According to numerous examples, the photo and video shows how hyaluronic acid works, injected into the lips, so it will not be difficult to compare how noticeable the difference is before and after the procedure, to indicate its effectiveness.
The use of this substance is common in various salon and cosmetic procedures, and is also suitable for home use, the main thing is to adhere to the measures and rules of use.
- How Hyaluronic Acid Injection Works
- Lip proportions: which can be called ideal
- Desired volume: how to achieve
- Advantages and disadvantages of the method of lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid
- Security questions
- Are there any contraindications
- Can complications arise
- Preparation for the procedure
- How is the procedure going
- Rehabilitation period
- Side effects
- In what cases is a correction recommended
- How long does the effect last
- Video about hyaluronic acid on the lips
How Hyaluronic Acid Injection Works
Hyaluron is a natural polysaccharide that is produced by the human body, so the acid is quite safe. There are misconceptions that hyaluron is an analogue of silicone, but it is not.
This substance, which is completely natural, it is a part of tissues, and plays a binding role in the spaces between cells. To enlarge the lips, hyaluronic gel is injected subcutaneously with a syringe. Such injections are painless because obviously manufacturers add anesthetic lidocaine to the filler.
Due to the fact that the acid has the ability to bind water molecules, after the injection was introduced, the composition of hyaluron begins to work on this area of the skin and fill it with moisture. The result is natural volume lips.
The effect can be noticed instantly after the procedure, which does not take much time (maximum 15-20 minutes).
However, it is important to study the formulations before the injections, since each manufacturer makes different gels in action.
Lip proportions: which can be called ideal
Even biologists are engaged in studying the proportions of the lips, they made conclusions based on research: the male sex is attracted to women with full lips, which look natural and make up only 4.5% of the entire face.
This part of the face can be considered ideal when the lower part of the lip should be twice as large as the upper one and occupy 10% of the lower part of the face.
According to experts, we can say that if a woman decided to enlarge her lips, she should adhere to natural proportions and not overdo it with hyaluron or silicone.
Many women who begin to do cosmetic procedures on this part of the face very often begin to overdo it with injections, and this does not paint their appearance. Many stars pump their upper lip more than their lower lip, but this is considered disproportionate in terms of aesthetics.
Desired volume: how to achieve
Hyaluronic acid injected into the lips can slightly emphasize the contour, as well as make them clearly chubby, before and after photos will help you choose the option you want. To achieve the desired lip volume, the procedure is to discuss all the points of interest with the doctor, who will show examples of work and among them it will be possible to choose the appropriate size.
Some gel formulations are considered not fully hydrated. This means that during the first days after the injection, the gel will absorb water. And only after 24 hours can you see the final result. Gels after the procedure can give even more volume to the lips.
Girls who do not want to greatly increase this area of the face should study the compositions and discuss in advance with a specialist what effect should result in. But if a woman suddenly didn’t like the too voluminous result, this can always be corrected by introducing a special enzyme – hyaluronizad.
Advantages and disadvantages of the method of lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid
On the example of stars, hyaluronic acid in the lips of the photo before and after motivates many women to undergo this procedure. This method has a controversial reputation, but still to draw conclusions it is worth paying attention to the positive qualities of hyaluron injection:
- The gel filler produces a temporary effect, it does not accumulate, but resolves with time, if the client has not done repeated procedures. After the injection, the result can be held for 1 to 6 months.
- The procedure has no age restrictions. It is possible to make lips more magnificent both at the age of 16 and after 60. The main condition is consultation with a specialist.
- An allergy to hyaluronic acid is almost impossible, because this substance is already pre-contained in the cells of the human body.
- Acid injections have a rejuvenating effect on the body.
Preliminary preparation for the procedure is not necessary, injections are done on an outpatient basis. But every doctor or cosmetologist must adhere to safety standards and know the rules when the patient should not be given an injection.
For example, with:
- severe allergic reactions in the patient or with some forms of chronic skin rashes;
- diabetes and low blood clotting;
- infections, wounds and inflammations on the skin around the lips and oral mucosa.
It is also worthwhile to warn the doctor if the patient takes such drugs as: aspirin, Ibuprofen and Naproxen. Otherwise, side effects as hematomas may appear.
The doctor should discuss with the client anesthesia in advance, which also has a number of contraindications.
Anesthesia occurs by the injection into the gums. Lidocaine is already in advance in disposable sealed syringes that are completely sterile. It is worth paying attention that the specialist should work in disposable gloves and have disinfectant and antimicrobial agents with him.
Are there any contraindications
Popular hyaluronic acid is injected into the lips, before and after photos show how quickly you can achieve the result of increasing this part of the face.
Despite the fact that the composition of the gel is completely natural, there are some contraindications such as:
- Skin diseases and infections, including herpes.
- Scars, scars and damaged external surface of the lips.
- The presence of silicone or other foreign fillers in the lips.
- Allergic reactions and intolerance to pain medication.
- Pregnancy, lactation and the postpartum period.
Women who have the above contraindications should consult a doctor, postpone the procedure for a while or completely abandon it.
Can complications arise
The introduction of hyaluronic acid is not considered a surgical intervention, but still in some cases complications arise:
Pain and bruising . After the injection, the patient may initially feel pain. This may be due to a deep puncture from the needle. To reduce pain, ice cubes can help, and if not just water, but a decoction of chamomile is used as the basis,
then there will be an additional disinfecting effect. Bruising is not considered a rare occurrence. They arise due to ruptures of the internal capillaries when the needle is inserted.
- Swelling. This phenomenon occurs in almost every patient after injections and disappears in one week. If suddenly the swelling did not pass after this time, then it is believed that the doctor has injected too much of the drug under the skin. An injection of hyaluronidase, which neutralizes excess hyaluronic acid, can help in this case. If the swelling does not go away for a long time, then this means that an infection was introduced during the procedure.
- Lumps and balls. May occur if the drug is administered in too small doses. To prevent this, an experienced doctor massages places where gel can accumulate during injections. But if suddenly the balls nevertheless formed – they will pass in 7 days. And to help the drug dissolve faster, self-massage is recommended.
- Allergies and infections . Such ailments can occur with individual intolerance to the drug. To avoid complications, you need to consult a doctor in advance and do an examination. Also, after the introduction of hyaluron, herpes can occur in a woman if she is predisposed to this infection.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Preparation for the procedure
Before the procedure, it is recommended to undergo an examination and take tests for the presence of herpes or other infectious diseases. Also, sometimes before injections, the doctor may prescribe a preventive course with certain drugs, which can only be advised by a specialist.
How is the procedure going
After a preliminary consultation with a cosmetologist, the procedure itself begins, which takes 15-30 minutes by force. Outpatient conditions are maintained and a local anesthetic is used. After anesthesia, the doctor makes hyaluron injections using a thin needle.
After the introduction of the drug, the specialist massages the skin so that clots do not form at the injection site. Very often after injections, patients experience swelling, but this is a completely normal phenomenon, which quickly passes.
Hyaluronic acid introduced into the lips gives a surprisingly quick effect, which can be estimated from the photos before and after. To maximize the effect of lip augmentation, you need to go through a small rehabilitation period, which includes several rules:
- It is advisable not to use cosmetics for several days, especially lipsticks and glosses.
- In the first day after injections of acid, you can not drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes and drink hot.
- For 14 days you can not take sunbathing, go to the solarium and bath.
Additional restrictions after injections include hiking in the pool and sauna. Also, experts recommend refraining from kisses for several days.
Despite the safety of hyaluronic acid, in rare cases, specialists have noticed side effects from this drug, sometimes even very serious ones.
If the doctor violates the procedure, this can lead to serious problems in the patient, such as:
- Pain is a completely natural reaction to injections. But if unpleasant tingling does not go away for several days, this may indicate an infection or an abscess.
- Blood, bruising and bruising – often occur when the needle, when injected, enters a blood vessel.
- Allergy – often occurs with intolerance to the pain medication or to the composition of the gel. It manifests itself with symptoms of rash, itching, urticaria, in rare cases, can cause anaphylactic shock.
- Necrosis is a rare occurrence, but is possible with non-compliance with hygiene standards or with excessive administration of the drug.
- Asymmetry – may appear if the procedure was performed by a layman. If excess gel has been injected, then it can move to any other part of the face. Also, this phenomenon may occur if the doctor damaged the facial nerve during the injection.
To avoid the above problems, it is recommended to responsibly approach the choice of a cosmetology clinic. The institution must have licenses and certificates of specialists.
Do not save on your health and consult cosmetologists who perform the procedure at home.
Also, before the injection, the patient signs a contract that will guarantee assistance from medical personnel in unforeseen circumstances.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
In what cases is a correction recommended
Injections with this acid are recommended not only in terms of increase, but to eliminate some flaws. Using this procedure, you can conduct a certain reconstruction of the contour of the lips and correct their asymmetry. You can also help those people who are not comfortable with their mouth shape.
Hyaluronic acid makes it possible to solve these problems with a gel that fills the skin cells with a substance called “non-sulfonated glycosaminoglycan.” An undoubted advantage can be considered that such injections do not pose a health hazard, only in rare cases.
How long does the effect last
For each organism, the duration of the filler is individual. The most popular gels of medium viscosity are able to maintain volume up to 1 year and even more. Preparations with a lower viscous composition are eliminated from the body much faster, their effect lasts approximately 6 months. But even if hyaluron is excreted too quickly by the body, puffy lips are still more pronounced than before the procedure.
Numerous photos before and after confirm the fact that hyaluronic acid, which is injected into the lips, significantly improves the appearance of this part of the face. The most important recommendation is to adhere to a measure so that beauty is not turned into a flaw.
Expressive puffy lips are the dream of many women, which is feasible due to the hyaluronic filler. The main thing is for the patient to follow all of the above rules in order to avoid side effects in order to maintain the effect of the
procedure for as long as possible.
Video about hyaluronic acid on the lips
Lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid filler:
Doctor’s opinion on lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid: