The problem of dandruff is caused by the active work of the fungus, which is one of the components of the microflora of the epidermis. A normal amount of fungus contributes to an imperceptible exfoliation of dead skin cells, but if the sebaceous glands work more actively, and the concentration of fungi increases, then there is a need for external intervention.
Masks for dandruff, prepared at home, can be a real first aid in solving this unpleasant problem.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
- Features of using dandruff hair masks
- Dry Dandruff Mask Recipes
- Top 5 Best Egg Dandruff Masks
- Masks with oils
- From aloe juice
- Masks with kefir
- Honey dandruff masks
- Homemade anti-dandruff masks
- Lemon mask
- With grapefruit
- Beetroot mask for oily dandruff
- Garlic mask
- Mixed Dandruff Onion Mask
- Herbal Dandruff Masks
- Recipes for soothing the skin (against itching)
- Oils in mask formulations
- How long does a mask treatment last
- How to prevent dandruff
- Video about dandruff masks at home
Features of using dandruff hair masks
Numerous folk remedies can significantly speed up the healing process. However, in combination with other recommendations, dandruff will be much faster.
When applying masks, it is important to remember the 3 main rules:
- Prevention and treatment require a different number of procedures to eliminate or prevent dandruff.
- A variety of recipes will help to alternate them with each other and observe which one will become the most suitable for solving a problem in a particular case.
- Cosmetics for washing hair should be replaced with natural ones for the period of treatment with masks.
The frequency of procedures depends on the amount of dandruff. Once a week is enough for prophylaxis, and during treatment it is necessary to apply a mask 3-4 times.
Dry Dandruff Mask Recipes
Masks against dry dandruff, like those that are aimed at solving several other problems, may consist of one component or several. For example, a mask from kefir copes with dryness perfectly, and makes the hair soft and silk.
The following few steps should be completed:
- Apply 2.5% of the product in its pure form to the scalp, and grind the remainder in strands;
- leave for 40 minutes;
- rinse thoroughly with water and organic shampoo.
To prepare a mask against dryness and peeling, consisting of several components, you must have the following ingredients:
- 1 teaspoons any vegetable oil;
- 1 egg yolk;
- 1 cup kefir.
Beat the yolk by adding to the kefir and mixing the whole mixture with oil. The finished mixture is applied to the hair and skin. For 40 minutes you need to put on a shower cap and wrap your hair in a towel. The procedure ends with a thorough rinse with natural shampoo or soap.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Top 5 Best Egg Dandruff Masks
A special benefit of masks is their comprehensive effect. They can not only solve a single problem, but also make up for the lack of nutrients. Thanks to this, the hair will be restored by replenishing the reserves of the missing components. The yolk and protein contain important trace elements that can have a beneficial effect when applied externally:
- retinol contributes to the normalization of the sebaceous glands;
- vitamin B6 and B12 lowers fat content;
- Biotin promotes protection and regeneration;
- Vitamin E provides nutrition to hair follicles;
- lecithin cleanses pores.
Egg and kefir are one of the most common components with which to quickly prepare a mask for dandruff. At home, each of the improvised ingredients can cook it.
To enhance its effect and restore split ends, you can add 1 tablespoon. honey in a glass of kefir, whipped with one yolk. The resulting mixture should remain on the hair for 1 hour.
For any type of hair, an excellent honey and egg mask is an excellent solution.
It is prepared and applied in accordance with the following recommendation:
- 1 yolk and 1 tablespoon honey is mixed until smooth;
- hair should be washed before applying the mask;
- the mixture is applied to clean wet hair;
- it is important to saturate the roots and the residues well into strands;
- sweat with a film and a towel should hold the applied composition for 20 minutes;
- rinse off the mask without using shampoo.
The dandruff mask at home can consist of additional useful components that previously were used only for internal use. For example, castor oil contains many vitamins, contributes to the destruction of fungi and affects blood circulation.
To prepare a mask using this component, you must have:
- 1 tablespoon honey;
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons lemon or orange;
- 1 teaspoons aloe juice.
This mixture is applied before washing the hair, rubbing it well into the roots of the hair. For 1 or 2 hours, the mask should remain applied to the hairline, after which the mixture should be washed with one of the natural remedies.
Oil lovers will appreciate the mask with flax or burdock oil. To prepare a mask for dandruff at home using linseed oil, you will need additional components:
- 1 egg yolk;
- 1 teaspoons flaxseed oil;
- applied one layer at intervals of 2 minutes to dry;
- Wash thoroughly with a natural remedy.
Masks with oils
A variety of vegetable oils contain useful ingredients for making dandruff masks at home.
Taking as a basis olive, burdock or castor oil and adding one yolk and 4 tablespoons to it. kefir can create an effective mask. Apply this composition to dirty hair 3 times in a week.
From aloe juice
Aloe mask can be made without the use of additional ingredients.
To prepare it, you need to follow 5 steps:
- choose a large lower leaf of the plant;
- cut off the top layer;
- grind the jelly-like inside of the sheet with a blender;
- put the resulting gel on for half an hour;
- wash off aloe and wash your hair with a mild, natural product.
A positive result will become apparent after a couple of weeks, if you repeat the procedure 3 times / week.
Masks with kefir
Kefir is useful not only for internal use, but also for external use.
Nutrition and restoration of the hair structure are possible due to the influence of the following elements:
- B and E vitamins;
- natural yeast;
- calcium and proteins.
Homemade kefir masks against dandruff are an easy way to protect hair and eliminate dry dandruff.
There are 3 basic ways to combat dandruff with kefir:
- the first consists in applying the product to the hair roots and keeping the mixture under a plastic wrap for 40 minutes;
- dairy product can be used as an alternative to shampoo;
- kefir is mixed with 1 teaspoons. any vegetable oil and whipped with the addition of one egg yolk. The resulting mixture is applied to the head for 30-40 minutes, after which it is washed off with a suitable agent.
Owners of dark hair should be careful, since kefir is able to affect the pigment and wash it. For this reason, hair may lose its saturated color. But for blond hair, this mask is just right, it will renew and lighten the tone of the hair, giving it shine and silkiness.
Honey dandruff masks
For the preparation of a mask of honey, linden and chestnut honey are excellent . If honey is candied, then it should be melted before preparing the mixture. In 2 tablespoon. honey, add 1 tablespoon. aloe juice. The mixture is rubbed into the ends and remains on the head under the shower cap for 30 minutes, after which it is washed off with shampoo.
Homemade anti-dandruff masks
An anti-dandruff mask with the addition of essential oils is a quick and affordable way to carry out pleasant and useful procedures.
Fans of fragrant plant mixtures can try adding rosemary, eucalyptus, tea tree, drops of geranium oil and citrus.
The recipe for cooking and using an oil mask is as follows:
- 2 tablespoons are poured into the container any vegetable oil;
- 4-5 drops of various essential oils and citrus juice are added to the overall mixture;
- for prevention, a mask of this composition is used once a week, and for the treatment of oily dandruff – 2 times.
Such a mask is another effective option to overcome oily dandruff. To prepare it, you need citrus juice and water. Squeezed out clean lemon juice must be diluted with water in equal proportions.
The resulting fluid is rubbed into the roots for 15 minutes. For a month, every week you need to repeat this simple process 1-2 times.
To prepare the product you need:
- 1 teaspoons mix olive oil with 3 drops of fruit juice;
- mix honey and egg with butter;
- heat the resulting product in a water bath;
- apply in a warm form for half an hour, on the hair;
- the process is repeated weekly for two weeks.
Beetroot mask for oily dandruff
To extract and transfer the useful minerals of beets to the root system of the hair, you need to rotate the root crop for 2 hours. After rubbing the boiled beets, add 1 tablespoon. lemon juice and oatmeal. After half an hour, wash the mixture from the hair with clean and warm water.
The phytocide contained in garlic kills the fungus, and garlic gruel stimulates blood circulation. To prepare anti-dandruff agents, mix honey, sour cream and castor oil with garlic, in a proportion of 2 teaspoons. garlic / 1/1/1. After exposure to the agent for 30 minutes, the mask is washed off, and the procedure continues for two or 3 months.
Mixed Dandruff Onion Mask
To combat this type of dandruff, a recipe is suitable, using several components:
- 2 tablespoon onion juice;
- 1 tablespoon garlic juice;
- 1 tablespoon cognac;
- egg yolk;
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil;
- 5 drops of rosemary.
The components are mixed into a homogeneous mass and applied under the film for 20 minutes. You can wash your hair in any usual way, but it is advisable to replace the shampoo with a natural product.
Herbal Dandruff Masks
Among the suitable herbs for combating dandruff you can choose the following: birch tar, nettle, calendula, burdock, chamomile, lavender, sage or rosemary. Some masks can be made on the basis of birch tar, burdock or calendula. Nettle and chamomile are more suitable as a rinse, and other herbs can become auxiliary components.
The essence of masks using herbs is to boil inflorescences, leaves or roots. The resulting broths insist and cool, after which they are applied to the scalp and washed off with warm and clean water.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Recipes for soothing the skin (against itching)
To alleviate itching and relieve inflammation, a mask with aloe leaf juice is a great solution. Its benefits lie in the composition of this unique plant of its kind. It contains valuable pectin and polysaccharides.
These substances are able to influence the activity of cells, their growth and division. Since aloe juice contains glycoprotein, itching and irritation quickly calm down thanks to its anti-inflammatory effect.
Other beneficial properties of aloe are as follows:
- purification from dead particles;
- the destruction of the fungus;
- follicle recovery;
- cleansing of fat clogged pores;
- the destruction of bacteria by antiseptics.
Oils in mask formulations
Beauticians consider castor, burdock and olive oils to be the most effective oils for soothing the scalp and getting rid of peeling, dandruff. They have healing properties for the skin and hair, so they should be added to the masks on a regular basis.
How long does a mask treatment last
Each of the masks consists of a variety of components that have a different effect, so you should apply the recommendations for the extension of the course for each individual method of combating dandruff. Some act more quickly and radically, so their use is limited to one month with the treatment procedure only once a week.
Other components show their effect only after 2-3 months when applied several times during the week. Tar, onion and garlic masks are not designed for long-term procedures. Herbs, essential and vegetable oils can act over a longer period,
exerting a gradual and gentle effect.
How to prevent dandruff
Violations in nutrition or in personal hygiene can cause the appearance of such an unpleasant phenomenon. To reduce the risk of dandruff, you should limit the use of chemical cosmetic products, apply natural products and lotions, choose a product with a suitable active ingredient and regularly take a sufficient amount of vitamins.
Perhaps you should change your usual shampoo from time to time and carry out regular prophylaxis, which is much more pleasant than treating the cause and consequences of dandruff.
In order to avoid dandruff or for its treatment, it is worth replacing the usual shampoo with natural shampoo, and stock up on organic products for the period of hair treatment. For example, rye shampoo is a great option.
A dandruff mask at home is a quick and inexpensive way to heal the hair, scalp and bulb, in combination with the active ingredients of natural ingredients.
Video about dandruff masks at home
Homemade dandruff masks:
Aloe Hair Mask: