A variety of care products requires knowledge on how to choose a truly high-quality and useful product. Due to the versatility of properties, oil from calendula flowers is used as the main ingredient for home beauty recipes and salon cosmetic procedures.
- Oil Recommendations
- Chemical composition and properties of calendula oil
- Oil contraindications
- Application in cosmetology
- Aromatherapy Dosage
- Indications for hydrophilic oil
- Rules for using a hydrophilic agent
- Facial Care
- Recipes for nourishing and strengthening hair
- Nail care
- Eyelash care
- Video about calendula oil
The effect after application depends on the quality of the product. The specimen with the Latin name – Calendula officinalis will have a positive effect. The name indicates the correct composition: the main component is medicinal calendula or marigold.
Serious harm can cause a lower quality product. On the packaging of such goods is listed – Tagetes.
This means that the oil was made from African marigolds. The use of such a product will cause irritation or an allergic reaction.
Calendula oil, the properties and application of which depend on the method of its creation, can be obtained in two ways:
- Maceration. The flowers of the plant are infused with natural vegetable oil. The result is a unique product with the correct and useful composition. It can be used in pure form.
- Carbon dioxide extraction. After processing, high-quality oil is obtained. In its composition there are no impurities, additives. The nuance of this product is the alcohol base. For this reason, it is used pre-diluted.
Calendula oil obtained by maceration is considered a reference. The cost of such a tool is significantly different from others. They seek to acquire it in order to achieve the most favorable effect of the procedures without harm to health.
Chemical composition and properties of calendula oil
Quality calendula oil contains many useful and active ingredients:
- essential oil;
- organic acids;
Due to the effective elements of the composition, the product has unique properties:
- has an anti-inflammatory effect;
- eliminates bacteria;
- is an excellent antiseptic;
- heals wounds of varying severity;
- tones up;
- protects against ultraviolet rays.
Calendula oil, the properties and use of which can lead to an unforeseen response in some people, has a number of specific features.
They can serve as contraindications to the use of the drug:
- The simultaneous use of calendula and drugs that exhibit sedative properties is prohibited.
- A possible allergic reaction due to individual intolerance to the drug.
- It is not recommended to use calendula with low blood pressure.
- Cardiovascular failure is one of the reasons for refusing this product.
- Age limit. Oil cannot be used by young children.
The body of each person is individual and unique. Personal considerations should be considered before using healthy calendula oil.
Application in cosmetology
Calendula oil has a wide range of uses. One of the large-scale areas of its use is cosmetology.
There are many different ways you can use a useful product:
- Due to its ability to relieve irritation, calendula is used after shaving. It will calm sensitive skin, prevent the occurrence of discomfort, burning sensation.
- Oil will help strengthen nails, soften the cuticle. The effect of the application will increase if you add citrus essential oils.
- To give hair strength, shine, color saturation, use the drug as part of masks.
- Oil softens the scalp. It is used to eliminate dandruff, itching.
- Calendula is considered a universal remedy for any type of skin. It is useful for excessive oily skin. The tool will eliminate excess sebum, narrow the pores, making them less noticeable. Herbal preparation will give the face a healthy look, relieve inflammation and dryness. Its use will have a beneficial effect in a short time.
- Moisturizing and tonic properties allow you to add calendula to the cream for the face, hands. Due to this, enhanced softening, saturation, and recovery will occur. The dosage of the supplement should be adjusted depending on the type of skin.
- Large-scale moisturizing natural oil will give roughened heel skin. It will get rid of cracks, traces of corns.
- Eliminates the capillary network on the face, other parts of the body.
- Calendula is often added to massage oil.
Thanks to the use of natural herbal remedies in the field of cosmetology, the qualitative effect of the procedures performed is increased.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of funds.
In aromatherapy, essential oils do not lose or reduce their beneficial properties. Aromatic liquid has a beneficial effect on the human body as a whole. It is used for therapeutic purposes, for relaxation, in the fight against depression and stress. Proper use of essential oils will restore vital energy, improve physical well-being.
Ways to use the drug from calendula:
- baths for relaxation or toning;
- sachets for aromatizing the air of a room, closet, chest of drawers.
Calendula oil, the properties and application of which contribute to the onset of the positive effect of the aromatherapy procedure, requires accurate dosage. It is determined depending on the age of the person, the area of the room.
If the size of the room does not exceed 17 square foot. m, then recommend the following proportions of calendula for aroma lamp:
- For children under 2 months – 1 drop.
- Children under 2 years old – 2 drops.
- Children not older than 10 years – 2 drops.
- For adolescents, up to 15 years – 3 drops.
- Adults – 3-5 drops.
To achieve a favorable effect from the procedure, it is necessary to adhere to safety rules: do not contact candles with fire, do not mix more than 7 aromatic oils at the same time, check in advance yourse
lf and other participants for possible allergic reactions.
Indications for hydrophilic oil
The original product performs flawless cleansing: removes makeup residues, disinfects. Due to the presence of active and useful components in the composition, the product is considered universal. The plant ingredient will have a matting, tonic, moisturizing, anti-inflammatory effect.
There are many ways to use hydrophilic calendula oil:
- Makeup removal. The tool will perfectly cope even with the most resistant cosmetics. It will cleanse the face without harm, prepare it for further application of cosmetics.
- Hair cleansing. It is enough to use hydrophilic oil several times instead of shampoo. The effect of clean, styled hair will last longer. With regular use, the drug will replace the conditioner and mask. It moisturizes the hairline and scalp well enough.
- Intimate hygiene. Calendula has the ability to disinfect, get rid of bacteria, fight inflammation. The tool with calendula gently cleanses, preserving the microflora, without causing dryness, itching.
Indications for the use of such oil depend on the area of its use and needs:
- oily, combination skin type;
- enlarged pores;
- makeup cleansing;
- hydration in the shower, bath;
Calendula oil, the properties and application of which is characterized by a beneficial effect, is an indispensable component for hydrophilic oil. A remedy based on this herbal ingredient is in great demand due to its versatility and naturalness.
Rules for using a hydrophilic agent
The main purpose of hydrophilic oil with calendula is to cleanse the skin of the face.
The process takes place in several stages:
- Apply a couple drops of oil to dry skin. Rotate the fingertips to distribute the product on the entire surface.
- Pay special attention to the nose, T-zone.
- Moisten hands with warm water. Massage your face. The oil will turn into a light white foam.
- To flush the product, you need to use a large amount of water.
Calendula oil is widely used to give beauty and freshness to a face with any skin type. There are universal recipes for using a natural remedy at home.
In the fight against acne, lotion will help, where calendula is the main ingredient:
- 2 small spoons of calendula and honey diluted in 6,76 fluid ounce of water. Wipe the face with the mixture in the morning and evening;
- for oily skin, mix 3 large tablespoons of tomato juice with 1 small tablespoons of calendula;
- eliminates gum solution from several pharmaceutical preparations. In a glass container, mix 6 large tablespoons of water, 2 large tablespoons of boric alcohol, 4 large tablespoons of calendula, 2 large tablespoons of camphor alcohol. To stir thoroughly. Recommended application rate – 1 time per week.
The moisturizing property of the oil allows it to be used for dry skin types:
- In 30 g of cosmetic Vaseline add 1,35 fluid ounce of tincture of calendula. Stir, apply on face for 20 minutes.
- Mix potato starch and calendula to a jelly state. Keep on face no more than 20 minutes.
Natural calendula oil is a great way to saturate your skin with nutrients:
- Mash any grapes. Add to the pulp 1 large tablespoons of salt, 1 small tablespoons of calendula oil. It is used as a scrub and nutrient. Keep on face no more than 10 minutes.
- In a glass container, mix 1 large spoonful of calendula oil, hypericum, grape seed. Add 3 tablespoon to the mixture. l pulp of cherry, 2 tablespoon of aloe juice. Apply the mass on clean skin, leave for 20-25 minutes, rinse with cool water.
A mask with calendula oil strengthens blood vessels, improves blood circulation.
It is used in the fight against rosacea: in a puree of one raw potato, mix a crushed tablet of ascorutin. Add 20 drops of oil. After preliminary peeling, apply to skin. In 20 minutes. rinse with water.
Brown spots, freckles, and post-acne will help to permanently remove funds with calendula oil in the composition:
- In equal proportions, mix calendula with lemon or cucumber juice. Wipe freckles with lotion every day.
- 1 small spoonful of calendula, lemon juice, blackcurrant juice, almond oil to combine in a glass container. Apply the product on age spots daily. Since the lotion deteriorates quickly, it is recommended to prepare it immediately before use.
After cleansing the face, the injured skin is calmed with a compress based on calendula: Dilute calendula oil with water in a ratio of 1: 5. In solution, soak a napkin, apply to face for 20 minutes.
Recipes for nourishing and strengthening hair
Calendula oil is used to give your hair a well-groomed, healthy appearance.
Due to the ability to moisturize, tonic, products based on a natural component perform important functions:
- strengthens the hair follicle, which prevents hair loss;
- stimulate rapid hairline growth;
- give shine, smoothness.
There are many ways to use calendula oil products:
- scalp massage;
- hair masks;
- as an additive to shampoo or conditioner.
A variety of recipes are recommended for home care:
- It will make hair shiny, restore its structure to an oil composition of 6 large tablespoons of calendula, 2 small tablespoons of almond and cocoa, 3 tablespoon. l shea. Mix the ingredients thoroughly. Use a water bath for heating. Oils should be stored in a glass container in the refrigerator. Apply 2 times a week to the hair along the entire length. To achieve a better effect, put on a plastic cap on the head, wrap it in a towel for 1 hour. After the procedure, the hair is washed with shampoo.
- Eliminate the problem of split ends a set of oils of calendula, olive, burdock. Mix 1 tablespoon of each. Using a water bath, heat the composition. The mixture should not boil. Apply oil to clean hair. Wrap your head in cling film and a towel. Hold the mask for up to 30 minutes. Then wash your hair with shampoo.
Two simple components will prevent hair los
s – 1.5 tablespoon of calendula and 5 drops of lavender oil. The mixture is distributed over the roots of the hair. Keep your head warm for 30-40 minutes. Wash off the mask with shampoo.
Calendula oil is an excellent tool for rough, exfoliating, dull nails. It is used as the main method of treatment, as well as for the prevention of fungal infections.
Herbal preparation solves various problems of the nail plate:
- strengthens nails;
- softens the cuticle;
- feeds a plate surface;
- promotes intensive nail growth;
- protects against infection by fungus.
Calendula nail recipes are simple to use:
- To eliminate brittleness and delamination, apply calendula and lemon oil in a ratio of 1: 1. The mixture is rubbed into the nail, cuticle.
- From a fungus a combination of several oil products will help. 5 drops of cinnamon, 2 drops of lavender, 15 g of calendula mixed in a glass container. For the complete disappearance of the fungal manifestation, usd at least 2 times a day into and under the nail.
- Intensive nail growth promotes a cream of simple ingredients. In a small container, mix 2 large tablespoons of cream, 1,01 fluid ounce of aloe juice, 40 drops of calendula oil. Rub the mixture with the nail plate, cuticle.
A healthy nail plate, an imperceptible cuticle is one of the signs of a well-groomed girl. It is possible to achieve a similar effect at home with the help of a natural component – calendula oil.
The use of calendula oil as a part of tonics, lotions, masks will accelerate the growth of eyelashes, give them incredible volume and density.
Recipes for normalizing metabolic processes and restoring the structure can be easily repeated on their own from simple ingredients:
- Equal proportions of calendula, castor oil and chamomile oil extract contribute to effective recovery, rejuvenation. The composition is recommended to usd with massaging movements into the skin of the eyelids, apply with a brush to the eyelashes. Thanks to the use of the mixture, the area around the eyes will noticeably moisturize, wrinkles will disappear, damaged hairs will accelerate their growth.
- Compresses are an effective way to make your eyelashes thicker. In equal proportions mix almond oil, peach, calendula. Add the mixture to a decoction of chamomile or sage. Soak a gauze dressing in the solution. Apply compress to eyelids for 15 minutes.
Simple but effective calendula-based products are the foundation for home care treatments.
Calendula oil is a herbal remedy that you can create at home. Subject to the nuances and recommendations, you will get a truly natural product with useful properties and a wide range of applications.
There are several simple ways to get it. Calendula oil based on fresh raw materials is the highest quality macerate used in cosmetology.
- Fresh, clean, whole flower heads should be harvested in dry, warm weather. There should be no dew on the grass.
- To insist calendula, you need to use high-quality oil, which is subject to long storage. The most common option is apricot kernel oil or almond oil.
- In a glass container with a tight lid, mix the flowers with oil warmed up in the sun. Calendula is not tight. Between the inflorescences should be a place.
- The bottle can be left during the day on. Then put it in a dark place for 2 weeks.
- After 14 days, strain the solution and add vitamin E. This contributes to a longer storage of the mixture.
You can cook calendula oil at any time of the year. It is enough to have on hand dry flowers collected and dried during the flowering season.
- Put dry calendula in a glass dark container. Pour it with heated natural oil.
- In a water bath, heat the mixture for 1 hour.
- Insist the contents of the jar in the dark.
- After 5 days, strain the composition, remove the petals. Healthy oil is ready to use.
- It is recommended to store it in a shaded cool place.
Choosing calendula oil is a responsible task. In its manufacture a quality base is needed. Factory copies for the base can use low-grade raw materials. The use of such a tool will not bring benefits, but harm. An oil composition prepared on its own will be an excellent alternative to a pharmacy drug.
Natural calendula oil has a variety of beneficial properties. Thanks to them, its use is widespread in the fields of cosmetology, medicine, home care. The plant component has a moisturizing, tonic, bactericidal, disinfecting effect on different parts of the human body.
A universal remedy without harm is used by both adults and children. High quality oil is a popular product for beauty and health.
Video about calendula oil
How to cook such an oil at home: