Blepharoplasty is a complex plastic surgery on the skin on the face in the eyelids. Photos after surgery by day show a complete picture of the postoperative period and the effectiveness of the result after the procedure.
- The essence of blepharoplasty
- Indications and contraindications
- Rehabilitation period
- Rehabilitation after surgery by day
- Features of the first days of rehabilitation
- Features of recovery after surgery
- Natural effects of upper, lower eyelid plasty
- How to smear stitches
- How to eliminate swelling and bruising
- How to wash
- Exercises for the face after surgery
- Eye massage after blepharoplasty
- Physiotherapy after surgery
- What can not be done during the rehabilitation period after blepharoplasty
- Can I use makeup
- Doctors’ advice: is it worth it to do an operation in 50-60 years
- Video blepharoplasty
The essence of blepharoplasty
Today blepharoplasty is one of the most popular procedures in plastic surgery for women. With a competent approach to surgery, it allows you to effectively remove age and facial changes in the lower and upper eyelids.
Benefits of blepharoplasty:
- helps rejuvenate the appearance;
- give a fresh look;
- remove asymmetry;
- remove defects on the skin in the form of scars and scars.
Thanks to the procedure, the result of aging of the skin is eliminated: sagging and sagging. Photos after the operation by day show the great effectiveness of the method, especially for people aged.
Indications and contraindications
It is permissible to carry out blepharoplasty at any age.
Indications for the procedure are as follows:
- excessive folds of skin around the eyes;
- drooping corners of the eyelids;
- tired eye syndrome;
- overhanging of the eyelid over the eye;
- too narrow an incision in the eyes;
- extensive bags under the eyes.
Positive results are achieved provided that the rules of the rehabilitation period are observed 2-3 weeks after the operation.
Blepharoplasty has a number of limitations to perform:
- Acute eye diseases;
- Chronic diseases of the sebaceous glands;
- Exacerbation of conjunctivitis;
- Dry eye syndrome;
- Blood clotting;
- Heart diseases;
- Oncological diseases;
- Hepatitis “A” and “B”;
- HIV infection, AIDS.
It is strongly not recommended to perform blepharoplasty during pregnancy, during lactation and menstruation in women.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
Rehabilitation after surgery by day
On average, the rehabilitation period takes about 1-1.5 months and by day the postoperative period is as follows:
- 1 day. Accompanied by a close friend, a relative is allowed to return home. The doctor recommends immediately applying a cold compress to the eyelid to prevent swelling and relieve pain. If severe discomfort is observed, you can drink an analgesic – “Paracetamol”, “Analgin.”
- 2-3 day. It is allowed to take a shower, bath, wash your hair, but not too hot water, carefully make sure that the shampoo does not get into the eyes. It is recommended to perform gymnastics for the eyes, apply special antiseptic drops “Visin” and drops “Artificial Tear”. Never scratch or touch your eyes with your hands.
- 4-5 day. It is necessary to contact the clinic for a routine examination so that the doctor removes the stitches (if non-absorbable ones were applied). Contact lenses are allowed.
- 6 day. It is allowed to remove an antiseptic patch, remove compresses and dressings.
- 7 day. Passes swelling, cyanosis. If there are no acute pains and everything heals correctly, you are allowed to go to work, return to your usual life. You can’t physically strain, play sports, apply decorative cosmetics.
- 10 day. Traces of hemorrhages and bruising pass, it is allowed to use gentle decorative cosmetics, preferably natural, intended for sensitive skin, eyes.
- 14 day. The seams pass, almost invisible.
- 40-45 day. The rehabilitation period is coming to an end, the effect of the operation is noticeable.
Features of the first days of rehabilitation
Immediately after the operation, it is better to go home accompanied by a loved one. At first, the eyelids should be closed, with a blindfold. In the first 2 days, the gaze will be blurred, blurry, possibly double vision.
To prevent deterioration, for a better and faster recovery, you should follow some simple rules:
- Carefully monitor the cleanliness of the eyelids and eyes.
- Sleep on the roller without tilting your head.
- Less read, do not watch TV, computer.
- Do not wear contact lenses.
- Do not touch the eyelids with dirty hands.
- Do not usd or scratch the seams.
- On day 2.3, you can wash your hair, eliminate moisture in the eye area.
- Drink more, normalize the water-salt balance in the body.
- From the 2nd day it is allowed to perform special exercises for the eyes.
Features of recovery after surgery
- During the recovery period, you must continue to use antiseptic drops for the eyes, drops of “dry tear”. This will help prevent the inflammatory process, avoid excessive dryness of the eyelids and peeling. An antiseptic must be applied during the entire rehabilitation period until the sutures and wounds are completely healed;
- Until full recovery, wear sunglasses with tinted glasses. It is strictly forbidden to exercise, which can provoke high intraocular pressure;
- During recovery, it is not recommended to visit bath complexes and saunas.
Natural effects of upper, lower eyelid plasty
Uncomfortable and painful sensations in the first few days after blepharoplasty are considered completely normal. Over 10 days, puffiness, bruising and even hematomas (with sensitive skin) will be observed.
Bruising, lacrimation, and photophobia
are rare enough. With proper care, after a few days, all the symptoms go away.
Important! Unnatural, alarming symptoms are high fever, the presence of the first signs of conjunctivitis, pain in the eyes. In this case, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Blepharoplasty is a difficult operation that takes place under a local anesthetic, in connection with this, consequences may occur:
- Moderate swelling.
- High skin sensitivity.
- Bruises under the lower eyelids.
- High lacrimation or excessive dryness.
- Blurred vision.
With such manifestations, do not panic, these are natural symptoms that will disappear 1.5-2 weeks after blepharoplasty.
How to smear stitches
During the recovery period, the sutures are tightened after 10-12 days, so that they heal well, it is necessary to perform special exercises, do physiotherapy and use healing antiseptic ointments. With this approach, after 1.5-2 months, scars and scars will be invisible.
The use of specialized ointments with the effect of regeneration of the skin helps prevent unwanted complications. They contribute to improved blood circulation, recovery, remove bruises and swelling.
Recommendations of specialists:
- Doctors recommend the use of ointment “Rescuer” or “Sinyakoff.”
- Many experts recommend the use of hydrocortisone ointment.
- To prevent the appearance of scars effectively helps gel “Contractubex”.
How to eliminate swelling and bruising
After blepharoplasty in the photo rehabilitation, swelling and blueness of the face is noticeable by the day. This is not only a cosmetic problem that spoils the appearance after surgery, but also causes pain and discomfort.
Significantly reduce the swelling under the gases helps procedures such as:
- Microcurrent is a pulsed effect of a small level of current on nerve endings. This improves the movement of lymph and blood through the vessels, normalizes complexion.
- Lymphatic drainage massage enhances the elimination of toxins, toxins, enhances the metabolism of the lymphatic system.
Also to reduce puffiness will be very effective:
- Applications with decoctions of medicinal herbs.
- Raising the head during sleep.
- Strong rejection of strong alcohol and tobacco products.
- Minimize physical activity.
- Reduce unrest, stress.
If blepharoplasty was performed in patients with disorders of the circulatory system, then there is a tendency to edema. In this case, it is important to completely exclude salt from the diet, spicy foods and follow a diet during the rehabilitation period.
How to wash
When washing during recovery after blepharoplasty, you must use a soft towel and wipe your face very gently, without pressing, without touching the eyelids.
Exercises for the face after surgery
Blepharoplasty (photos after surgery by day are presented later in the article) often causes consequences. To prevent complications, you need to perform recovery exercises, which the surgeon will recommend. Special gymnastics helps to restore muscle tone, improve circulation and normalize blood circulation.
Special exercises during the rehabilitation period contribute to the greater functionality of the eyelids, they are quite simple, they can be performed independently at home.
Perform a special complex for the eyes in the evening and in the morning:
- Alternately raise and look away up, down, right, left. Repeat the exercise 7-10 times.
- Blinking for 30-40 seconds without stopping, lifting up the chin.
- To open the eyelids as wide as possible, to look as far as possible into the distance. Perform the procedure 7 times.
- Cover your eyelids with your finger and gently pull the skin of the eyelids from the temple to the sides. Repeat exercise 5 times.
- Close the eyelids, raise your eyelids with your index fingers, at the same time roll the pupils. Repeat the exercise 7-10 times.
Eye massage after blepharoplasty
Acupressure of the eyelids after blepharoplasty can be done independently at home to improve the recovery process.
In this case, you must strictly follow the recommendations:
- Lubricate abundantly with a fat moisturizing cream (preferably without additives, hypoallergenic or baby).
- Massage point whiskey.
- Next, go along the edge of the lower eyelid to the inner part of the eye area.
- Make circular accurate movements in the area of the inner corner of the eyes.
- Move forward with light recent movements from the inside of the eye to the temples.
Perform all massage movements without pressing on the skin, only clockwise, repeating massage movements 7-10 times.
Physiotherapy after surgery
Specialized physiotherapy procedures will help to recover quickly and without complications, the course should last at least 2 months. Microcurrent therapy is considered the most popular. It helps to heal wounds, eliminate bruises, normalizes and maintains a normal level of blood circulation in the area of blepharoplasty.
What can not be done during the rehabilitation period after blepharoplasty
In the process of recovery after surgery on the eyelids, it is categorically not recommended:
- To sleep with your head bowed, you need to put a high pillow, ensuring the outflow of lymph.
- Include spicy, sour, salty foods in the diet; a sparing diet is recommended.
- Drink hard and low alcohol drinks, as well as tobacco products.
- Consume soda.
- Watch TV, read press books or work on a computer. It is necessary to provide the eyes with peace.
- Do not use harsh soaps or irritating facial cosmetics.
- Choose the most delicate towel, without hard pile. Wipe your face with soaking movem
- Do not bend over, do not engage in sports and physical activity. This will prevent complications and intraocular pressure.
- Avoid contact with water in the first few days. Wash your head, throwing it back, it is better to ask for help from loved ones, relatives.
- Do not take a hot bath, shower, refuse to visit the baths, saunas.
- Refuse coffee, drink more plain water.
- Categorically you can not touch the seams with your hands, usd them.
- Avoid exposure to UV rays, protect your eyes from frost and drafts. Going out to wear sunglasses.
Can I use makeup
For 14 days you can not use makeup and any means of decorative cosmetics. This can cause an allergic reaction, the skin at this moment is very sensitive to irritants. In this case, a rash, itching will appear.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
Doctors’ advice: is it worth it to do an operation in 50-60 years
If there are no medical contraindications, blepharoplasty can be performed at any age, even at 50, 60 years. It is important to undergo an examination before the operation, which is prescribed by the doctor to make sure that there are no contraindications to the intervention.
Blepharoplasty and all photos after surgery on the days of the recovery period can easily be studied independently on the Internet. This will help to understand the possible consequences of the intervention through which to go during the rehabilitation period.
Rehabilitation after blepharoplasty: a photo of the day:
Blepharoplasty of the lower eyelids: photo before and after surgery: