Clenbuterol is a bronchodilator drug whose main purpose is to treat asthma and eliminate the symptoms of the disease. In bodybuilding and fitness, the drug has gained distribution due to the powerful influence of the active substance on metabolic processes.
Clenbuterol for weight loss has been used for several decades and its effectiveness in burning fat is confirmed by numerous studies.
- Chemical composition and form of release
- How it helps in losing weight
- Indications for use
- Rules and recommendations for admission
- Determination of safe dosage
- Clenbuterol course without ketotifen
- Clenbuterol + ketotifen course
- Clenbuterol + T3 + yohimbine course
- Side effects
- Interaction with other drugs
- Where to buy, price, release forms
- Storage conditions and shelf life
- Clenbuterol Weight Loss Research
- How Clenbuterol Affects the Heart
- Effect on sleep
- Clenbuterol depletes potassium
- Doctors’ opinions on safety and effectiveness: Should I take it
- Clenbuterol Slimming Video
Chemical composition and form of release
Clenbuterol hydrochloride by the mechanism of exposure is a selective2-adrenostimulator. This compound is the main component of the drug “Clenbuterol”, which is available in tablets and syrup. Different forms of release differ in the concentration of the active substance.
The content of the active component:
- in tablets – 0.02 mg;
- in syrup – 0.01 mg / 0,17 fluid ounce;
- children’s syrup 0001 mg / 0,17 fluid ounce.
Tablets are available in blister packs and glass bottles of 20, 50 and 100 pieces. The syrup is available in 1,69 fluid ounce bottles and has a limited shelf life due to its high sugar content.
How it helps in losing weight
The drug is not intended to reduce body weight, but has been successfully used in bodybuilding to reduce the amount of adipose tissue without destroying muscle fibers. At the professional sport level, Clenbuterol was officially banned by WADA in 1992 as a pharmacological dope.
Clenbuterol for weight loss is effective because of the ability to regulate hormonal processes. The active substance triggers a series of sequential reactions that affect the biochemistry of the body. As a result of taking the drug, the activity of cells responsible for the transport and processing of lipids in the body is enhanced.
The phased mechanism of the effect of a substance on the human body is described below:
- The active substance of the drug binds to 2 receptors of muscle and adipose tissue.
- Receptors activate the production of cyclic adenosine monophosphate – a substance that is responsible for the transmission of hormonal signals between cells.
- The result is the active production of enzymes that transport fatty acid molecules from fat cells to muscles, where they are converted into energy.
After 15 minutes, a high concentration of adrenaline, insulin and norepinephrine is observed in the blood of the person taking the drug. Hormonal burst in conjunction with the production of enzymes enhances the rate of metabolic processes by 20-30%.
The main advantage of the drug for athletes is that it blocks catabolism, allowing you to eliminate excess fat without exerting a destructive effect on muscle fibers.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
Indications for use
Traditionally, Clenbuterol uses official medicine in the complex treatment of pathologies and diseases of the respiratory apparatus.
Diagnoses in which reception is indicated:
- bronchial asthma;
- bronchial obstructive syndrome;
In bodybuilding and fitness, the drug is indicated to achieve the desired parameters for the percentage of adipose tissue and muscles, lose weight, improve stamina and increase the effectiveness of training.
Athletes supplement the drug with a set of measures necessary to achieve a competitive form – drawing a muscle relief.
The risk of using the drug in the presence of contraindications is high. The use of even small doses can trigger a heart attack or lead to the development of a pre-infarction state.
The possibility of using clenbuterol in the following diseases and conditions is excluded:
- myocardial infarction;
- subaortic aortic stenosis;
- heart failure;
- endocrine disorders;
- thyroid pathology;
- allergic reaction.
For women at the stage of breastfeeding or pregnancy, the possibility of prescribing the drug is determined by the doctor. In case the potential benefit exceeds the risks, the drug is prescribed with an individual dosage selection.
Rules and recommendations for admission
Clenbuterol for weight loss or burning adipose tissue requires changes in diet and daily habits to prevent unwanted reactions of the body and neutralize toxic effects.
Below are the basic rules for admission:
- It is most safe to start taking at 6-8 weeks of drying, when the metabolic rate has decreased due to the low content of fast carbohydrates.
- Clenbuterol should be taken in the morning to avoid problems with falling asleep and the quality of sleep as a result of stimulation of adrenaline production.
- Duration of use – no more than 2 weeks. For this period, the body develops tolerance to the active substance, and further administration will give 0 result.
- For effectiveness, a daily dose increase of up to 6 days is necessary.
- The following days, the dosage cannot be increased.
- Increasing the dosage is accompanied by a separate dose – in the morning and in the afternoon, to avoid overdose.
- It is necessary to begin a gradual dose reduction 2-3 days before the end of the course.
- Strong coffee and alcohol are temporarily strictly prohibited. The combination of ethyl alcohol and caffeine with the active substance increases the risk of side effects and inhibits the processes of lipolysis (fat burning).
- If the course of administration did not give the desired result, it is safe to repeat it only after a break of 14 days.
- The effectiveness of clenbuterol intake depends on the diet. Depending on the goals, you should follow a specialized diet with a reduced content of simple carbohydrates and a high concentration of proteins.
- Throughout the course, increased aerobic loads are shown.
- When performing aerobic exercises, the control of heart rate and blood pressure should be strengthened.
The appearance of symptoms of cardiac ventricular dysfunction, tingling and burning in the heart are a signal for immediately stopping Clenbuterol and visiting a doctor.
Determination of safe dosage
In the absence of basic medical indications, a safe dosage does not exist. Experts in sports pharmacology have developed intake regimens that can minimize potential harm while maintaining efficacy.
- for women – no more than 120 mcg per day;
- for men – no more than 140 mcg per day.
This is the maximum allowable daily amount, which is achieved on the sixth day of admission by increasing the dosage with 20 mcg. Taking the maximum dose on the first day can lead to the development of an attack of respiratory and heart failure.
Clenbuterol course without ketotifen
Self-administration of ketotifen without adjuvants cannot last longer than 14 days. In the third week, receptors cease to respond to the substance received in the body, and addiction develops. The reception scheme is presented in the table.
|Days||Time of receipt||Dosage||The number of tablets of 0.02 mg|
|1 day||Morning||0.02 mg||1|
|2 day||Morning||0.04 mg||2|
|3 day||Morning and lunch||0.06 mg||3|
|4 day||Morning and lunch||0.08 mg||4|
|5 day||Morning and lunch||0.1 mg||5|
|6-12 day||Morning and lunch||120 mcg||6|
|13 day||Morning||0.08 mg||4|
|14 day||Morning||0.04 mg||2|
Clenbuterol + ketotifen course
The complex of ketotifen and clenbuterol can reduce the risk of side effects or reduce their severity. Using a combination of two drugs can extend the course time. Ketotifen is needed during a break to quickly restore receptor sensitivity.
Taking these drugs can be combined – this makes it possible to use clenbuterol for 4-8 weeks. Clenbuterol regimen is the same as when taking the drug on its own, but on day 5 in the evening, ketotifen is added in a dosage of 2 mg.
Clenbuterol + T3 + yohimbine course
Tetraiodothyronine (T3) is a drug that, in combination with clenbuterol and yohimbine, provides synergism. Manufacturers of sports pharmaceuticals use this combination of substances to create powerful, fast-acting stimulants and fat burners.
Duration of the course is 3 weeks. The regimen involves increasing the dose every 3 days. From day 12, dose reduction in the reverse order is necessary.
Clenbuterol for weight loss is fraught with side effects, even in the absence of contraindications.
The following is a list of side effects from the use of the drug:
- palpitations are observed in 60% of people taking the drug. It is eliminated with the help of adrenergic blocking drugs;
- tremor, trembling and weakness. Passes on 2-3 days of admission;
- increased sweating;
- sleep disturbances, insomnia;
- anxiety, panic attacks. It is eliminated after taking ketotifen;
- instability of blood pressure. You can prevent and eliminate using adrenergic blockers;
- nausea and diarrhea;
Most side effects can be eliminated by taking Clenbuterol with ketotifen and adrenergic blocking drugs. In case of an overdose, side effects will become more pronounced, in addition, toxic damage to the myocardium and male reproductive system is possible.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Interaction with other drugs
At the time of taking clenbuterol, you should refuse to take medications, as this increases the risk of side effects and toxic effects.
Below are the drugs and substances with which Clenbuterol is incompatible:
- ephedrine and its synthetic analogues in combination with clenbuterol increase the risk of developing heart d
isease as a result of taking it;
- in combination with cardiac glycosides, the drug causes a violation of the heart rhythm;
- worsens the effectiveness of hypoglycemic drugs;
- theophylline enhances the destructive effect on the heart muscle.
Clenbuterol for weight loss is often combined with synergists of the drug – anabolics.
Enhancing the effectiveness of the drug, they simultaneously increase the risk of developing cardiac muscle hypertrophy. Simultaneous administration is possible no longer than 3 days at the end of the course.
Where to buy, price, release forms
Clenbuterol from various pharmaceutical companies is present in the assortment of pharmacies. The difficulty of the acquisition lies in the fact that this pharmacological drug is included in the category of prescription drugs. In the absence of a prescription, you can purchase the drug in any sports pharmacology store.
The cost of clenbuterol depends on the country of manufacture, form of release and concentration of the active substance. The average cost of the drug in dollar terms is described in the table below.
|Sopharma AD (Bulgaria)||Carton package of 50 tablets of 0.02 mg.
5 blisters for 10 tablets.
|Balkanpharma-Troyan AD||Bottle of 100 tablets of 0.04 mg.||18 $|
|Balkanpharma-Troyan AD||Bottle of 50 tablets of 0.04 mg.||11 $|
Storage conditions and shelf life
Clenbuterol does not require special storage conditions. Tablets should be stored in a dry room where the air temperature does not exceed 25 degrees. Shelf life of the drug is 3 years, counting from the date of manufacture. For syrup, the maximum shelf life is 2 years from the date of production, but not more than 30 days from the moment the bottle is opened. Keep the syrup in a cool, dark place.
Clenbuterol Weight Loss Research
The first scientific evidence of the effectiveness of Clenbuterol in losing weight was given in 2021 by Australian scientists from the Garvan Institute for Medical Research. Scientists have studied the effect of a similar substance, formoterol, provided that the daily dose is 160 mcg.
As a result of studies, it was possible to find out that taking the drug with a course leads to the following results:
- anabolism is activated;
- protein synthesis is stimulated.
Together with the stimulation of adrenaline production, these effects make it possible to lose weight by reducing the volume of adipose tissue and preserving muscle. The author of the book “Anabolic Steroids” Leonid Ostapenko described in detail the mechanism for the development of side effects with regular use of Clenbuterol to eliminate excess adipose tissue.
According to studies conducted by the author, Clenbuterol molecules tend to accumulate in the cells of organs, gradually provoking their pathological growth. Due to the abuse of the drug, hypertrophy of the internal organs occurs, and favorable conditions are created for the growth of malignant neoplasms.
How Clenbuterol Affects the Heart
The consequence of taking the drug is a destructive effect on the functioning of the cardiovascular system.
Stimulation of adrenaline production provokes:
- heart palpitations;
- spasms of blood vessels;
- increase in blood pressure.
The use of the drug leads to the depletion of potassium and magnesium, which affects the condition of the heart muscle. Asparkam and ketotifen eliminate both problems. If, after supplementing the course with these drugs, heart problems have not resolved, you should cancel the appointment and undergo a cardiological examination.
Effect on sleep
As a result of studies, it was found that 8% of people taking clenbuterol had a problem with sleep disturbance. Insomnia, frequent nocturnal awakenings – the result of excessive stimulation of the nervous system.
The half-life of the drug from the human body is 24-26 hours. This means that the maximum concentration of a stimulating substance is maintained in the body throughout the day. To achieve significant results in losing weight, this feature of the drug is an advantage.
But, this feature is the cause of frequent sleep disorders. Side effects are neutralized with ketotifen. If sleep disturbances are systematic and do not stop even with concomitant evening intake of ketotifen, weight loss should be continued without clenbuterol or take a temporary break.
Clenbuterol depletes potassium
Clenbuterol for weight loss is combined with a specialized diet high in protein and potassium. The protein component is necessary to maintain muscle tissue volume, activation of ketabolism. Potassium is needed to make up for the deficiency of this element caused by Clenbuterol.
As a result of Clenbuterol stimulation of ? 2 -adrenoreceptors in the kidneys, renin production is enhanced. The consequence of this process is the leaching of potassium from the body, and its deficiency leads to a violation of the water-salt balance and other negative consequences for the body.
Symptoms of potassium deficiency:
- trouble concentrating;
- decline in intellectual ability;
- fragility of hair;
- dry skin
- muscle weakness;
- heart rhythm disturbance;
- increase in blood pressure;
- urination disorder;
- digestive system diseases;
functioning of the reproductive system.
There are several ways to prevent potassium deficiency while taking Clenbuterol for weight loss:
- The inclusion of foods rich in this substance in the diet.
- The use of mineral supplements.
- Taking medications to correct potassium deficiency.
Subject to the rules of administration and the duration of the course, potassium deficiency can be avoided by strengthening the diet with products that supply compounds of this substance to the body.
Doctors’ opinions on safety and effectiveness: Should I take it
The opinions of doctors regarding the use of clenbuterol in sports were divided. Science confirms the effectiveness of the drug as a fat burner, but warns against abuse. Doctors say that only absolutely healthy people can use the drug. It is recommended to be examined by a cardiologist and endocrinologist in order to avoid negative consequences.
Clenbuterol for weight loss is not a panacea, but only enhances the result of training and a sports diet. It is impossible to achieve significant results in burning fat without normalizing nutrition and aerobic training.
Clenbuterol Slimming Video
What you need to know about this drug: