If the hair began to thin or stopped growing, then, on the background of external negative factors or internal processes, the bulbs weakened. It is possible to stimulate the restoration of natural processes through the use of nicotines. Vitamin has a vasodilating effect, due to which local blood circulation is enhanced.
Niacin causes hair to grow faster and awakens bulbs that have lost activity.
- What is nicotinic acid for hair
- Nicotinic Acid Composition
- In what form is nicotinic acid released
- The effect of nicotinic acid on hair
- Ways to use nicotinic acid for hair
- In pure form
- As a part of shampoo
- With herbal broth
- In the form of a spray
- As part of a scrub
- Nicotinic acid contraindications
- Side effects
- Homemade hair recipes with nicotinic acid
- Recipe Table
- Two applications
- Video about the effects of nicotinic acid. The opinion of the trichologist
What is nicotinic acid for hair
For hair, nicotine is recommended for severe hair loss and slow hair growth.
It will also be useful in such cases:
- density reduction;
- lack of volume;
- excessive fat content;
- lack of gloss;
- dryness, brittleness and cross section;
- early gray hair;
- deterioration of hair after dyeing or curling.
Nicotinic Acid Composition
Nicotinic acid, despite the name, is in no way associated with nicotine. It is a water-soluble vitamin B3, which is also called vitamin PP and niacin. This substance is involved in almost all chemical reactions in the body, enzyme production and fat metabolism.
Nicotinic acid is produced in small quantities by the body. But with metabolic disorders, problems with blood vessels or hypovitaminosis, doctors prescribe nicotine in the form of tablets or injections to patients. For the needs of medicine, nicotinic acid is synthesized artificially.
Natural niacin is rich in such products:
- sea fish;
- Rye bread;
In what form is nicotinic acid released
Niacin is available in two forms – injection and tablets. Both drugs have a positive effect on the condition of the hair.
Nicotine for hair (as used, indicated in the instructions) is most often used in the form of a liquid vitamin, packaged in ampoules. It is convenient to apply and usd, it does not have an unpleasant smell, does not stain hair.
Sometimes the injection solution is used for its intended purpose (they are injected or used for mesotherapy), but this option for treating hair is possible only as directed and under the supervision of a doctor.
Standard glass ampoules are inexpensive – from $ 0,29. for 10 pieces, depending on the manufacturer and the retail network. But for cosmetic purposes, it is more convenient to use nicotine in soft plastic ampoules. They open easily, there is no risk of injury. But such a tool will cost more – about $ 0,95. for 10 ampoules.
As an alternative, some manufacturers of hair cosmetics have begun to produce nicotinic acid in large bottles with a convenient sharp nose for application. In addition to nicotinic acid, they contain plant extracts and other auxiliary components that contribute to the strengthening and rapid growth of hair. Price – from $ 1,36. for 2,2 fluid ounce.
For oral use, niacin is produced in tablets of a dosage of 50 mg. Price – from $ 0,5. for 50 tablets. The drug is prescribed for the treatment of vascular diseases, liver and metabolic disorders.
Also, nicotine tablets are sometimes prescribed to strengthen and accelerate hair growth. For a month you need to drink every day a tablet after meals. After a month, the course can be repeated. Take niacin inside only as directed and under the supervision of a doctor.
The effect of nicotinic acid on hair
Nicotinic acid per se does not nourish hair follicles and does not have a direct effect on follicles. The principle of its action is the expansion of blood vessels and, as a result, the acceleration of local blood circulation. Due to the increased blood flow to the scalp, the bulbs receive enhanced nutrition and are saturated with oxygen.
Here are some positive results you can achieve with nicotinic acid:
- cessation of loss;
- growth acceleration;
- restoration of density due to the awakening of “sleeping” bulbs;
- grease reduction;
- restoration of hair structure;
- elimination of dryness and brittleness;
- enhancing color intensity and preventing early gray hair.
To achieve a pronounced sustainable effect, the external use of niacin should be combined with the intake of a vitamin complex or calcium preparation. Throughout the course, you need to eat intensely, focusing on dairy and vegetable products. With increased blood flow to the scalp, the nutrition of the bulbs will increase. Hair will grow stronger and denser.
Ways to use nicotinic acid for hair
In folk cosmetology, there are several ways to use nicotinki to treat problems associated with hair loss or stunting. Niacin can act as the main or auxiliary means.
In pure form
Nicotine for hair (how to use this tool has been known since the 40s) works well in its pure form.
The procedure is as follows:
- Wash hair and dry with a towel.
- A liquid of 1-2 ampoules (no more) must be precisely distributed among the partitions. If there are bald patches, special attention should be paid to these areas.
- Rubbing movements need to massage the root zone for 1-2 minutes. You can use a massager with teeth or a mesoscooter.
- Procedures should be carried out daily for 30 days. A second course is possible only after a month’s break.
Nicotinic acid does not smell. Only some manufacturers have a mild odor that quickly disappears from the hair.
Nicotine for hair (how to use it to stimulate the growth of a woman invented independently) requires compliance with certain subtleties.
To use the tool was more comfortable and effective, you need to adhere to such tips:
- for shampooing, it is advisable to use a shampoo without silicones, otherwise a film will form on the scalp that will block the effect of the nicotine;
- if the root zone is not greasy the next day after washing, nicotinic acid can be applied without prior washing to dry hair;
- ampoules must be opened before use, otherwise the vitamin will disappear and turn into useless water;
- if the skin is prone to dryness, it is better to dilute nicotinic acid in half with wate
r or herbal decoction;
- for ease of application, you can use a syringe without a needle;
- the hair after the procedure needs to be dried naturally, since the hair dryer will destroy the vitamin, and all efforts will be in vain.
Do not expect an instant effect. The first positive changes will be noticeable only at the end of the 30-day course. At this point, new hairs should break through in place of the sleeping bulbs.
As a part of shampoo
To save time, you can add nicotine to the shampoo. This should be done right before washing your hair, when your hair is already wet, since the vitamin is quickly destroyed by contact with air. Naturally, you do not need to add vitamin directly to the bottle.
Here is the procedure:
- It is necessary to moisten hair with plenty of warm water.
- A single dose of shampoo should be displaced with the contents of one ampoule of nicotinic acid and immediately applied to wet hair.
- Leave the foam on your head for 3 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
You need to choose a shampoo with the most natural composition without sulfates and silicones. Otherwise, there will be no effect of nicotinic acid.
With herbal broth
To strengthen the roots and intensify the work of the bulbs, you can combine a liquid nicotine with a herbal decoction. Niacin promotes better penetration of beneficial substances into the cells of the scalp.
Nettle, calendula, and burdock work best with nicotines.
Here’s how to prepare herbal decoction with a nicotine:
- 1 large tablespoons of grass need to pour a gallon of boiling water.
- On low heat, bring the liquid to a boil and boil for another 10 minutes.
- Cover the finished broth and let it cool.
- The liquid must be filtered. It is also worth squeezing the remaining grass so that the essential oils get into the decoction.
- In a slightly warm liquid, add the nicotine ampoule.
The resulting vitamin-herbal decoction needs to rinse clean hair. After this, the root zone should be lightly massaged.
In the form of a spray
It is very convenient to use nicotinic acid in the form of a spray.
This is done as follows:
- In the container with a spray you need to pour some kind of base. It can be a herbal broth or mineral water without gas. For a single use, you need about a third of a glass.
- Add a vial of nicotinic acid to the vial.
- The closed container must be shaken well.
- After washing your hair, you need to spray the composition along the partings on the root zone.
- 2-3 minutes you need to massage the scalp.
As part of a scrub
One of the conditions for the rapid growth of healthy hair is regular high-quality cleansing of the scalp. For this purpose, once every 2 weeks it is recommended to use a salt scrub. Preparing the tool immediately before use.
To do this, mix the following components:
- 1 small tablespoons of small table or sea salt;
- nicotine ampoule;
- 5-10 drops of peppermint essential oil or orange.
Salt scrub is applied as follows:
- You need to wet your hair well with warm water.
- Wet fingertips should be lowered into a scrub so that particles of salt stick to the skin.
- Massaging movements should distribute the composition throughout the basal zone. This should be done carefully so as not to injure the skin.
- You need to rinse your head with warm water to remove the remaining salt, and then wash your hair with shampoo.
After such scrubbing, it is good to make nutritious masks. The skin will be as susceptible to beneficial substances as possible.
Nicotinic acid contraindications
Despite the fact that nicotinic acid is actively used in folk cosmetology, it is, first of all, a medicine. And, like any medication, this remedy has its contraindications.
Do not take nicotine tablets if you have liver problems. getting into the blood, a vitamin increases the load on this organ. Niacin can trigger an exacerbation of gastritis and gastric ulcer.
It is worth abandoning the idea of treating hair with a nicotine in such cases:
- Allergy or individual intolerance. In this case, niacin can cause itching and redness. In severe forms of allergies, irritation of the mucous membranes and difficulty in breathing are possible.
- Hypertension or hypotension. Since nicotinic acid greatly dilates blood vessels, a sharp pressure surge can occur. Also, a nicotine can trigger a severe headache.
- Rashes, infections, or skin lesions. Due to the strong flow of blood, the problem may worsen.
- Pregnancy and lactation. Niacin has good penetrating properties, and therefore can easily enter the bloodstream. This can be harmful to the baby.
Side effects of rubbing nicotines are redness and severe itching. Negative manifestations can spread to the scalp, face and neck. If a problem arose, you need to rinse your head and face with cool water and take an allergy remedy. It is better to do an allergic test before the procedure – apply a little funds on the wrist and wait for a reaction for 10 minutes.
Since nicotinic acid affects the blood vessels, after its use, the head may hurt. In this case, it is also recommended to wash the remnants of the product from the head with cool water. After this, you need to drink an analgesic and lie down until the pain passes.
Sometimes dandruff comes from a nicotine. This means that the tool is not suitable and its use must be abandoned. As a rule, the problem goes away a few days after giving up niacin. In case of any adverse reaction, experiments with nicotine should be stopped.
Homemade hair recipes with nicotinic acid
Nicotine for hair (how to use and mix with what is known from folk cosmetology) works well with natural products. Niacin increases the effectiveness of folk remedies by improving penetration.
In folk cosmetology, there are masks for every occasion. The table below shows the most popular nicotine recipes.
|Appointment||The basis||Additional ingredients||Time|
|For volume||Nicotine ampoule||
The nicotine mask should be applied to clean hair. If more than 1 day has passed since the last wash, you need to wash your hair before the procedure. For the mask to work, you need to create a “greenhouse effect”. To do this, you need to insulate your head with cling film and a towel. During the procedure, the hair can be periodically heated with a hairdryer for a minute.
There are two ways to use nicotine with masks:
- add to the total mass;
- apply to the roots separately half an hour before the mask.
Separate use takes more time, but gives a more pronounced effect. If you apply the nicotine in advance, the scalp will be more susceptible to the components of the mask, the positive effect will come much faster.
Homemade masks with niacin are used in courses of 14 treatments with an interval of 3 days. Next, support sessions are needed every 10 days. A repeated intensive course can be repeated only a month after the end of the previous one.
Specialists are distrustful of the use of nicotinic acid. The effect of niacin on the hair and scalp and hair follicles is not well understood, and therefore it cannot be unequivocally stated that the positive results are associated with the use of the drug.
Trichologists are inclined to believe that the acceleration of growth and the appearance of new hair is associated with mechanical stress (massage) when applying nicotinic acid to the hair. The placebo effect is also possible.
Nevertheless, the folk experience of using nicotines for hair is quite positive, the main thing is to soberly evaluate the possible results from the procedures. Acceleration of growth means the restoration of the natural pace to 1. 2 inch per month, and not a mythical increase to 1’2 – 1’6 inch.
Under the increase in density is meant the restoration of the amount of hair that is laid genetically, but no more. More follicles than given from birth, it will not appear nicotinic acid, nor from any other means.
Video about the effects of nicotinic acid. The opinion of the trichologist
Is nicotinic acid effective in ampoules for hair loss: