Acne occurs on different parts of the body. But on the face they bring maximum inconvenience and psychological discomfort. There is no universal acne ointment. But still there are relatively inexpensive and effective drugs.
- The main components of acne ointments
- Inexpensive antibacterial ointments
- Anti-inflammatory and healing ointments
- Hormonal ointment
- Ointments for spots, scars and acne marks
- List of acne ointments
- Pharmacy solutions
- Cheap Acne Treatments: Toothpaste and Aspirin
- The approximate cost of inexpensive and effective acne ointments
- The results of the use of inexpensive ointments
- Video about inexpensive and effective acne ointments for face
The main components of acne ointments
For the effectiveness of treatment, it is important to choose the right ointment based on the active substance that can actively eliminate the problem. The main active ingredients that make up ointments, depending on their action.
- antibiotics: penicillin, tetracycline, erythromycin, chloramphenicol;
- acid: salicylic, acetylsalicylic;
- natural substances: tar of birch, oil.
Inexpensive antibacterial ointments
Acne ointment on the face is inexpensive, but effective should contain components that have an active effect on the bacteriological nature of acne formation, i.e. having an antibacterial effect.
Relatively inexpensive are funds:
- Erythromycin. The active ingredient is erythromycin (antibiotic-macrolite). Replaces preparations of the penicillin and tetracycline groups in case of allergic reactions to these drugs. Dosage: applied 2-3 times a day, the treatment period is up to 2 months. May cause peeling, redness, some irritation, itching.
- Streptocide liniment . The active component of the antimicrobial action is sulfonamide. The ointment is effective for purulent acne, applied in a thin layer. It has contraindications: pregnancy, lactation, anemia, azotemia. Prolonged use may cause nausea, vomiting, allergic reactions. Used by lubricating the affected areas or applying compresses.
- Ichthyol. The active substance is ichthamol. Helps accelerate the maturation of boils, active against staphylococci, streptococci. It has a keratoplastic effect. Apply 1-2 per day.
- Levomycetin ointment is the active component of chloramphinecol, effective in staphylococci, streptococci, enterobacteria, rickettsia and some groups of viruses. Must be used twice daily.
- Tetracycline ointment. The active substance is tetracycline. It has an effect on pathogenic dies. It is not prescribed for microcosis, problems caused by streptococci A group. It is necessary to apply twice a day pointwise.
- Levosin is a representative of a combination action: antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, analgesic. It is used during pregnancy. It should be applied 3 times a day, the effect is observed after 3 days.
- Levomekol , in the composition – methyluracil chloramphenicol. Active against staphylococci. It freely penetrates into tissues without breaking the membranes, has the property of regeneration. Apply to clean skin twice a day.
- Streptocide ointment , the active substance is sulfanilamide. Effective with purulent acne. In addition to antibacterial action, eliminates inflammation. Apply 1-2 times a day, the period of use is 7 days.
Anti-inflammatory and healing ointments
An ointment for acne on the face (inexpensive is also effective because it has an identical composition, and the price varies depending on the manufacturer) on the basis of an antibiotic is prescribed if the nature of the appearance of rashes is bacterial in nature.
But most often you can achieve a good result with an ointment that has an anti-inflammatory effect with a healing effect:
- Vishnevsky ointment. Thanks to its natural ingredients is a safe tool. Contains: castor oil, tar of birch, xeroform. Tar helps to relieve inflammation, xeroform is an antiseptic, oil softens the skin. It has a pronounced regenerative effect. It is recommended to apply twice a day, covering the place with a cotton swab.
- Zinc ointment , the active substance is zinc. Has a drying, astringent result. Before applying, the inflamed area on the skin must be treated with an antiseptic. Use should be twice a day.
- Salicylic ointment , the base is salicylic acid. Additional action – antiseptic, keratolytic. Apply twice a day. With a severe degree of damage, apply as a compress for several hours.
- Salicylic-zinc ointment . Combined the properties of the previous two, has a double effect.
- Heparin ointment . The main component is sodium heparin. In addition to anti-inflammatory effects, it has an analgesic effect. It is not applied to open purulent acne. Depending on the degree of damage, it is used 2-3 times a day for 5-6 days.
- Sulfur ointment . The active ingredient is sulfur. Contributing to increased blood supply in the cells, eliminates inflammation. It has a drying, relieving itching, analgesic effect. It is applied in a small layer twice a day for 5 days.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of funds.
An ointment for acne on the face is inexpensive with hormonal components that quickly eliminates the problem, but slows down the regeneration process. Not recommended for use by pregnant women, during lactation.
The funds use artificial hormones that quickly penetrate the skin, thereby effectively combating inflammation:
- Sinaflan. The active component is fluocinolone acetonide. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic effect. It is necessary to apply after treatment with an antiseptic from 2 to 4 times a day. The period of use depending on the degree of the disease: up to 10 days.
- Hydrocortisone ointment. In the composition – hydrocartisone. It has anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, antiexudative effect. Not recommended for pregnant women. It is applied in a small layer 2-3 times a day, it is applied for about 2 weeks. The decision to extend up to 20 days is decided by the doctor.
- Celestoderm. In the composition – gentamicin and betamethasone valerate. Apply twice daily. The term is set taking into account the severity of the disease.
Ointments for spots, scars and acne marks
After acne, traces often remain in the form of spots, scars. With severe skin damage, resort to cosmetic procedures. But if the degree of skin damage is not strong, ordinary ointments will help to get rid.
The drugs are used in the form of a small layer on the lesion: spots, scars. After an hour, the remnants of the ointment are washed off. When applying a thick layer of ointment, irritation, redness may appear on the skin.
Effective are the products on badagi, which fight against dark spots. Apply pointwise for a period of time up to half an hour. After the procedure, the residues must be washed off.
List of acne ointments
Ointment for acne on the face (inexpensive does not mean its inefficiency) is included in the complex treatment of antibacterial and hormonal nature. If boils occur on the face, medical consultation is necessary, correctly selected means of therapy. With subcutaneous boils, an abscess occurs inside. This disease is called – furunculosis.
Acne with furunculosis is painful, it is difficult to remove them, and they significantly spoil the appearance.
Doctors warn that it is strictly forbidden to crush acne in the nasolabial part of the face (the so-called triangle). The likelihood of pus getting into the sinuses and the penetration of infection into the brain increases. Acne small size can be removed independently. With a more complex degree of damage, qualified assistance with the administration of drugs inside is necessary.
Effective ointments for furunculosis include:
- Ichthyol ointment and Vishnevsky are able to stretch pus outward, as they penetrate into the deeper layers of the epidermis. You need to use it carefully, lubricating acne pointwise. If necessary, apply in the form of a compress for the night. In case of severe damage, change the bandage once a day.
- Levomekol. The composition contains an antibiotic. The ointment has an antiseptic effect, pulling pus out. It is applied by spot application or in the form of a compress.
- Streptocide liniment. The active substance is sulfanilamide. It has an antibacterial effect, effective in a large area of damage. According to the instructions, apply twice a day without rinsing. In severe cases, it is applied as a compress, the dressing changes once a day.
- Zenerith. The active ingredients are an antibiotic (erythromycin) in combination with zinc. It has a pronounced bacteriological effect. Promotes regeneration. Apply ointment twice daily with an applicator.
The course of therapy is calculated up to 10 days, if necessary, the duration of the course increases.
From acne on the face, not only ointments help, but also solutions, which include the same components as in the ointment. Solutions are inexpensive but effective.
The presented medicines are recommended to be used in a complex:
- Salicylic acid. It has an anti-inflammatory, drying, antibacterial effect. Effective in removing spots that appeared after acne, as it has a brightening effect. It is necessary to apply by spot spreading. When used on extensive lesions, it will dry out the skin. Suitable for oily skin, effective with black spots. For treatment, 1% and 2% solutions are recommended. If used improperly, itching, redness, peeling.
- Boric acid. Deeply cleanses the skin, disinfects pores, which reduces the likelihood of new rashes. Excellent antiseptic, no addictive effect. To achieve the result, it is recommended to wipe the face with a cotton swab at night. It is applied until the problem is completely resolved. An exacerbation of the situation is possible: hidden acne comes out. Procedures should be regular. If used improperly, there is a risk of overdrying the skin, resulting in redness.
- Chloramphenicol solution. Based on antibiotic. Has a disinfecting effect, effective for purulent infections. Treat the affected areas of the skin with points directly to the site of the lesion, several times a day. The course is about a week.
Cheap Acne Treatments: Toothpaste and Aspirin
The use of toothpaste has come into use in the treatment of acne. The effect is drying and healing. If used improperly, it can cause irritation. The reason is its ingredients: baking soda, hydrogen pyroxide, triclosan. These ingredients are found in white types of pasta.
It is not recommended to choose colored types of pastes, as they contain components that can cause irritation and allergies.
Also, do not choose a transparent paste in the form of a gel, it will not provide the desired result. It is important to exclude the use of whitening pastes, which can burn the skin, form scars. It is advisable to give preference to pastes, which contain organic elements: tea tree extract, aloe, myrrh, eucalyptus, etc.
Before using the product, cleanse the skin. Apply on dry skin. Leave overnight. Wash off with warm water in the morning. The main action of toothpaste: cleanse, narrow the pores, dry the inflammation. Repeated procedure in a couple of days.
The use of aspirin is due to its ability to exert an anti-inflammatory effect. Acetylsalicylic acid is similar in properties to salicylic acid. Sometimes aspirin is more effective than expensive drugs. The main application consists in the following method: crush one tablet and mix with water to get gruel. Apply the mixture to the pimple. Leave overnight.
Widespread use of masks with the addition of aspirin. Blue clay, honey, aloe, oils and other components of your choice are added to this composition. Mas
ks are dried, accelerate the aging of acne, relieve blackheads.
The approximate cost of inexpensive and effective acne ointments
The cost depends on the size of the package, the percentage of the main component.
The average price varies:
- Antimicrobials: Erythromycin ointment – $ 1,16 – $ 1,22., Streptocide liniment – $ 0,95 – $ 1,4., Ichthyol – $ 0,68 – $ 1,09., Levomycetin ointment – $ 0,54 – $ 0,68., Tetracycline ointment – $ 0,68., Levosin – $ 1,09 – $ 1,22. ., Levomekol – $ 2 – $ 2., Streptocid ointment – $ 1,36.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs : Vishnevsky ointment – $ 0,41 – $ 0,57., Zinc ointment – $ 0,24., Heparin ointment – $ 0,95 – $ 1,09., Salicylic ointment – $ 0,37 – $ 0,41., Sulfur ointment – $ 0,68 – $ 0,75., Salicylic-zinc ointment. – $ 0,34 – $ 0,41.
- Hormonal drugs : Sinoflan – $ 0,48 – $ 0,95., Hydrocortisone ointment – $ 0,45 – $ 0,48., Celestoderm – $ 3,26.
The results of the use of inexpensive ointments
The main result of the use of pharmacy products is the main action of the active component: the removal of inflammation, antibacterial, antiseptic properties, cleansing pores. All the main actions are manifested depending on the components of the ointment: reducing the secretion of the sebaceous glands, drying, relieving itching, allergic reactions (in hormonal ointments).
The more active the drug, the tougher its effect on the skin, so after use it is recommended to nourish and moisturize it with special means.
With the formation of acne on the face, ointments are often used. Inexpensive drugs have no less effect than expensive ones. But the effectiveness of both of these is directly dependent on the correctness of identifying the causes of acne. Only a correctly established diagnosis is the key to effective treatment.
Video about inexpensive and effective acne ointments for face
Pharmacy ointments to combat acne and rashes: