In modern cosmetology, home-made scrubs and professional cosmetics are widely used. Formulations for the body and face have gained great popularity, while the scalp also needs periodic scrubbing, and for this, special formulations prepared with salt are considered effective.
- The benefits of scalp scrubs
- What salt to use
- Oil and salt scrub
- Clay recipe
- With honey and cream
- With aloe
- With cognac
- With apple cider vinegar
- With shampoo and balm
- With the infusion of birch buds
- With kefir
- With pepper
- With onion
- With soda
- With rye bread
- Salt Scrub Essential Oils
- Salt Scrub Tips
- Disadvantages and contraindications
- Video with examples of salt head scrubs
The benefits of scalp scrubs
Due to the presence of abrasive and additional components in the composition, the scrub brings the following benefits:
- Absorbs sebum and normalizes the secretion of sebaceous glands.
- Removes dead skin particles.
- Reduces hair loss.
- Provides access to oxygen to the hair follicles.
- Promotes hair growth.
- Removes residues of tonics for hair, masks and other products from the scalp.
- Increases the flow of blood to the scalp, so that the hair receives more nutrients and gain shine, strength, strengthen.
- Enhances the effectiveness of hair masks, if you carry out the procedure before applying them.
What salt to use
Salt and sea salt can be used as a scrub for the scalp, but sea salt is best suited, due to the fact that it has a rich mineral composition.
If ordinary salt contains only sodium chloride, then sea salt contains:
- potassium and others.
Oil and salt scrub
It is necessary to take 2 tablespoon. salt and any basic cosmetic oil, such as avocado, almond, olive. After mixing the ingredients so that they turn into a thick mixture of pasty consistency, apply them to the root zone of the hair. Application begins from the occipital part, then proceeds to the parietal.
After application, you should massage your scalp with your fingers for several minutes, and then rinse your hair with shampoo.
The scrub is applied to dry or wet hair. Moreover, in the latter case, the scrub will have a more gentle effect on the scalp.
Clay has an absorbing ability, therefore, in combination with salt, the mixture has an even greater cleansing effect. With the help of such a scrub, it is possible not only to clean excess hair once, but also to normalize the secretion of skin secretion. For cooking you will need: water, clay, salt. Proportions: 3: 1: 3.
First you need to mix the dry ingredients, and then add water to them. It is better to do this gradually, achieving the desired consistency. The composition should be thick enough so that it does not drip from the hair. Hair before applying the composition must be moisturized.
After applying the mixture, make a light massage of the root zone for 5 minutes and leave the scrub for about 10 minutes. Then the hair is washed with shampoo with warm water.
With honey and cream
Such a scrub is suitable for caring for dry scalp. Honey, cream and salt are taken in a ratio of 1: 2: 3.
You can take any honey for this scrub, including candied.
Mixing salt and honey, dilute the ingredients with cream. After massaging the scalp with a scrub, leave for 10 minutes so that nutrients penetrate the hair and skin. Then wash off the composition with water without the use of cosmetics.
Aloe juice moisturizes not only the scalp, but also the hair, makes them silky and docile. Salt must be combined with aloe juice. The juice is squeezed from the fresh leaves of the plant.
It is best to harvest sheets of an old plant, no younger than 3 years of age. An older plant has more nutrients. There is no specific proportion, you need to make sure that the composition is conveniently applied to the head.
Distribute the composition with massage movements on the scalp, and then wash off after a while.
Experts advise making scrub with cognac for those who have overdried hair. This recipe is ideal for the winter season.
You need to mix 3 tablespoon. salt, almond oil (you can take another) and cognac. Yolk and 1 tablespoon are added to the mass. honey. Mix thoroughly.
It should get a fairly thick mass. It must be applied to the hair and scalp, distributed in circular massage movements and left for 10 minutes. Then the composition is washed off with shampoo.
With apple cider vinegar
In equal proportions, salt and apple cider vinegar are mixed. You can take, for example, 2 tablespoon. one and the other ingredient. Before applying, it is necessary to conduct a test, as signs of irritation may appear on sensitive skin.
With shampoo and balm
The composition of this scrub is the simplest. It is necessary to add fine salt to the usual shampoo, distribute it on the scalp, usd and rinse with warm water. You can mix salt and hair balm in the same way. Such a mixture will have a greater moisturizing effect.
With the infusion of birch buds
To make scrub, you need an infusion of birch buds, prepared from 2 tablespoon. kidneys and 1 tablespoon. boiling water. Infuse the kidneys for at least an hour. Then combine in one mass 1 yolk, 1 teaspoons. liquid honey, 2-3 tablespoon. salt and broth to an easy-to-apply consistency. Such a scrub activates hair growth.
Salt head scrub with kefir is recommended if hair is dry. Kefir-salt scrub cleanses the hair and scalp gently, at the same time, kefir gives a moisturizing and nourishing effect.
For cooking, you need to take high fat kefir, mix with a certain amount of salt – look at the consistency. After a course of applications, the hair becomes silky, docile, strong.
Pepper salt scrub is an aggressive mixture, and it is not recommended to use it if the scalp is sensitive. Mix 2 tablespoon. salt with 1 teaspoons red pepper and 1 teaspoons cinnamon. Having mixed the dry components, any cosmetic oil is added to the composition, for example avocado, almond, olive, sea buckthorn.
After application, the mixture will burn, but the sensations should be tolerable, if they become too painful, the composition must be washed off.
A firming scrub is made from sea salt and onion. Onion has irritating properties, so it is optimal for enhancing hair growth. Have to take Art. salt, preferably sea, and 1 onion.
Onions should be carefully chopped in a blender until gruel. The resulting mass is mixed with salt. A little warm up to a warm state, and then rubbed into the scalp. The composition is kept on the hair for 20 minutes, and then washed off with water.
After applying a soda-salt scrub, the hair becomes softer, fresher, the scalp cleanses, the hair remains clean longer.
For cooking, you need sea salt and soda in equal proportions. The amount taken at their discretion. Dry ingredients can be diluted with plain water or a herbal decoction, such as nettle or chamomile. After application, the composition is kept on the head for 10 minutes, then washed off.
With rye bread
Rye bread (2 slices) is soaked in a small amount of water. After softening the crumb, excess water is drained. 2 yolks and 1 teaspoons are added to the bread mass. sea salt.
After application, this scrub mask is kept on the head for 30 minutes under a warm compress, and then washed off with shampoo.
Salt Scrub Essential Oils
By adding essential oils to the salt scrub, you can eliminate dandruff, prevent hair loss, moisturize and nourish the strands.
|Firming||Moisturizing||Cleansing Fat||Against loss||Anti-dandruff|
Salt Scrub Tips
- Salt head scrub dries the skin very much, therefore, in the presence of dry skin, it is recommended to use it no more than 1 time in 2 weeks. If the scalp is oily, then you can do it 2 times a week.
- Experts recommend a course application of scrub, i.e. about 7-10 procedures. Then you need to take a break.
- If the hair is oily at the roots and dry at the tips, so as not to dry the hair and make the tips even drier, it is recommended to apply olive oil to the lower third of the hair length before applying the scrub.
- Massage of the scalp should be performed from the back of the head to the parietal zone. This technique is most correct in terms of massage lines and stimulation of blood circulation: hair becomes stronger, their growth is stimulated, and headache calms down.
- If the hair is dry or there are any problems with the hair or scalp, such as dandruff or cut ends, it is worth adding essential oils to the scrub. They enhance the effectiveness of the mixture, nourish the hair with useful substances, give the hair a pleasant aroma.
- Salt scrub has a more intense effect at high temperatures, so it is especially recommended to use it in a bath. Salt masks are allowed. To do this, the composition should be left after scrubbing the skin for some more time on the hair (usually 10 minutes), wrapping the head with polyethylene and a towel.
- In addition to using salt scrub, it is recommended to use moisturizers so as not to dry the hair. It is desirable that these were also homemade products.
- Rinse off the scrub first with water, and then with shampoo. If shampoo is not used, salt crystals will remain on the hair.
Disadvantages and contraindications
Salt scrub has contraindications:
- It cannot be done if there are scratches or wounds on the scalp. Salt causes burning sensation when ingested. If you still need to make a scrub, the salt should be replaced with another abrasive.
- If severe baldness is observed, the hair may begin to fall out even more intensively, because the weakened follicles are not able to withstand the serious mechanical effect that the salt scrub has.
- From the dyed hair with the systematic use of scrub, the pigment is washed out faster.
- Contraindications are skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Salt can cause an allergic reaction.
- Dry hair with split ends can not be exposed to scrub more than once every two weeks, but in this case it is necessary to protect hair with oils.
Salt scrub is a convenient and affordable tool that is used to nourish hair, remove keratinized skin particles, stimulate blood circulation and hair growth.
It can dry the skin, however, following the recommendations and using moisturizers and nutrients after scrub, this deficiency is eliminated. Especially salt scrubs are suitable for oily scalp.
Video with examples of salt head scrubs
A simple scrub recipe with a minimum of ingredients:
Peeling with salt for hair growth: