Combination skin combines increased oiliness and dryness. Some parts of the face are characterized by increased fat production, others – by weak. This leads to inflammation and peeling. Proper care for combination skin will help to eliminate these manifestations.
- Features of combination skin type
- What procedures should be performed daily
- Combination skin treatments
- Face wash
- Toning up
- Deep cleansing
- Winter Care Features
- Features of summer care < /span>
- Differences in care for combination skin of different ages
- The principles of care for combination skin up to 25 years
- After 25 years
- After 30 years
- After 40 years
- Cosmetic and folk remedies for cleansing pores and against acne
- Means for moisturizing and nourishing
- Beautician Tips
- Video: Combination skin care
Features of combination skin type
Combination skin visually looks healthy and even.
With this type of face is divided into zones with high and low fat content:
- high fat content in the T-zone (region of the nose, chin and forehead): it has a greasy sheen and enlarged pores;
- low oily skin is observed in the cheeks, temples and eyelids, accompanied by redness and peeling.
There are cases of a different location of areas with high fat content. With age, this type of skin can turn into normal.
Mixed Type Factors:
- high amounts of testosterone affect fat production;
- incorrectly selected cosmetics provoke the activity of the glands;
- lack of proper nutrition;
- violation of the gastrointestinal tract.
This type of skin is characteristic of girls; it is rare in men.
What procedures should be performed daily
Care for combination skin requires a careful selection of cosmetics. Incorrect use of cosmetics stimulates additional fat production.
Allocate summer and winter care.
The summer version is similar to caring for the fatty type:
- gel cleansing – daily;
- scrub application – 1 time per week;
- moisturizing with a light cream or removing inflammation with a specialized gel – daily.
- cleansing with cosmetic cream or milk – daily;
- scrub application – 1 time in 2 weeks;
- skin protection with a thick cream – daily 30 minutes before leaving the house;
- moisturizing night cream – before bedtime, if necessary.
Combination skin treatments
Combined facial skin care includes daily cleansing. It is carried out in the morning and before going to bed. To do this, use a specialized foam or gel for combination or normal skin type. Additional peeling of the T-zone provides the use of a sponge or sponge.
It should be washed with cool water – hot affects the production of fat by the sebaceous glands and dries dry areas of the face. Cleansing before bedtime is preceded by removal of makeup. Do not use soap and hard water for washing. This negatively affects the general condition.
Cosmetic products for washing:
- Mulsan cosmetic Skin Care Gel. As part of hyaluronic acid, almond extract and other natural ingredients. The gel is aimed at cleansing the skin, saturating the cells with oxygen, affects the production of fat. The use of the gel leads to healthy skin and reduce rashes.
- Clearasil 3-in-1 Gel Cream acts on the T-zone and forehead. The basis is salicylic acid. Affects cleansing, reducing inflammation and exfoliating.
- Vichy Purete Thermale Gel gently cleanses the skin, does not irritate the sensitive type.
- Pure effect gel from Nivea. The gel is aimed at cleansing and warming the skin with the help of magnolia extract. Thermal exposure to the skin leads to the opening of pores and deep cleansing.
It is recommended to replace tap water with linden infusion: 2 tablespoon. color for 0,3 gallon of boiling water for an hour. Use strained infusion to cleanse the skin and give freshness.
Skin toning is performed for:
- removing microparticles that remain on the skin after the cleanser;
- tightening pores and reducing the number of blackheads;
- skin nutrition.
It is important to choose a tonic that matches your skin type. If you use a tonic for oily skin, then it will dry out dry areas. For dry – stimulates the sebaceous glands.
Skin Naturals Tonic
. Refers to the direction of “Basic care”. Daily care is provided by grape essence and vitamin B5.
- Tonic Black pearl. The composition includes aloe vera, hyaluronic acid and squeezed herbs that cleanse, nourish and matte the skin.
- To create a tonic, knead the grapes and squeeze the juice after 2 hours. 5 g of honey and salt put in 0.5 tablespoon. juice. Use tonic after 30 minutes. Apply to the face after cleansing twice a day. Store at 37,4°F for 48 hours;
- Another way is to freeze the chamomile broth. Tone your face with small ice cubes.
Exfoliation (exfoliate – exfoliate) – skin cleansing by removing dead cells, opening pores and removing dirt. After that, the skin looks healthy, smooth and smooth.
Peelings are distinguished:
Mechanical peeling is performed by scrubs, which are:
- natural – ground shells, coffee, sugar, salt;
- artificial – balls or granules made of polymers.
Scrubs massage the skin and remove particles. At the same time, blood circulation and oxygen supply to the cells are stimulated. Particle size affects skin injury: the smaller the particles, the less skin is injured.
Types of hardware peeling:
- laser – with varying degrees of purification;
These types of peeling can remove age spots and scars. But it injures the skin.
Exfoliants of chemical peeling:
Chemical peeling is the most effective and least traumatic procedure.
Apple scrub from “One hundred recipes of beauty
.” Exfoliation occurs due to ground almonds and apricot kernels.
- Cream-scrub Aloe Vera from Vitex. The Belarusian manufacturer offers a product based on almond shells and synthetic granules. Aloe vera soothes the skin during peeling.
Mineral complex Matt Touch scrub affects skin renewal.
Homemade Scrub Recipe:
- grind oat, wheat or corn flakes. Dilute them with water to a pulp state. The crushed skin of citrus fruits will reduce oily skin;
- The gentle scrub is obtained from the crumb of rye bread, sour milk and soda.
Combined skin during care must be dried in the T-zone and moisturize dry skin.
- have a light texture and matting effect;
- reduce the activity of the sebaceous glands;
- reduce the number of black dots.
- Cream Day Vitamin Cream from Mulsan Cosmetics. Chamomile and B vitamins nourish the skin and increase elasticity.
- HyaluroMat Cream from Microsponges, which are part of the composition, mattifies the skin. Hyaluronic acid moisturizes, Babassu oil cleanses the skin.
Sante Cucumber Balance Control Cream . Matts and tones the skin. Authors technology AcnacidolR has an anti-inflammatory effect, vitamins A and E nourish the skin.
For homemade cream you will need the ingredients:
- olive or grape oil – 3,38 fluid ounce;
- water – 1,69 fluid ounce;
- beeswax – 4 tablespoons;
- boric acid – 0.25 teaspoons.
Cooking homemade cream:
- Mix boric acid and water;
- In another container, mix the wax and oil and heat in a water bath;
- Slowly add boric acid;
- Pour into a bowl for storing cream and cool.
To increase moisturizing qualities, add vitamin E and glycerin while adding wax to the oil. Store the resulting cream at 37,4°F.
Deep cleansing when caring for combination skin is performed no more than once a week.
Deep Cleansing Procedures:
- The steam bath opens the pores, facilitates the removal of dirt and exfoliation. The procedure consists in steaming the face with a heated decoction of herbs (chamomile, calendula, plantain, etc.). You should tilt your head over a container with a decoction and cover it with a towel for 15 minutes. After cleansing, apply cream. This procedure is done before bedtime. It is important not to go outside after it.
- Peeling – skin cleansing with scrubs. A variant of homemade scrub: a mixture of cottage cheese and coffee grounds. Massage your face for 10 minutes.
- Masks – applied after peeling or bath. An important ingredient is clay. It absorbs grease and dirt from the skin. Home Exfoliating Mask: Apply ground avocado for 20 minutes.
- Top Face by Savonry. Absorbent ingredient – blue clay, nourishing – fig juice, oil and vitamins. After application, wounds and rashes heal. The skin is smoothed, toned and moisturized.
- Essential Mask by Aravia . The American manufacturer offers a self-regulating clay mask that cleanses the skin, reduces fat production and has a healing effect.
- Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask from Korean manufacturer offers to solve the problem of black dots using volcanic ash. The mask absorbs fat, cleanses dirt and exfoliates the skin.
Combined skin does not eat masks, but creams. This is due to the unwanted use of fatty creams. Such creams are acceptable only in winter for dry skin.
- Himalaya Herbals Nourishing Skin Cream . A non-greasy cream nourishes the skin with aloe vera.
- Nightly gentle from the Clean Line. Nourishing properties are provided by oils and squeezed plants.
- Comfort on Call Allergy Relief Cream from Jabar Citrus Extract nourishes and protects the skin from external factors.
Homemade nutritional masks:
- a mixture of mashed berry and cottage cheese;
- a mask of grated carrots, whipped egg whites, and night cream;
- mask of grated yolk, vegetable oil, apple juice, honey and cream. Apply to moisturized skin.
Winter Care Features
With lowering the temperature, a cosmetic cleanser should be replaced: gel with a cream product. The skin should be cleaned, but not overdried. A nourishing cream will provide saturation of the skin with useful trace elements and increase hydration.
This is provided by:
- hyaluronic acid.
These elements must be present in the cream.
These creams include:
- Luxury Nutrition Cream by L’Oreal. The cream adapts to the needs of the skin with shea butter and vitamin C.
- Dreamskin Capture Totale from Cream nourishes the skin and relieves redness. Saturated with stem cells and Longose extract. These components mattify the skin and reduce pores.
- Aquasource by Biotherm. Thermal plankton and mannose maintain skin hydration and enhance cellular metabolism.
In winter, tonic is not used, it is replaced with serum with antioxidants.
In combination skin care, Clinique’s 3-stage system has been shown to be effective, which includes:
- soap for cleansing – Facial Soap;
- exfoliation lotion – Clarifying Lotion;
- moisturizer – Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +.
Features of summer care <
- Daily skin cleansing does not depend on the time of year. When cleansing combination skin in summer, apply foams or gels. The use of alcohol-containing agents is unacceptable. The most acceptable option is herbal decoctions, which are recommended to be changed once a month;
- Kefir mask in 5 minutes provides the skin with beneficial microorganisms. For a greater effect, the fermented milk product is washed off with mineral water without gas;
- Masks with cosmetic clay will absorb excess fat and cleanse the skin;
- A mask of raw potatoes, protein and lemon juice helps narrow pores. After it, the skin evens out, inflammation decreases;
- Serums and light creams with a matting effect will narrow the pores and make the complexion even.
- Hydra Vital Gel by L’OCCITANE. Angelica essential oil is quickly absorbed and soothes the skin.
- Dior Hydra Life Close Up Cream. Fills the skin with moisture and reduces pores.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of funds.
Differences in care for combination skin of different ages
The principles of care for combination skin up to 25 years
Young skin up to 25 years after teenage imperfections becomes combined.
To preserve youthful skin should:
- apply cosmetics in accordance with age;
- cosmetics should match the skin type.
- do not squeeze acne;
- refuse fast food, as nutrition affects the skin condition.
- high-quality sleep is the key to a good rest of the body.
- use sunscreen.
Skin care consists of 3 stages:
- cleansing – foam, gel;
- moisturizing – do not use age-related cosmetics.
It is acceptable to use scrubs made from coffee, sugar, salt, etc. Fabric masks saturated with serum restore skin hydration and relieve inflammation.
After 25 years
After 25 years, the first wrinkles appear on the skin, dryness occurs. These manifestations are removed with the help of moisturizers and a healthy lifestyle.
After 25 years, the following are added to the basic cleansing, toning and moisturizing products:
- cream for moisturizing the skin around the eyes;
- peeling with granules, acids or home-made;
- cleansing mask;
- moisturizing mask.
After 30 years
After 30 years, the skin fades in everyone, but at a different speed.
This is affected by:
- skin care.
After 30 years:
- skin moisture is reduced;
- metabolic processes slow down;
- the stratum corneum of the skin becomes thicker, the sebaceous glands are less active;
- wrinkles occur, the elasticity of the skin decreases;
- blood circulation is disturbed;
- muscle tone decreases.
Combined facial skin care is complemented by nutrition and protection. Salon treatments will increase the effectiveness of special care.
After 40 years
Distinctive features after 40 years:
- Decrease in elasticity – depends on the low level of the hormone estrogen. To prevent negative consequences, include antioxidant serum, a moisturizer with a high degree of sun protection, and eye cream on the list of daily cosmetics.
- Blurry lip contour – UV exposure. Lip balm protects from exposure to sunlight.
- Expression wrinkles – a decrease in collagen levels. Only Botox injections, facial expressions control and facial gymnastics will help restore skin creases.
- Enlarged pores – a decrease in collagen levels. It’s time – a funnel. For alignment it is necessary to cut off the top edge. This is done with peeling and cream with retinoids.
Cosmetic and folk remedies for cleansing pores and against acne
- Topicrem Acne Emulsion. Glycerin and urea moisturize the skin and serve to prevent wrinkles. The cosmetic complex is aimed at treating acne and eliminating clogging of pores.
- Cleanance emulsion by Avene. It is quickly absorbed, often used as a base for makeup.
- Effaclar by La Roche-Posay. Contains Acids, Carnosine, and Vitamin E.
To clean the pores of combination skin, it is recommended to use gels and creams. Creams have matting properties, gels – do not leave a greasy film. Often, manufacturers call creams for oily skin an emulsion. This is done to emphasize a light texture.
Home masks are done 2 times a week:
- Vegetable – mix boiled carrots and turnips. Remove with warm milk after 20 minutes.
- Protein-lemon – apply 3-4 layers of whipped protein with lemon juice. Wash off with warm water.
- Cucumber – grated cucumber mixed with soda. Apply immediately after preparation.
- Clay – dilute blue clay with lemon and cucumber juice. Apply on skin for 20 minutes.
Means for moisturizing and nourishing
- Apilak ointment – royal jelly provides elimination of skin imperfections and moisturizing the skin. For this, the ointment is applied in a thick layer 3 times a week.
- Retinoic ointment – eliminates redness, prevents the appearance of wrinkles.
Blepharogel – as part of hyaluronic acid. Eliminates problems with the skin around the eyes. It is applied before bedtime 2 hours after castor oil.
- creamy – add oily cream 1: 1 to steamed oatmeal, soak on the face for half an hour;
- with melon pulp – add 1,69 fluid ounce of kefir to 50 g of melon pulp, wash in 15 minutes;
- compress from a decoction of chamomile and nettle. The remedy needs to be insisted 2 hours. Put a towel dipped in broth on your face.
Skin care is carried out twice a day: in the morning toning and moisturizing cream; in the evening – gel cleansing, cream nutrition. Moisturizing and cleansing mask is done once a week. Makeup should be age appropriate. A probe is a great way to try the cream before purchasing.
Herbal laxatives and diuretics are sources of skin aging. 0,1 gallon of kefir or mineral water reduce the negative effect.
The basic care rules are as follows:
- replace washing water with herbal infusions or mineral water;
- in the morning the cream is applied 30-40 minutes before leaving the house, in the evening – 1 hour before bedtime;
- hydration and nutrition only after cleansing;
- for breathing skin, the cream is applied in a very thin layer.
Caring for combination skin on the face is a process that requires certain knowledge. A clear implementation of the stages and adherence to the principles transforms the skin, makes it fresh, smooth and rejuvenated.
Video: Combination skin care
Secrets of combination skin care:
Daily care for combination skin: