Standard ideas about the female breast and its size are often erroneous. The breast of any woman is individual, and may have a special shape, size and location (examples of the mammary glands are presented in the photo).
- The main parameters of the mammary glands
- Bust size
- Breast size calculation
- Female Breast Facts: Small Breasts
- Medium chest
- Large chest
- What determines the shape of the breast
- Genetic predisposition
- Hormonal background
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Is it possible to pump up the chest
- Main forms
- Fancy breast shapes
- Types of Nipples
- Female Breast Video
The main parameters of the mammary glands
The main signs that determine the individuality of the shape of the female breast are the interval between the mammary glands and the direction of the nipples.
The gap between the breasts may vary:
- the breasts are located close to each other, or the interval between them is the minimum distance;
- the width of the hollow between the right and left breasts does not exceed 1’2 inch;
- the mammary glands are closely adjacent to each other in the upper part of the bust, but diverge in the lower part. In this case, the lower neckline forms a kind of triangle.
- the left and right breasts are placed freely relative to each other, the interval between them is from 1’6 inch.
The final shape of the mammary glands also depends on the direction of the nipples.
The following options for their location:
- the nipples are aimed directly, the areola around them is small;
- the direction of the nipples is different, they are oriented in opposite directions relative to each other;
- the nipples are facing down, this phenomenon often affects women after 45 years.
The female breast (the photo illustrates examples of their forms), along with the indicated parameters, can have a special shape, size, have its own individual characteristics: be narrow, wide or medium, located high or low on the chest.
An incorrectly selected bra is a common cause of an unsightly appearance of the breast, circulatory dysfunction or the development of dangerous forms of pathologies, for example, cancer. Before buying the upper part of underwear, you should determine its size.
The marking used to indicate the size of the mammary glands may contain:
- only a number – 1, 2, 3 and further;
- number and latin letter – 75A, 90C, 80B and other designations. In this case, the figure is the girth under the chest, indicated in inch, and the letter is the volume of the cup.
The fullness of the chest in alphanumeric designation is determined by the following table:
|The difference between the chest circumference and the back circumference in inch||Cup volume||Breast size|
|10, 11, 12||AA||0|
|13, 14, 15||B||2|
|15, 16, 17||C||3|
|18, 19, 20||D||4|
|20, 21, 22||DD||5|
|23, 24, 25||E||6|
|26, 27, 28||F||7|
Breast size calculation
To independently calculate the size of the breast, a tailor inch is required. With its help, fundamental measurements are taken, such as girth of the mammary glands and girth under the breast.
Bra increases the specified parameters, even if its style does not include corrective elements: bones, cups, foam or gel push-up fillers. Therefore, when buying a bra or sconce, the measurement of the circumference of the chest and back should be carried out without clothes or underwear.
If you buy clothes without the possibility of fitting, you should calculate the size of the breast in everyday underwear, under which clothes are purchased.
- The tailor’s inch is held in an exclusively horizontal position parallel to the chest, closely applied to its most protruding points (most often at the level of the nipples), and the circumference is measured.
- From the back, the measuring tape must pass exactly at the same height as from the mammary glands.
- The back circumference under the chest is measured in accordance with the above rules, but a inch tape is applied to the lower part of the bust – exactly at the point where the bra belt usually covers the chest and back.
Based on the results obtained, the size of the mammary glands is calculated by the formula: the value of the girth of the chest minus the value of the circumference under the breast.
For example, the bust girth is 35’4 inch, and the second main value is 75. Subtracting the larger number makes the figure 15. The final value, as well as the indicators of chest girth and back girth, allow you to determine the size of the chest according to the table in alphanumeric designation.
Female Breast Facts: Small Breasts
The following facts are known about small breasts (0 or 1):
- it is believed that small breasts are not popular with men. However, statistics prove that lovers of small breasts are also enough – 42%;
- women with a size of 0 or 1 often experience complexes of others and wish to change their breast size with the help of plastic surgery;
- small breasts are found not only in thin women, but also in slim and full women;
- common forms for small breasts – asymmetric, incomplete, round, conical;
- small breasts may have flat or hollow nipples;
- in owners of 0 or 1 size, the mammary glands are often widely planted relative to each other;
- a small breast almost never causes physical inconvenience: it is convenient to run with it, play sports, sleep on your stomach;
- choosing comfortable underwear for small breasts is not difficult, but often it seems to girls that in a particular bra their breasts look ugly;
- cup size for small breasts – A or AA;
- there is a small volume of the chest and with a wide girth of the back. In this case, its size, for example, is designated as 95A.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Breast lift without implants – all methods, methods and procedures. Efficiency, photo before and after.
Medium breasts are breasts from 2 to 3 sizes, and this size is the most common in the world.
The following facts are known about the middle chest:
- the middle chest harmoniously looks on thin, slim, curly and full women. The main parameter that determines this harmony is not weight, but the ratio of the chest, hips and waist to each other;
- the middle chest sometimes causes discomfort when performing physical exertion, but rarely has a high load on the shoulders of the back;
- breasts of 2 or 3 sizes look great in a bra with a push-up effect: corrective underwear raises the mammary glands and eliminates a possible hollow between them.
- the middle chest is most often rounded, conical, teardrop-shaped. There is also an average asymmetric or incomplete chest;
- women of medium size find it easier to pick up underwear or clothes for the rest.
Female breast (photo shows an example of a large breast) is traditionally considered large if its size is indicated by the number 4 or more.
The following interesting facts about large breasts are:
- such a breast can have a different shape – from round and full to asymmetric and teardrop-shaped;
- if the large breast is natural, then its shape and direction depend on the age of its owner. It can be elastic and toned at a young age, or it can be located at the level of the abdomen in advanced;
- most often, large breasts occur in figured or plump women. Also, the breast can acquire an impressive volume during pregnancy and during feeding;
- the hollow between the large breasts is not always absent – the voluminous mammary glands can be widely planted;
- due to genetic features, slender or thin and fragile girls can wear large and natural breasts;
- large breasts exert a corresponding load on the spine and shoulders. Therefore, women of this size sometimes suffer from impaired posture;
- it is difficult to maintain large-sized mammary glands in a toned and elastic form. During running or other physical activities, women experience discomfort or pain in the neckline;
- possessing a thin body and large breasts, women often turn to professionals for individual sewing of clothes or underwear, because the generally accepted American and Western sizes of clothes are the ratio of 3 parameters: chest circumference, waist circumference and hip circumference;
- large breasts often lose their former shape after a woman first gives birth to a baby.
What determines the shape of the breast
The shape, size, location of the mammary glands depend on the following fundamental factors.
This is the first circumstance affecting:
- the size of the mammary glands;
- breast shape and its fullness;
- breast firmness;
- the location of the breasts relative to each other;
- the height of the mammary glands;
- areola color;
- nipple direction;
- symmetry of the chest and nipples;
- areola width.
Breast can be transmitted to a girl from one relative both on the male and female lines, while the width of the hips, waist, weight or height may well come from the other.
Tightened and resilient breasts may result from regular exercise, but genetics also affect how strong Cooper ligaments (Cooper ligaments) are.
These are the connecting fibers of the mammary glands, which maintain the shape of the breast in a raised elastic state, and prevent their premature sagging. Cooper’s ligaments become weak with age, and someone due to heredity and before 35 years.
The second factor that affects breast size and breast fullness. When losing weight, girls lose inch in the girth of the chest, because the mammary glands are covered with a fat layer. Weight gain leads to an increase in this adipose tissue, and the size of the breast becomes larger.
However, an increase in the fat layer also leads to stretching and weakening of Cooper’s ligaments, which makes the breasts lose their natural shape, tone and elasticity, and also sag over the years.
Breast size is also determined by female sex homons – estrogens, therefore, with a sharp increase in estrogen in the female body, the breast increases, and with a lack it becomes smaller.
The following can affect blood estrogen levels:
- menstrual cycle;
- taking oral contraceptives;
- poor nutrition and exhausting diets;
- bad habits (use of alcohol and tobacco products);
- lack of vitamin E.
Pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, the female breast also undergoes changes. In the first months of pregnancy, the sensitive mammary glands increase, they swell, and pregnant women may experience pain in the neckline. The color of the areola can change, and Montgomery nodules appear on them – small formations that indicate an increase in sweat glands.
The breast increases in size gradually throughout the entire period of pregnancy, and reaches a peak in size during breastfeeding. On average, its weight increases 3-4 times.
An incorrectly selected bra in adolescence can provoke disturbances in the formation of the mammary glands. Also, proper lingerie corrects the shape and supports the chest, allowing you to maintain its elasticity and keep Cooper’s ligaments in a taut state.
The last factor that affects breast size in the early stages of life, and shape in the later stages. The mammary glands acquire the main size in 14-18 years.
Is it possible to pump up the chest
Photos of a large female breast on Internet sites that say that the mammary glands can be increased in size through exercise do not always confirm this fact. In fact, it is impossible to change the fullness of the chest through training.
The breast of a woman is made up of mammary glan
ds and adipose tissue, while the mammary glands are located under the bust. During exercise, the pectoral muscles increase, while the size of the chest remains the same.
Workouts and exercises can positively affect the shape of the chest, lift it and make it more elastic and attractive. They should be performed on a regular basis.
There are several forms of mammary glands.
The main ones are:
- Asymmetric. The mammary glands of women can vary in size. Most often this is not a pathology. Asymmetric breasts can be expressed in varying degrees: in some women, the difference between the mammary glands is completely invisible and can be corrected with special underwear, while others experience large complexes, because the difference in their mammary glands is 50% or more. Breast asymmetry can only be corrected with plastic surgery.
- Round. This breast shape has the shape of a ball. It comes in many sizes. Round mammary glands are most often located at a small gap relative to each other and are absolutely asymmetric.
- Cone-shaped / triangular. Such a breast is not set close, because its upper part is always narrower than the lower. Rarely there is a cone-shaped breast, the nipples of which are directed directly. The size of the triangular chest varies from 0 to 5 or more.
- Teardrop-shaped. Externally, the drop-shaped mammary glands are similar to the above form – the upper part of the breast is already lower, and the direction of the nipples is different. However, the lower part does not expand sharply, but more evenly, and has not an angular, but a soft and oval shape.
- Far planted. The interval located between the breasts is 1’6 inch or more. The size of such a breast is most often 0, 1 and 2. The nipples can be directed either directly or different sides of each other.
- Small. Breast, the size of which is 0 or 1. Small breasts often have a taut shape, because adipose tissue in the composition of these mammary glands is absent.
- Heavy. It has a size of 4 and above. The most common forms of heavy breasts are round, oval, drop-shaped. Nipples can be both small and convex, and wide and flat.
Fancy breast shapes
Female breasts (photo shows its various forms) may be of unusual shape.
The following are referred to it:
- Chest with a low projection. On the circumference, such a breast can correspond to a certain size, however, when trying on a bra, its volume is not enough to completely fill the cup. Choosing a smaller size of underwear does not solve the problem, because the circumference of the bones in this case also becomes smaller and cannot position the chest.
- Incomplete breasts. Such a breast does not have enough volume, because its base is less than necessary. The shape of such a chest is elongated, oval or conical. Under this form, it is difficult to choose underwear, because the chest does not fill the bra cups.
Types of Nipples
Female breast (photo shows the types of nipples), regardless of shape and size, may have the following types of nipples:
- standard – the nipple is always raised above the areola without the use of stimulation;
- convex – a nipple with a raised areola, from the side it may seem swollen;
- retracted – the nipple is not located above, but under the rim, can rise during stimulation;
- flat – in appearance such a nipple is absent, because it does not rise above the areola;
- asymmetric – nipples of various shapes, for example, one standard or convex, and the second retracted or flat.
The body of each woman is unique, which is why the breasts and nipples of any owner will differ in a special shape, location, direction and size. Photos of Hollywood stars confirm that the volume of the bust does not affect the success of a woman and is not the main component of her charisma.
Female Breast Video
The main types of female breasts: