Every woman cares about the harmony of her figure. Waist size is one of the main indicators. There are regulated norms of girth, exceeding which is undesirable and dangerous to health.
- Why do I need to monitor the size of the waist
- How to measure the waist circumference
- Waist circumference in women of different ages
- Waist circumference, depending on height and weight
- The ratio of waist to hips, an indicator of attractiveness and health
- Ways to adjust the waist
- Physical activities
- Other methods to reduce waist in volume at home
- Women’s Waist Video
Why do I need to monitor the size of the waist
Being overweight is becoming a serious problem for modern society. Weight gain in the limbs (buttocks, hips, shoulders) is not as dangerous as increasing the size of the waist. The reason for this lies in the anatomy of the human body: excess folds in the abdomen and above speak of visceral fat. This is when the internal organs of the abdominal cavity begin to become covered with fat.
And this entails a number of negative consequences:
- disrupted natural blood circulation and lymphatic drainage, which leads to cardiovascular disease;
- liver function worsens;
- the risk of developing diabetes increases by 2 times;
- the hormonal background is distorted (the production of male hormone – testosterone increases);
- the attractiveness and generally accepted proportions of the figure are lost.
With every decade, a person physiologically gains weight. This is the norm and is explained by hormonal and physico-chemical changes in the body. The main thing is to monitor the waist.
Body weight can and should change, but the ratio of the main parameters (waist to height or to the circumference of the hips) should be maintained.
How to measure the waist circumference
Measuring your waist is very easy.
To do this, there are a number of sequential actions:
- First you need to expose your stomach by removing your T-shirt or sweatshirt. If pants interfere, lower them.
- The waist is the narrowest point of the body. Hands need to grope for the beginning of the chest. For convenience, it is better to stand up to the mirror to visually observe the process. Approximate orientation – the level is slightly higher than the navel.
- Take a inch tape and, holding 1 end just above the navel, wrap her torso. Withdraw 2 end and connect with 1.
- Exhale. Make sure that the tape is not twisted or tensioned.
- View the value on the tape. The number at the 2 end of the tape is the waist circumference.
- For accuracy, repeat the entire sequence again.
Waist circumference in women of different ages
There are several types of female figures:
- an Apple;
The genetic factor here is one of the determining ones. Therefore, the waist size in women of the same age can vary in a fairly wide range. Sometimes a girl at 25 can have a greater girth value than a woman at 35. And this is also a variant of the norm in the absence of other violations.
However, there is a permissible value, the excess of which is unacceptable for any age. Women’s waist, more than 31’5 inch, signals the onset of problems. This figure is easy to remember and control this parameter. For men, this norm is 36’2 inch.
Waist circumference, depending on height and weight
The waist size in women (the norm is up to 31’5 inch) is directly proportional to height and weight. There are several methods, using which you can calculate your parameters and see if they fit into acceptable standards. The most popular of them says: if you subtract the figure 100 from the growth, you should get the ideal waist size.
With weight, it’s the same: they take 100 from growth – they get weight.
It becomes clear that the ideal ratio of all parameters is reduced to equal numerical values of the waist circumference and the weight of the woman. These are too average norms, and for many they are not suitable even if there are no deviations. But there is a category of women of average height, the proportions of which fit into the results of these formulas.
Their growth ranges from 5’4 – 5’7 foot. The waist volume in inch is approximately equal to the weight in pounds. The statement that weight loss by 2 pounds gives a reduction in waist circumference by 0’4 inch is also true for them.
The ratio of waist to hips, an indicator of attractiveness and health
The waist size in women (the norm depends not only on height and weight) can vary over time. But the correct proportions must be maintained, one of which is the ratio of waist to hip circumference (STB). For women, it should be no more than 0.7. The world average for today is almost 0.8. This suggests that more and more women are becoming prone to obesity.
The ratio of waist to hips of more than 0.85 in women always means a diagnosis of visceral obesity, in which you should immediately consult a general practitioner and begin a full examination. An increase in waist circumference leads to irreversible internal processes that can lead to heart attacks, strokes or cancer.
The first step to take is to start a healthy diet. The violated proportions of the waist and hips can be explained by a genetic factor, but the percentage of such cases is very small.
Most of the facts of visceral weight gain are caused by improper and excessive nutrition, as well as a sedentary lifestyle.
In addition to the indicator of health, the ratio of waist and hips determines the attractiveness of a woman and the harmony of her shapes and sizes. According to studies, men subconsciously choose women with an STB score of 0.6 – 0.7. In this case, an impressive girth of the hips, symbolizing the ability to bear children, is very important.
Ways to adjust the waist
Waist size for women is an indicator that needs to be monitored and maintained. After detecting an excess of the norm, it is not recommended to immediately start losing weight.
Consultation with a general practitioner is required, which, according to the results of prescribed tests, can allow training or other methods of reducing the waist. Only in the absence of contraindications can we begin to solve the problem.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
There is a whole range of special exercises aimed at correcting the waist at home:
Hands touching heels . Lie in the starting position on the mat. Bend your knees. With a straightened hand, reach the heel with your fingertips (right hand to the right foot). Twis
ting to produce, straining oblique muscles of the abdomen. Returning to the starting position, the hand needs to be changed, the head should not be lowered. Do 3 sets of 10 times on each side.
- Plank with pulling up legs . To get into the starting position of the bar: stand on the elbows and toes with a straight torso without excesses. Straining the abdominals, pull the leg to the elbow (right to right). Go back to the bar and change the leg. Repeat 3 sets of 15 twists.
- Twisting with a load . For the starting position, you need to sit on the floor and bend your knees. Pick up a load (a dumbbell, a thick volume of a book, a bottle of water) and hold it at chest level. Tear off your feet from the floor. In twisting movements, lower the load to the right and left one by one, leading him around the waist. At the same time, the legs are held by the abdominal muscles and do not touch the surface. Perform 3 sets of 20 reps.
- Lowering straight legs from a prone position . Lie on the floor, stretch your arms perpendicular to the axis of the body. Straighten your legs and connect the heels, raise them to an angle of 90 0 with the surface. Lower your legs alternately left and right without touching the floor. At the same time, the loin is pressed and retracted, the oblique muscles of the abdomen work. Do 3 sets of 10 times in each direction.
- Exercise “Bicycle” . Lie on the floor, bend your knees. Place your hands behind your head, elbows parallel to the floor. Straining the abdominal muscles and raising 1 arm and 1 leg, tear off the body. In this case, the elbow extends to the opposite knee. Returning to the starting position, it is important not to lower your arms and legs to the floor. Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
- Side plank. Lie on your side, create support on the elbow. Place the basin on the floor. The second hand is on the belt. Raising the pelvis, tear the body off the surface. The body should represent a straight line. Hold in this position for 15 seconds. Then relax and lower your pelvis. Do 10 times and switch sides. It is necessary to perform 2 approaches.
Slopes with cargo . Stand directly in the starting position: the legs are shoulder-width apart, the pelvis is twisted upward, the hands are freely located along the body. Pick up the load (dumbbell). Twist in the waist to lower alternately to the left and right. In this case, the dumbbells are pulled down, creating resistance. Repeat 3 sets of 20 times.
- Raising arms and legs on all fours . Starting position – stand on the knees and hands. The pelvis must be tightened up, the stomach pulled in, the lower back not to bend. Alternately raise the opposite arm and leg, extending them parallel to the floor. It is important to do the exercise slowly, straining the abs and feeling the balance. Repeat 3 sets 15 times.
- Raising arms and legs from a prone position . Lie on the floor on your stomach, arms and legs stretch as much as possible and relax. Straining the torso, lift the opposite arm and leg. Hold in this position for a few seconds. The head does not tilt, the neck is relaxed. Do 2 sets of 10 times.
- Lowering the pelvis . Starting position – kneel down. Hands extended high up. Twisting around the waist, lower the pelvis to the left, then to the right. In this case, the buttocks should touch the floor. Complete 3 sets of 20 reps.
These exercises are important to perform 2 hours after a meal daily.
Wrapping is one of the widely used means for losing weight, which can be done both in a beauty salon or held at home. The bottom line is to apply a special tool to the entire body and then wrap it with a film, resulting in an outflow of excess fluid from the body. Therefore, the effect of the procedure is noticeable after 1 time.
Wraps are cold and hot.
The composition of the used funds are divided into:
The main properties of fruit wraps are given in the table:
Type of wrap
|Kiwi wrap||Anti-cellulite effect, smoothing the skin surface|
|Passion Fruit Wrap||Normalizes skin moisture balance|
|Mango Wrap||Prevents skin aging|
|Citrus wrap||Whitening and smoothing effect|
|Berry wrap (strawberries, raspberries)||Skin restoration and nutrition|
In beauty parlors, body wraps are part of a set of procedures aimed at reducing the volume of the waist and hips. After applying the product to enhance the effect, a thermal blanket and roller massage are often used. An important rule – wraps should be regular.
Only with an integrated approach can the following results be achieved:
- get rid of cellulite or reduce its manifestations;
- reduce the girth of the waist, hips and other problem areas;
- reduce the visibility of stretch marks and skin irregularities;
- improve blood circulation and lymphatic drainage;
- improve your mood and calm down.
The most significant drawback of salon wraps is the high cost of the procedure and the need for an integrated approach. Therefore, very often women spend them at home.
Here are just a few recipes for this:
- Honey wrap : 300 g of honey is mixed with 2 tablespoons of coarse salt, 3-4 drops of any essential oil (lavender, tea rose, mandarin) are added.
- Chocolate wrapping : 2 tiles of dark chocolate (cocoa content – at least 75%) are melted in a water bath with the addition of 2 tablespoons of any cosmetic oil. 3-4 drops of essential oil are dripped. The resulting mixture is cooled, but do not allow it to solidify.
- Mud wrap : you can buy volcanic or sea mud at any pharmacy. Before the procedure, it is necessary to heat it in any way (microwave, water bath). Add 3-4 drops of essential oil.
Cinnamon wrap : add 5-6 drops of cinnamon oil to 100 g of olive or flaxseed.
- Wrapping with pepper : ginger root grated on a fine grater, mix with chopped red pepper (1 pod) and pour 150 g of olive oil.
To carry out any wrapping at home, you must perform the following steps in sequence:
- Take a warm or hot shower. Use a scrub to exfoliate keratinized areas. The body should be steamed and clean. For problem areas, you can perform a massage with an anti-cellulite brush.
- Heat the wrapping mixture to the desired temperature (if the procedure suggests this).
- Apply the mixture in a thin layer on body parts with smooth massaging movements in the direction from the bottom up. It is recommended to start from the feet and then rise higher.
- Wrap the body with cling film in 2-3 layers so that nothing presses and does not pinch.
- If the wrap is cold, put on underwear. If it’s hot, cover with a thermal blanket (blanket, shawl).
- Be in this position for 30 minutes. up to 1 hour depending on the purpose of the procedure. It is more convenient to lie down, but a sitting position is also allowed.
- Wash the mixture off the body with warm water.
- Rub the problem areas of the body with a rough towel to enhance the effect.
- Apply a moisturizer to the entire body.
- At night, use a rich nourishing cream on problem areas.
Waist size in women (the norm may depend on the type of figure) is a problem area that requires correction in the form of manual stimulations – massages. Beauty salons most often complete the wrap with a comprehensive anti-cellulite massage. Oils that promote fat burning are used. Various techniques are applied.
At home, there are also several massage options:
- Manual self-massage . The technique consists in energetic movements, first vertically, then horizontally. Continue circular motion clockwise and counterclockwise. Clapping and tapping movements of the fingers are also used. They complete the massage with trembling movements, their stomach is relaxed and hesitating. Such a massage is good before starting exercise: it warms up muscles and stimulates blood circulation.
- Vacuum massage by banks . At the pharmacy, purchase special funds for the procedure – silicone jars. Apply coconut (linseed, olive) oil to the skin and let the jar stick and form a vacuum. It is important that the skin inside the jar rises no more than 0’4 inch. Drive in circular slow movements in the waist and abdomen. Perform 5-10 minutes.
- Pinch massage . Lie on a flat surface. Apply any cosmetic oil to the stomach. Grab the fold on your stomach with your index and thumb and move clockwise with such pinching movements. With each new circle, strength and intensity should increase. The skin should redden. Perform no more than 7 minutes. After massage, apply soothing oil.
- Hydromassage . Get under the shower and set up a warm stream of water of medium intensity. Point it at the abdomen and hold it for a few seconds. Then change position. Perform 5-10 minutes.
- Anti-cellulite massage . Apply a pharmacy drug for burning fat. Start with light rubbing movements. Build up intensity. The main movement is to grab a thick layer of skin with your index finger and thumb and lead from top to bottom. This will ensure acceleration of fats. Finish the massage again with light movements.
Any type of massage should be performed for a limited time. If you experience discomfort or dizziness, stop the procedure immediately.
Other methods to reduce waist in volume at home
The waist size in women (the norm should not be exceeded) can be adjusted in other ways at home.
It is important to understand that an integrated approach is important in solving this issue: you cannot change the shape with a massage without correction of nutrition.
Therefore, a combination of several methods is necessary. A calorie-deficient diet based on proper nutrition. Exclude sweet, flour, fast food. Give preference to vegetables and fruits, fresh fish and sour-milk products. Eat fractionally and often. Drink at least 0,4 gallon of clean water daily. Get rid of bad habits.
- Cardio training. It can be skiing or ice skating in the winter, and morning jogging in the park in the summer. Also include daily walks: get off at 1 stop earlier, do not use the elevator, or go for a lunch break.
Twist the hoop . Daily include exercises with a hoop in the morning exercises. Build up time and intensity every day.
- Wear a corset that gives tonus to the abdominal muscles. At the same time, posture will also become smoother and stronger.
- Get enough sleep and have a good rest . Stress and nervous tension cause excess body fat. Emotional peace is important during weight loss and volume reduction.
- To live an active lifestyle. A slender figure and a thin waist are provided to those women who behave energetically and are not lazy. Daily cleaning, washing windows, walking with a dog – all this will favorably affect the forms.
Every self-respecting woman should maintain herself in shape and monitor the main volumes (waist, hips). Exceeding the norms will negatively affect not only the external beauty and attractiveness, but also the basic indicators of health.
Women’s Waist Video
What should be the waist so that there are no health problems: