bent at the elbow joints and are parallel to the floor, the forearms are looking up, shells are clasped in the palms.
- As you exhale, your forearm goes down.
- Performs several repetitions with a change of legs.
Exercises with dumbbells “French bench press”
We must lie on a bench or on a rug. Dumbbells are taken in two hands and rise up perpendicular to the floor. Further, the arms are bent only at the elbows, heading towards the head.
Then they return to their starting position.
Boxer Dumbbell Exercises
The emphasis is on the back muscles and triceps. The legs are slightly bent, the body is tilted forward, the back is straight. Hands are spread one forward, the other back. The front arm is a continuation of the trunk (extended in line with the spine).
Then the hands change places. A few repetitions are performed.
A set of exercises with slimming dumbbells
Rules for doing exercises to lose weight
- Adequate load. It is not necessary to use a lot of weight right away, it can harm the body.
- You should understand each exercise of the complex before you engage.
- The back should be flat so as not to overload the spine.
- Any training should begin with a warm-up workout.
- Track your breathing clearly.
- To get the best result, training days with dumbbells should be alternated with running, walking, aerobics or other activities.
- Increase the load gradually.
Training programs are recommended to be made with a trainer who knows the goals of the person and his features. Weight loss complexes usually include exercises:
- Warm up.
- On the arms and shoulders.
- On the chest. Pull her up.
- At the waist. They help to clean the stomach and sides.
- On the hips and buttocks.
- On the harmony of the legs. Most often includes dumbbell squats.
- On the back.
- Stretching muscles after training.
Effective Exercises With Dumbbell Slimming
The most effective techniques for women will be those that are performed correctly and with the right load. One of the most effective exercises are:
- Slopes . For the waist, you need to perform inclinations with one dumbbell raised up for at least 10 repetitions on each side.
Squats with dumbbells . Legs are set shoulder-width apart, arms are parallel to the floor, while squatting needs to be delayed for a couple o
- Breeding hands in opposite directions with dumbbells.
Effective Exercises With Dumbbell Slimming
Exercises with dumbbells for all muscle groups for women:
The program of exercises with dumbbells for women from a specialist:
Dumbbell exercises for women are some of the easiest and most effective. They can be performed not only in the fitness room, but also at home, getting excellent results.