Cinnamon masks lighten hair, strengthen its structure and, most importantly, are absolutely harmless. For their preparation does not require expensive or inaccessible ingredients. Many women prefer this kind of safe lightening with a natural remedy.
- The benefits of cinnamon for hair
- The effect of lightening hair with cinnamon
- Before and after photos
- Result on dark hair
- Lightening Mask Recipe
- Instructions for use mask with cinnamon
- The number and frequency of the procedure
- Mask with lemon juice
- Brightening mask with yolk
- Hot mask
- With kefir
- With hair balm
- With cinnamon oil
- With coconut oil
- Mask for the night
- Application Tips
- Side effects
- Cons of clarifying mask with cinnamon
- Video about Cinnamon Masks
The benefits of cinnamon for hair
The beneficial properties of cinnamon are due to its rich composition.
Cinnamon contains vitamins, minerals, trace elements, has the following positive effects on the scalp and hairline:
- helps get rid of dandruff;
- enhances blood circulation, resulting in increased penetration of the composition. Nutrients act with greater force on the hair follicles.
- reduces the degree of hair loss, promotes their growth.
- It has a general strengthening effect on the hair. Smoothes the visited tips, gives additional volume, shine.
- soothes dry, inflamed scalp.
- with regular use, lightens hair color.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
The effect of lightening hair with cinnamon
At the end of the course, the hair becomes 2-3 tones lighter. The more procedures are performed, the more pronounced the result. The greatest effect is seen on the fair-haired girls. But with one condition – curls will acquire a red-gold hue, which not everyone may like.
Before and after photos
Result on dark hair
Cinnamon masks for lightening hair are often used on dark hair. Brunettes without harm to hair become the owners of chocolate-colored curls. Brown-haired women after 4-6 applications of the mask become caramel-red. In red-haired girls, the color acquires a light blond shade. If you apply the mask only on the ends, you can achieve the ombre effect, which is so fashionable now.
Lightening Mask Recipe
The mask with cinnamon for lightening hair is easy to prepare and gives a tangible result.
- 70-90 g of honey (thickened can be melted);
- 3 tablespoon finely ground cinnamon;
- 0,3 – 0,4 pint of balm or conditioner.
Mixed components are applied to the scalp and distributed along the length of the curls. The head is wrapped so that the mask warms the hair. After 40-60 minutes, it is washed off with water and shampoo.
Instructions for use mask with cinnamon
In the course of the procedure, a number of simple recommendations must be followed.
They will help to avoid undesirable consequences.
- Before applying the mixture, the hair should be washed and squeezed with a towel (do not dry).
- While the hair is drying out, the composition of the mask is being prepared. It is important to mix the components in a glass or plastic dish (it is strictly forbidden to use metal objects), otherwise the mixture will oxidize.
- The mask is applied to wet hair, lock by lock. You can combine the process with head massage by performing rubbing movements with your fingers.
- Treated hair must be covered with polyethylene or hidden under a shower cap. Then wrap your head in a towel or put on a warm wool hat to create a thermal effect.
- After 1 hour, the hair is released from polyethylene, and the mask is left for several hours (this is a general recommendation, different cinnamon masks can be on the hair for different times).
- Rinse off the mask with water or shampoo. Depending on the components included.
The number and frequency of the procedure
A noticeable visual effect can be achieved by performing 3-5 procedures, depending on the individual characteristics of the hair. It is recommended to lighten hair every 4-7 days (no more often). The maximum allowable number of sessions is 16. Then you need a break in a month, after which supporting lightening masks should be applied every 1-2 weeks.
Mask with lemon juice
Lemon juice as part of a brightening mask helps to reduce yellowness on blond hair. For the manufacture of the composition, mix 2-3 tablespoon. cinnamon with the juice of one lemon. Then the composition is kneaded, add balm in the amount necessary for the formation of a thick consistency. Evenly, using a comb, spread along the length and wait at least 2-3 hours (it is allowed to withstand the mask for up to 6 hours). Then the composition is kneaded, add balm in the amount necessary for the formation of a thick consistency. Evenly, using a comb, spread along the length and wait at least 2-3 hours (it is allowed to withstand the mask for up to 6 hours).
Be sure to wrap the hair in polyethylene and insulate. The mask is washed off in the classical way.
Brightening mask with yolk
A mask with cinnamon to lighten hair with yolk will give additional volume, lightness. Curls will beautifully shimmer in the sun.
The yolk of one egg must be mixed with 1 tablespoon. cinnamon. Then add kefir (non-cold) and apply to the hair for 30-60 minutes. Wash off with water and a cosmetic cleanser.
The mask, which consists mainly of spices (and cinnamon in the first place), is called hot, since when it is applied, strong stimulation of the hair follicles occurs. Due to this, hair growth is accelerated, new hairs appear.
The components of the hot mask are as follows:
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon spice;
- 5,07 fluid ounce of olive oil;
- 0.5 teaspo
ons without a hill of red pepper;
- 2 tablespoon honey;
- 0.5 tablespoon ground cloves.
Mix together and heat oil with honey in a water bath. The remaining ingredients are added alternately. The mass should not be very hot, otherwise honey will lose most of its beneficial properties. A warm (non-hot) mixture is applied to the hair roots with massaging movements. Put on a shower cap and insulate with a towel.
The mask can withstand at least 20 minutes, but not more than an hour. If the skin begins to unbearably “burn”, it is urgent to wash off the composition. A burning sensation should be present during the procedure, it is important to monitor its intensity so that burns do not appear.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Sour-milk products, like cinnamon, have the ability to lighten. For the preparation of hair masks, kefir is suitable for its properties and consistency.
It is necessary to take 0,2 – 0,4 pint of kefir (the amount depends on the length and volume of hair), heat in the microwave and add 1 tablespoon. cinnamon powder. The composition is thoroughly mixed and applied over the entire surface of the curls. Warm the head for 60 minutes, rinse with shampoo. An additional effect is strengthening, preventing hair loss.
With hair balm
The easiest mask to make with cinnamon is the composition – balm + cinnamon powder. If desired, you can choose a balm with the necessary components for a particular type of hair.
2-2.5 tablespoon Cinnamon is mixed with balsam in an amount sufficient for the available length and density of the hair. The mixture is distributed throughout the head, wrapped and aged for 1-3 hours. Such a mask is washed off only with water.
With cinnamon oil
An alternative to dry cinnamon is cinnamon essential oil. It is a component of numerous hair care products.
Most popular recipe:
- 6 cap cinnamon oil (it is impossible to exceed a dosage as oil can burn skin);
- 0,85 fluid ounce of burdock oil (burdock);
- 2.5 tablespoon honey;
- 3 teaspoons dried shredded chamomile flowers.
Mix the oils together, warm them up. Add honey (it must be liquid) and chamomile. A thoroughly mixed mixture must be evenly distributed over the entire surface of the head. The mask should withstand a long amount of time. Wash off with a standard method.
With coconut oil
The mask with the addition of coconut oil has not only a brightening effect. It additionally heals curls, moisturizes, and prevents the formation of split ends.
Ingredients for the mask:
- 4.5 tablespoon of coconut oil;
- 2.5 tablespoon honey;
- 1.5-2 tablespoon ground cinnamon.
All ingredients are mixed and evenly distributed along the length of the curls, starting with the roots. The head is wrapped in polyethylene, over it is insulated with a towel or a dense soft cloth. After 40 minutes, you must remove the cellophane and give the mask another 1-2.5 hours for exposure. If only hair strengthening is necessary, then 30-50 minutes under polyethylene are enough.
Mask for the night
Cinnamon masks can be left on the hair for a long time. For example, for night exposure, apply the composition before bedtime and go to bed. The lightening effect will be as possible.
Important! Night masks are applied strictly to curls, 0’4 – 0’8 inch recede from the roots. This helps to avoid burns from prolonged exposure to the scalp.
In most cases, masks that are left overnight consist of cinnamon powder (you can use cinnamon essential oil) and a base oil (for example, olive, burdock, sunflower or coconut).
1-2 tablespoon cinnamon (or 3-4 drops of cinnamon oil) is mixed with 1,4 – 2 fluid ounce of oil. Before starting the application procedure, the composition must be warmed up. Rinse off the mask in the morning with shampoo. More than one soaping may be required.
When using masks containing cinnamon, several additional factors should be considered .
- Before using cinnamon or cinnamon essential oil, it is necessary to exclude the possibility of an allergic reaction. To do this, apply the mask to the skin of the wrists and the area behind the ear and stand for 10-15 minutes. If redness or excessive burning is not felt, you can use the composition.
- If safety measures regarding allergies are ignored, in case of severe burning of the scalp, immediately wash off the mask with non-hot water. After half an hour, examine the scalp for possible burns.
- The exposure time of the mask should be clearly defined, depending on the desired effect. If there is no need for lightening hair (only healing), then any mask with cinnamon is washed off after 15-30 minutes.
- If recently the hair was dyed with other substances of natural origin (henna, basma, onion peel, etc.), it is better to refrain from using cinnamon masks. The result can be unpredictable.
- It is possible to achieve a greater brightening effect by substituting the hair under the sun’s rays.
- It is recommended for greater benefit from the use of cinnamon, to buy spice not in bags, but in sticks and chop them yourself.
- It is useful after rinsing with cinnamon to rinse the hair with chamomile infusion, as it has a restorative and soothing effect.
There are no serious contraindications to the use of cinnamon compounds. There are several warning factors that you should pay attention to and postpone the clarification procedure for some time.
- The possibility of drying hair. In this case, care should be taken to additionally moisturize the curls after the procedure.
- Individual intolerance to cinnamon or any other component of the mask. In this case, you should choose another way to lighten and strengthen the hair.
- If the hair has undergone a procedure of chemical perm, then cinnamon masks should be postponed for at least 2 weeks.
- Hair injury. Before using cinnamon compounds, it is necessary to cure injured hair. Despite the fact that the masks are firming and regenerating, the result will be the opposite.
If a mask with cinnamon gets on the skin of the neck or face, redness and slight itching may occur. Therefore, the components of the masks are selected so that the final consistency is creamy (excluding oil recipes) and does not spread when applied.
The scent of cinnamon is present on the hair for at least 24 hours. It is necessary to prepare for this, as a feeling of nausea from the cinnamon smell may occur. This is especially true for pregnant women.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Cons of clarifying mask with cinnamon
In the case of brightening masks with cinnamon, the disadvantages are as follows:
- The duration of the procedure. To lighten the hair with a mask with cinnamon, it is necessary to allocate at least 3-4 hours of free time.
- Difficulty in further staining. If the hair is clarified with a cinnamon mask, then dyeing your hair with store-based paints can turn into disappointment. Since it is not known what color will turn out in the end.
- The result is not immediately visible. Unlike professional salon lightening, changing hair color by 2-3 tones is possible only after applying a whole course of procedures (from 6 to 15 sessions).
You should be patient before lightening your hair with a mask with the addition of cinnamon, and prepare for the fact that the final result may differ from the expected one. For clarification by 2-3 tones, a course of procedures is required.
Video about Cinnamon Masks
Super cinnamon hair mask with honey: