Fitness tape is a useful invention for modern people, most of whom are passionate about various sports. Dynamic exercises allow you to maintain the body in perfect shape , improve well-being. Elastic bands are especially useful for those who are not available to attend a sports club and classes under the guidance of an experienced instructor.
Such a multifunctional simulator is suitable for both men and women, it is not expensive and allows you to work out various muscle groups at home.
- Types of fitness tapes
- The essence and basic principles of classes
- Indications for use
- Useful Tips
- Main complex
- Warm up
- Basic training
- Exercises for the legs and buttocks
- Shoulder girdle
- Hand exercises
- Pectoral Exercise
- Back exercises
- Exercises for the abs
- Finish training: stretching
- Result fixing
- When to expect an effect
- Fitness Tape Exercise Video
Types of fitness tapes
Fitness tape is a compact elastic product for the manufacture of which very dense materials are used:
Equipment complicates the performance of familiar exercises and is used to work out certain muscle groups. Such a product is especially suitable for people for whom ordinary classes have already become ineffective, and the load from the simulators is still too high.
Benefits of fitness tapes:
- increasing the effectiveness of exercises due to the additional load, quick result from classes;
- universality, the device can be used for various muscle groups;
- the possibility of use by people with different levels of physical fitness.
It is convenient to work out with an elastic band both in a fitness club and at home, it makes the muscles work hard, but does not put pressure on joints and tendons. Also, the advantage of the device is that it does not take up much space, and you can take it with you for training in nature, on tourist trips, on business trips.
There are such categories of simulators:
- elastic gum, produced in rolls and sold per foot;
- mini loop about 1’6 foot long, it is an elastic ring equipped with hand loops;
- a long loop, similar to the previous version, but their length is about 6’6 foot. Such a device can be bent several times during some exercises.
Depending on the level of resistance, there are also various types of rubber bands.
You can distinguish them by color:
- Yellow. This tape is the softest, it can be used by novice athletes. The loads when using the simulator are small, but they allow you to prepare the muscles for further exercises.
- Reds. For classes of an easy level. Can be used by both beginners and experienced athletes.
- Greens. Suitable for intermediate training. Those who are just starting to play sports should not choose such a device, since the muscles will experience an unusually high load. This will not give the desired result and end in pain in the muscles.
- Blue is a hard level. To engage in such an elastic band can people whose level of physical fitness is quite high, as well as professional athletes.
- Black. Are the toughest. They can be used exclusively by professionals.
In order not to make a mistake in the choice, you need to know your level of physical fitness. Rubber bands are sold separately and in a kit that includes devices with different stiffnesses. Before buying, you should try to stretch the product. If this is easy, then you need to pay attention to the gum with great resistance.
The cost of the fixture is influenced by the material of manufacture and the manufacturer. The most high-quality and expensive rubber bands made of polyurethane. They are durable, which justifies the cost of such an acquisition. The quality of latex products is slightly lower, since the material can provoke an allergic reaction. But it can also last a long time. Rubber shells are the cheapest.
They do not differ in durability, with the use of such a tape, irritation may appear if it comes in contact with naked skin.
Despite this, such products are also in great demand. You can buy a simulator in a sports store or order it on the Internet. The device can be sold in rolls, which allows you to purchase a tape of the required size. The price of a sports equipment is from $ 2 – $ 14.
The essence and basic principles of classes
Exercise with a fitness tape was originally used to rehabilitate patients who underwent surgery or were seriously injured, as well as for older people with joint pathologies or muscle atrophy. Modern fitness instructors use elastic bands as an alternative to a variety of fitness equipment, as this device allows you to turn a regular workout into a strength one.
During the stretching of the product, resistance arises, due to which the necessary load is created. Most often, with the help of a simulator, they work out the muscles of the legs and buttocks, which are not used enough during normal exercises. To achieve a positive effect, you need to do 30-40 minutes a day. Each exercise is repeated 10-20 times in 3 sets.
The optimal frequency of classes is 3-4 times a week. Those who are just starting to play sports should choose yellow ribbons. Slightly complicated exercises will give their effect, which can be noticed within a few days after the start of training. After the muscles get stronger, you can switch to a more rigid product.
Exercise will not be effective if you do not monitor the status of the fitness tape. In the initial position, the product should be slightly stretched. During the exercise – all the time is stretched, providing the necessary load. The key point in training is fixing the position when the device is stretched for a while.
After that, you need to return to the starting position. To adjust the contours of the body, it is recommended to alternate exercises with the device with cardio loads, if the goal is to increase muscle mass – with power.
Indications for use
Fitness tape exercises are recommended for those who wish:
- increase muscle strength and elasticity;
- increase stamina of joints and tendons;
- work out problem areas;
- improve body contours;
- develop muscles, joints and ligaments after injuries;
- strengthen muscle corset.
The simulator effectively works out the muscles of the buttocks, giving a relief, but not increasing the volume of the quadriceps. Fitness gum will help tighten sagging skin, get rid of cellulite, keep legs slim and buttocks elastic. A correctly selected set of exercises will allow you to get rid of excess weight, to acquire the desired volumes.
Classes with the device are suitable for those who have problems with the spine and cannot work with power shells. In this case, the effect will be achieved without harm to the musculoskeletal system. During classes, a gradual stretching of the body occurs, without jerking.
There are no contraindications to the use of elastic fo
r fitness, except for latex allergy. Where skin is in contact with the product, skin irritation, redness, and swelling may occur. In this case, it is enough to replace the product with a hypoallergenic, latex-free. The main thing is to follow the exercise technique. Otherwise, muscles, tendons and ligaments can be damaged.
The correct choice of tape stiffness allows you to feel the load well, without compromising the technique of doing the exercises. To work out the upper body, it is recommended to choose a soft tape. Gum medium hard or hard for legs and buttocks.
It should be borne in mind that some manufacturers produce tapes of a wide variety of colors, so when buying, you need to specify the level of rigidity of the device. To make it more convenient to use the simulator, it is better to buy a product with a non-slip surface, and its length should be at least 3’9 foot. A projectile of sufficient length will allow to expand the range of exercises.
The optimal width of the tape is 5’9 – 7’9 inch. It is recommended to wear closed clothing during classes so as not to usd the skin.
For training to be effective, you must adhere to some rules:
- engage regularly;
- alternate exercises with rest;
- Do not exercise for two days in a row, so that the muscles can recover.
- compliance with safety rules when working with a projectile. Movements should be smooth and unhurried. Careless actions can cause the gum to slip off and injure a person;
- gradual increase in the complexity of the workout;
- breath control: on exhalation, the gum stretches, on inspiration, it contracts;
- good sleep and relaxation.
If pain occurs during the performance of any element, it is worth making the grip a little weaker. If the discomfort still persists, it is better to abandon such an exercise, replacing it with another. Some users note that during exercise, the gum sometimes slips out of the hands, which leads to rubbing of the palms of the hands and skin irritation.
In this case, you can use special sports gloves that have a non-slip coating.
A set of exercises can be the most diverse. It all depends on your goals and preferences. The standard technique that is used in gyms can be taken as a basis. Repeating training cycles work out each muscle group in sequence.
An approximate scheme of classes with a tape:
|Day||Body parts that are being worked on|
The rest period is selected individually, depending on the sensations. It’s best to train every other day. The main thing, performing exercises, is to use all the possibilities of fitness tape.
Before starting a workout, a warm-up should be performed that will prepare the body for the load. It can be jogging, exercises with a gymnastic hoop or a rope.
You can also warm up the muscles with the help of such a set of exercises:
- Standing straight, arms along the body, legs shoulder-width apart. Hands raise, taking a breath. Slightly stretched, lower.
- Turn your head left and right, tilt back and forth.
- Do circular movements of the shoulders forward and backward.
- Leaning slightly, turn the body first in one direction, then in the other direction.
- They extend their arms to the sides, make bends to the right and left.
- Leaning forward with a straight back and legs, trying to reach with your hands to the toes.
- Do 20 jumps in two sets.
- Swing with their feet.
After stretching out, you can proceed to the main unit. First, basic exercises for the limbs, abs and back are performed, in which large muscle groups are involved. Then you need to work out the problem areas (buttocks, abdomen, inner and outer sides of the thigh).
The main training consists of:
- push-ups in the supine position – 15 times;
- back push-ups – 10 times;
- exercises for the press – 20 times;
- Squats – 20 times;
- swing with legs – 15 times;
- exercises for legs in a sitting and lying position – 15 times.
Exercises with fitness tape are performed in two approaches. They alternate with cardio loads (jumps, lunges). At the end of the main unit make a bar.
Exercises for the legs and buttocks
Beginners can use a set of 6 exercises. For classes you will need a set of 3 elastic bands. At first, the loads are minimal, then increase every 2 weeks by changing the tape. You need to start with a minimum load, changing the rubber bands to stiffer every 1-2 weeks.
Exercises for the first approach:
- Side penetration. The tape is located above the ankles. Legs are bred until tension is felt in the muscles. Bending the lower limbs a little and leaning forward, make 7 steps sideways to the right, then to the left. The number of repetitions for each side is at least 10.
- Squats With the same position of the gum and legs, they squat 10 times. After that, another 5, spring below.
During the second approach, the posterior surface of the thigh and buttocks is worked out:
- Lying on his stomach with an elastic at his ankles, spread his legs apart, then alternately lift them up – 10 times for each limb.
- Having turned over on a back, place a tape on th
e lower part of hips. Bending at the knees, legs spread apart. On inspiration, the pelvis is raised, at the exit, it is lowered. Repeat 15 times.
For the third approach, the gum is placed just above the knees and the side gait and squats are repeated, performing each exercise 10 times. This complex is also suitable for experienced athletes, but you need to choose a harder gum.
The following exercises are effective for this muscle group:
- The legs are shoulder-width apart, the feet are on the middle part of the elastic, and its ends are in the hands. Leaning slightly forward with bent knees, position the hands between the knees, turning them towards each other. With an exhale, they raise their hands parallel to the floor to the sides, lingering in this position for several seconds, and return to their original position.
- In the same position, they raise their hands with the tape straight, feeling the contraction of the shoulder muscles. Hold for a few seconds in the extreme position and lower their hands.
To work out this muscle group, it is better to take an elastic tape, which can be selected by foot. Each exercise is repeated 15 times in 3 sets.
Such exercises work out biceps and triceps:
- The elastic is placed at shoulder level. With an inhalation, the arms with the simulator are pulled apart as much as possible. At the point of maximum tension, they are delayed for several seconds, returning to their original position. The number of repetitions is not less than 15.
- Feet are placed on the center of the tape, the ends are picked up. They bend their arms with an inhalation, while exhaling, they unbend them. Repeat 15 times.
- Sitting on the floor, bend their knees. Feet rest against the middle of the tape, its ends – in the hands. Perform twisting in different directions with arms apart. Repeat 20 times.
It will take 3 approaches for each exercise.
To work out the pectoral muscles, you need a mini-tape.
Examples of exercises:
- To stand up straight, spread your legs a little, stretch your arms forward, fixing the shell in your palms. Spread your arms as far as possible to the sides, return to the starting position. Repeat 20 times in 3 sets.
- Stretch the elastic over the upper back so that the projectile passes under the armpits. Take the ends in your hands and become the bar. Do push-ups 15 times.
Such a complex can be used even by beginners:
- Fix the sports equipment so that its ends are in the hands, and the middle part is located on the door handle or pipe. Standing with arms extended forward, you need to pull the elastic to the belt, not bending over. Hold the position for 45 seconds. After a short rest, repeat. It will take 3 approaches.
- A mini loop is suitable for this exercise. Stand up straight, raise your hands with the tape stretched up, then lower them so that the device touches the shoulders. Repeat 15 times.
Exercises for the abs
Such exercises contribute to weight loss, reduce abdominal volumes:
- Having fixed the tape on the door jamb, pick up the ends in your hands. Lean right and left.
- In the same position, make inclinations from the waist, including the muscles of the press in the work.
- Lying on your back, stretch your legs. The right foot is located in the middle of the elastic. Pull the ends of the projectile by tearing the shoulder blades off the floor. Bend the left limb, keep the right at an angle of 45 degrees.
Repeat each exercise 15 times in 3 sets.
Finish training: stretching
Each lesson should end in a hitch – a smooth decrease in load with stretching. This allows you to increase the effectiveness of training.
- yoga asanas;
- smooth lowering of the pelvis in lunge;
- slow slopes;
- stretching the arms to the sides;
Stretching should be done within 10 minutes.
Despite the fact that classes with a fitness tape allow you to lose weight, work out problem areas, get rid of cellulite without diets and exhausting workouts in the gym, diet correction is still necessary in order to keep the result lasting. You should also abandon bad habits.
Starting active training, one should not forget about proper and balanced nutrition. With power loads, vitamins and minerals must enter the body in sufficient quantities. Having achieved the desired result, do not stop training. You need to continue regular classes in a comfortable mode.
When to expect an effect
An important condition for effective training is regularity. If you do at least 30 minutes. several times a week, then after a month the first results will already be visible. Judging by the reviews of those who trained daily, the effect appears even earlier – after two weeks the skin becomes more toned and the body contours are clear.
Fitness tapes are not suitable for those who set a goal to achieve serious sports results. But exercises with a shell will help to reduce weight, tighten and strengthen the muscles of various groups. Simple sets of exercises that can be performed even at home will always be in shape.
Fitness Tape Exercise Video
How to use the fitness tape: