Dimexide is an anti-inflammatory and analgesic agent for external use that has antihistamine, antipyretic, analgesic, antiseptic and fibrinolytic effects.
It has important properties for cosmetology: it helps to conduct the accompanying components of masks into the deeper layers of skin tissues. The use of the substance in the composition of hair masks helps to enhance growth and prevent their loss with greater efficiency than without it. Inexpensive solution is present in the assortment of any pharmacy.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
- Beneficial features
- Rules for the use of the drug
- Features of the use of compounds with Dimexidum
- Dimexide Hair Mask Recipes
- The classic mixture for strengthening hair
- Mask for weakened hair with vitamins in capsules
- From hair loss
- Recipe with onion for oily hair
- Mask for dry hair with oils
- Dimexide and nicotinic acid for intensive growth
- Mask for accelerated hair growth with fruits
- How much to keep the mixture on the hair
- How often can you make such masks
- Demixid mask video
The mechanism of action of Dimexide (full name – dimethyl sulfoxide) is that it helps the accompanying components of the mask to penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin, so it is actively added to home masks to improve the condition of curls. The properties of the substance are as follows.
- It relieves inflammation locally and has an antiseptic effect.
- It has an antimicrobial effect.
- It stimulates the metabolism and promotes the rapid healing of skin lesions.
Due to these properties, Dimexide has the following positive effects:
- Accelerates the recovery of weakened curls.
- Strengthens hair follicles.
- Improves microcirculation in the upper layers of the epidermis of the head.
- Disinfects the skin.
- Helps remove impurities.
- More effectively solves the problem of split ends.
- Gives hair a shiny and healthy look.
- Enhances growth.
- Successfully struggling with loss.
- Normalizes the sebum compartment.
- Saturates hair with moisture and nutrients.
- Heals the scalp.
Rules for the use of the drug
Dimexide is a potent and unsafe drug. The drug is sold in pharmacies in 2 main forms of release: in the form of a solution or gel. The concentration of the first is 100% dimethyl sulfoxide, and the gel is 25% of the active substance.
100% concentration is never used, it is dangerous – it can lead to chemical burns. Therefore, it is used in a concentration of from 10 to 50%, depending on the task and the place of application.
Principles to consider when handling it:
- To prepare the masks, a 10% solution is used.
- To obtain the necessary solution, the active substance is diluted with water. For example, if you want to get 0,34 fluid ounce of a 10% solution of a substance, you need to take 0,03 fluid ounce of concentrate from a bottle and add 0,3 fluid ounce of water. Mix the resulting mixture.
- Water should not be higher than room temperature, since the active substance must not be heated.
- To quickly and accurately collect the right amount of substance, you can use a syringe with a capacity of 5 or 10 cubes.
- It is better to use boiled water. Then the resulting solution can be stored for several days, otherwise it will need to be used immediately.
- Dimexide concentration can be increased if side effects are not observed, and the effect of the mask is not as pronounced as we would like. A solution of more than 20% can not be used on the scalp. It is necessary to increase from 10% to 20% gradually, noting the observed changes from the use of the mask. Changes can often be noticed only after some time.
- Avoid contact with hands and other areas of the skin. If this happens, immediately rinse the place with water at room temperature or a little cooler.
- After the required concentration of the solution is obtained, it is necessary to conduct a test for the reaction. To do this, a cotton pad soaked in the resulting 10% solution must be applied to the elbow or the inside of the wrist. You need to hold the disc for 20-30 seconds and remove.
- After 10 minutes, evaluate if the reaction: itching, rash, dizziness and nausea. If there is, then do not use dimexide – it is contraindicated. If there is no side effect, its further use is allowed.
- Before using the medication, it will not be amiss to check the expiration date. It is approved for use if no more than 3 years have passed since the release.
Observe the rules for the use of dimethyl sulfoxide. There is nothing complicated in them. And with experience, preparing a solution and a mixture for the mask will take very little time.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Features of the use of compounds with Dimexidum
A hair mask with Dimexide and vitamins should be prepared taking into account the following recommendations:
- Dimethyl sulfoxide is used in a ratio of 1 to 3 in relation to the other ingredients of the mask. This means that you need one part of a 10% solution of dimethyl sulfoxide and 3 parts of a mixture of other ingredients.
- Warm masks are more effective. But since dimexide itself cannot be heated, we add it to an already warm mask before applying it to the skin.
- The temperature of the mixture for the mask should be no more than 40 degrees. It is better to warm the mixture in a water bath. It is not recommended to use a microwave for heating, since there are still debates whether the properties of substances change after irradiation or not.
- Preparing to use the mask, the head needs to be washed and dried well. Air conditioning in this case cannot be used. This condition is necessary in order to prevent the penetration of health hazards into the scalp. These substances are urban dirt, which contains, in particular, salts of heavy metals. Plus balm remnants, which also should not fall into the deep layers of the scalp.
- When working with the prepared mixture, rubber or latex gloves should be used to protect hands and nails.
- Dimexide with the rest of the ingredients forms an unstable mixture. And, since applying a mask is a leisurely process, the mixture exfoliates. Therefore, you need to periodically stir the mask.
- Begin applying the mask from the upper part of the nape, gradually moving to the frontal part, to the temples and neck.
- The mask should be applied to the scalp without affecting the hair itself. To make this happen, you need to comb the strand behind the strand and smear it in small areas.
- In the end, you need to collect the hair in a bun, put a plastic bag tightly on your head and tie it with a warm scarf or scarf.
- After the appointed time, rinse well with water, and then wash with shampoo.
- Often there is increased hair loss in those who have first tried this procedure. There is no reason to panic, because this is a one-time effect that passes quickly.
- It is important to know that the mask is prepared at once. That is, it is impossible to leave part of the mixture until the next time, the components may deteriorate. Indeed, in the home mask there are no stabilizers, preservatives, emulsifiers
and other substances designed to preserve it.
What you need to keep in mind when preparing the remaining components:
- All components are easily accessible.
- Oils and vitamins are sold in pharmacies. It is important to strictly follow the recipe. If it is said that an oil solution of vitamin A is required, then you need to buy a ready-made oil solution in a pharmacy.
- Vitamins come in capsules, tablets, oily and saline solutions. If the recipe does not say which form to use, it is best to ask the pharmacist which form will be most active in the mask. Usually they have enough competence to correctly answer this question.
- Sometimes recipes use products: lemon, honey, cognac, onion, egg.
- Products should be washed before use if possible. The egg also needs to be washed and even more thoroughly than any other products.
- If possible, use the freshest components, as they have the most nutrients.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Dimexide Hair Mask Recipes
A wide selection of mask recipes allows you to solve many difficulties with hair and scalp. For each task, as a rule, there are several options for masks. It is important to observe the dosage, especially Dimexidum, since it belongs to potent substances.
Exceeding the volume of the substance used, you can cause an allergy, because of which you will have to forever abandon this effective remedy. And observing the correct proportions, you can gradually, not immediately, neutralize your problem without any adverse reactions.
The classic mixture for strengthening hair
You will need burdock and castor oils, 1 small spoonfuls each and oil solutions of vitamins E and A in the same amount. Still need a yolk of one egg. Stir the components well and warm them up. Then combine with 1 small tablespoons of B6 and a third of small tablespoons of the drug. Stir and immediately apply to the head.
With an increased level of sebum, squeeze a little lemon juice and 1 small tablespoons of honey into the cosmetic mixture. The volume of dimexide can then be increased according to the proportions of 1 to 3.
Mask for weakened hair with vitamins in capsules
You will need 1 large spoonful of honey, 1 small spoonful of burdock and castor oil, 7 drops of ether (for example, mandarin, rosemary, lavender), 1 capsule of vitamins E and A, and finally 1 small spoonful of dimethyl sulfoxide. Mix all components except the last, heat, then add medicine. To stand on the head no more than 30 minutes.
From hair loss
Very simple in composition and incredibly strong in action, the mask includes only 3 components: castor and burdock oil, 40 g each and 4 small spoons of the medicine.
Combine the ingredients, heat and add the treatment solution. Mix very well and apply on the scalp.
Recipe with onion for oily hair
Squeeze the onion to get 1 large tablespoons of juice, combine with 1 small tablespoons of burdock oil, 1 small tablespoons of castor oil, 6 drops of ether, 1 small tablespoons of oil solutions of vitamin E and A. Stir, slightly heat and pour 1 small tablespoons of diluted dimethyl sulfoxide.
Hair mask with dimexide and vitamins perfectly strengthens and nourishes the hair follicles. After 2-3 months, the hair will become noticeably thicker.
Mask for dry hair with oils
Combine 1 small tablespoons of sea buckthorn oil with 7 drops of grapefruit ether, pour 1 small tablespoons of oil solutions of vitamins A and E. Mix well, heat and add the drug. Apply the mask once every 5 days for 6-7 weeks.
Dimexide and nicotinic acid for intensive growth
A very simple composition includes nicotinic acid (1 ampoule), 40 gr. burdock or other oil and 3 teaspoons treatment solution. Stir the first two ingredients, heat and add the treatment solution. Shake well again and apply to clean hair for 40 minutes. This mask perfectly fights against baldness, strengthening hair along its entire length, giving it a healthy and beautiful appearance.
Mask for accelerated hair growth with fruits
Squeeze the juice from the lemon in the amount of 3 small tablespoons mixed with vitamins A and E, which you need to collect 1 small tablespoons, and combine with 1 small tablespoons of the drug. The procedure is carried out 1 time in 5 days for 6-7 weeks.
How much to keep the mixture on the hair
When performing the procedure for the first time, it is better to withstand the mask for no more than 20 minutes. If the skin after the procedure does not itch, then everything is in order, you can use this recipe further. In the second and all subsequent procedures in most recipes, the mask must be kept on the head for 1 hour. A mask with honey is enough to keep 30 minutes, and with nicotinic acid – 40 minutes.
How often can you make such masks
Therapeutic hair mask with Dimexide and vitamins is used no more than 2 times a week.
The duration of treatment, as a rule, is 5 weeks, after which a break of 4 weeks should follow. After the course, it is advisable to repeat. For prevention, the drug is used 2 times less.
Since dimethyl sulfoxide is a drug, it has contraindications and side effects. If there are any of the following diseases, conditions and features, then it is prohibited for use. And in case of side effects, you must either reduce the dose or completely discontinue use.
|Pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding||Dizziness|
|Cataract and Glaucoma||Nausea|
|Disorders of the genitourinary system and liver||Itching and rash on site|
|Hypersensitivity to the substance||Insomnia|
|Elderly and children’s age up to 9 years||Sometimes it smells like garlic, but this side effect is not a contraindication|
Observing the rules for handling dimethyl sulfoxide, you can effectively and quickly improve the condition of curls at home, using inexpensive pharmacy products and natural nutritional ingredients in hair masks. Complex with
Dimexide and vitamins will help both in the prevention of baldness and in the treatment of alopecia. However, each composition for the mask must be selected individually, based on the problem and the type of scalp.
Author: Fedoseeva Maria Anatolyevna
Demixid mask video
Mask with Dimexidum for hair: