Instructions for doing biceps exercises with dumbbells, which you can do on your own at home, show that a beginner can also cope.
- The intricacies of biceps training
- Biceps anatomy
- Precautionary measures
- The right choice of dumbbell weights
- The effectiveness of weight loss exercises for girls
- Hand curl with dumbbell grip hammer
- Arm curl with dumbbells lying
- Concentrated bench press
- Extension of the arms in an inclination
- Rowing up
- Incline Rowing
- Dumbbell Sumo Squat
- Slanting hands
- Dumbbell lifting and bench press
- Scarecrow exercise on one leg
- Hands up
- French bench press
- Back lunge and bench press
- Boxer Pilates Exercise
- Exercise “Wingspan” lying
The intricacies of biceps training
If you study at home, you need to follow these recommendations:
- When doing the exercise, try to keep the body stationary.
- Observe smooth movements.
- Do not immediately perform exercises that involve heavy loads. It is better to do several approaches, loading the muscles measured.
Muscles of the upper extremities: biceps, triceps, deltas, extensors of the fingers, brachiradialis. Many are interested in biceps, which are located on the upper part of the humerus and consist of two heads. It is this muscle that bends and extends the shoulder, bends the upper part of the arm and works as an arch support of the forearm.
You should remember about precautions when doing exercises:
- You can not deal with this type of physical activity daily.
- Do not strain the body during illness.
- You can’t set the dumbbells to the working weight from the very beginning of the training, it is always necessary to warm up the muscles.
- When lying down, you can’t take your back off the floor.
- Do not immediately after exercise on your back go to the “pumping” of the biceps.
The right choice of dumbbell weights
Each exercise requires its own weight, and with an illiterate choice, the load will be either too large or insufficient.
To select your weight when performing any of the exercises with dumbbells, you must use the “muscle failure” method.
If at 15-16 repetitions of the exercise you feel physical impotence, then the weight is correctly selected.
It is necessary to gradually increase the weight of the dumbbells, this will help to properly stimulate the muscles for subsequent growth.
The effectiveness of weight loss exercises for girls
To exercise, take dumbbells weighing at least 2 pounds and not more than 4 pounds.
- Mill. To stand upright, start to rotate smoothly with your hands, in turn, so as to create the feeling that the body is working on the principle of a mill. 3-4 approaches are recommended.
- Swing arms to the back. Stand straight, bend your arms at the elbows at the chest, elbows to the sides. The shoulder blades are brought together and with bent arms make a movement towards the back, then straighten the arms. Repeat 10 sets.
Stand straight, legs apart to the side when jumping, and arms raise up. Jump 10-15 times.
Hand curl with dumbbell grip hammer
The Hammer is one of the most effective classical exercises for the proper development of biceps and brachial muscles. This exercise helps to build muscle, as well as increase the width of the forearm itself.
- It is required to take a suitable dumbbell weight.
- Stand up straight, legs straight. In this case, a slight deflection in the lower back and comfort should be felt.
- Place the elbows along the body, in a bent position, they remain stationary, pressed to the body.
- On the exhale – raise your elbows (bend), almost to the level of the shoulders, on the inhale – lower the dumbbells down, stretch your elbows along the body.
The number of repetitions is 10-12 times. Perform should be 3-4 approaches.
Arm curl with dumbbells lying
Exercise well lengthens the muscles, which makes the hands more beautiful and graceful. To learn how to perform it, you must follow the instructions:
- Lie comfortably on your back so that your legs are on the floor and your body is on a bench. Keep your feet balanced.
- Dumbbells to pick up at a distance of 11’8 inch from the floor, bend your arms.
- Raise and lower your hands slowly.
- At the same time, keep your elbows and do not move your shoulders.
2-3 approaches are recommended. In one approach, at least 7-8 repetitions.
Concentrated bench press
Another among the exercises for biceps with dumbbells at home is bending the arms through the sides in a standing position.
To achieve maximum effect – you need to consider the following:
- Do not throw the dumbbells too high, as this will reduce the efficiency of the exercise itself;
- It is better to take the dumbbells themselves, not in the middle, but closer to the inside;
- Elbows should not be brought forward more than 3’9 inch.
Ways to complete the exercise:
- Method 1
Bend your arms alternately, alternating between left and right hand repetitions. Follow the brush, try not to change its position.
The starting position is to bend down parallel to the floor, then simply lift alternately to the opposite arm of the dumbbell.
- Method 2
To stand up straight, take dumbbells in your hands and lower them along the body. The palms are looking forward.
On exhalation, raise your hands to shoulder height, on inhalation – to unbend and again take its original position.
Do 5-6 repetitions. At least 2-3 approaches.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Cracks in the fingers – causes and treatment of the skin with folk remedies, ointments, masks and preparations. Photo.
Extension of the arms in an inclination
In order to master the correct execution of the exercise, you will need to take a stable low bench and follow our instructions:
- The starting position is to sit on a bench, legs apart at shoulder width apart. With your left hand lean on your thigh, take a dumbbell in your right and lean your triceps on the inside of your leg.
- Now, while inhaling, slowly bend your hand, while turning the brush away from you.
- When the hand is at the highest point, hold it.
- As you exhale, lower your hand.
- Change hands;
The number of repetitions is not less than 6-8, 2-3 approaches.
Performing such a load helps to work out the triceps and sets him a good growth rate. This happens due to the corresponding angle of inclination at which t
he impact occurs. To consolidate the result and come to a beautiful body shape – you should carry out the load regularly, choosing the right weight for the dumbbells.
The exercise itself consists of the steps:
- The starting position is to become sideways to the bench, making a deflection in the lower back.
- With your left hand and left knee, lean on the bench, and move your right leg back. This will help to take a comfortable horizontal position.
- Take a dumbbell. Bend your arm to a right angle and raise your elbow to chest level.
- On inhalation, align the arm, and on exhalation, tighten the muscles and return the forearm itself to its original position.
- Try not to move your shoulder.
- After several repetitions of the right biceps, proceed to work on the left.
- Perform at least 3-4 approaches.
- Requires a stand – feet shoulder width apart.
- Clasp palms with dumbbells so that they are turned to the body.
- Shoulders are flat, crouch slightly.
- On inspiration, lift the dumbbells, on exhalation – lower them down.
- Perform at least 10-12 repetitions, in the total number of approaches at least 3.
Exercise creates an imitation of real water rowing.
- Stand up and tilt the case forward so that it is almost at a right angle. In this case, the back should be perfectly taut and even.
- Stretch your arms forward, knees slightly bent.
- Dumbbells remain in the hands. At the same time raise them to the body, the elbows should be pressed to the body.
- A little hold the elbows at the top, after which, as you exhale, slowly return them to their original position.
- Repeat the exercise 12-15 times. The number of repetitions is 2-3.
Dumbbell Sumo Squat
Exercise for biceps with dumbbells at home can sometimes have a very specific look, which will amuse households. Before performing, stretch the middle of the arm.
- Take a starting position. Legs are maximally spaced. In this case, the toes are directed to the sides. Straighten your back, create a comfortable deflection in the lower back.
- Straighten your arms, and expand your palms with the back of yourself.
- Bend your elbows and arms at the same time.
- With two hands, take one dumbbell.
- Start squatting as you exhale. Do not lift your shoulders, strain your back muscles in moderation.
- Rise as you inhale.
- Repeat 10-15 times, 2-3 sets. The most effective weight of a dumbbell is 44 -66 pounds.
The exercise itself is not suitable for everyone, but only for those who use steroids or are an experienced athlete. If a beginner is doing it, it will simply help diversify your workout. To do this, take light dumbbells and avoid sudden movements.
- Take dumbbells with a simple grip.
- Tilt the body forward, keep your back straight, parallel to the floor.
- Starting position – arms extended straight down, legs firmly on the floor.
- Slowly spread your arms to the sides. The goal is to raise the dumbbells as high as possible.
- You can not move the trajectory of the arms or legs, neither forward nor backward. Strictly up or down.
- As you exhale, stretch your arms down.
Dumbbell lifting and bench press
- Starting position: legs spaced shoulder width apart, feet pressed to the floor, body at right angles.
- The back should be flat, while you need to try to bend it in the lower back.
- Raise the dumbbells at the same time to the level of the temples on inhalation and slowly lower them on the exhale.
Repeat at least 10-15 times, in 2-3 approaches.
Scarecrow exercise on one leg
The exercise is aimed at strengthening the ligaments of the shoulder joints. It can be performed not only as the main one, but also as a warm-up.
- Starting position – dumbbells in hands, legs shoulder-width apart, bend one leg, elbows raised to the level of the shoulders themselves. The forearm with the shoulder should have a right angle.
- On the exhale, lift the dumbbells above the elbows, on the inhale – lower them down to their original position.
An equally important exercise for biceps with dumbbells at home. It is carried out simply.
- Feet shoulder width apart.
- The body is slightly inclined forward.
- On inspiration, raise your arms to the sides, on exhalation – lower.
Perform 10-15 times, in 2-3 approaches.
French bench press
This type of exercise trains triceps well. For this:
- Conveniently located in a horizontal position. Bend your legs at the knees and leave on weight.
- Now you need to take dumbbells.
- Press your elbows to the body and raise straight arms in front of you, at chest level.
- As you exhale, lower your arms to the sides, slightly bending at the elbows.
- Perform 10-15 times in 3-4 approaches.
Back lunge and bench press
One of the simple exercises for biceps is to bend your arms at the elbow. It is necessary to perform 3-4 repetitions, 5-6 approaches. To do this, you need to take dumbbells, take a step forward and alternately lower and lower the body.
- To stand upright, place your feet near, place the dumbbells at shoulder level.
- To lunge – to do this, put one leg back, crouching a little, and create a right angle with the second knee.
- After that, the leg that was behind – to move forward, while raising it as high as possible, in parallel with the leg to raise up and hands.
- Do the same, but change legs.
Boxer Pilates Exercise
The “Aggressive” name creates an imitation of wrestling and striking with dumbbells.
- First you should take a primary position. To do this, place the feet shoulder-width apart, while bending the elbows, and leave the upper part of the arm flush with the back.
- Squat lightly. Bend yourself a little in such a way that the back is parallel to the floor.
- On inspiration, do not rush and do not make sudden movements – return to the original stance.
- Next time – swap hands.
- Such repetitions need at least 10, and the approaches themselves 2-3.
Exercise “Wingspan” lying
Well, in conclusion – a favorite exercise for women to biceps with dumbbells at home.
- Take a lying position. Knees at a right angle. Press the lower back to the floor to create a minimum load for it. Raise your arms so that your elbows are bent and your palms are turned towards the body.
- Hands spread and low
er. This should be done so that they remain on weight, but at a small distance from the floor.
- At the same time, lift and lower them so that the dumbbells are either above the floor or above the chest.
- Repeat 10-15 times. With a short break of 1-2 minutes, return to the exercise two more times.
Exercising is useful at any age. The main thing is to properly distribute the load and engage regularly.