In modern life, domestic, financial, personal problems strongly affect the nervous system and physical condition of people. Regular exercise, physical exercise are necessary to restore strength, relieve stress.
It is not always possible to visit gyms and fitness clubs. An alternative to costly sports centers is home exercise for the back.
- How to do the exercises correctly
- Warm up
- Simple and effective back exercises
- Lumbar twist
- Fitball Stretch
- Static foot retention
- Prayer exercise
- Pelvic lift
- Exercise “swimmer”
- Wall-mounted arms
- Back exercises
- Exercise One – Hip Bridge
- Exercise Two – “Dog and Bird”
- Exercise Three – Side Bar
- Exercise Four – Lunges
- Exercises for straightening and stretching the spine
- Exercises for osteochondrosis
- Scoliosis Exercises
- A set of exercises to strengthen the muscles of the back, helping to get rid of pain
- Sarpasan Exercise or Snake Pose
- Baby pose
- Exercise that relieves pain in the vertebral, lumbar sectors
- Exercises for the back at home: video
How to do the exercises correctly
Any physical exercises performed without a trainer’s instructions require compliance with certain rules:
- First of all, you need to properly navigate the time of the exercise . Here opinions are shared. Some consider early morning to be the best time. Others tend to evening hours (16-18 hours). Training time depends on the physical condition. The body should not be tired, so that during classes to fully give strength to physical activity. If the time is chosen, it is not recommended to change it throughout the course of training.
- Classes are held for at least 45 minutes , of which 10 minutes are devoted to warming up the muscles.
- The frequency of exercises should not exceed 4 times a week (classes every other day). Daily activities can greatly deplete the body.
- If possible , it is advisable to conduct classes in fresh air (on the balcony, in the garden). If this is not possible, it is advisable to train in a spacious room, where there is a lot of air.
- Exercising at home alone is recommended only if you have training experience under the guidance of an instructor.
Important! You can not do physical exercises on a full stomach. Doctors warn: in order to avoid dysfunction of the cardiovascular system, train 6-8 hours before bedtime.
Before starting exercise, it is recommended to stretch the body for several minutes. Warming up is necessary primarily for preparing the respiratory tract, central nervous system for basic exercises. In particular, warming up the body is recommended in the cold season.
There are 3 types of workout:
- motionless (statics);
- mobile (dynamics);
- chaotic (ballistics).
Types of workouts:
- Static warm-up is designed to strengthen the limbs, the tension of the muscular system.
- Dynamic warm-up is a repetition of the same movements at a slow pace.
- Ballistic warm-up provides for chaotic movements.
The most popular is dynamic workout. The main thing is not to spend a lot of energy on warming up the body so that the basic exercises are given easily. It is not necessary to start the workout with a run, you can limit yourself to a jump rope or jumping in place.
Simple and effective back exercises
The back requires special attention, as it is a support for the whole body. The health of the whole organism depends on the condition of the back, but attention is paid to it when pain and fatigue make themselves felt.
It is necessary to regularly strengthen the muscular system with exercises for the back.
To continuously conduct training, you can exercise at home. A number of training sessions for back muscles are provided.
The exercises are similar to the manual method of therapy used by doctors, but lumbar twists are performed independently, without outside help:
- Training begins with a supine position.
- The right leg should be directed to the left and bent at the knee.
- The left hand holds the right knee, the right hand must be laid on the floor in an extended state.
- During the exercise, you must try to firmly press your back to the floor so that the shoulders touch it.
- The knee held by the hand should also touch the floor.
- Repeat the same with the left foot right.
Do the exercise 5-6 times.
Fitball is very popular at present for performing various health, preventive and sports exercises. Periodic exercises on fitball contribute to fat burning, relieve pain, relieve fatigue. Fitball is of great help in case of problems with the spine.
- Lying as comfortable as possible with your stomach on the fitball, you need to put your hands on the floor across the width of your shoulders and, working with your hands, move forward, the ball will not be under your knees.
- The body should take a straight horizontal shape.
- To maintain balance, you need back muscles, but keep your neck relaxed.
- Next, tighten the abs, with your legs in the upright position, raise your hips, resting your feet on the ball.
You need to start with 5-6 repetitions, increasing the number up to 12 times. Exercise strengthens the spine.
Static foot retention
An elementary but necessary exercise. Relieves leg fatigue, improves blood circulation, increasing blood flow to the back, reduces pain in the vertebral and lumbar.
To perform the exercise, you need to take a lying position, lifting your legs up, resting them, for example, on a wall or on a chair, without straining them.
Exercise “deadlift” for the development of back muscles is easily feasible at home.
We are working on the lumbar muscle and extensor spine:
- To do this, you need to stand upright, with dumbbells in hand, to reduce the shoulder blades to each other.
- The position of the legs should correspond to the width of the hips, the back is bent in the lower back, hands with dumbbells should be kept along the hips.
- Taking a deep breath, without bending your knees, lean forward so that the slope is parallel to the floor (you can slightly higher).
- Hands with dumbbells should be kept a little further from the legs.
- Exhaling strongly, take the initial position and bring the shoulder blades together.
- Dumbbells should be of average weight to easily control the back.
For training, you will need a block simulator, which can be easily installed at home, or take a rubber shock absorber and fix it to the crossbar:
- You need to take the forked handle of the simulator, throw it behind your head, kneel at the distance of one step from the machine.
- When exhaling, squeeze the press, direct the chest to the pelvis with the muscles of the press (twist the body to the bottom).
- The neck is not subjec
ted to pressure, it harmonizes in movement with the whole body in a straight line.
- When twisting, you must simultaneously exhale strongly, compress the press.
This exercise most effectively affects the abs.
The technique of lifting the pelvis in a supine position is one of the most effective exercises for the muscles of the buttocks, contributing to the rounding of forms in this part. You can master the technique without difficulty. It is recommended to train in non-slip shoes. It was originally designed to train 15-20 minutes, gradually accustoming the body to stress.
- After a 5-minute easy warm-up, lie on your back with a training mat in advance.
- Head and body should be pressed to the floor, arms extended along the body.
- The knees should be bent so that the tips of the fingers almost touch the heels. In this case, the entire foot should be pressed to the floor.
- Having taken the required position, you can begin to raise the pelvis.
- It is necessary to achieve maximum height, while not raising the head, shoulders, arms from the floor.
- It is necessary to lift the pelvis, resting on a full foot, on toes is impossible.
- Having reached the maximum pelvic elevation, it is advisable to stay up to 3-4 seconds, then return to its original position.
When performing the exercise, a feeling of tension in the pelvis and buttocks should appear.
After a few lessons, the technique of lifting the pelvis can be done with dumbbells, bar. Hands with dumbbells should be on the pelvic part so that there is no pressure on the stomach. It is not recommended to make sharp jerks, there is a danger of injury.
This exercise makes it possible to evenly distribute the load on the whole body. The training technique involves the work of the muscles of the entire surface of the arms and legs, including the muscles of the back associated with the spine.
- First position. Having laid the gymnastic mat, take a lying position face down, point your arms forward and bend your back. Toes of straight feet should touch the floor.
- The second position. It is necessary to press the chin to the floor, hands in the first position, the look should be directed to the hands. Next, you need to raise your right hand up (not very high) at the same time with your left foot to an identical height. After holding out for 3-4 seconds, reproduce the same by working out the left arm and right leg.
- Third position. It is necessary to repeat the arm-leg movement several times, trying not to touch the floor with limbs and, as far as possible, to achieve maximum synchronism in the movements of the arms and legs.
Exercises for the back at home include the technique of raising arms with an emphasis on the wall, often also used in physiotherapy. Exercise effectively affects the strengthening of the upper back.
It can be performed not only at home, but also at work (it helps a lot after a long stationary state):
- To do this, you need to stand with your back to the wall resting on it with your head, shoulder blades, buttocks.
- The distance between the foot and the wall should not exceed 11’8 inch.
- Hands should be raised up with the back to the wall, bringing to the level of the ears (starting step), then, without tearing the body from the wall, you need to point them higher, keeping your elbows pressed against the wall.
- By joining hands raised above the head, you can return to the starting position.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Often, weakness of the back is the cause of fatigue, ugly gait, stoop. A special set of exercises worked out to strengthen the muscles of the back, relieve fatigue. A simple technique allows you to conduct training at home.
Fitness instructors recommend that for exercise, exercise 4 times a week for at least 25 minutes.
Exercise One – Hip Bridge
Before starting classes, it is recommended to do a light warm-up in the form of running in place or jumping rope and breathing exercises.
To perform the main exercise, you need to take a lying position with bent knees (angle 90 °). Hands are parallel to each other. It is necessary to raise the hips, forming a line with the body, resting on the legs and shoulders. Do the exercise 8-10 times.
Exercise Two – “Dog and Bird”
In the position on all fours, raise the left hand and right foot together, try to hold out for 2-4 seconds, return to the starting position.
The back should be straight at run time.
Then you need to repeat the same thing, changing your arm and leg.
Exercise Three – Side Bar
Exercise begins with the supine position. With a brush or bent part of the hand you need to press yourself to the floor. Brush (palm) to lean on the floor is recommended to persons who have been involved in sports for a long time.
Beginners are better off using a bent arm. We must try to lift the body, leaning on the arm and legs. In an elevated position, the po
se is very similar to a triangle. If the technique is easy, you can raise and lower the upper leg during the exercise.
Exercise Four – Lunges
This exercise effectively affects the spine, straightens the posture, however, it is quite easy to perform. The duration of the training is 15-20 minutes.
You need to calmly take one leg a wide step forward, with your hands on your belt or hips. Then, bend the outstretched leg and make sure that the thigh and floor are parallel to each other. Posture should be straightened, head raised. Repeat squats with each leg 10-15 times. The “lunges” exercise can also be done diagonally.
Exercises for straightening and stretching the spine
For the formation of correct posture, you need a lot and actively move. If you correctly keep your back when walking, regularly monitor your posture in a sitting position, there will be practically no problems with the spine.
Basically, they appear in the form of scoliosis, osteochondrosis. The treatment of these diseases requires a long time. If detected early, they can be suspended with special exercises.
What to do if the work is sedentary, as a result of which a gradual deformation of the spine occurs Following the instructions of the doctor, it is necessary to do individual treatment.
You can strengthen your back with exercises, doing at home . If the doctor has delivered physiotherapy exercises correctly, it will not cause harm. It remains only to strictly adhere to the established rules.
Mostly exercises are carried out with pain in the spine.
A neglected spine often causes diseases of the internal organs. It is not recommended to take an immobile sitting position after eating. The back relaxes, severe pain in the muscles occurs, causing discomfort in the stomach. As a result, the function of the gastrointestinal system is impaired.
Exercises for osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is one of the main causes of unbearable pain in the spine. This disease affects not only the elderly. Signs often let you know in 30-35 years. Osteochondrosis primarily affects cartilage and discs between the vertebrae.
Treatment must begin with the first symptoms of the disease.
An important method in the prevention of osteochondrosis is physiotherapy. In the initial stage, preventive exercises will help restore blood circulation, the normal position of the vertebrae.
Exercises for the treatment of osteochondrosis are recommended to be performed without making sudden movements.
Exercises lying on your back:
- You need to take a breath, while stretching, taking turns raising your hands up.
- Without lifting your heels off the floor, bend your knees.
- When developing the feet, bend, then bend them.
- It is necessary to simultaneously raise the legs and arms up, attracting socks.
- Next, you need to bend the legs at the knees, lift them, bringing and knees apart.
- In the supine position, stand on the elbows, bend in the chest area.
Lying on your side:
- It is necessary, having taken a breath, to raise up one hand, then slowly to lower it. Do the same with the next hand, turning on the other side.
- Repeat the exercise, lifting the legs alternately.
- Now it is necessary to extend the arm and leg at the same time, lying first on one, then on the other side.
- At the last stage, you need to take your legs back, having taken the initial position.
Exercise lying on your stomach:
- In the supine position, you must try to fold the legs at the knees, then slowly unbend them.
- Raise several times, lower your head.
- Having folded hands, you need to rest your chin on the hands, slowly raise your legs, freeze for 5-10 seconds, lower your legs.
- To perform circular movements with legs, you need to cross first on one, then on the other side, lifting and making circular movements alternately with one then the other leg.
Treatment of scoliosis with the help of preventive exercises for the back requires certain rules if you perform them at home:
- first consult with your doctor;
- exercise calmly, without sudden movements;
- conduct workouts with good health;
- monitor posture;
- do a warm-up before training;
Scoliosis is of 2 types: C-shaped, S-shaped.
Exercises for C-shaped scoliosis:
- Legs should be shoulder width apart. With your hands on your shoulders, you need to rotate your elbows. Repeat 5-6 times forward, the same amount — forward.
- In the same position, take a deep breath and, as you exhale, move your shoulder forward as far as possible. After inhaling again, return to the starting position. Do the same with pulling back.
- You need to lie on your stomach and, arms extended forward, raise your head, not separating the chest and shoulders from the floor.
- Returning to the starting position, you need to alternately raise the right, left hand.
- Lying on his stomach to make a boat, stretching both legs and arms forward. Repeat several times.
Exercises for S-shaped scoliosis:
- You need to sit on a high wide bench with your hands behind your head and, without separating your legs from the floor, lean back with your body, twisting your spine.
- Lying on your back, you must try to “ride” on the floor, while also lifting the body.
- Standing, raise a hand on the curved side of the thoracic, and extend the other hand to the side.
- The leg of the curved side should be taken to the side, both hands should be placed on the back of the head.
- In a pose on all fours, in turn, bend, bend your back (fighting pose of a cat). Do the exercise at least 8 times.
- You need to get on all fours, breathing in the air. When exhaling, try to sit on your heels with motionless hands. After inhaling, return to the starting position.
A set of exercises to strengthen the muscles of the back, helping to get rid of pain
Exercises that strengthen the back, while at the same time relieving pain in the lumbar, vertebral, can be performed at home. A simple technique allows you to easily do workouts at a convenient time.
Sarpasan Exercise or Snake Pose
You need to lie on your stomach and, resting your hands at shoulder level, bend your back back and throw your head back.
It is necessary to lie on your back, bending your legs lik
e a baby, grasp your hands with bent knees. Head, shoulders should be torn off the floor. It is necessary to bend so as to touch the crown of the knees. This exercise is very calming for pain.
Exercise that relieves pain in the vertebral, lumbar sectors
You need to lie on your back, bend the legs at shoulder width at the knee, without separating the foot from the floor. When inhaling, press the pelvis to the floor without breathing for 2-3 seconds. Exhaling air, raise the chest as high as possible. Repeat 5 to 10 times.
The complex for relieving pain and restoring the nervous system also includes the above-mentioned exercises:
- fitball stretch,
- lumbar twisting.
The whole complex of the listed exercises for the back is very successfully performed at home, allowing you to do health without unnecessary financial costs and loss of time.
Exercises for the back at home: video
How to strengthen the back muscles at home, see the video clip:
How to get rid of back pain Find out in the video: