Today, there are many cosmetic products that can not only hide or eliminate the shortcomings, but also emphasize the merits. One of these tools is a face corrector. About what it is, and a detailed step-by-step instruction on how to use it correctly, later in the article.
- Why is a corrector needed
- What are the correctors
- How to choose a shade for color correction of the face
- How to apply corrector
- How to mask bruises and dark circles under the eyes
- How to hide wrinkles
- How to gloss over acne
- How to gloss over age spots
- Contouring Technique
- Concealer on a round face
- Applying Concealer On An Elongated Face
- Corrector application on a square face
- Applying Concealer to Oval Face
- Applying a corrector to a triangular face
- The main mistakes when applying the corrector
- Concealer and corrector: what is the difference
- How to choose a corrector
- Video: face corrector, how to use
Why is a corrector needed
Few women can boast of perfect facial skin condition. Very often, the complexion has to be corrected, especially before any important event.
Defects and flaws in the skin can be considered:
- dark spots;
- acne and traces of them;
- dark circles under the eyes;
- enlarged pores;
- capillary nets.
A face corrector will successfully help hide these small cosmetic imperfections on the skin.
What are the correctors
Correctors in color, appearance and texture are diverse. Given this, they are used for various purposes.
This product is divided into the following varieties:
In more detail about each type – further.
The liquid corrector has a texture similar to a foundation fluid. Since this corrector is based on a non-greasy water base, using it is not so simple. Therefore, it is necessary to distribute the tool very quickly, otherwise there is a risk of hiding some shortcomings, but emphasizing others. In order to use such a tool yourself, you need to stock up with a comfortable brush.
The best option is to trust the hand of a professional.
It’s a little easier to use an automatic pencil, because the corrector is evenly distributed on the brush. This type of corrector very well masks problem areas around the eyes.
The product is very convenient to use. It has a good consistency, thanks to which it is easy to apply, does not clog into wrinkles and wrinkles, and is not able to spread over the skin. Therefore, it is easy to use such a product even for those who have never used a face corrector.
Thanks to modern formulas, solid proofreaders are created with a very delicate texture and a variety of vitamin supplements. This reflects very well on the condition of the skin. This type of corrector eliminates small local redness, scars and acne.
The composition of the pencil often includes various antibacterial components. This has a very beneficial effect on problematic or oily skin. The pencil has very good durability. In addition to eliminating deficiencies, it can also be used instead of a highlighter or primer.
Thanks to the pencil, you can increase or decrease the volume of the lips, add saturation to bright lipstick or shadows. You can also visually raise the area under the eyebrow, to make the female look more “wide open”.
A fairly popular type of proofreaders. It is sold either in jars or in palettes of 4-6 colors. They must be mixed together to create the perfect tone. Allows you to solve the problems of several types of problem skin. It has a fairly dense texture, which allows you to remarkably mask various flaws: acne marks, scars, age spots and dark spots.
Not very common, but it is a lifesaver for girls who have a very oily type of facial skin, as it creates a matting effect. Thanks to various shades, you can perfectly hide the redness of the skin (using the corrector with green pigments) or any pigment spots (using the corrector with purple pigments).
The advantage of this type of corrector is the even distribution of the decorative product on the brush. It is very convenient when applied to the skin.
It mask well problem areas of the skin, and also reduces them in the shortest possible time. It is very convenient to use and transport.
By its consistency, the oil corrector resembles a theater make-up. Ideal for camouflaging dark circles in the eye area, various pigment spots or other very pronounced skin imperfections. Due to its dense texture, this type of corrector allows you to create a perfectly even face relief, since it completely hides all the flaws.
It is very convenient to use this type of corrector, since the tool is not very liquid.
Mineral corrector effectively hides skin imperfections, masks dark circles in the eye area. This helps maintain a natural look. This corrector does not create a mask effect, does not make the skin heavier, it feels comfortable on it. It contains a complex of plant extracts and useful mineral components. This has a very good effect on the skin of the face.
A unique invention that will help to cope with a variety of facial skin defects in minutes. The corrector palette can include up to 25 different colors, which are designed to eliminate many problems of the dermis. It is very important to use shades in order to not only emphasize the advantages of the skin, but also to hide unwanted imperfections.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
How to choose a shade for color correction of the face
Concealer for the face (how to use, step-by-step instructions – further on in the article) has many color solutions. Most women use exclusively natural colors. But in cosmetology, there are many shades of correctors that, when used correctly, help very easily cope with various skin imperfections.
You need to know which color corrector should be used for a particular problem:
- Green . The corrector of this shade helps to cope with broken vessels, freckles and various age spots, uneven tanning, bites of any insects, red inflammation, multiple acne and acne. If the skin of the face has a reddish tint, it is worth using a corrective primer in green.
Yellow . Used to eliminate such shortcomings: redness, rosacea veins, bruises under the eyes, dull skin color,
the effects of fatigue, traces of acne, scars.
- Violet . The corrector of violet color will help to even out complexion with not completely even tan, camouflage patches of yellow skin and freckles, eliminate old bruises that have already turned yellow, and yellow skin. Gives a beautiful radiance to the face. If the skin is tanned or dark, you can not use a cold shade.
- White . This color corrector is used to mask light pigmentation and freckles in order to brighten very dark areas of the facial skin, highlight natural convexities of the face and correct their shape. Very often it is used to dilute concealers, concealers and correctors of a very dark shade. This helps in the result to get a more suitable color.
- Corporal . Corrective means of flesh color are applied to the skin after applying all color. They serve as a foundation for makeup and smooth the complexion well.
- Pink . It is also known as peach. Helps to hide dark circles in the area around the eyes (it hides violet, blue and green colors well), age spots, small wreaths in the nose. If the skin is very pale, it is worth using a salmon shade. Peach shade is more suitable for tanned skin or olive.
- Orange . It masks brown circles under the eyes, various dark spots very well. Also, using the orange corrector, you can lighten the skin area in the corners of the lips and dark folds between the nose and lips, remove bruises in the eye area. Ideal for dark skin.
- Brown . A decorative tool of this shade is the most common. Eliminates all minor irregularities, makes the skin smooth and beautiful. The hue of the corrector must match directly with the color of the skin, or be 1 tone lighter. Quite often it is used as a base for lipstick. This allows you to extend the lasting lipstick. Suitable for those who do not suffer from the constant appearance of unwanted redness and pimples.
- Blue . It hides allergic red spots, traces of rosacea, redness, acne, redness of tanned skin and other skin irritations very well. It can also be used to remove age spots and small freckles.
- Beige . This shade helps camouflage veins, hide bruises under the eyes, very well mask wrinkles. Thanks to this corrector, you can even out the tone, and revitalize the skin color. Remarkably covers the effects of any skin problems. When hiding a bruise, at first the flaw is blocked by some color, and then it is aligned with beige.
- Bronze . A fairly popular type of corrector. Helps to hide freckles and various age spots. Used for minor scars and post-acne. Smoothes complexion.
- Blue . Perfectly removes bruises under the eyes. Also, it is used in the presence of stains from unsuccessfully applied tanning.
How to apply corrector
Face corrector: how to use, step by step instructions:
- The dermis must be thoroughly cleaned and moistened. It is necessary to use the cream and wait until it is well absorbed.
- Before the base is applied under the makeup, you need to use a liquid type corrector. You need to start by camouflaging problem areas. The cosmetic is gently applied to the fingertips or to the hand, and it handles imperfections. If they are small, then you can use a cotton swab.
- The corrector is evenly distributed over problem areas.
- The method of darkening or clarification of certain areas of the skin will help make the skin more prominent (use different tones of the product). First of all, the darkest color is used. The product is applied to the contour of the face, temples, nose wings and just below the cheekbones. In the case when the lower jaw is very massive, it should also be darkened.
- You need to work with a light shade corrector in the center of the forehead, on the protruding part of the nose, the area around the eyes, chin, lower and upper eyelids, the upper part of the cheeks, the area between the parts of the lower jaw and cheekbones that protrude.
How to mask bruises and dark circles under the eyes
- When bruises are very noticeable under the eyes, it is necessary to use a corrector of pink, yellow or orange. From above, a corrector is applied 1 shade lighter than the skin, or this area is immediately treated with a suitable foundation.
- In order to camouflage dark circles, you need to use the corrector of the desired color. For fair skin, a pinkish tint is suitable, for a medium skin tone – peach, for a dark skin – orange.
- It is necessary to apply a corrector of a certain color according to the same scheme as a concealer or standard nude.
How to hide wrinkles
- First you need to use a moisturizer and let it absorb well.
- After that, a corrector is applied under the eyes 1-2 shades lighter than the shade of the face skin to hide the dark circles and wrinkles formed in this area. It is necessary to choose a liquid corrector based on water, so that it does not slide into folds. And only after its application, the dermis will become visually more even.
- The same corrector must be applied to the corners of the mouth from below, to the nasolabial fold, to the dimple above the chin, to the back of the nose. While the cosmetic product has not yet been absorbed, it must be carefully shaded with a damp sponge.
How to gloss over acne
How to use a face corrector to cover up acne.
- A cold shade of the green corrector is applied with a brush to redness or acne.
- The pigment is slightly pressed with a finger, and the borders are shaded. Then you need to wait a bit until the corrector gently “settles” on the skin.
- You should choose a tonal foundation that is ideal for skin tone and apply it to the entire face.
How to gloss over age spots
- Primer is applied on pigmented spots or on the entire face.
- At the first stage, you need to use a tint corrector (select the desired color). The product is applied to the stain, slightly beyond its borders. Wait until it is slightly absorbed and thoroughly blend the contours.
- The tonal remedy begins to be applied exclusively from the area that is subject to correct
ion, with neat movements. It must be distributed throughout the skin of the face.
- If the pigment spot is very striking, at the initial stage you can put a white pencil or a light concealer under the corrector.
- Light spots are hidden by a concealer, which is 1-2 tones darker from the foundation.
- Conclusion – applying powder. Movement in the area of the spot should be as accurate as possible. You can also apply powder through a napkin (for reinsurance).
Contouring is one of the techniques in makeup that helps to accentuate the dignity of the face.
The execution scheme:
- Using a wide flat brush, it is necessary to apply a cream concealer on the cheeks and on the area under the eyes. This will even out the complexion.
- Highlight the back of the nose and the middle of the forehead with a highlighter.
- Correct flaws in the dimple above the upper lip and chin area.
- Using a beveled brush, a bronzer is applied under the cheekbones.
- It is necessary to camouflage the forehead area with a bronzer (apply along the hairline).
- Two longitudinal strips on both sides of the nose will help make it narrower.
- The jaw line and chin must be very carefully processed.
- Using a sponge, blend clear lines.
- Add a little blush to your cheeks.
Concealer on a round face
- Using tonal creams of light and dark shades, even out the relief and complexion. Apply a dark shade on the lateral areas of the face, the sides of the nose, its wings, emphasize the cheekbones. A light shade should be applied exclusively to the center of the forehead and nose, chin, under the eyes.
- Hide age spots or other skin imperfections.
- To hide chubby cheeks, you need to use a blush of light brown tones. Apply them diagonally from the top of the cheekbone to the middle of the cheek.
Applying Concealer On An Elongated Face
- To visually shorten the face, it is necessary to use a concealer darker than the skin of the face by 2-3 tones or a matte bronzer. Apply along the hairline on the top of the forehead. Gradually shift it down in the direction.
- According to the length of the lower part of the chin, it is necessary to draw with dark blush or a corrector.
- It is necessary to apply a matte bronzer on the nose bridge, and cover the nose with a basic tone.
Corrector application on a square face
- The first thing you need to do is apply makeup.
- Work out the lines of the forehead: those parts that need to be hidden are processed with a dark shade. Those that emphasize are in a light tone.
- A dark tone of the tonal base is applied to the sides of the forehead. It is necessary to shade it well to create a bend.
- Underline with light powder the middle of the forehead, the area around the eyes, chin.
- In the form of a triangle, apply a dark blush on the cheekbones (the corners are elongated towards the temples).
Applying Concealer to Oval Face
- Cleanse face if necessary.
- To mask various imperfections, it is necessary to use an appropriate color corrector.
- Apply foundation that looks more natural on the skin.
- To shorten the shape of the face, you need to apply a dark foundation on the forehead and chin.
- Underline cheekbones – apply blush towards the temples. Choose not too bright shades.
Applying a corrector to a triangular face
- Cover your face with makeup base.
- Distribute a tone that matches skin color.
- Using a darker tonal foundation, apply it to the line of the chin, which slightly crosses the boundaries of the regular oval and on the temples.
- A light tone is applied to the bottom of the chin, the side zones of the cheekbones, temples, and on the side of the lower jaw.
- All of the above areas are covered with dark powder, which differs from skin color by 1-2 tones.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
The main mistakes when applying the corrector
It is easy to choose a corrector for the face, but how to use it to emphasize the advantages, as well as hide skin imperfections Step-by-step instructions were given above. Now about the main mistakes when applying the corrector.
- Application to well-groomed skin.
- Wrong color.
- Use of cosmetics that are not suitable for the type of skin.
- Lack of makeup on the face or an overabundance.
- Incorrectly plucked eyebrows.
- Traces of mascara under the eyes.
- Eyelashes are messy.
- Lip liner (contour) is darker than the shade of lipstick.
- Using too bright shades of different colors at the same time.
- Strong use of blush pink shades.
To get the desired result, you must avoid these errors.
Concealer and corrector: what is the difference
Many girls do not see the difference in these two means and are sure that they perform the same functions.
But concealer and corrector differ in several ways:
|Structure||Dense, thick||Soft and light, liquid|
|Operating principle||Pigmentation brightening,
single camouflage of circles under the eyes, for pinpoint masking of minor skin imperfections (acne and scars)
|Sculpting the face, toning dark circles under the eyes, smoothing the tone, brightening small wrinkles|
|Color palette||Green, Yellow, Purple, Orange||Pink beige|
|Antibacterial components with a drying effect||Are part of||Missing|
|Application Area||On the face point, only in those places where there are defects||You can hide significant areas of the skin|
|Application||To foundation||On top of foundation|
How to choose a corrector
Corrector for the face (how to use, step-by-step instructions – earlier in the article) must be correctly selected.
There are a number of criteria to consider:
- The degree of oily skin.
- Skin condition.
- The nature of the problem.
- Positive feedback from those who have used this or that product.
If you select and use the corrector correctly, you can significantly improve the appearance of the skin.
Step-by-step instructions for using a face corrector are quite simple. This cosmetic product will help mask skin imperfections and make your face more attractive. To get the desired result, you need to clearly know how to apply a variety of colors and types of corrector.
Video: face corrector, how to use
How to use color correctors for the face, see the video clip:
Learn how to make facial contours in the video clip: