People with oily hair, trying to cope with the problem on their own at home, begin to wash them daily. Trichologists say that this cannot be done. In each case, it is necessary to approach the solution of the problem individually – use medical shampoos, rinses, home masks.
- How to deal with oily hair at home – the advice of a trichologist
- What if fatty roots only
- How often to wash your hair
- How to wash oily hair
- Recommended nutrition if hair is oily
- What vitamins to take
- What shampoo to use for oily hair
- How to treat seborrheic dermatitis
- Pharmacy products for oily hair
- Mask recipes
- Recipe 1 – Mustard and Kefir
- Recipe 2 – Protein and Burdock Oil
- Recipe 3 – Cognac and Honey
- Recipe 4 – Coffee
- Recipe 5 – Potato and Kefir
- Recipe 6 – Bread
- Homemade scrubs for oily hair
- Herbal rinses for rinsing
- Essential Oils for Oily Hair
- Rubbing Compounds
- How to use flour for oily hair if there is no time to wash
- Video on how to deal with the problem of oily hair at home: what to do, recipes for effective masks
How to deal with oily hair at home – the advice of a trichologist
Experts recommend remembering the rules, thanks to which you can cope with the problem of fast hair contamination:
- You should wash your hair under hot water, so as not to provoke the skin to release sebaceous secretions. Rinse the shampoo with cool water so that the pores that open during washing close.
- Hair should be combed less often, since this process acts on the skin like a massage and leads to increased activity of the same sebaceous glands.
- Long-term wearing of a towel on the head after washing negatively affects the hair, so it makes sense to wipe the hair and immediately put the towel back in place.
- Hats limit the flow of air, if possible they should be worn less often, otherwise the hair will quickly become dirty.
What if fatty roots only
A few tips to deal with the problem:
- Well-groomed roots indicate that the hair is dehydrated. In such a situation, you need to resort to the use of moisturizing shampoos and balms to give a healthy look to your hair, and also make moisturizing masks once a week;
- It should be combed evenly, conducting a comb from the roots to the ends. As a result, excess fat will stretch along the entire length and will not be so noticeable. Attention should be paid to the time of combing – at least 10 minutes, otherwise you can’t achieve a positive result. Thanks to these easy rules, hair can be washed much less frequently;
- The problem of sebaceous roots may appear from drying with hot air. Because of this, even more subcutaneous fat is secreted, which is impossible not to notice after a while. People with oily hair at the roots need to abandon the hair dryer, or use a cool regimen that has less effect on the scalp;
- So that the roots do not seem greasy, you can use tools with an alcohol composition. Tonics and facial mousses are suitable – they should be applied to a cotton pad and rubbed on their head, and then combed, distributing the liquid over all hair.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
How often to wash your hair
In order not to wash off the protective film from the hair, it is best to wash them no more than once every 3 days. To prevent hair contamination quickly, you need to use detergents designed for oily hair.
How to wash oily hair
If the hair is oily, they need special care. You can do this at home, the main thing is not to harm.
- To make the hair look attractive, before washing, you need to usd in the head means for degreasing: aloe, carrot juice or yogurt.
- It is important to choose the shampoo that is designed for oily hair. Other detergents will not work: the sebaceous glands will open and work actively.
- You should wash your hair twice, constantly foaming shampoo with water. For greater effectiveness, you can use water below room temperature, since heat increases the secretion of fat by the scalp.
- For more gentle washing, it is recommended to use distilled water, but if this is not possible, it is enough to rinse your hair with it.
- When the hair is very oily, it is best to pour the shampoo on the roots so as not to dry the ends.
- You can not massage the skin with your hands strongly, you need to smoothly distribute the shampoo over all hair, and then thoroughly rinse off the detergent so that it does not remain at all.
Recommended nutrition if hair is oily
- In order to normalize oiliness, it is important to pay attention to the use of a sufficient amount of vitamins;
- You must follow a diet that limits the intake of fatty and fried foods. Also, you can’t eat salty and spicy food, a lot of sweet or spicy;
- Alcohol should be discarded; its use negatively affects the condition of the hair;
- It is useful to include dairy products, eggs, cereals, vegetables and fruits in the diet – they contain vitamins for hair. Chicken and low-fat fish also do no harm, so you can eat as much as you like.
What vitamins to take
It is recommended to start taking vitamins B and C. Iron and sulfur are also useful, but in small quantities.
What shampoo to use for oily hair
The range of oily hair care products is extensive, the main thing is to choose an effective one:
- Beauty Image. When choosing from a premium segment, Spanish Beauty Image shampoo should be preferred. It nourishes hair and fights frequent pollution;
- Natural Tech Rebalancing System from Italy deeply cleanses without activating the sebaceous glands. The composition of this tool contains azeloglycine, which is used by professional cosmetologists. This substance reduces the secretion of oily secretions;
- American Natura Siberica “Volume and Balance” is designed for oily hair. The effect of it remains for a long time. It foams well, so it lasts a long time;
- The composition Shauma 7 herbs included extracts of camomile, rosemary and hops. Due to its naturalness, hair is restored. The tool improves the condition of oily hair.
In addition to liquid shampoos, there are dry and solid ones that have established themselves as effective and reliable products.
- Syoss Anti-Grease looks like a spray. It contains vitamins necessary for hair, thanks to which the hairstyle will look not only fresh, but also healthy. Frequent use is not recommended, since not entirely useful chemical components are present in it;
Lush Jumping Juniper looks like soap. The Juniper Series is designed for oily hair. Due to the composition of this product, the hair becomes smoot
h and soft. The problem of fast hair pollution disappears, they acquire a healthy appearance.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
How to treat seborrheic dermatitis
Seborrhea is a disease that most often appears on the scalp. It takes on a brilliant appearance, and sometimes flakes heavily. One of the causes of the disease is hormonal failure in the body. Also, deterioration can occur due to digestive or nervous system problems.
Seborrheic dermatitis is characterized by increased work of the sebaceous glands. Due to this disease, the hair is constantly oily and dirty.
The condition worsens when a person is nervous or experiencing physical activity.
It may take a lot of time for treatment, so you need to tune in to this process both psychologically and physically.
Doctors recommend paying attention to hair and scalp care, as well as starting a diet, taking vitamins A, D, E, K, group B (1, 2, 6) and ascorbic acid. In addition to vitamins, it makes sense to start doing cryomassage with liquid nitrogen. Thanks to him, the intensity of the sebaceous glands decreases, and the skin becomes less irritated.
A cosmetologist can advise special shampoos and balms. They do not contain dyes or harmful substances, as they are designed for problem skin. Gastroenterologists prescribe diets that help strengthen the liver and intestines. When there is a problem in the nervous system, the neurologist prescribes sedatives.
Before self-mediating seborrheic dermatitis, it is important to contact a trichologist and find out the cause of the disease, otherwise there is a risk of remaining with the disease after trying to treat it.
Pharmacy products for oily hair
Oily hair (experienced pharmacists will tell you what to do at home) is successfully put in order with the help of pharmacy products.
- To sebaceous glands to reduce their activity, you can use sulfur-salicylic ointment.
- Selenium sulfide is used in shampoos and Sulsen Mite.
- Zinc pyrithione is available in the form of an aerosol, cream or shampoo. It can be found under the name of Skin-Cap.
For greater effectiveness, the use of drugs should be combined with healthy lifestyle and healthy eating. All of the above products contain vitamins A, B, E and zinc, which are useful for the general condition of the hair.
To get rid of oily hair at home, make masks. They will not only help overcome the tendency to salting, but also strengthen the hair roots.
Hair cleanses from fat and becomes softer. They can be used every 5 days.
Recipe 1 – Mustard and Kefir
Masks with mustard have a drying effect.
Mustard and kefir mask:
- kefir – 2 tablespoon .;
- mustard – 1 tablespoon;
- honey – 1 teaspoons
The ingredients are mixed, the consistency is applied to the hair and wait 40 minutes. Wash off the mask with shampoo.
Recipe 2 – Protein and Burdock Oil
Chicken egg masks reduce the intensity of the sebaceous glands and add volume to the hair.
Mask of egg white and burdock oil:
- egg white – 2 pcs.;
- burdock oil – 1 tablespoon;
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoons
The components are combined in a homogeneous mixture and applied to the entire length of the hair, starting from the roots. Wash off with shampoo.
Recipe 3 – Cognac and Honey
Masks with brandy can reduce the release of subcutaneous fat, thanks to the tannin.
Mask of cognac and honey:
- cognac – 1 tablespoon;
- honey – 1 teaspoons;
- egg yolk – 1 pc.
The ingredients are mixed and applied to the hair. Cover the hair with a towel or cling film for 40 minutes, and then wash off the mask with shampoo.
Recipe 4 – Coffee
Coffee masks effectively remove fat and dead skin cells.
- coffee – 1 teaspoons
Brew strong coffee, or take the thicker left after morning breakfast, apply the mixture to the roots of dry hair and hold it for half an hour, covering it with a towel. Wash off the mask with water.
Recipe 5 – Potato and Kefir
A mask based on potatoes eliminates excess fat and strengthens hair.
Mask of potatoes and kefir:
- potatoes – 2-3 pcs.;
- kefir – 0.5 tablespoon.
Raw potatoes should be grated and squeezed. Kefir is heated in the microwave. Potatoes and kefir are mixed into a single mixture and applied to the roots. After 1-2 hours, wash off the mask with shampoo.
Recipe 6 – Bread
A bread mask dries and cleanses the skin, so it is well suited for oily hair. It is recommended to use the mask at least 1 time in 7 days.
Mask of bread:
- bread – 4 pieces;
Bread should be poured with hot water for 2 hours or at night. The resulting mixture should be squeezed through cheesecloth and usd into the hair roots. After 40 minutes, wash off the composition with warm water.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Homemade scrubs for oily hair
Using hair scrubs, you can eliminate dandruff, get rid of impurities, allow the scalp to breathe, cleanse the surface of the skin from dead cells and improve blood circulation.
To combat oily hair, a mixture of inexpensive components is great:
- ground bones from fruits or berries.
Before making a home scrub, you need to pay attention to the fact that sugar, salt and soda dissolve in water, so they can be washed off easily. Coffee and bones are best used on short and dark hair, so that later there will be no problems with combing them.
- Based on sugar or salt. Sugar / salt – 2-3 tablespoon., Water – 1 tablespoon. The ingredients are mixed and the resulting mixture is applied to the roots, while doing self-massage. Then rinse with shampoo;
- With the addition of oil . Sugar / salt – 2-3 tablespoon., Any oil – 1 tablespoon. Mix the components and usd the gruel into the scalp. Thanks to the oil, the skin will not be injured. Wash the mixture with shampoo;
- With the addition of oil and shampoo. Sugar / salt – 2-3 tablespoons, any oil – 1 tablespoon, shampoo for care – 1 tablespoon The resulting mixture is rubbed into the roots, massaging a little. Wash off the ingredients, check the hair for cleanliness by running a hand over it. If there is oil left, then you need to use shampoo again;
- Cosmetic clay scrub. Dry clay powder – 1 tablespoon, sugar / salt – 3 tablespoons, water – 3 tablespoons
Dry substances are diluted with water and distributed over wet roots with massaging movements. The mixture should be kept on your hair for 5-10 minutes, and then rinse with shampoo. Each of the scrubs dries the skin, so you should not apply them more often than 1 time in 7 days. After using the mixture, there will be a noticeable improvement in the quality of the hair.
Herbal rinses for rinsing
In the fight against oily hair, herbal decoctions help, which can easily be done at home.
To prepare the infusion, you need to buy at the pharmacy the necessary ingredients to choose from:
- oak bark or yarrow.
Liquid is most often used on clean hair. It eliminates the oily hair and skin, improves the structure of the hair and their appearance, helps fight hair loss, strengthening hair follicles.
Recipes of herbal decoctions:
- If you mix 1 tablespoon. sage and as many chamomile flowers, you get a good lotion that does not need to be washed off. To cook it, you need to pour herbs 2 tablespoon. boiling water, brew and filter. Then the liquid is applied to the hair roots and evenly distributed over the entire length.
- To create an infusion that helps with oily hair, you need to take a collection of any of the above herbs and fill it with hot water. Next, the broth is left for 60 minutes, or boiled 10 minutes at low power. Before use, the infusion must be cleaned of pieces of herbs and cooled. For the correct proportions, you need to take the ingredients in a ratio of 1 to 10.
You can mix any decoction yourself, but the main thing is to make sure that there is no allergic reaction to it. To infusion more effectively rid the hair roots of excess fat, you can add 10 drops of lemon juice (1 teaspoons).
Essential Oils for Oily Hair
To hair no longer be oily, you can use essential oils at home. This is easy to do if you pre-purchase natural oils of tea tree, lavender, lemon or cypress.
How to apply essential oils:
- Tea tree is best used with shampoo. It is necessary to drip a couple of drops on the hair while washing your hair. You can also add 8 drops of oil to the spray bottle and dilute them with plain water, and then spray the resulting liquid onto the hair, closer to the roots;
- Lavender is used in the same way as tea tree. It dries roots well and gives hair strength
- Lemon oil eliminates fat on the hair, but it is better to add it to masks or shampoo.
There are 2 types of compositions for rubbing into the roots of the hair in order to combat the increased release of fat: natural and ampoules. A natural mixture can be made independently on the basis of essential oils and other plant materials.
Recipes of natural compounds:
- 2 tablespoon oak bark should be languished in 0,1 gallon of water for 20 minutes. The resulting composition is rubbed into the roots. Do not flush.
g medical alcohol and fir oil can successfully solve the problem of fast hair contamination. It is necessary to mix them 1 to 1 and usd into the roots. For greater effect, it is recommended to repeat the procedure every 3 days.
For care of oily hair, ampoules with nicotinic acid are suitable. To get a full result, you need to buy 30 ampoules. For 1 month, the contents of one ampoule are applied daily to damp scalp. Subsequent rinsing is not required.
These options will give positive results, but the principle of regularity must be observed, otherwise there will be no benefit.
How to use flour for oily hair if there is no time to wash
Each type of flour helps to deal with different problems:
- If you thoroughly beat pea flour and shampoo, you will get a consistency that will have a positive effect on the scalp. The main thing is to prevent the mixture from drying out, otherwise it will be problematic to comb out the hair;
- If you mix corn and pea flour, and also add beer there, then the resulting mixture will make your hair bright and moderately moisturized. To achieve the result, you need to distribute the mask over dry and dirty hair and hold for at least 25 minutes.
To combat oily hair at home, pea, corn, soy flour is well suited. To make a special tool, you need to mix essential oils, any flour and shampoo.
If for any reason the hair is prone to greasy, this problem is solved with the help of masks, scrubs and herbal decoctions, which are effective and not costly for finances.
Video on how to deal with the problem of oily hair at home: what to do, recipes for effective masks
What to do with oily hair roots:
Masks for oily hair that are easy to make at home: