Stretching your legs is an essential element of training for both beginners and experienced athletes practicing at home and in the gym. Thanks to stretching exercises, the muscles become more elastic, so even the most complex complexes can be performed without damaging the ligaments and injuries.
- Types of Stretch Marks
- Rules for stretching training
- Is it possible to stretch muscles quickly
- How to warm up your legs before stretching
- A few exercises for beginners
- Slimming Stretch
- Twine Muscle Stretch
- Exercises for stretching the back (spine)
- Post-Workout Muscle Stretch for Women and Men
- How to stretch your muscles while doing yoga
- Leg Stretch Video
Types of Stretch Marks
All exercises that stretch the muscles of the legs are divided into two main types: static and dynamic.
Static exercises are suitable for beginner athletes. Their essence is the gradual stretching of the muscles. Exercises are performed in one position for a long time. Active movements are not made, so the muscles do not contract.
Dynamic stretching requires certain skills and experience. It is an active movement, such as swinging legs. Use this type of stretch need more experienced athletes with good flexibility. They are not suitable for beginners, as they can cause injury.
Active and passive stretching are also highlighted. Active is done on its own, passive – with the involvement of a partner. As a special type of stretch marks, ballistic can be distinguished. Exercises in this complex are based on jerks and springy movements.
Rules for stretching training
When doing leg stretching at home, you must follow the rules:
- Start stretching with the simplest static exercises with the minimum duration.
- Pre-warm the muscles well, perform a warm-up consisting of active exercises.
- If muscle pain occurs during exercise, stop stretching immediately.
- After 2-3 lessons, increase the duration of the exercises.
- Before moving on to more complex exercises, make sure the body is ready for stress.
- Stretch regularly. If there was a break in classes, it is recommended to resume training with the simplest exercises.
- Monitor breathing during stretching. It should be deep, even.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Is it possible to stretch muscles quickly
Stretching the legs at home can be done for general muscle strengthening or during the development of longitudinal or transverse twine. Regardless of the ultimate goal, stretching the muscles quickly is impossible. Specialists warn of the danger of accelerated stretching.
To quickly achieve the result, many decide to start immediately with active and complex exercises. Unprepared for such a load muscles will not only not become elastic, but also seriously damaged. Therefore, it is necessary to stock up on patience, as well as to make efforts so that the body becomes flexible without injury.
The development of longitudinal or transverse twine requires at least 6 months with regular training. If the stretching is carried out in conjunction with other exercises, then it is not necessary to leave it until the termination of the complex.
How to warm up your legs before stretching
To perform stretching at home, you need to remember about preheating the legs to avoid injuring muscles and joints.
The main exercises for pre-warming up are:
- Squats Legs should be placed wider than shoulders, and heels should not be torn off the floor. Perform uniform deep squats in two sets of 20-25 times for each set.
- Jumping rope. The duration of this exercise should be 8-10 minutes. It is necessary to make jumps on two legs, as well as on each leg in turn.
- Slow jogging or brisk walking in place for 12-15 minutes.
- Swing legs from a standing or lying position 15 times on each leg.
- Torso tilts to the sides and forwards 15-20 times in each direction.
After warming up, you need to even out your breathing. To do this, you can walk around or do breathing exercises.
A few exercises for beginners
Start stretching your legs with static exercises.
The simplest and most affordable of them are the following:
- To perform the exercise, you need to lie on your back, legs straighten and raise so that they are perpendicular to the floor. Hands remain straight along the body, palms down. Raised legs should be gradually parted to the sides, as far as possible, so that there is no pain. Knees do not bend. Staying in this position takes 25-35 seconds. Perform 3 approaches.
- For the next exercise, you need to sit on the floor, placing your legs so that the knees are apart, and the feet rest against each other. Next, you need to slowly press with your palms on your knees so that they touch the floor. Pressing is necessary slowly so as not to injure the ligaments. Perform 15-20 repetitions.
- They occupy a standing position, having lunged with the right foot, the left leg remains behind. The left leg is bent so that the knee is on the floor. You need to rest your hands on the right knee or floor. They bend forward with the torso until they feel a sense of tension of the femoral muscles, but pain in any other muscle groups should not occur. They remain in this position for 25-30 seconds, after which they perform the same actions, making a lunge with their left foot.
- You need to sit on the floor, legs apart to the limit, while keeping them straight. The body is tilted forward to a feeling of muscle tension, remaining in the final position for 50-60 seconds. Perform 3 repetitions with a minute respite.
- Occupy a standing position, legs apart at shoulder level. They extend their arms, tilting the body forward. They touch with the palms or fingertips of the floor, remaining in this position for 30 seconds. If you can’t touch the floor with your hands, you must bend to the limit, while performing the exercise regularly.
- Remaining in a standing position, connect legs together. Torso forward, clasping your knees with your hands. It is necessary to bend to the maximum possible level, ideally the forehead and knees should touch each other. Remain in this position for 30 seconds, repeat 3 times.
Stretching at home will help to lose weight in the legs.
Perform the following exercises:
- In a standing position they connect straight legs to each other. Make tilts with the body forward, reaching with your fingers to the floor. Legs remain straight. The position is fixed for 30 seconds. Perform 3-4 repetitions.
- Remaining to stand straight, put their legs wide to the limit. Perform the same torso to the limit, resting his hands on the floor. Remain in this position for 30 seconds. 4-5 repetitions should be performed.
- They lunge with one leg, the other is bent at the knee joint and rest on it. By tilting the body forward, they make spring movements. Do the exercise for 15-20 seconds, then change the leg.
- Occupy a sitting position, bring feet together. With palms you need to grab your feet and stretch your chin to your knees. Exercise must be performed smoothly, avoiding pain.
- Remaining sitting on the floor, one leg is pulled forward, the other is bent and the heel is pressed to the inside of the thigh. Torso to the straightened leg, fixing the position for 20-30 seconds. Repeat the exercise by changing the leg.
Before performing a set of stretching exercises for weight loss, it is important to remember about the preliminary workout.
Twine Muscle Stretch
In order to learn how to do longitudinal or transverse twine, you need to perform a set of the following exercises daily:
- The standard exercise for any kind of stretching is to lean forward from a standing position. Feet should be put together, back is even. Perform bending forward with arms outstretched. When tilting, it is necessary to bring the chest as close as possible to the knees. Stretch to the feet as possible. Remain in this position for 15-20 seconds, repeat the exercise 3 times.
- They stand upright, joining their legs, arms stretching out on the sides. The right leg is set forward 3’3 – 3’6 foot from the left. They bend forward with the body, sliding their hands evenly over the exposed leg, pulling the chest to the thigh of the right leg. Fingers stretch forward or touch the floor. Hold in this position for 25-30 seconds, then change legs.
- They sit on the floor, spreading their legs as wide as possible. Torso is tilted forward, trying to reach chest and head to the floor, arms extended forward. Hold in a pose for 20-30 seconds. Perform 3-4 repetitions.
- Remaining in a sitting position with legs wide apart, they bend to the sides, trying to reach over their fingers with their fingers to the toes. Fix a pose for 30-40 seconds for each leg.
- You need to lie on the floor with your knees bent. The right leg is lifted upwards, while exhaling, they grab onto the foot and pull it towards themselves as much as possible. The left leg remains in its original position. To facilitate the exercise, you need to use a strap or a strong tape to grip the foot. It is necessary to remain in this position for 15-20 seconds, then perform it for the left leg.
To sit on a twine for a beginner, you need to do a long time. Stretch for 4-6 months to prepare the muscles and joints. Gradually, you need to increase the duration of each exercise by an average of 5 seconds.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
Exercises for stretching the back (spine)
Exercises for stretching the muscles of the back will help relieve tension, get rid of painful sensations and defects of the spine, and also improve blood circulation.
Stretching the back for beginners is represented by a set of the following exercises:
- If you have a horizontal bar, you can just hang on it, firmly grabbing your hands on the crossbar. The duration of the exercise depends on physical abilities: it is necessary to hang on the horizontal bar as much as the forces allow.
- Get on all fours, alternately bending and arching the back. You need to perform the exercise smoothly and evenly. The number of repetitions is 5-7.
- They are laid on the back, hands are placed along the body, with the palms turned down. The bent right knee is thrown over the left leg, crossing them, the bent leg is attracted to the floor as much as possible. Hands are pulled and turned behind the head. Hold in this position for 5-10 seconds and change legs.
- They sit on a chair, keep their back straight. The upper body is rotated alternately in each direction. Fix the position of the body in rotation for 15-20 seconds.
- They stand against the wall so that the nape and shoulder blades touch it. They stretch their arms up without taking their backs off the wall. They pull their arms up to maximum tension. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
Post-Workout Muscle Stretch for Women and Men
After training at home, leg stretching is necessary so that tired muscles recover and relax faster, as well as to regulate blood flow. Also, stretching helps to consolidate the effect of the exercises that make up the complex.
Features of stretching after training:
- The minimum duration is 5 minutes. The optimal duration of such a stretch is 12-15 minutes.
- The best option for exercise after training is static exercise.
- The option of stretching with a partner is not suitable for performing after a workout, as there is additional pressure on the ligaments.
- It is very important to control breathing during the entire complex of exercises. Deep and even breathing helps to relax faster and restore strength.
- In the sitting position, you need to raise the bent knees to the sides, connecting the feet. Slowly and gently press their palms on their knees, pressing them to the floor. Keep a pose for 25-30 seconds.
- In a standing position, they spread their legs to the sides wider than the shoulder level, for stability, you can use the support. Slowly bred legs as wide as possible without pain. Hold in the final position for 30-40 seconds.
- Remaining in a standing position, the right leg is put forward, the left leg is set back. They are bred as widely as possible, delayed in this position for 20-30 seconds.
- In a standing position, the right leg is put forward, the left leg is set back. The back is slightly bent, for stability you can use the support. Perform smooth forward bends, bending the left leg. You need to do 15-20 repetitions, then change the leg.
How to stretch your muscles while doing yoga
Stretching with yoga elements will help to achieve a quick result. Yoga helps to relax muscles and joints, as well as strengthen them and make them elastic without injuries and injuries, therefore, exercises for stretching legs often include elements of yoga.
Set of stretching exercises with yoga elements:
- They sit on the floor, bending their right leg under themselves. The left leg is pulled back, keeping it even. Perform an inclination with the body forward, resting with the elbows on the floor. Keep position for 25-30 seconds, then change the leg.
- Squat, legs placed at shoulder level. Having tilted forward, stretch your arms in front of you. Palms resting on the floor, head down. Depending on the physical development, the duration of the exercise can range from 30 to 50 seconds.
- They are stacked on the back, lifting the legs bent at the knees to chest level. Straight arms grasp the feet, fixing the position for 20-30 seconds.
- Cross your legs while sitting. Hands slightly back, touching the floor with your fingers. Lean forward slightly to maintain balance. Remain in this position for 40-50 seconds.
- In the sitting position, legs are bent apart with the knees to the sides, the feet are connected. They clasp the feet with their hands, performing a deep forward bend. At the same time, it is necessary to press the elbows on the knees, pressing them to the floor. Fix the position for 20-30 seconds.
- In the sitting position, the right leg is bent at the knee, stretching the left forward. They stretch their arms to the outstretched leg, trying to wrap their palms around the foot. Fix the position for 20-30 seconds.
- They sit on the left knee, bending the second leg. Lean on the right leg, stretching the left back. Fix the end position for 20 seconds, after which they change the leg.
Elements of yoga not only beneficially affect the muscles of the legs. They allow you to relieve stress and fatigue at home while stretching your legs.
Regardless of whether stretching exercises are performed at home or in the gym, you must remember the basic safety rules. Violation of the technique of performing stretching threatens with serious injury to the muscles, because of which it will be impossible to do exercises of any degree of complexity.
Leg Stretch Video
Complex stretch marks at home:
Stretching for beginners: