Whitening the face while at home is a cosmetology procedure that can actually be performed independently without the help of a specialist. You just need to choose the right type of skin care product, as well as observe all procedural points.
When to whiten your face
Facial whitening directly at home is the care of the most delicate areas of your skin, as well as maintaining its youth and freshness. In addition, there are direct cosmetological indications for the use of this method of cleaning the epithelium.
It is recommended to apply the facial whitening procedure in the presence of the following problems with the skin surface:
- dark spots;
- uneven tan, which is characterized by darkening of certain areas of the face;
- age-related skin changes that lead to its natural tarnishing;
- epithelial pigmentation caused by hormonal imbalances in the body (often found in pregnant women, as well as young mothers);
- metabolic disorders in the body, which entail a deterioration in the color of the face;
- hyperpigmentation caused by prolonged exposure to the sun, or the result of exposure to other negative environmental factors;
- freckles appearing in the cheeks and nose triangle with the first rays of the sun.
The above list of indications is not exhaustive. Face whitening products can also be used in the presence of other problems with the skin.
Whitening the face at home is a completely safe procedure, but even it has a number of contraindications.
It is strictly forbidden to use clarifying creams, masks, serums, as well as traditional medicine in the presence of the following pathologies:
- open wound surfaces of the face, trophic ulcers;
- tumor neoplasms of the skin;
- the tendency of the body to manifest an allergic reaction to cosmetics of this type;
- moles are located in the epithelial treatment area, which by their nature of origin have a tendency to degenerate into a malignant cancerous tumor;
- acne in an acute or chronic form of the course;
- all kinds of inflammatory processes.
Face whitening at home is not carried out in the summer, when hot and sunny days prevail. The limitation is due to the fact that bleached skin becomes too vulnerable to the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation. This procedure is indicated for execution in late August, early September, in the winter, autumn and spring season.
Face whitening methods
The modern cosmetology industry offers a wide range of tools that allow you to quickly brighten epithelial tissues, get rid of freckles, hyperpigmentation, senile changes in the dermis, as well as darkening of the skin due to the presence of concomitant diseases of internal organs (hormonal imbalance, thyroid pathology, gastrointestinal liver).
The following are the most effective and popular products for whitening facial skin at home.
Face whitening at home can be done independently with the help of masks, which are sold in pharmacies and cosmetics stores.
The following are the most effective and affordable means of whitening the skin:
- Perfect whitening – a mask of Belarusian production, the cost of which is $ 2,45. for a tube with a capacity of 1,69 fluid ounce, applied 1 time per week for 15 minutes, after which it is washed off with warm water and soap, the course of therapy is 2-3 months;
- Innisfree Capsule Recipe Pack Rice – a night mask for lightening the face, which is applied to the skin with an even layer immediately before going to bed, does not require rinsing with water, and to achieve the desired effect, 8 procedures must be performed at intervals of 5 days (manufacturer South Korea, and the cost of cosmetics $ 7,48 per jar);
- SSSmile is a whitening mask that is created on the basis of Chinese medicine recipes from the fungus Cordyceps sinensis, which grows in the mountainous part of China at an altitude of 2 mile (applied to the skin surface of the face 1 time per week for 20 minutes, the general course is 10 procedures, and the cost of a cosmetic product is $ 10,2);
- Seaweed – contains in its composition an extract of blue-green algae, whitens the epithelium and saturates it with useful minerals, vitamins (applied in the daytime 1 time per week for 3 months, and the price of a 1,69 fluid ounce jar is $ 11,97);
- The whitening composition is a mask based on vegetable oils obtained from peach, lemon, jojoba, grapefruit, is used as a standalone cosmetic product or as a nutritional supplement (essential oil spreads evenly over the entire surface of the face for 15 minutes with an interval of application 1 time in 6 days for 2 months, and the price of cosmetics is $ 2,31).
The mask for clarifying the epithelial layer can be chosen independently, based on the individual characteristics of your skin, or you can take the advice of an experienced cosmetologist.
Facial whitening at home is possible not only with the help of cosmetic masks, but also by using peeling.
To do this, it is recommended to use the following types of cosmetics that provide gentle clarification of the epithelium and removal of dead cells:
- Glycolic peeling 20% – provides cleaning of the skin from the keratinous layer of the skin, evens out the general color shade of the epithelium, and also removes facial wrinkles (applied with a brush to problem areas of the skin, or on the entire surface of the face, and after 7 minutes it is washed off with warm water, the cost of a cosmetic product is $ 15 per 0,34 fluid ounce bottle, used once every 2 weeks);
- Jessner peeling is a universal bleaching agent that is effective against age-related age spots, freckles, uneven tanning, is applied to the face surface with 0 – 0,1 fluid ounce of liquid, and after 5 minutes. washed off with warm water (it is necessary to perform 4-6 procedures with an interval of 8 days, the cost of this cosmetics is $ 20);
- Enzymatic peeling is a powdery product that must be added to a small enameled container in compliance with the ratio of 5 g of powder per 1 small tablespoons of water, mix thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is formed, and then apply to the face after 10 minutes. rinse with warm water (the course of use is unlimited time, the frequency of use of this peeling should not exceed 1-2 times a week, and the cost of a cosmetic product is $ 6,53);
- Salicylic-resorcinol peeling – is applied to the skin in the amount of 0 – 0,1 fluid ounce with a brush, is not washed off, and after 7 minutes. covered with a protective layer of cream with SPF effect (to obtain the desired result of clarification of the epithelium, it is necessary to carry out 6-8 cosmetic procedures with an interval of 10-14 days, the price of this product is $ 4,76);
Retinol peeling – you need to take a brush and apply at least 0 – 0,1 fluid ounce of cosmetic product to the skin of the face, wait 5 minutes. until the chemical bleaching reaction occurs, and then treat the epithelium with SPF cream (for 2 months it is recommended to apply at least 6 layers of peeling without washing it off, and the cost of the prod
uct is $ 10,88).
Regular use of peeling allows you to achieve not only a long-term whitening effect, but also to ensure the prevention of inflammatory processes, the occurrence of acne. In this case, it is very important to follow the rules of the instructions for the use of cosmetic products, to prevent too frequent use of clarifying liquid.
Cosmetics of this category can be used in combination with lotions and peeling. Also used as an independent element of whitening cosmetics.
The following are the most effective creams to eliminate hyperpigmentation, freckles, age-related changes in the color tone of the skin:
- Snow White is a brand of Belarusian cosmetics, a night cream that is applied to a cleaned epithelial surface daily and immediately before bedtime for 10 days (the cost of the product is $ 1,77 per tube with a capacity of 1,69 fluid ounce);
- Achroactive Max – the product was created by Bulgarian cosmetologists, it is especially effective against age spots caused by ultraviolet radiation, applied 2 times a day in the morning and evening for 30 days, the first cosmetic effect is observed after 10 days (the cost of a cosmetic product is $ 1,5);
- Biotrade Melabel – applied every morning on cleansed skin for 4 weeks, provides not only gentle whitening of the epithelium, but also prevents the formation of new hyperpigmentation in sunny summer, the cosmetics manufacturer is France (the cost of this product is $ 17);
- Even Brighter – this tool provides not only skin whitening, but also eliminates the prerequisites for the formation of age spots, since the resorcinol substance, which is part of the cream, slows down the production of melanin by epithelial cells, is applied daily in the morning for 20 days (the cost of the cream is $ 17 for a jar of 1,69 fluid ounce);
- Nano Gold – contains microscopic particles of gold that protect the epithelium from the negative effects of ultraviolet radiation and have a whitening effect, applied once a day in the morning to pre-cleansed skin for 25 days (the cost of a 1,69 fluid ounce jar is $ 38, manufacturer cream – Germany).
Unlike other cosmetics, the use of whitening creams requires daily treatment of the face. There are budget options described in the list above, and more expensive means.
The cosmetology industry offers a wide selection of gels that cleanse the epithelial surface of the face from traces of pigmentation and age-related darkening of the skin.
It is recommended to use the following types of cosmetics in this group:
- Hirudo Derm – contains in its composition nutrients obtained from the body of a medical leech, manufacturer Ukraine (you need to apply a small amount of gel on the surface of the palms, and then massage it into problem areas of the epithelium with massaging movements, the cost of a tube of 3,38 fluid ounce is $ 1,63);
- Nutra Effekts is an excellent tool for cleaning the skin of the face and eliminating hyperpigmentation, before applying the gel, you need to wash and then treat the moist skin with cosmetics (applied daily in the morning for 30 days, and the cost of the product is $ 1,77);
- Cucumber and lime – fruit and vegetable acids are included in the gel for lightening the skin, applied to the epithelium 3 times a week on pre-cleaned and moisturized skin, it is recommended to perform at least 10 procedures (the price of a tube with a capacity of 3,38 fluid ounce is $ 3,26);
- Clean skin – a gel for cleaning hyperpigmented epidermis made in Sweden, contains bicarbonate sulfate and glycerin, is applied daily in the morning for 25 days (the cost of a cosmetic product is $ 3,67);
- Hyaluronic gel with arbutin is an effective whitening product, which is made in Japan, applied once a day in the morning on cleansed skin, the duration of application is 15-20 days (the cost of 1 jar is $ 37).
Gels for lightening hyperpigmented facial skin are similar in specificity to creams. A distinctive feature is the chemical composition of cosmetics, as well as their consistency. Creams are more suitable for people with dry skin types, as they provide additional moisture. Gels do not possess such properties.
Serums for whitening the skin surface of the face are classified as gentle and gentle cosmetics. Great for women with sensitive skin.
It is recommended to use the following tools in this group:
- Depigmentation Serum is a bleaching serum that relieves the epithelium from age spots of all kinds, is applied to the entire area of the face 2 times a day – in the morning and evening for 1 month. (the cost of 1 bottle with a capacity of 3,38 fluid ounce is $ 26.);
- Serum with salicylic acid – the whitening effect is achieved due to a weakly concentrated acid solution that removes the keratinized layer of the epithelium, ensuring its natural renewal, is applied 1 time per day for 7 days, then a break of 5 days is made and the course of procedures is repeated again (the price of a cosmetic product is $ 10,2.);
- Skinniks – a serum that brightens the epidermis, which has a double effect, removes age spots, gives a lighter shade to the epithelium, and smoothes expression lines, is indicated for use by women aged 45 years (applied to the surface of the face and neck 1 time per day for 1 month ., and the cost of this product is $ 37.);
- Whitening Serum – serum produced in France, which has the effect of whitening, rejuvenating and moisturizing the skin, the recommended age limit for use is 30 years and older, is applied daily 1 time per day for 25-30 days (the price of a cosmetic product is $ 38 per bottle capacity 0,68 fluid ounce);
- Blanc Divin Brightening – serum from the world-famous French brand Givenchy, applied once a day for 20 days, allows you to achieve a light complexion, which has porcelain tint, removes facial wrinkles, stimulates cell division of the epithelium, which provides quick rejuvenation of the dermis (cost 1 bottle is $ 53.).
Most brightening serums contain naturally occurring fruit or chemical acids. Therefore, during their use, it is necessary to ensure that the cosmetic product does not accidentally fall on the surface of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity or in the eyes.
To get rid of hyperpigmentation, gently lighten too dark or tanned skin, you can use special lotions.
It is recommended to use the following tools in this category:
Snow White – contains in its composition such active substances as Methylisothiozolin, Citronelloll, Geraniol, applied to the skin daily with a cotton swab (you need to wipe the epithelium in the evening before bedtime for 10 da
ys, and the cost of the cosmetic is $ 1,5 per 4,9 fluid ounce bottle);
- Swhite is a brightening lotion with a universal spectrum of action, made in France, which provides gentle removal of age spots, sunburn, and for its use it is necessary to apply a small amount of liquid to a cotton swab and process epithelial tissues, avoiding areas around the eyes (applied once every 2 days on for 1 month., and the cost of cosmetic products $ 49.);
- Time Revolution is a face whitening lotion, which is indicated for use by women age 35 and older, removes all types of age spots, is applied 3 times a week before bedtime on pre-cleansed skin (the recommended course of use is 25 days, and the cost of the bottle is capacity 4,4 fluid ounce is $ 16.);
- Bio Phito – a natural remedy for whitening the epithelial surface of the face, which contains fruit acids, essential oils of medicinal herbs, is produced by the Israeli brand Cristina, is considered a local product that is applied once a week only to problem areas of the epidermis (duration of use – 2 months., and the cost of the funds is $ 33.);
- Rebalancing lotion – due to the complex of acids it provides deep penetration into the stratum corneum of the skin surface, removes dead cells, acts as a prophylactic against inflammatory processes (applied once every 3 days to the epithelium with an even layer, after 10 minutes it is washed off with warm water and soap, 8 similar procedures are recommended, and the cost of cosmetics is $ 15.).
The use of clarifying lotions, as well as other cosmetic products, requires the consumer to comply with the rules described in the instructions for the product. Before starting the course of bleaching the epithelium with lotions, it is recommended to consult a dermatologist.
Alternative medicine has its own products that whiten the skin without the use of chemical components. The table below presents folk recipes for lightening the face, which are based on the use of natural ingredients.
|Component parts||The method of preparation of the product and the procedure for its use|
|Cucumber and Salt||You need to choose a not very hot summer day or the first days of autumn, take 1-2 medium-sized cucumbers, and then chop them to a state of gruel. In the resulting mass, add 1 small tablespoons of salt and mix thoroughly. Cucumber mixture is applied to the surface of the face 1 time per week for 1 month.|
|A mixture of honey and tomato juice||It will take 2 large tablespoons of liquid honey collected from herbs, add 1 small tablespoons of natural tomato juice obtained from fresh tomatoes. All components are mixed until a homogeneous cream is obtained. Homemade skin whitening product is applied evenly on the entire surface of the face. The course of cosmetology therapy is 2 months, and the intensity of the procedures is 1 time in 5 days.|
|Parsley, plantain, dandelion||To use this recipe for whitening the skin surface, you will need to take 10 g of fresh plants. All of them are passed through a meat grinder so that the maximum chopping of branches and leaves occurs. The resulting slurry is used as a natural face mask. Cosmetology procedure is performed 1 time in 7 days. Processing of the skin is carried out for 2 months.|
|Sour cream||You should take 50 g of sour cream made from natural cow’s milk, and then treat this skin with the product. Sour cream is applied in an even layer 1 time in 3 days for 1 month. The cosmetological effect is observed visually after 5 procedures.|
|Blue clay||The main component of this folk cosmetic product must be purchased at a pharmacy, as in nature blue clay is not found in all of USA. The cost of 1 pack is not more than $ 0,75, and it is sold in pharmacies. You will need to take 1 large tablespoons of the product, add the same amount of boiled water to it, mix thoroughly, and apply the resulting mixture in an even layer on the skin. A cosmetic procedure is performed no more than 1 time in 7 days for 2 months.|
The duration of the above cosmetic masks on the face should be 10-15 minutes.
If the slightest signs of an allergic reaction occur, such as the appearance of a red rash, spots, itching, swelling, and other irritation symptoms, it is necessary to immediately stop the clarification of the epithelium and consult an allergist or dermatologist for advice.
Whitening face at home requires compliance with the rules and instructions for the use of cosmetic products in this category.
Otherwise, this entails a risk of negative consequences and complications, namely:
- the manifestation of various kinds of allergic reactions;
- removal of the upper protective layer of the dermis, as a result of which the skin will become too white, young and immature epithelial cells will be exposed to ultraviolet radiation;
- the occurrence of chemical burns to the face;
- acquisition of excessive dryness by the epithelium;
- the formation of small cracks and sores;
- inflammatory processes and swelling of the epithelial surface with the possible spread of the pathological process to the mucous membrane of the nasal canals, oral cavity, eyes.
All of the above consequences of improper whitening of the face, carried out at home, are reversible. Despite this, in order to restore the normal functioning of the skin, it will be necessary to use anti-inflammatory drugs and observe strict restrictions regarding the use of cosmetics of all kinds.
Useful videos about face whitening products and their effectiveness
How to whiten your face at home:
Whitening Korean cosmetics: