Dry and cracked heels are a consequence of increased load on the legs, lack of care for them, as well as the result of dehydration. To eliminate all these shortcomings is not as difficult as it seems. The main thing is to regularly clean the skin of the heels of old exfoliating skin for the fastest renewal of the skin.
By following the correct sequence of procedures, you can achieve amazing results without resorting to the services of beauty salons.
- How to clean your heels
- Softening baths for heels
- Bath with milk
- Herbal foot bath
- Sea salt for heels
- DIY scrubs: effective recipes
- Soft Heel Mask Recipes
- Apricot pulp mask
- Zucchini mask
- Rye bread mask
- Traditional medicine against rough skin
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Apple cider vinegar and glycerin for heels
- The use of table soda
- Cleaning with lemon juice, chamomile and onion infusion
- Video on how to clean your heels at home
How to clean your heels
Where to start cleansing the heels, and what components are needed for this, depends on the condition of the skin, and the susceptibility of the body to certain products and substances. Natural products are great helpers in the fight for soft feet at home. It is better to carry out procedures in the evening, so the benefit of natural substances left for a long time will be maximum.
The first thing to do is to steam the feet, and then treat them with a pumice stone.
If there are corns, then they should be removed carefully, and at hand, in case of a cut, you must have an antiseptic.
At home, it’s easy to clean the heels, these components will do just fine:
- sea salt;
Softening baths for heels
Foot baths – this is the first stage from which care begins. Most often, milk, herbal decoctions or soap solutions are used.
Bath with milk
One of the most common and uncomplicated in execution. It softens and heals the heels. The skin will become pleasant and very soft.
For the solution you will need:
- warm water – 0,5 gallon.
- milk – 2.5-3 tablespoon (it is better to use homemade, but a high-quality store one is also suitable).
- Boil water, add milk and cool to a comfortable temperature.
- Pour the contents into the basin, lower your legs there and enjoy the relaxing effect for half an hour.
- Next, you need to remove the feet from the water and dry.
You can do the procedure twice a week. To enhance the effect and provide a massage effect, you can pour glass balls on the bottom of the basin with milk solution and roll them with your feet.
Herbal foot bath
For water procedures with herbs, the most beneficial for the skin are:
- hawthorn and many others.
The most popular is chamomile. The unique properties that it possesses make it possible to solve a whole range of problems: cracks, sweating, swelling, fatigue, heaviness and unpleasant odor from the legs.
For the recipe you will need:
- Chamomile pharmacy – 2 tablespoon
- Water – 0,4 – 0,5 pint.
- Boil a glass of water and pour chamomile on it.
- Cover and leave for half an hour, then strain.
- Pour the broth into a container with 0,3 gallon of water and lower your legs for 20 minutes.
You can do such a bath up to 3 times a week. The proportions can be changed, depending on the needs. Another useful herb is linden. The brewing method is very simple: like regular tea, the difference is only in the proportions.
According to reviews: the best effect is achieved by adding one tablespoon of honey to the solution. At the end of the linden bath, the legs must be carefully dried and greased with a greasy cream.
Sea salt for heels
Baths with sea salt nourish, improve the condition of the heels, saturate the skin with useful minerals, heal wounds and help cope with irritation, as well as fight against fungal infection and an unpleasant odor.
For the recipe you will need:
- water – 0,5 gallon.
- salt – 200 gr.
Method of preparation: Dissolve salt in hot water, allow to cool slightly and lower legs. The bath time is 15 minutes, then wash the heels, wipe and grease with cream.
If this is the beginning of the care, then the legs are treated with a scrub, and then cream is used.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
DIY scrubs: effective recipes
Regular exfoliation of dead cells will positively affect the health of the skin of the legs. This helps to heal, relieve corns and corns, will serve as a prophylactic against cracks, reduce sweating and increase resistance to fungal infections.
It is not difficult to prepare a scrub, as it includes components that are in almost every home.
Here are a few options.
- freshly ground coffee or thick residues after brewing – 1 large spoon
- base oil – 2 tablespoon
Combine all ingredients, apply massage movements to the feet, and then rinse.
- sea salt – 4-5 tablespoon
- shower gel – 4 tablespoon
Combine the ingredients and scrub can be used.
- sugar – 2 tablespoon
- cream or body lotion – 1 large spoon
Connect and use all components as intended. You can add a little almond oil to enhance the effect.
- semolina – 50 g.
- cinnamon – 20 g.
- shower gel – 0,68 fluid ounce.
Mix all ingredients, use as directed.
Instructions for using scrubs:
- scrubbing is carried out up to twice a week;
- pre-steam the skin;
- movements should be gentle and accurate;
- maximum duration is 10 minutes.
Soft Heel Mask Recipes
Having steamed the heels and treating them with a scrub, the next stage begins – masks. They help soften, saturate the skin with vitamins, and, depending on the components, help get rid of the fungus.
Apricot pulp mask
Apricots are a great way to clean your heels.
To prepare a useful mask you will need:
- Apricots – 2 pcs.
- Oil (olive, linseed, almond) – 1,69 fluid ounce.
Grind fruits in mashed potatoes, heat, pour in the oil component (any one of your choice). Apply the hot composition to the feet, wrap them with cling film and put on socks. Hold for about an hour and then rinse.
Zucchini – a vegetable familiar to a American person, is an excellent cosmetic product that can cope with dry feet, and sour cream will saturate the heels with calcium.
< strong>To prepare the mask you will need:
- zucchini – 1 small;
- sour cream of medium fat content – 30 gr.
Zucchini puree and mix with sour cream. Gauze folded in several layers, apply a mixture to it and attach to the heels, fasten with bandages. Keep the mask at any time, but it is better to do it at night.
Rye bread mask
Brown bread is an excellent cosmetic product. It copes well with the feeling of dryness and tightness of the skin, relieves of coarsened particles.
For the mask you will need:
- bread – 0.5 loaves
- milk – 16,91 fluid ounce.
- Pour the bread with milk and leave for half an hour, then extract and squeeze well.
- Apply the resulting mass to the heels, wrap the legs with a film and insulate.
- Hold for 1 hour.
Thanks to this, the legs become incredibly soft and velvety.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Traditional medicine against rough skin
The means that you can use to clean your heels at home are very diverse. The main thing is to do it regularly. The most common and effective are: hydrogen peroxide, aspirin and glycerin.
Hydrogen peroxide is a pharmacy drug that is used to disinfect wounds, and, in addition, is a cosmetic product that has proven itself in caring for the feet. It has an express effect and removes visible impurities.
There are several ways to use it:
- Method 1. Bath . To prepare it, you need to take 3,38 fluid ounce. means, pour into a bowl of warm water and immerse the heels there for a quarter of an hour. Upon completion, remove legs, dry and apply cream.
- Method 2. Bath with salt . Dissolve several tablespoons of ordinary rock salt in a container with warm water, keep your feet for 10 minutes, then pour 4 large tablespoons of peroxide and hold for another 5 minutes. At the end of the procedure, remove, dry and grease the feet with cream.
- Method 3. Wiping . Treat the heels with hydrogen peroxide, wiping them with a cotton pad or gauze swab. For a more tangible result, the legs can be treated with pumice. Hydrogen peroxide will give a feeling of softness and remove dead cells.
Caution: the presence of open wounds can lead to pain.
Acetylsalicylic acid, and among the people aspirin, an effective tool in the fight against rough skin, is an excellent means for peeling. When combined with fruit acids or base oils, it gives an excellent result.
To clean the heels with aspirin at home, you can in such ways as:
- Lotions . The prepared product is applied to a gauze swab and fixed to the heel with a bandage. Leave overnight and rinse thoroughly in the morning and apply cream.
- Scrubbing . Feet are rubbed with an aspirin mixture, previously steamed. It is necessary to perform massage movements, thanks to them, the skin will get rid of keratinized particles and become soft.
- Mask . A pack of crushed aspirin is mixed with a bottle of iodine and a bottle of medical alcohol. The mixture is applied to clean and dry heels, put on socks, and left for a while. Due to the properties of the components used, the composition will have disinfecting and healing properties.
- Bath . Dilute several tablets of aspirin in hot water, lower your legs into a basin and hold for 15 minutes. Excellent remedy for corns and cracks. It is recommended to carry out this procedure 10 days in a row, take a break and repeat. For prevention, you can use 1-3 times a week.
Important! Use aspirin with caution. He has contraindications.
Glycerin is a remedy that contains a number of useful properties: it makes the skin soft, promotes the healing of wounds and small cracks on the heels.
Method of application: Steam the legs in the bath, using any recipe, treat them with pumice, and then grease with glycerin and put on socks to warm. By regularly practicing such a tool, the heels will acquire incredible smoothness and softness.
Apple cider vinegar and glycerin for heels
Take in equal parts glycerin and apple cider vinegar (9%), for one procedure it will be enough for a couple of tablespoons.
The composition is not stored, so every time a new one is made.
Initially, the legs must be steamed in a bath with sea salt and rubbed with pumice, and then use the prepared product. Applying it, the feet are wrapped with plastic wrap, and the composition lasts several hours. In the end, remove the film, rinse off everything. Even one procedure will give a noticeable result.
The use of table soda
Soda is very popular. She fights against especially neglected heels when they take on a difficult and unattractive appearance, but also cause pain and inconvenience.
Soda bath is prepared in the following way:
- Hot water is poured into a small basin and a package of soda is poured, a soap ingredient is also needed to soften, it can be a shampoo, gel or soap solution.
- Dip your feet in water and hold until the contents have cooled.
- Next, remove them and carefully treat with pumice.
- Then apply a scrub, massage a little and rinse.
- At the end, wipe the legs dry, grease with lemon juice, put on socks.
Better to do in the evening, then go to bed.
Cleaning with lemon juice, chamomile and onion infusion
An effective ally in the fight against coarse skin of the heels is the infusion of pharmacy chamomile, due to its properties it will have a cosmetic effect and therapeutic effect.
The recipe for a useful product:
- Brew 2 sachets of grass in
0,5 gallon of boiling water, leave to brew, and then add more hot water to a comfortable temperature.
- Next, you need to lower your legs and keep in the water for a quarter of an hour.
- Lemon can be used to soften the skin. To do this, it’s enough to tie lemon slices to the heels at night, and in the morning remove it, wash your legs and treat with cream.
It is better to carry out the procedure every day before bedtime.
Onion, or rather onion peel, is an excellent tool that you can use at home to clean your heels. The healing composition can be prepared according to the following recipe: put one full handful of onion husks into a container, then pour the contents with hot water, wrap and leave for several hours.
The composition is poured into the basin, if the onion broth has cooled, then it should be warmed up, since it should be warm. Add soda and salt to a tablespoon and lower your legs into the liquid. Keep until the water is cold, then remove the legs, dry and use the cream, or, if this is only the beginning of foot care, apply a mask.
Homemade ways to look after beautiful heels are effective, simple, and effective. The main thing is to be patient and properly take care of them regularly, observing the sequence of procedures.
Video on how to clean your heels at home
How to clean coarse heels, see the video clip:
How to make a foot bath with hydrogen peroxide, see the video clip: