A chemical compound of substances called calcium chloride is actively used not only in medicine, but also in cosmetology. In order for the procedure to give an effective result, detailed instructions for use are needed.
It can be injections, external application of compounds, peels. Before applying solutions and masks, it is worth familiarizing yourself with the features of peeling, as well as with indications and contraindications, possible negative consequences.
The composition and components of the cleaning mixture
Calcium chloride (instructions for use is attached below) for peeling is a chemically active mixture. Such masks are also called skating rinks, so they have an effective exfoliating effect. The composition of the solution may include auxiliary components, which are added depending on the type of skin and the cosmetically directed action of the solutions.
Among the components in the composition of masks and peeling mixtures with calcium chloride, the following ingredients are most often used:
- Soap with a natural composition. In the production of soap products, vegetable and animal fats with a high content of potassium and sodium salts of tricarboxylic acid are most often used. It is with these components that calcium chloride will enter into an active chemical reaction. Beauticians recommend the use of baby soap, since its composition is the most gentle, does not contain aggressive components and harmful chemical additives. It is not recommended to use gels, foam, liquid soap for the preparation of a cleaning solution. The content of lauryl or laureth sulfates in them may not give the desired chemical reaction with calcium chloride.
- Ampoule composition. For the mixture, it is recommended to use calcium chloride in ampoules with a concentration of 5% or 10%. Buy a product easily in any pharmacy without a doctor’s prescription, the cost of the drug is budgetary. For the first procedures, it is better to use a weaker concentrate, gradually increasing the intensity of exposure. If a 10% solution is used, it can be diluted with distilled water in a percentage ratio of 1: 1.
In the salon, a Hollywood peeling procedure is carried out using the following components:
- phytic acid;
- special cleaning scrub;
- means for intensive skin hydration;
- professional masks with anti-inflammatory and soothing effects.
For the preparation of a home cleansing mixture, a small bar of baby soap and concentrated ampoule solution is enough. When preparing, it should be borne in mind that the presence of perfumery fragrances, dyes, and other components in a soap solution can significantly weaken the effect of home peeling procedures, as well as provoke the development of serious allergic reactions.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
The use of this drug in the cosmetology industry is applicative. For medical purposes, it is used as a hemostatic agent, for allergies and inflammations, as well as for many other problems.
For cosmetic purposes, the solution has been used since the mid 90’s as an active ingredient for skin cleansing. In cosmetology, the technique is also called skating rink or Hollywood peeling. Such sessions can be carried out at home, the instructions for preparing peeling formulations are simple, effective and easy to apply.
In cosmetology, solutions are used to combat such problems:
- with enlarged pores requiring thorough deep cleansing;
- to update the upper skin layer, activate the regenerative processes of the epidermis;
- in the presence of hyperkeratosis;
- to regulate sebum excretion;
- with increased fat content;
- for matting and drying oily skin type;
- if necessary, remove allergic reactions, redness, rashes;
- for leveling post-acne craters in acne;
- with excessive fat content of the T-zone;
- to brighten, tone, relieve inflammation;
- as an independent chemical exfoliation session.
The essence of the cosmetic technique is a chemical reaction, which involves the active components that make up baby soap, and calcium chloride. As a result, sodium chloride, calcium salts are released, which actively act on dead particles of the epidermis.
They are collected in small flakes that are easy to roll up and then remove, thereby cleansing the skin by exfoliation. Peeling is used for deep cleansing, carried out in the salon or on your own, at home.
Beneficial effect on the skin
Calcium chloride (instructions for the use of solutions are presented below) is actively used in cosmetology.
The popularity of the method of exfoliation of the epidermis with a chemical solution is due to the following advantages:
- Peelings are used to cleanse all kinds of contaminants, as well as the delicate elimination of hyperpigmentation, freckles.
- The procedure is all-season, can be carried out both in the hot summer period and in the cold season.
- The method is especially effective in the teenage period of the formation of the hormonal background for girls and boys with the goal of treating acne and acne.
- Using the composition, you can lighten the skin, the mixture has a similar effect as tea tree extract, brightening the tone and disinfecting the skin.
- Masks and peels with calcium chloride are universal, they can be used for any skin type and at any age, but you must act strictly according to the instructions to avoid negative consequences.
- The action of the solutions is gentle, they do not contain aggressive components, but before carrying out the procedures, a test for a possible allergic reaction should be performed.
- The result is noticeable after the first procedure, and after several sessions, the skin takes on a fresh and updated look.
- Peelings help to actively combat regular rashes, removing internal inflammatory processes.
- Masks help smooth out fine wrinkles, smooth out post-acne cavities, scars, and other surface flaws of the epidermis.
- Cleaning is safe, painless, there is no painful rehabilitation period after the procedures.
Despite the active chemical composition of peeling mixtures, the effect of the solution is gentle, without injuring the integument. After several sessions, the skin returns an even healthy tone, smoothness, and the sebaceous glands are restored.
Contraindications and possible complications
Calcium chloride is a universal and safe tool, but when using an ampoule solution, you must strictly follow the instructions for use. Despite the universality of the method, a number of contraindications to peeling with calcium chloride should be taken into account. It is important to remember that deep cleansing is stressful for tissues.
Masks should not be carried out:
- with peeling;
- in the presence of fresh wounds, violations of the integrity of the cover, scratches, cuts;
- with herpetic infection in the active stage;
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- in the presence of systemic skin diseases of any etiology;
- hypersensitivity and allergies to chemical components;
- thin skin prone to dryness and irritation;
- in the case of the development of inflammatory processes, with rashes.
This type of peeling is indicated for dense, prone to oily skin.
With the combined type, it is recommended that the solution be applied only to areas with increased fat secretion, mainly in the T-zone. For thin and dry skin, this type of cleansing is contraindicated. The dosage should be strictly observed, follow the instructions for use of the mixture.
Haphazard use of peeling can adversely affect the skin and lead to such consequences:
- the development of allergies;
- increased dryness;
- the appearance of pigmentation;
- increased sensitivity of the epidermis;
- irreversible necrosis of the skin tissue.
It is important to follow the rules of Hollywood peeling. The use of a highly concentrated solution for skin with increased sensitivity can lead to the development of high degree burns.
Preparation of skin for peeling
Conducting a home peeling procedure is simple and safe. But, regardless of how the purification will take place, you should start with the preparatory stage, which includes several consecutive steps:
- To soften the stratum corneum and a more delicate cleansing process 7-10 days before the first peeling procedure, it is recommended to apply special products containing glycolic acid.
- It is necessary to conduct a thorough examination of the skin before the procedure. If scratches, cuts, inflammations and other damage are found, the deep cleaning session should be postponed to avoid deep damage or burns.
- Immediately before manipulation, it is necessary to conduct a test for possible allergic skin reactions. For this, a concentrate (5%) of calcium chloride must be applied to the inside of the elbow. With the appearance of redness, rashes, itching, cleansing manipulations are not recommended.
At the preparatory stage, it is necessary to conduct a deep cleansing using emollient foam or gel for washing. Cosmetics should be removed with cosmetic milk to prevent the epidermis from drying out before the Hollywood peeling procedure.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
Description of procedure
Calcium chloride (the instructions for use describe in detail the exfoliation process) is applied in two ways – directly to the skin or by cleansing with soap.
The first method is the easiest, peeling is carried out according to the following algorithm:
- To clear a skin of decorative cosmetics and superficial pollution (skin fat, dust).
- Carefully open the ampoule with the concentrate. The first procedure is carried out exclusively with a 5% solution, with each session, the concentration can gradually increase.
- Using a cotton pad or cosmetic sponge, apply the mixture to the skin. It is important to avoid getting on the mucous membrane, as well as highly sensitive areas.
- Apply the solution gradually, in several layers, after drying of each previous application.
- Beat soap solution in foam (use only baby soap). You can soap your hands or soap a sponge. With soapy fingers or a sponge, massage the areas, the movements are smooth, without pressure, to avoid injury. As a result, white flakes form, which easily roll off, removing a layer of dead particles, eliminating deep pollution.
After the procedure, you should thoroughly wash yourself with running water or a weak decoction of chamomile, after which you can apply a mask with a calming effect.
The second method of Hollywood peeling is by soap. This method is more gentle, therefore it is recommended for sensitive skin or the first cleansing sessions.
The algorithm is as follows:
- Beat the soap solution with a sponge or fingers until a firm foam. The less water is used, the more active will be the effect of the mixture, since water neutralizes the cleaning effect of the mixture.
- Apply a dense soap foam on the epidermis in several layers, moving along the massage lines.
- In a small container, dilute the finished ampoule composition of calcium chloride. If a 10% concentrate is used, you can dilute it a little with water to reduce the concentration.
- Use the fingertips to apply the ampoule concentrate with light driving movements. Fingers need to be moistened several times in the solution, and then massage the areas until white lumps appear.
- Continue the massage until the flakes cleanse the skin until it squeaks.
After exfoliation, wash off the rest of the mixture with water, apply a soothing mask. It is important to act gently but intensely, avoiding the sensitive areas around the eyes and lips, as well as the mucous membrane.
Effect and required number of sessions
The Hollywood peeling procedure has proven effective. It is simple, versatile, affordable and affordable, as the main active component can be bought at any pharmacy.
After several sessions, you can observe the following effect:
- the skin becomes smoother, small wrinkles are eliminated;
- the tone is leveled, it becomes lighter, traces of hyperpigmentation are eliminated;
- the skin is cleansed of excess sebum, impurities; looks fresher, healthier;
- restored tone and elasticity;
- production of sebum is normalized;
- normalization of metabolic processes and microcirculation is observed.
This procedure belongs to the category of surface cleansing procedures, peeling allows you to clean the epidermis of the stratum corneum.
For a lasting effect, it is necessary to conduct sessions with the course:
- For skin with increased release of fat, 5-6 procedures are enough with the regularity of peeling once every 2 weeks. A second course is recommended after 6 mo
- To smooth post-acne craters, scars, scars, fine wrinkles, a course of 3-4 peeling sessions is recommended. The regularity of the session is 1 session in 3 weeks.
- As preventive measures and regular cleansing, peeling is carried out 1 time in 1-1.5 months.
The number of sessions is determined on the basis of which cosmetic problem to be solved with the help of Hollywood peeling.
Subsequent Skin Care
After exfoliation of calcium chloride, post-peeling care is required.
To prolong the cosmetic effect, as well as to avoid negative consequences, it is important to follow the recommendations:
- If the procedure is carried out in the summer, before going into the open sun, it is necessary to apply a sunscreen with a factor of at least SPF.
- For 2-3 days after the session, the exclusion of physical activity is recommended, as the intense secretion of sweat helps to slow down the recovery processes of cells.
- In the first few days after exfoliation, it is worthwhile to ensure maximum hydration, for washing use emollient foams and gels without aggressive components and abrasive particles.
Peeling is recommended in the evening, preferably immediately before bedtime. Over night, the epidermis will rest, recover after intensive cleansing with a chemical solution. Bed linen should be clean and fresh, to avoid infection, bacteria entering the cleaned areas.
The active composition of calcium chloride is used in cosmetology to cleanse the skin. Instructions for use describe in detail how to properly and safely apply the mixture at home. For a more pronounced aesthetic rejuvenating effect, the procedure can be combined with mesotherapy, laser biorevitalization, as well as with other types of peels.
Video about calcium chloride
How to do a Hollywood peeling with Calcium Chloride: