Diode laser hair removal is considered one of the most effective and long-term effective methods of getting rid of unwanted body hair. Classic hair removal using shaving has a very short-term effect and is considered a quick, temporary procedure, because it removes only the upper part of the hair without affecting the bulb.
- Diode laser hair removal: the essence of the method
- How a diode laser affects hair
- The difference between diode hair removal from epilation with alexandrite laser
- Pros and cons of the procedure
- What areas can be subjected to diode laser hair removal
- Preparation for laser hair removal with a diode laser
- How painful is diode hair removal
- Can I do pain relief
- How is diode laser hair removal performed
- Duration of the procedure
- How long to wait for the result
- The required number of procedures
- Skin care after laser hair removal
- Rehabilitation period
- The cost of diode laser hair removal (average prices in New York)
- Side effects
- Video on diode laser hair removal
Diode laser hair removal: the essence of the method
Diode laser hair removal is considered the most painless and safe of similar procedures. The laser beam acts on the melanin contained in the hair shaft and hair follicle. Cells containing melanin, under the influence of rays, are first heated and then destroyed. The procedure should be repeated, because the first session is not able to completely destroy inactive bulbs.
After 3-4 weeks, the follicles remaining in the epidermis go into the active phase, and laser hair removal not only removes the active hair follicles, but also destructively affects the nascent ones that are inactive. After several sessions, weakening of hair growth, a change in its structure (they become thinner) and growth rate is noticeable.
Hard hair becomes more invisible and soft, and soft hair completely disappears.
By acting directly on the hair follicles, the use of a diode laser provides a guarantee that they will not be restored in the future. Any skin type on which a diode laser is applied does not feel pain.
The diode laser has a considerable amount of optical fibers at the tip of the machine, which contributes to a uniform distribution of laser beams over the desired area of the skin.
How a diode laser affects hair
The laser beam hits the skin area, and the pigment melanin absorbs the beam that is contained in the hair. As a result, the part of the hair that protrudes above the area of the skin is first burned, and then, after a certain time, the rest of it falls out, which remains inside.
Several sessions contribute to the complete death of the follicle. Over time, the hair becomes thinner, grows less often, and ultimately completely ceases to appear on the treated areas. Discomfort drowns the cooling built-in to the manipulator and the gel, which is applied to the area before the procedure.
A diode laser can have 2 light beam lengths, which is good for different skin types. During a light flash, the laser destroys the pigment (melanin) due to the thermal effect. It only takes a split second for the beam to reach the hair follicle. The follicle dies when the cell heats up to 46,4 – 32°F. The whole process first slows down and then stops hair growth over time.
The diode laser has anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory effects. The remaining hair in the skin will not fall out immediately, but after a certain period of time, mainly this will happen after 2 weeks from the start of the procedure. The “clean” area will be clearly visible and at the place of hair growth, smooth, hairless skin forms.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
The difference between diode hair removal from epilation with alexandrite laser
In diode laser hair removal, the laser wavelength is 810 nm, and epilation with an alexandrite laser is only 755 nm. Diode hair removal is used on different types of skin, and it is able to remove stiff hair. Alexandrite laser is able to remove only light and red hair, and also remove tattoos with its help.
A alexandrite laser is more effective in light areas of the skin, with a mild tan, and incorrectly aligned parameters can even contribute to a burn. A diode laser can be used to treat tanned areas of the skin.
The alexandrite laser copes with blond hair better, because the diode laser only affects dark pigment, which is not found in red and gray hair. The cooling system is considered better with an alexandrite laser, because only a nozzle cools with a diode laser, but this also contributes to a painless procedure in sensitive areas.
Pros and cons of the procedure
Diode laser hair removal has negative aspects in the procedure:
- redness on the skin area that may pass over time is possible;
- with a low pain threshold, sensations of pain during the procedure are possible, the same applies to owners of hard black hair. But this problem is solved by treating the skin with an anesthetic;
- not a small list of contraindications to groups of people who are prohibited from this procedure: allergies, injuries, pregnancy, the presence of many birthmarks, various diseases, etc.
- the cost of the procedure may not be small, because it will take more than one session to completely get rid of hair;
- It does not immediately remove inactive follicles, which will pass over time into the active phase.
The positive aspects of the procedure include:
- the removal procedure is not long in time, because the diode laser captures a large area, and is also able to work even while moving;
- the laser copes with both dark and light hairs (gray and red hairs are not included here), even with a very rigid structure. Able to work on tanned skin;
- no formation of scars and ingrown hairs;
- the laser beam does not affect internal organs, is completely safe;
- painless procedure, gel for a little anesthesia is used. Also, during hair removal, the device slightly cools the skin;
- perfectly copes with sensitive areas (bikini area, face, crotch area);
- the power of the device is selected according to the type of skin;
- excludes thermal skin burns;
- safety, which means that no areas of the skin are damaged, which reduces the risk of infection;
- since the diode laser does not affect the skin, it remains smooth and silky, without visible scars and burns.
What areas can be subjected to diode laser hair removal
Be sure to take into account all the features of the skin, the structure and length of hair, skin color, the presence of diseases and taking medications before the procedure.
Diode laser hair removal is carried out in the following areas:
- in the face: cheeks, upper lip, eyebrows, nape;
- upper torso: axillary zones, decollete, chest and back;
- bikini and buttocks area;
- leg area: hips, legs, entire leg area, fingers;
- arms: upper and lower elbows, hands, fingers.
Preparation for laser hair removal with a diode laser
Epilation based on a diode laser copes even with sunburned skin, but it is best before the procedure:
- avoid sunbathing for 2 weeks. If it is not possible to avoid the sun, it is advisable to treat the skin areas that will undergo hair removal with a sun protection cream that have high UV protection criteria;
- exclude visits to the solarium and other methods of applying an artificial tan;
- do not remove hair with tweezers, wax and shugaring before the procedure. Do not use cream to slow hair growth for a month – one and a half before the procedure;
- shave the hair on the eve of hair removal, so that at the time of the hair height is about 1/32 inch. If the hair is more than 1/32 inch, then the laser exposure will take longer, because how much energy is spent on destroying the hair itself, not the bulb;
- in no case do not apply any cosmetics or ointments before laser removal;
- Do not lighten hair in the area that will be prone to diode laser hair removal.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
How painful is diode hair removal
The hair follicle heats up during the procedure, a slight pain is felt in some areas, but it is not so large in comparison with conventional laser hair removal, it is easily tolerated by many patients.
When using a diode laser, the skin areas do not heat up much, mainly the temperature is accented on the hair follicles, therefore, there are no irritating properties on the skin. Even if the treated area has high pain (for example, a bikini zone), then there is a way out in the absence of a pain test.
After the completion of hair removal, a soothing cream or spray is applied to the skin, and a cooling gel is used throughout the procedure. Some brands of diode devices have properties that reduce pain during epilation.
Can I do pain relief
To eliminate discomfort during the procedure, resort to the use of anesthetic drugs. The drugs that are used during pain relief are completely safe and do not include a course of pills or drugs. Anesthetics for diode hair removal are most often ointments and sprays, which are anesthesia, you can even apply an injection if desired.
How is diode laser hair removal performed
Depending on the area being treated and the design of the hair, the procedure can take 15 minutes or several hours. The most laborious and long processes are the zones of the legs and arms, because these are the areas with the largest hair cover and the hair on them can be stiff.
The procedure for epilation with a diode laser is very simple, and includes the following steps:
- Before starting work, the specialist selects the most suitable variant of the processing technique;
- if necessary, before the start of the procedure, the place is treated with an antiseptic (for example, a medical gel that is used for ultrasound, ointment, sprays);
- location in a convenient area for the procedure on a couch or chair, because some procedures can drag on for more than one hour;
- the use of goggles for the eyes of both the person conducting the procedure and the patient;
- surface treatment of the problem area. Sometimes during processing an unpleasant odor may be felt;
- after all procedures for removing the scalp, a cream is applied to regenerate the skin, which soothes it.
The average number of sessions that is performed during epilation with a diode laser is 3-7 times. During this time, it is possible to completely get rid of unwanted hair that will not bother for a very long time, or even always.
In order to prevent the formation of new hair growth, it is necessary to follow a course that supports the destruction of bulbs and do the procedure at least 1 time per year.
Duration of the procedure
The duration of the procedure depends on the zone and structure of the hair, but the average duration is:
|Name||Amount of time (min.) In women||Amount of time (min.) In men|
|Full face area||30||30-40|
|Legs (entire area)||90||90|
How long to wait for the result
Diode laser hair removal will not completely show the whole result after the first session, because for the first time, laser treatment can only remove active bulbs, and about 30% of all available ones.
Several sessions can destroy follicles that were previously in a dormant phase. It will take an average of 4 to 6-7 diode laser treatment sessions. The result will depend on some factors that are based on the structure of the hair, the quality of the work and the apparatus itself.
For each, there is an individual course of therapy, which can only be selected by a specialist, based on the analysis and effect of previous procedures.
The required number of procedures
The interval of sessions can be 3-6 weeks, then it will increase for each session by an average of two weeks. Supporting procedures are also recommended 1-2 times a year.
It can not be assumed how many procedures may be needed, because each organism is individual, and in many respects the quantity may depend on:
- hormonal status of the body;
- concomitant diseases (if any);
- taking medication.
If you do not do supporting procedures, then within 6-8 years the hair cover can be restored completely and the complex of all procedures will have to be started anew, therefore it is best to adhere to maintenance hair removal once or twice a year. In this case, if you do not adhere to supportive courses, then completely restored hair will not be so stiff and dark.
Skin care after laser hair removal
To fix the effect and soothe the skin after diode laser hair removal, you should follow some rules:
- apply a soothing cream containing panthenol to the areas that have undergone epilation, apply it for 3-5 days;
- if the skin dries up after the procedure, then apply a moisturizer;
- to minimize water procedures; some experts recommend not wetting the treated area for up to 2 days, but it is best to abandon the bath, bath and pools within 3 days;
- Do not use too fat and heavy cream, which clogs the pores and does not allow the skin to breathe, this may cause acne;
- do not use creams containing retinol and glycolic acid, they are contraindicated after laser hair removal;
- do not sunbathe for 2-3 days, and if sunlight is inevitable, then use a sunscreen of 35 SPF, as well as containing zinc oxide and titanium dioxide;
- Do not massage the area and area where the hair was removed;
- do not apply alcohol-containing substances to the sites, do not use scrubs;
- do not pull out and do not touch the hair after the procedure and throughout the course of passage;
- Do not exercise during the week, so that the sweat glands are not intense;
- the resulting redness after epilation will go away on their own, in no case should they be drastically cooled and not overheated, otherwise the redness will only worsen and resume.
Redness on the treated area of the skin after the procedure is considered the norm. If there is a burning sensation, itching, it is best to consult a doctor immediately. Redness of the skin disappears during the day, if you do not take into account possible allergic reactions.
With the correct implementation of the recommendations of the cosmetologist after the procedure, no complications arise, a special recovery period is not required.
The cost of diode laser hair removal (average prices in New York)
Diode laser hair removal is considered not too cheap pleasure, the average cost of the procedure is:
|Name of procedure||Cost for men, usd.||Cost for women, usd.|
|Cost of 5 sessions||
|Cost of 5 sessions|
|The area of the upper lip, chin||400-600||2000-3000||350-500||1750-2000|
|Mucous membrane of the nose, inner part of the ears||1400||7000|
|Belly Half / Full||1600/2500||8000/12500||1500/1600||7500/8000|
|Hands to the elbow||1800||9000||1600||8000|
|Drumstick with knee||3000||15000||2200||11000|
Diode hair removal has a number of contraindications for such categories of people. The procedure is contraindicated:
- people with skin diseases, inflammation;
- tuberculosis patients;
- on the cultivated area there is a huge number of birthmarks;
- if hair removal is performed in the of the legs, then there should be no diseases in this area such as varicose veins;
- sick with diabetes;
- if there are diseases of the cardiovascular system or other internal organs;
- there are viral skin diseases such as fungus or herpes;
- cold sick;
- if there is an open wound on the treated area, then the procedure in this area is not allowed;
- lactation or gestation at any time;
- diode hair removal in the chest area is not allowed in the presence of diseases of the mammary gland, the most applies to the bikini zone, if there are diseases of the pelvis
- various oncological diseases;
- The use of laser hair removal with a convulsive syndrome (epilepsy) is not recommended.
Side effects can be judged after 2-3 hours of the procedure. This method of hair removal does not have a huge list of side effects, because a diode laser is safer, unlike others.
From its use, there are no scars, burns, the only thing that can cause discomfort after using a diode laser:
- increased sensitivity in the treated areas;
- the appearance of a rash;
- discoloration of the skin;
Epilation using a diode laser is considered an effective and simple procedure that does not cause pain and guarantees the disposal of unwanted hair for many years.
Video on diode laser hair removal
Features of diode laser hair removal:
What are the results of diode laser hair removal: